Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,757 members, 7,824,172 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:43 AM

Pixs Of A Massive Car Manufacturing Plant In Kano You Never Believe Exist. - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Pixs Of A Massive Car Manufacturing Plant In Kano You Never Believe Exist. (27796 Views)

Inside The Innoson Vehicle Manufacturing Plant As You Have Never Seen It Before / Last Car Ever Built Rolls Off Holden Line As Car Manufacturing Ends In Australia / Innoson Motors To Establish World Class Manufacturing Plant In Uyo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pixs Of A Massive Car Manufacturing Plant In Kano You Never Believe Exist. by Nobody: 8:31am On Aug 07, 2016
as usual the op is a bigot, I hope you have realised it is not an indigenous company as well as it is not a manufacturing but an assembly plant, you people manage to drag tribe into everything thing on nl even when it is uncalled for,op na ozuo you be

2 Likes

Re: Pixs Of A Massive Car Manufacturing Plant In Kano You Never Believe Exist. by scorpio2013: 9:13am On Aug 07, 2016
Kudos to my northern brothers.
NafeesaAA:
Northerners Don't Normally Blow Their own trumpet,

Allow me to introduce National Truck Manufacturing Company Along Kano- Zaria Road opposite Gidan Lemu
Re: Pixs Of A Massive Car Manufacturing Plant In Kano You Never Believe Exist. by LeJeun3: 9:36am On Aug 07, 2016
smiley
Re: Pixs Of A Massive Car Manufacturing Plant In Kano You Never Believe Exist. by LeJeun3: 9:36am On Aug 07, 2016

That place has been in existence for more than 5years. In 2008 as president of my department, took my department on excursion to that facility.....

1 Like

Re: Pixs Of A Massive Car Manufacturing Plant In Kano You Never Believe Exist. by Nobody: 9:53am On Aug 07, 2016
Pylony:
They do not Manufacture they simply Assemble.. We'll tag the company a manufacturer when they start making every motor parts 100% here in Nigeria. If you call this a manufacturer of motor vehicle, then the PAN plant in Kaduna was also Manufacturing and not Assembling as you want us to believe with this Thread.
Am not being a town cryer for Innoson motors, but to some extend they manufacture 60% of their motor parts using indigenous made in Nigeria materials and has a blue print to start real manufacture by 2020.
The fact still remains i'll rather celebrate a Nigerian company than talk manufacturing by an Indian Company when all they no is Assemble vehicular body parts brought in from their countries.

All over Nigeria you see places where Keke Napep are being assemble by fellow Nigerians, that do not in any way make them the manufacturers of such products with a company Logo in India.

I understand the point you are making but NO car manufacturer uses 100% of its own products. It simply does not make sense. Every vehicle or plane manufacturer has a comparative advantage that they focus on be it engine, hydraulics, interior or simply design. The rest is outsourced. There is no way a manufacturer will use only it's own stuff. How many separate pieces make up a vehicle? Thousands. How do you manufacture every piece?

What I think you are trying to say is that there is no domestic input in the entire process from end to end. I think that's pretty hard to prove because parts design and customization ( excluding manufacture) is part of the process.

If you say we should be increasing domestic content - I will go with you on that. But do bear in mind that manufacturers like PROFORCE in Ede do their own ballistic resistance metal sheeting and resin production. These vehicles are seeing action in Libya as we speak.

Let's encourage these guys to do more. And ensure that flat steel rolls out from Aladja.

4 Likes

Re: Pixs Of A Massive Car Manufacturing Plant In Kano You Never Believe Exist. by Nobody: 10:05am On Aug 07, 2016
Mynd44:
Very old news. This firm has been in operation for years
Did u not see where the op wrote that the plant has been operating for over 5yrs. Plz free urself from hate.
Re: Pixs Of A Massive Car Manufacturing Plant In Kano You Never Believe Exist. by Nobody: 10:07am On Aug 07, 2016
Pylony:
They do not Manufacture they simply Assemble.. We'll tag the company a manufacturer when they start making every motor parts 100% here in Nigeria. If you call this a manufacturer of motor vehicle, then the PAN plant in Kaduna was also Manufacturing and not Assembling as you want us to believe with this Thread.
Am not being a town cryer for Innoson motors, but to some extend they manufacture 60% of their motor parts using indigenous made in Nigeria materials and has a blue print to start real manufacture by 2020.
The fact still remains i'll rather celebrate a Nigerian company than talk manufacturing by an Indian Company when all they no is Assemble vehicular body parts brought in from their countries.

All over Nigeria you see places where Keke Napep are being assemble by fellow Nigerians, that do not in any way make them the manufacturers of such products with a company Logo in India.
Name one car manufacturing company that manufacture all its parts 100% in one plant.
Re: Pixs Of A Massive Car Manufacturing Plant In Kano You Never Believe Exist. by Emeka71(m): 10:12am On Aug 07, 2016
There are bigger industries in Kano.
Re: Pixs Of A Massive Car Manufacturing Plant In Kano You Never Believe Exist. by Nobody: 10:19am On Aug 07, 2016
Big dogs don't bark.
Re: Pixs Of A Massive Car Manufacturing Plant In Kano You Never Believe Exist. by egbaguy2: 10:23am On Aug 07, 2016
NafeesaAA:

Northerners don't normally blow their own trumpet. As you can see a lot of people be finding it hard to believe especially the Uganda's.
dey re coming for u
Re: Pixs Of A Massive Car Manufacturing Plant In Kano You Never Believe Exist. by lawani: 10:48am On Aug 07, 2016
greenpasture:

I understand the point you are making but NO car manufacturer uses 100% of its own products. It simply does not make sense. Every vehicle or plane manufacturer has a comparative advantage that they focus on be it engine, hydraulics, interior or simply design. The rest is outsourced. There is no way a manufacturer will use only it's own stuff. How many separate pieces make up a vehicle? Thousands. How do you manufacture every piece?

What I think you are trying to say is that there is no domestic input in the entire process from end to end. I think that's pretty hard to prove because parts design and customization ( excluding manufacture) is part of the process.

If you say we should be increasing domestic content - I will go with you on that. But do bear in mind that manufacturers like PROFORCE in Ede do their own ballistic resistance metal sheeting and resin production. These vehicles are seeing action in Libya as we speak.

Let's encourage these guys to do more. And ensure that flat steel rolls out from Aladja.

They dont understand what you are saying.

1 Like

Re: Pixs Of A Massive Car Manufacturing Plant In Kano You Never Believe Exist. by BensMaz: 11:16am On Aug 07, 2016
quite a laudable economic input to the nation's technological advance...

But this one that its a silent achievement, let's hope no one is developing an army of decepticons somewhere under our noses.
Re: Pixs Of A Massive Car Manufacturing Plant In Kano You Never Believe Exist. by ikupakuti(m): 11:19am On Aug 07, 2016
NafeesaAA:
The Plant has have been silently manufacturing Trucks, Buses, Ambulances, Pick-Up Vans, Fire Truck and KeKe NAPEP for the past 5 years.

That place has been there for decades

@least we lived close to it for over 20 years

I think its run by Siemens

They used to assemble only FIAT product back then

They call it GIDAN FIAT

3 Likes

Re: Pixs Of A Massive Car Manufacturing Plant In Kano You Never Believe Exist. by Nobody: 11:44am On Aug 07, 2016
Op ur a real ozuo, assembling is not manufacturing
Re: Pixs Of A Massive Car Manufacturing Plant In Kano You Never Believe Exist. by jamace(m): 12:02pm On Aug 07, 2016
Hmm.

Well, I have not seen any of their products on our roads.
Re: Pixs Of A Massive Car Manufacturing Plant In Kano You Never Believe Exist. by Nobody: 12:22pm On Aug 07, 2016
9jii:

No black nation can do that yet.
This is something

I never said it wasn't something.
Re: Pixs Of A Massive Car Manufacturing Plant In Kano You Never Believe Exist. by Ichieboxy: 12:25pm On Aug 07, 2016
NafeesaAA:

Northerners don't normally blow their own trumpet. As you can see a lot of people be finding it hard to believe especially the Uganda's.

Re: Pixs Of A Massive Car Manufacturing Plant In Kano You Never Believe Exist. by PatrickAnyanwu(m): 12:36pm On Aug 07, 2016
Assembly plant not manufacturing....
Re: Pixs Of A Massive Car Manufacturing Plant In Kano You Never Believe Exist. by giles14(m): 12:39pm On Aug 07, 2016
we are talk of private companies not govt owned.
Re: Pixs Of A Massive Car Manufacturing Plant In Kano You Never Believe Exist. by Babysho(m): 12:45pm On Aug 07, 2016
XketchDesigns:
this is nice but however, my problem with this has always remained the same.

last year, i worked at a similar company in kano, Although we assembled tricycles imported from india.
the only true manufacture we did was for the aluminium body of the tricycle. it was owned by indians, i am sure this is also owned by indians.
the major issue with this kind of companies that are just springing up all over is that they do not and cannot employ graduates. A graduate has little to do there, most of the jobs are for people that did not go to school, just show them how to put parts together.

Nigeria suppose don pass this level.

Nigeria needs company that employs people that collaborates with car manufacturing companies to code programs for the software used in the cars, design engineers that design if not the engine the other parts, material engineers that can make use of our abundant natural resources.

Smart!

Really, all the sectors in Nigeria have easy solutions but I don't know why all the candidates for Presidency are always above 55.

We need more young minds like yours in top Government positions.

1 Like

Re: Pixs Of A Massive Car Manufacturing Plant In Kano You Never Believe Exist. by Obynolee(f): 1:03pm On Aug 07, 2016
basisop:
Is it indigenous or owned by some set of Lebanese who won't pay tax?

Innosson is 100% Nigerian.

How can you compare the two?,This is an assembly plant not manufacturing
Re: Pixs Of A Massive Car Manufacturing Plant In Kano You Never Believe Exist. by AdeniyiA(m): 1:15pm On Aug 07, 2016
May God punish our leaders who failed to encourage local content and development
Re: Pixs Of A Massive Car Manufacturing Plant In Kano You Never Believe Exist. by favourmic(m): 1:26pm On Aug 07, 2016
How market my Biafra dudes you can now see everything is not by noise...

click like for Nigeria United we can get there and we will.
Re: Pixs Of A Massive Car Manufacturing Plant In Kano You Never Believe Exist. by lawani: 1:28pm On Aug 07, 2016
Obynolee:

How can you compare the two?,This is an assembly plant not manufacturing

If there is something that company is buying abroad for N100 which Innoson can supply for N95, let Innoson submit their quotation, afterall they are in business to make profit.
Re: Pixs Of A Massive Car Manufacturing Plant In Kano You Never Believe Exist. by Phobia1: 2:08pm On Aug 07, 2016
basisop:

Yeyenatu
Re: Pixs Of A Massive Car Manufacturing Plant In Kano You Never Believe Exist. by Caseless: 2:28pm On Aug 07, 2016
basisop:

shut up!
Re: Pixs Of A Massive Car Manufacturing Plant In Kano You Never Believe Exist. by Jazzlite: 2:29pm On Aug 07, 2016
South Africa..... check google

9jii:

No black nation can do that yet.
This is something
Re: Pixs Of A Massive Car Manufacturing Plant In Kano You Never Believe Exist. by Chukazu: 2:33pm On Aug 07, 2016
I don't get it when you say they don't blow their trumpet..
are they not supposed to make noise (advertise) so that people would know about them an patronize them?
so wt is wrong in blowing your trump? is it supposed to be a secret?

even INNOSON in my opinion is way too quiet

2 Likes

Re: Pixs Of A Massive Car Manufacturing Plant In Kano You Never Believe Exist. by Obynolee(f): 2:50pm On Aug 07, 2016
lawani:

If there is something that company is buying abroad for N100 which Innoson can supply for N95, let Innoson submit their quotation, afterall they are in business to make profit.

Are you talking as the CEO of the company or as a sympathizer?
Re: Pixs Of A Massive Car Manufacturing Plant In Kano You Never Believe Exist. by 9jii(m): 4:13pm On Aug 07, 2016
Jazzlite:
South Africa..... check google

Na lie but i ll not follow u argue because u don't know.
Re: Pixs Of A Massive Car Manufacturing Plant In Kano You Never Believe Exist. by Jazzlite: 4:22pm On Aug 07, 2016
9jii:

Na lie but i ll not follow u argue because u don't know.
I don't argue. If you believe otherwise state it so we can learn from you.
Vehicle manufacturers such as BMW, Ford (incorporating Mazda), General Motors, Mercedes Benz, Nissan, Renault, Toyota and Volkswagen have production plants in South Africa, while component manufacturers such as Arvin Exhaust, Bloxwitch, Corning, Senior Flexonics have established production bases here.

Just a cursory google search. I hope you understand the difference between a production plant and an assembly plant
Re: Pixs Of A Massive Car Manufacturing Plant In Kano You Never Believe Exist. by lawani: 6:11pm On Aug 07, 2016
Obynolee:

Are you talking as the CEO of the company or as a sympathizer?

What I am trying to make you see is that Innoson too is an assembly plant and that company is ahead of Innoson in Nigeria. Afterall, Mr Innocent Chukwuma is not an Engineer but a spare parts dealer. The foremost indigenous machine part fabricator and equipment designer in Nigeria is Prof G A Makanjuola with his Makstech Nig ltd based in Ilesa. He is also a Prof in the university at Ile Ife and a holder of 3 British patents.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Brabus Gives Mercedes E-class A Stunning New Look / Between A Honda Accord And A Toyota Camry / ASWMA Vehicle Spotted With Two Of Its Tyres Missing (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.