Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,070 members, 7,818,192 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:58 AM

Someone Is Tired Of Trying; What Do You Do When You Dont Know What To Do? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Someone Is Tired Of Trying; What Do You Do When You Dont Know What To Do? (403 Views)

i / Meeting A Lady You Dont Know In Life Twice In Your Dream Is A Sign Of What? / Preacher Begs For A Car, Tired Of Trekking (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Someone Is Tired Of Trying; What Do You Do When You Dont Know What To Do? by Joshemmy(m): 12:43am On Aug 07, 2016
Life is just a series of activities put together to occupy the human mind with needs, assignments, projects , desires, etc that must be achieved at a given time. Sometimes you need to figure out how to win in this game! You scheme, use methods, if possible use others, and try to win at all cost!
It doesn't matter who you are, and what position you occupy in life, there is always a challenge. There is always one thing you are eager to win....
But in life, you will agree with me that there are things you try all within your capacity to achieve, yet you still remain where you are! You do all the connections and the sacrifices, nothing happens! When you have tried all, what else do you do? You have consulted, taken counsel, had sleepless nights thinking and even with fasting and prayers, yet no headway!
THE PROBLEM
I think the problem is the active word "DO"
Many times we are only satisfied with our effort! We think that we live by what we can do!
Ecclesiastes 9:11 "I returned, and saw under the sun, that the race is not to the swift, nor the battle to the strong, neither yet bread to the wise, nor yet riches to men of understanding, nor yet favour to men of skill; but time and chance happeneth to them all"
There is a place of waiting when you have done what you are supposed to do. Nobody controls the world, only God. Patience becomes a virtue when you know how to apply it. The scripture admonishes us to wait in many instances especially when man's effort will become an affront to God's will and purpose.
Psalms 27:14 Wait on the LORD: be of good courage, and he shall strengthen thine heart: wait, I say, on the LORD.
Psalms 62:5 My soul, wait thou only upon God; for my expectation is from him. 62:6 He only is my rock and my salvation: he is my defence; I shall not be moved.
Lamentations 3:24 The LORD is my portion, saith my soul; therefore will I hope in him. 3:25 The LORD is good unto them that wait for him, to the soul that seeketh him. 3:26 It is good that a man should both hope and quietly wait for the salvation of the LORDW
Isaiah 40:31 But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.
When you have tried all human effort, there is need for you to WAIT! Yes it is very difficult to wait when the challenge is facing you and shame is looming and time is not helping. This is when your patience becomes faith! Remember Father Abraham about to kill his only son! He raised his hand up then!... The voice stopping him and providing alternative. Gen.22:10. God can never be too late.

HOPE - Hope does not disappoint. Romans 5:5 NLT
And this hope will not lead to disappointment. For we know how dearly God loves us, because he has given us the Holy Spirit to fill our hearts with his love.
Hope is a higher display of faith. Hope is a confident expectation, an assurance of your expectation. Having done all you know is humanly possible according to your understanding of the will of God concerning the situation, just begin to expect with joy! It looks foolish when there is no sign at all but this is when you let God. You don't need to know how God will do it! You will need to TRUST God! You trust Him because He is God! You trust Him because He cannot lie! You trust Him because He is Almighty!
Psalms 9:10 And they that know thy name will put their trust in thee: for thou, LORD, hast not forsaken them that seek thee.
Isaiah 26:3 Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee: because he trusteth in thee. 26:4 Trust ye in the LORD for ever: for in the LORD JEHOVAH is everlasting strength:
DYING TO SELF
The next thing you consider doing when you don't know what to do is to consciously reckon yourself dead! Just decide to die to the situation. While you have handed it over to God and its like God didn't say anything, and you are waiting, just die to that situation.
A dead man does not feel, a dead man does not imagine the looming catastrophe should God refuse to answer! If you keep yourself alive, you either begin to have high blood pressure or you find yourself finding a way to help God actualize your prayers - a situation God hates with a passion. He killed Uzzah for trying to help Him in 2Sam.6:6. Let God alone handle your case the way He seems pleased, I guarantee you will never be put to shame!
1 Corinthians 15:31 I protest by your rejoicing which I have in Christ Jesus our LORD, I die daily.
2 Corinthians 4:11 For we which live are alway delivered unto death for Jesus' sake, that the life also of Jesus might be made manifest in our mortal flesh.
PRAISE
The scripture says God inhabits the praise of His people! The quickest way to get God's attention is by praise! When prayer and fasting fails, when going from one mountain to the other fails, when prophets and all the sacrifices and offerings fail, try praise! Praise never fails, stop finding how it will happen, just praise Him! They were on their way to fight, but they knew they had no power or weapons like their enemies, they started praising! The battle was won before they even started. God likes people trusting Him to this level and He does always show Himself...!
Psalms 50:22 Now consider this, ye that forget God, lest I tear you in pieces, and there be none to deliver. 50:23 Whoso offereth praise glorifieth me: and to him that ordereth his conversation aright will I shew the salvation of God.
DO NOTHING
After you have praised Him and you are satisfied, the next thing you should do is do nothing! Remember the question is, what do you do when you are tired and you don't know what to do; the answer is, Do Absolutely Nothing! God will do something and guess what, He knows exactly what to do that you no nothing about. His ways are in the whirlwind! Isaiah 55:8 For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD. 55:9 For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts.
Re: Someone Is Tired Of Trying; What Do You Do When You Dont Know What To Do? by Joshemmy(m): 8:00am On Aug 07, 2016
Happy new week people
Re: Someone Is Tired Of Trying; What Do You Do When You Dont Know What To Do? by Nobody: 9:34am On Aug 07, 2016
Or, you could just commit suicide
Re: Someone Is Tired Of Trying; What Do You Do When You Dont Know What To Do? by Nobody: 9:38am On Aug 07, 2016
just google rapidspell.com apply to be a member...ur problems are solved. Completely.

(1) (Reply)

State Of The Nation: Fr Mbaka Absolves Buhari, Blames Jonathan / Our Daily Manna For Today 16/8/16 / South African Archbishop Desmond Tutu Hospitalized For Infection

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.