Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,824 members, 7,820,901 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:17 AM

What Is The Difference Between A Christian And A Disciple? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Is The Difference Between A Christian And A Disciple? (11169 Views)

Is It Right To Be A Christian And Join Secret Society?; Pastor Shares Photos / Can You Be A Christian And Not Go To Church? / Jesus Ask His Disciple, What Did People Say That I Am (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is The Difference Between A Christian And A Disciple? by rexben(m): 2:24pm On Aug 07, 2016
femi4:
You have problem with interpretation.

Read the bolded again and you ll realised you are not making sense.

...the hand of the Lord was with them, and a great number believed and turned to the Lord. Then news of these things came to the ears of the church in Jerusalem, and they sent out Barnabas to go as far as Antioch. When he came and had seen the grace of God, he was glad, and encouraged them all that with purpose of heart they should continue with the Lord. For he was a good man, full of the Holy Spirit and of faith. And a great many people were added to the Lord.
"Then Barnabas departed for Tarsus to seek Saul. And when he had found him, he brought him to Antioch. So it was that for a whole year they assembled with the church and taught a great many people. And the disciples were first called Christians in Antioch."
Acts 11:21-26

Son of the devil.....Paul is not Christ. There is only one Christ and that's Jesus.

Mk 8:29
And He was questioning them, "But whom do you pronounce Me to be?" Peter answering, says to Him, "You are the Christ."
I am a disciple of Jesus and not a Christian. Jesus said that many false Christs will arise Matt 24:24. Jesus is the Christ of God. I repeat Paul never followed Jesus neither are Christians following Jesus
Re: What Is The Difference Between A Christian And A Disciple? by femi4: 2:29pm On Aug 07, 2016
rexben:
They were called Christians after Paul taught(discipled) them for a year. Why were they not called Christians before the arrival of Paul? In Antioch, they saw Paul as a Christ(an anointed one) that was why they called his followers Christians.
Jesus is a Christ,the Christ of God. There are many other Christs in which Paul is one. So Jesus is not the only Christ, even Jesus said it. Matt 24:24
Shut up, Peter was the leader and Paul was the last to arrive. He was brought in by Barnabas.

Then Barnabas departed for Tarsus to seek Saul. And when he had found him, he brought him to Antioch. So it was that for a whole year they assembled with the church and taught a great many people. And the disciples were first called Christians in Antioch.

They taught not Paul taught

The likes of James, John , Barnabas were there teaching others about Christ.
Re: What Is The Difference Between A Christian And A Disciple? by femi4: 2:32pm On Aug 07, 2016
rexben:
I am a disciple of Jesus and not a Christian. Jesus said that many false Christs will arise Matt 24:24. Jesus is the Christ of God. I repeat Paul never followed Jesus neither are Christians following Jesus
You are the son of your father the devil looking for whom to devour. You couldn't even support any of your claims with Scriptures
Re: What Is The Difference Between A Christian And A Disciple? by Haybeecoded: 5:08pm On Aug 07, 2016
The meaning of christian is christ like while deciple is servant sent for a perticular missson I fink that I have just make a point wink
Re: What Is The Difference Between A Christian And A Disciple? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 6:35pm On Aug 07, 2016
freecocoa:
Olodo, a Christian is a follower of Christ and his teachings. Don't be talking nonsense here.

Why are you atheists always insulting me . Can't you just accept that someone is way smarter than you are . Now tell me , what's the difference between what I said and yours ?

If the meaning of 'subservient' is beyond your ken just tell me , it means obedience without questioning .

1 Like

Re: What Is The Difference Between A Christian And A Disciple? by myBoss(m): 10:36pm On Aug 07, 2016
A disciple is a responsible son, he bear the cross of his father, he's also a christian.
A christian per say is a baby who carries out no responsibility in his father's house. He is always at the recieving end. Eg 'sunday medicine', bench-warmers, etc. they hate being in departments in church and also hate God's work. They just want to come n recieve n go.
Re: What Is The Difference Between A Christian And A Disciple? by freecocoa(f): 11:08pm On Aug 07, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Why are you atheists always insulting me . Can't you just accept that someone is way smarter than you are . Now tell me , what's the difference between what I said and yours ?

If the meaning of 'subservient' is beyond your ken just tell me , it means obedience without questioning .
You get insulted cos you seriously deserve it. You are way smarter than I am yet don't know that Christianity is about jesus Christ and that disciples did worship him, nor do you know that even if I didn't know the meaning of a word used, I could easily look it up, so much for smartness, mugu.
Re: What Is The Difference Between A Christian And A Disciple? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 11:25pm On Aug 07, 2016
freecocoa:
You get insulted cos you seriously deserve it. You are way smarter than I am yet don't know that Christianity is about jesus Christ and that disciples did worship him, nor do you know that even if I didn't know the meaning of a word used, I could easily look it up, so much for smartness, mugu.

Please state bible verses that showed that Jesus' disciples worshiped him during his lifetime . We are all here to learn , insulting me will do you no good . You are a lady , act classy or at least pretend .
Re: What Is The Difference Between A Christian And A Disciple? by freecocoa(f): 11:42pm On Aug 07, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Please state bible verses that showed that Jesus' disciples worshiped him during his lifetime . We are all here to learn , insulting me will do you no good . You are a lady , act classy or at least pretend .
You know everything na so you are above learning, and if you tell me to not insult you again, amadioha will pay you a visit, you go about the forum calling atheists all sorts of names and just one small jab you are screaming blue murder.

Btw by now, you should have known that the usual "you are a lady" rubbish does not mean shyt to me and I got too much class, even you can't deny that, yeye dey smell.

My friend go read the book of Mathew 14,this is the last time I'll quote any bible chapter or whatever for you, nonsense boy. angry
Re: What Is The Difference Between A Christian And A Disciple? by rexben(m): 11:45pm On Aug 07, 2016
Haybeecoded:
The meaning of christian is christ like while deciple is servant sent for a perticular missson I fink that I have just make a point wink
disciples are students or followers. They believe and follow their teacher 's teachings
Re: What Is The Difference Between A Christian And A Disciple? by rexben(m): 11:46pm On Aug 07, 2016
femi4:
Shut up, Peter was the leader and Paul was the last to arrive. He was brought in by Barnabas.

Then Barnabas departed for Tarsus to seek Saul. And when he had found him, he brought him to Antioch. So it was that for a whole year they assembled with the church and taught a great many people. And the disciples were first called Christians in Antioch.

They taught not Paul taught

The likes of James, John , Barnabas were there teaching others about Christ.
You don't know your Bible at all
Re: What Is The Difference Between A Christian And A Disciple? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 11:59pm On Aug 07, 2016
freecocoa:
You know everything na so you are above learning, and if you tell me to not insult you again, amadioha will pay you a visit, you go about the forum calling atheists all sorts of names and just one small jab you are screaming blue murder.

Why art thou pained

Btw by now, you should have known that the usual "you are a lady" rubbish does not mean shyt to me

I never knew such . If I had known , I wouldn't have asked you to act classy

and I got too much class, even you can't deny that, yeye dey smell.

Insecurity . Very typical

My friend go read the book of Mathew 14,this is the last time I'll quote any bible chapter or whatever for you, nonsense boy. angry

You obviously googled that . Anyway I clearly said that I was not sure in my first post so I'm not sure why my anodyne contribution is being perceived as an offensive one .

KingEbukasBlog:
A disciple is usually subservient and adheres to the teachings of his master but does not worship his master . A Christian is subservient to God's commands , adheres to God's teachings and worships Him . So the difference is worship I think .
Re: What Is The Difference Between A Christian And A Disciple? by rexben(m): 12:17am On Aug 08, 2016
femi4:
You are the son of your father the devil looking for whom to devour. You couldn't even support any of your claims with Scriptures
I am not surprised you called me a son of the devil because Jesus said His disciples(which I am) will be called all sort of names since they called Him Beelzebub. Matt 10:24-25
Re: What Is The Difference Between A Christian And A Disciple? by freecocoa(f): 12:19am On Aug 08, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Why art thou pained

I never knew such . If I had known , I wouldn't have asked you to act classy

Insecurity . Very typical

You obviously googled that . Anyway I clearly said that I was not sure in my first post so I'm not sure why my anodyne contribution is being perceived as an offensive one .

I just hate your hypocrisy, your own too much abeg.

Of course I don't expect you to admit you do know and the day I become insecure about something as inconsequential as someone on the net, suggesting I have no class, is the day I kill myself, self confidence is one of my selling points sweery.

And what has googling or not got to do with anything? Bottom line is, jesus was worshipped by his disciples, you say I Googled it like you didn't have to learn the things you know through some means, you see why you are stup1d? Smh

Btw, you assumed I was offended, whereas all I did was correct you but who cares? Mu che che che grin

1 Like

Re: What Is The Difference Between A Christian And A Disciple? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 12:54am On Aug 08, 2016
freecocoa:
I just hate your hypocrisy, your own too much abeg.

Of course I don't expect you to admit you do know and the day I become insecure about something as inconsequential as someone on the net, suggesting I have no class, is the day I kill myself, self confidence is one of my selling points sweery.

And what has googling or not got to do with anything? Bottom line is, jesus was worshipped by his disciples, you say I Googled it like you didn't have to learn the things you know through some means, you see why you are stup1d? Smh

Btw, you assumed I was offended, whereas all I did was correct you but who cares? Mu che che che grin

Thanks for the correction . Have a good night rest . God bless you
Re: What Is The Difference Between A Christian And A Disciple? by freecocoa(f): 12:57am On Aug 08, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Thanks for the correction . Have a good night rest . God bless you
You are welcome, you have a good night too and your god can keep his blessings, I don't need it.
Re: What Is The Difference Between A Christian And A Disciple? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 1:02am On Aug 08, 2016
freecocoa:
You are welcome, you have a good night too and your god can keep his blessings, I don't need it.

You are still hurt
Re: What Is The Difference Between A Christian And A Disciple? by freecocoa(f): 1:05am On Aug 08, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

You are still hurt
Hurt from what exactly biko? Hia o.
Re: What Is The Difference Between A Christian And A Disciple? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 1:09am On Aug 08, 2016
freecocoa:
Hurt from what exactly biko? Hia o.

Never mind . But God bless you still
Re: What Is The Difference Between A Christian And A Disciple? by femi4: 1:15am On Aug 08, 2016
rexben:
You don't know your Bible at all
Olodo! Show me Paul teachings from the bolded
Re: What Is The Difference Between A Christian And A Disciple? by femi4: 1:17am On Aug 08, 2016
rexben:
I am not surprised you called me a son of the devil because Jesus said His disciples(which I am) will be called all sort of names since they called Him Beelzebub. Matt 10:24-25
Woe unto you and other false teachers

But false prophets also arose among the people, just as there will be false teachers among you, who will secretly bring in destructive opinions. They will even deny the Master who bought them—bringing swift destruction on themselves. 2 Even so, many will follow their licentious ways, and because of these teachers the way of truth will be maligned. 3 And in their greed they will exploit you with deceptive words. Their condemnation, pronounced against them long ago, has not been idle, and their destruction is not asleep.
Re: What Is The Difference Between A Christian And A Disciple? by freecocoa(f): 1:21am On Aug 08, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Never mind . But God bless you still
I hope you know it's not by force o, take the blessing, I dash you.
Re: What Is The Difference Between A Christian And A Disciple? by bolt000(m): 1:23am On Aug 08, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

You are still hurt
Lol, same old tactic.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Difference Between A Christian And A Disciple? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 1:27am On Aug 08, 2016
freecocoa:
I hope you know it's not by force o, take the blessing, I dash you.

I have lots , in abundance but I still want God to bless you . Say Amen and then I leave you in Peace

1 Like

Re: What Is The Difference Between A Christian And A Disciple? by freecocoa(f): 1:30am On Aug 08, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

I have lots , in abundance but I still want God to bless you . Say Amen and then I leave you in Peace
If you ever leave me, shame is your surname, obviously I'm not saying what you want me to.
Re: What Is The Difference Between A Christian And A Disciple? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 1:35am On Aug 08, 2016
freecocoa:
If you ever leave me, shame is your surname

Lol . What does this mean ?

obviously I'm not saying what you want me to.

Why won't you say 'Amen' ? Just four letters hun
Re: What Is The Difference Between A Christian And A Disciple? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 1:35am On Aug 08, 2016
bolt000:
Lol, same old tactic.

For doing what
Re: What Is The Difference Between A Christian And A Disciple? by bolt000(m): 1:42am On Aug 08, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

For doing what
Nvm, good night.
Re: What Is The Difference Between A Christian And A Disciple? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 1:44am On Aug 08, 2016
bolt000:
Nvm, good night.

Good night bro . God bless you
Re: What Is The Difference Between A Christian And A Disciple? by bolt000(m): 2:03am On Aug 08, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Good night bro . God bless you
Lol, Ok. undecided
Re: What Is The Difference Between A Christian And A Disciple? by kenny905(m): 7:15am On Aug 08, 2016
rexben:
They were called Christians after Paul taught(discipled) them for a year. Why were they not called Christians before the arrival of Paul? In Antioch, they saw Paul as a Christ(an anointed one) that was why they called his followers Christians.
Jesus is a Christ,the Christ of God. There are many other Christs in which Paul is one. So Jesus is not the only Christ, even Jesus said it. Matt 24:24
Oh I get it....You are on of those people that believe Mohammed got the kuran from God...I just wonder y the name of Jesus appear many times in the kuran than that of Mohammed....even he d Mohammed said I don't know where I'll end up Surah 46:9......and clearly u don't know the meaning of #Christ.....Stop listening to ur imams they will only brainwash u into becoming a suicide bomber
Re: What Is The Difference Between A Christian And A Disciple? by freecocoa(f): 7:36am On Aug 08, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Lol . What does this mean ?

Why won't you say 'Amen' ? Just four letters hun
It means I won't say those four letter words so quit asking me to and I won't say it cos I don't believe in it.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

I Am Not Blaspheming / The Daily Contradictions Of The Bible Thread. / Can God Reveal Your Spouse To You?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.