Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,732 members, 7,820,536 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:37 PM

5 Biblical Reasons Why Hell Might Not Exist - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 5 Biblical Reasons Why Hell Might Not Exist (39618 Views)

Why Hell Fire Does Not Exist / "Hell Does Not Exist" - Pope Francis / 75 Biblical Reasons Why You Should Not Drink Alcohol (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5 Biblical Reasons Why Hell Might Not Exist by oglalasioux(m): 4:15pm On Aug 07, 2016
Just because a talking snake compelled a woman to eat an apple. What a laugh
Re: 5 Biblical Reasons Why Hell Might Not Exist by happney65: 4:18pm On Aug 07, 2016
Sunnycliff:
Hell Fire is Real! Enough of these deceptions!
Its better I believe there is hell and die to discover there is none than disagree that there in none and die to discover that there is!

Deuteronomy 32:22 For a fire is kindled in mine anger, and shall burn unto the lowest hell, and shall consume the earth with her increase, and set on fire the foundations of the mountains.
Matthew 18:9 And if thine eye offend thee, pluck it out, and cast it from thee: it is better for thee to enter into life with one eye, rather than having two eyes to be cast into hell fire.

Mark 9:43 And if thy hand offend thee, cut it off: it is better for thee to enter into life maimed, than having two hands to go into hell, into the fire that never shall be quenched: Mark 9:45 And if thy foot offend thee, cut it off: it is better for thee to enter halt into life, than having two feet to be cast into hell, into the fire that never shall be quenched: Mark 9:47 And if thine eye offend thee, pluck it out: it is better for thee to enter into the kingdom of God with one eye, than having two eyes to be cast into hell fire: James 3:6 And the tongue is a fire, a world of iniquity: so is the tongue among our members, that it defileth the whole body, and setteth on fire the course of nature; and it is set on fire of hell.

Revelation 20:14 And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.

Let me ask you one question,Would you send your son or daughter to Hell?Answer me please

2 Likes

Re: 5 Biblical Reasons Why Hell Might Not Exist by IamJeff(m): 4:18pm On Aug 07, 2016
"Hell" is and english word and it is different from "HELL FIRE" and read the whole bible from genesis to revelation the is nothing like "HELL FIRE" even people do say "GO TO HELL" does that mean "GO TO HELL FIRE?
Re: 5 Biblical Reasons Why Hell Might Not Exist by JerryQ: 4:20pm On Aug 07, 2016
i can actually explain all of your points to you so you see scriptures in the right perspective. However, i will only do so with one cos a word they say is enough for the wise.
Luke 16:20  And there was a certain beggar named Lazarus, which was laid at his gate, full of sores. This is not a parable it is a true life story. In all of the parables Jesus told, tell me one He mentioned the name of a character like in this case Lazarus. Moreover did Jesus lie when He said 'There was'? i don't want to even go into using scriptures at this time cos life itself teaches those that are willing to learn. We have black or white, white or black, day or night, male or female, night or darkness, God or satan, heaven or .........? what is the opposite except you don't believe there is heaven either. Anyway, i am glad as i see the word 'might' in your topic meaning you still have a chance to allow the Holy Spirit speak to you. For those who call Hell a 'scam' i employ you to read the Gospels again cos you are indirectly calling Jesus who preached about Hell a Scam.

1 Like

Re: 5 Biblical Reasons Why Hell Might Not Exist by Alfred234(m): 4:22pm On Aug 07, 2016
what is a hell
Re: 5 Biblical Reasons Why Hell Might Not Exist by otr1(m): 4:23pm On Aug 07, 2016
For God so love the World, that He gave His only Begotten Son, that whosoever believes in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

This is one of the most popular Bible verses, but many do not know the interpretation; If you don't believe in Jesus Christ, you shall "PERISH"; believe in Him and have everlasting life

Please check what perishing means.
How people would believe a merciful God would throw people into fire to burn forever baffles me.
Don't get me wrong, sinners will burn in fire, but not forever. It will simply destroy them

3 Likes

Re: 5 Biblical Reasons Why Hell Might Not Exist by cgei: 4:23pm On Aug 07, 2016
when the Israelites were burning their children to gods. Jehovah said he has never thought of something like that .lake of fire means everlasting destruction. hell is grave. every one will die and go there. the wicked will be cut off or destroyed, if they are in fire burning, then they are still alive . Satan been deceiving people since ---. hades is thrown into the lake of fire that is no more death or hades. please do research to know how hellfire came about. wages sin pay is death. u die and return to dust as God says. if you do good on the resurrection you will return back to life.

4 Likes

Re: 5 Biblical Reasons Why Hell Might Not Exist by JerryQ: 4:24pm On Aug 07, 2016
IamJeff:

"Hell" is and english word and it is different from "HELL FIRE" and read the whole bible from genesis to revelation the is nothing like "HELL FIRE" even people do say "GO TO HELL" does that mean "GO TO HELL FIRE?

Matthew 5:22  But I say unto you, That whosoever is angry with his brother without a cause shall be in danger of the judgment: and whosoever shall say to his brother, Raca, shall be in danger of the council: but whosoever shall say, Thou fool, shall be in danger of hell fire.
Mark 9:47  And if thine eye offend thee, pluck it out: it is better for thee to enter into the kingdom of God with one eye, than having two eyes to be cast into hell fire:

1 Like

Re: 5 Biblical Reasons Why Hell Might Not Exist by cgei: 4:25pm On Aug 07, 2016
JerryQ:
i can actually explain all of your points to you so you see scriptures in the right perspective. However, i will only do so with one cos a word they say is enough for the wise.
Luke 16:20  And there was a certain beggar named Lazarus, which was laid at his gate, full of sores. This is not a parable it is a true life story. In all of the parables Jesus told, tell me one He mentioned the name of a character like in this case Lazarus. Moreover did Jesus lie when He said 'There was'? i don't want to even go into using scriptures at this time cos life itself teaches those that are willing to learn. We have black or white, white or black, day or night, male or female, night or darkness, God or satan, heaven or .........? what is the opposite except you don't believe there is heaven either. Anyway, i am glad as i see the word 'might' in your topic meaning you still have a chance to allow the Holy Spirit speak to you. For those who call Hell a 'scam' i employ you to read the Gospels again cos you are indirectly calling Jesus who preached about Hell a Scam.

1 Like

Re: 5 Biblical Reasons Why Hell Might Not Exist by DenisRock(m): 4:25pm On Aug 07, 2016
gigabyte13:
Another antichrist trying to justify, reasons to live a reckless life. Antichrist, anywhere you turn to.

The other day, one idiot told me devil is a female, l ask him where is the husband, he left me and ran away.
So there are more than one antichrists?
And the devil being female means she must have a husband?
So since the devil is male where is his wife?

1 Like

Re: 5 Biblical Reasons Why Hell Might Not Exist by JerryQ: 4:32pm On Aug 07, 2016
cgei:

heaven or earth . confused fellow

Thanks for the abuse. Anyway humans stay on earth and spirits stay in heaven so these are not opposite.

Psalms 115:16  The heaven, even the heavens, are the LORD'S: but the earth hath he given to the children of men.

1 Like

Re: 5 Biblical Reasons Why Hell Might Not Exist by umbo: 4:34pm On Aug 07, 2016
Hmm

1 Like

Re: 5 Biblical Reasons Why Hell Might Not Exist by Phranex(m): 4:38pm On Aug 07, 2016
themosthigh:
[b] I Know that hell exists but i have chosen to give my life to.lucifer the infernal lord of darkness. I have chosen my side on the apocalyptic battle that will take place at meggido....i choose to fight in the armies of lucifer against the troops of jehovah..i plan to capture christ on that day and throw him into the bottomless pit of hell,that same pit where with smilling and pitiful face he created and fuel for human whom he said he loves....i will return back the love after we defeat and capture him. Then we will mount an assualt on heaven, defeat his father and take over the throne of the almighty. We almost did it before and went away with lots of his power and the fallen angels lead by the holy lucifer have been planning ever since to take back the throne of heaven and thks time around we will and then we will show no mercy. I hope to be given the territory of africa to manage after this and i will turn it to look as great as europe and america.....africa will never be great untill we submit ourselves to lucifer and forget about the damned jehovah just like they have done in europe and america.
Lucifer be praised...christ be cursed

[/b]

Two sets of people who know the truth about the mystery of life are the Christians and the satanists... Others wallow in ignorance... Atheist are the dumbest set, they think they are smart but they are foolish...

Bro, I may not be a christian but I know one thing to be true... Jesus is the only way to eternity in bliss... He defeated Satan before, he would again.

Life is spiritual.. Atheist be on your guard

6 Likes

Re: 5 Biblical Reasons Why Hell Might Not Exist by Rapture4real(m): 4:40pm On Aug 07, 2016
herzern:
undecided

THRASH

Don't mind him. Self deception for self consolation. Study Revelation very well you will know he'll is real. Revelation 20:11-15.Hell is real. Repent to escape it
Re: 5 Biblical Reasons Why Hell Might Not Exist by Ayebatonye(f): 4:41pm On Aug 07, 2016
Pls, don't be misinformed. Hell is different from Lake of Fire. If u read the book of Luke 16:14-31. It is the story of the rich man and Lazarus. Hell is just like a cell where people who didn't accept Jesus as their Lord and Saviour are presently. Hell is a holding cell. People are in Hell presently. They will be there till Judgment is passed. After that, both Hell and Death will be thrown into the Lake of Fire. Revelation 20:14.
Hell exist and Lake of Fire exist. Let no man deceive u Men and Brethren.
Re: 5 Biblical Reasons Why Hell Might Not Exist by Ayebatonye(f): 4:44pm On Aug 07, 2016
Pls, don't be misinformed. Hell is different from Lake of Fire. If u read the book of Luke 16:14-31. It is the story of the rich man and Lazarus. Hell is just like a cell where people who didn't accept Jesus as their Lord and Saviour are presently. Any man that wasn't a believer on earth and the person dies, that's where he/she goes to. Hell is a/an holding cell. They will be there till Judgment is passed. After that, both Hell and Death will be thrown into the Lake of Fire. Revelation 20:14.
Hell exist and Lake of Fire exist. Let no man deceive u.
Re: 5 Biblical Reasons Why Hell Might Not Exist by cgei: 4:44pm On Aug 07, 2016
JerryQ:

Thanks for the abuse. Anyway humans stay on earth and spirits stay in heaven so these are not opposite.

Psalms 115:16  The heaven, even the heavens, are the LORD'S: but the earth hath he given to the children of men.

I apologize. so sorry didn't mean to
Re: 5 Biblical Reasons Why Hell Might Not Exist by Nobody: 4:44pm On Aug 07, 2016
OK. why are people scared of hell? that's where all the fun is. right?

1 Like

Re: 5 Biblical Reasons Why Hell Might Not Exist by Playwhizard(m): 4:46pm On Aug 07, 2016
check here...d op is drunk....he copied and pasted it www.nairaland.com/2655325/10-biblical-reasons-why-hell
Re: 5 Biblical Reasons Why Hell Might Not Exist by kevoh(m): 4:51pm On Aug 07, 2016
Hell fire: A place where a loving Father/Mother intentionally and eternally roasts his children for offences that the Father/Mother already knows the children will commit. Only psycopaths can do this!

1 Like

Re: 5 Biblical Reasons Why Hell Might Not Exist by Strawman: 4:53pm On Aug 07, 2016
Lmao! See how hemartins, sunnycliff and amhackdee just slapped the OP with facts. cheesy

4 Likes

Re: 5 Biblical Reasons Why Hell Might Not Exist by JerryQ: 4:55pm On Aug 07, 2016
Op, you said you are not a JW, i wonder where you fellowship though. From the topic, i saw it will attract many JWs and yes it did. One thing i like about JWs is that most of them are morally astute but the number one thing i don't like about them is that they deny the person of the Holy Spirit. And only the Holy Spirit can interpret the scriptures to you correctly . This therefore means all of your other doctrinal interpretation since they are not Holy Spirit inspired stand a chance of being incorrect. My counsel to JW members, First settle the issue of the Holy Spirit then light can flow into you from the scriptures on other aspects. At least ask Jehovah to explain to you what happened to the early disciples in Acts 2.

John 16:13  Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.

John 15:26  ¶But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father, even the Spirit of truth, which proceedeth from the Father, he shall testify of me:

1 Like

Re: 5 Biblical Reasons Why Hell Might Not Exist by dorox(m): 5:02pm On Aug 07, 2016
wexyee:
Hehehe die first ur eye go clear

How you take know, abi you don die before?
Re: 5 Biblical Reasons Why Hell Might Not Exist by OlivetBen(m): 5:05pm On Aug 07, 2016
hemartins:
Does Hell Exist - What did Jesus say?
Some who argue that hell does not exist do so on the basis of their belief that Jesus taught love, peace, and forgiveness - and that He did not teach about an eternal place of fiery punishment for non-believers. However, the exact opposite is true. Jesus taught more about hell than anyone else in the Word of God. Jesus described hell as a place of eternal fire, (Matthew 25:41) eternal punishment (Matthew 25:46), and as a place of torment, fire, and agony (Luke 16:23-24). Jesus taught specifically about hell many times in His ministry (Matthew 5:22, 29-30; 10:28; 18:9; 23:15, 33 Mark 9:43-47; Luke 12:6; 16:23).
Nice one! The truth is if you close your eyes while your house is on fire,it won't stop it from burning down. For the fact that they refuse to believe in hell fire doesn't make it false. My prayer for them is that God should reveal more of eternity to them in Jesus name.

2 Likes

Re: 5 Biblical Reasons Why Hell Might Not Exist by femarse: 5:08pm On Aug 07, 2016
two things on a final note consider yourself an alien from another planet resend into the city of Abuja at night when everyone is asleep u see big house with light inside them u see tar road left and right Street light here and there cars moving past you and in your stupidity u said to yourself these things form as a result of geological factors ur dumb mind couldn't fathom the fact that man is a living things who has created all this structure you are seeing there u think it's cause by rain and weather the same way u are on this earth u couldn't fathom the fact that something somewhere put you here not by accident but by a well thought plan just like man put cars on the road and plane in the air it's not accident it's a well thought plan

secondly in your life so far so good have you seen a wicked act go Scot free entirely without some form of punishment somehow if not then it means there is good and bad control by some forces your dumb mind can't yet fathom

on a final note
Its better I believe there is hell and die to discover there is none than disagree that there is none and die to discover that there is!

For what does it profit a man to gain the whole world that your body so much eager to have and to lose his soul ?
Re: 5 Biblical Reasons Why Hell Might Not Exist by shumuel(m): 5:11pm On Aug 07, 2016
rummeh:
Many Christians today believe in a place of eternal torment where sinners are sent after death, commonly referred to as Hell in English. This belief is extremely mainstream and forms part of the basic perception of the religion in popular culture.
Am not a Jehova Witness tho but i want you to enjoy reading this.

You gave Five reason why you believe it doesn't exist but i will give you one simple reason, to counter the epistle you wrote.

The Sun cool

Just as simple as that, no long talks, no Bible backings, just something simple that i know you can see right now, everyday grin

but... As i usually say, i wasn't there when Jesus Christ came neither have i seen God to ask nor am i wise, so what do i know cheesy
Re: 5 Biblical Reasons Why Hell Might Not Exist by OlivetBen(m): 5:12pm On Aug 07, 2016
JerryQ:
Op, you said you are not a JW, i wonder where you fellowship though. From the topic, i saw it will attract many JWs and yes it did. One thing i like about JWs is that most of them are morally astute but the number one thing i don't like about them is that they deny the person of the Holy Spirit. And only the Holy Spirit can interpret the scriptures to you correctly . This therefore means all of your other doctrinal interpretation since they are not Holy Spirit inspired stand a chance of being incorrect. My counsel to JW members, First settle the issue of the Holy Spirit then light can flow into you from the scriptures on other aspects. At least ask Jehovah to explain to you what happened to the early disciples in Acts 2.

John 16:13  Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.

John 15:26  ¶But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father, even the Spirit of truth, which proceedeth from the Father, he shall testify of me:
You've spoken well dear
Re: 5 Biblical Reasons Why Hell Might Not Exist by amhackdee(m): 5:17pm On Aug 07, 2016
Strawman:
Lmao! See how hemartins, sunnycliff and amhackdee just slapped the OP with facts. cheesy
abi nah, the fact must be told

2 Likes

Re: 5 Biblical Reasons Why Hell Might Not Exist by JerryQ: 5:18pm On Aug 07, 2016
cgei:

I apologize. so sorry didn't mean to

You are welcome. No offense taken.
Re: 5 Biblical Reasons Why Hell Might Not Exist by JerryQ: 5:19pm On Aug 07, 2016
OlivetBen:

You've spoken well dear

Thanks.
Re: 5 Biblical Reasons Why Hell Might Not Exist by amkaro(f): 5:19pm On Aug 07, 2016
It's so funny how many of u so called Christians only stay away from sin only because of the fear of hell fire and not out of love for God and to do his will.
SMH.
Re: 5 Biblical Reasons Why Hell Might Not Exist by shumuel(m): 5:20pm On Aug 07, 2016
happney65:

Let me ask you one question,Would you send your son or daughter to Hell?Answer me please

Let me laugh first before asking you my question, kikiki Lol grin

now my qeustion:

Would you call a child who disobey your commandments, shame you and your sur/name, who does evil and gets into trouble all the time, don't believe you exist, your son or daughter ?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Pope Francis Arrives Baghdad, Iraq, In Historic Papal Visit To The Region (pics) / Reverend Impregnates Seven Church Members, Two Married Women - Punch / Reasons Why I Know Obama Is Not A Christian

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.