Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,526 members, 7,819,894 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:49 AM

5 Biblical Reasons Why Hell Might Not Exist - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 5 Biblical Reasons Why Hell Might Not Exist (39614 Views)

Why Hell Fire Does Not Exist / "Hell Does Not Exist" - Pope Francis / 75 Biblical Reasons Why You Should Not Drink Alcohol (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5 Biblical Reasons Why Hell Might Not Exist by Odgfidelity(m): 5:27pm On Aug 07, 2016
I AM ONLY SORRY FOR THE NAIVE PEOPLE WHOM YOU SEEK TO MISLEAD WITH YOUR UNVERIFIED INFORMATION, BUT I TELL YOU IT WILL BE MISERABLE TO FIND OUT AFTER DEATH THAT THERE IS A REAL HELL!

1 Like

Re: 5 Biblical Reasons Why Hell Might Not Exist by Felvet(f): 5:28pm On Aug 07, 2016
Hell is a place of the dead, when someone dies, he/she goes to hell regardless of what you are. This is why Jesus died and went to hell, He conquered the power of hell because He was of no blamish, after 3days He ascended to heaven. So, whether you died a sinner, or a saint, you must go to hell. If you call it grave, you may be right but, it is best called a place of the dead. Then, Hell fire is a department inside hell. It is a place of temporary tourment. While Lake of fire is a place of everlasting tourment. It simply means that when a sinner dies, he goes to hell, from hell to hell fire where he stays till the resurection day. Likewise a saint, he goes to hell, from hell to a place of rest which is another department, till the resurection day. Let me conclude by saying that there is a fire in hell as well as a place of rest. In Igbo language, hell means - ala muo, while hell fire means - oku ala muo. But the truth is, 'Hell fire is real.

3 Likes

Re: 5 Biblical Reasons Why Hell Might Not Exist by happney65: 5:30pm On Aug 07, 2016
shumuel:

Let me laugh first before asking you my question, kikiki Lol grin

now my qeustion:

Would you call a child who disobey your commandments, shame you and your sur/name, who does evil and gets into trouble all the time, don't believe you exist, your son or daughter ?

And if my son or daughter does bad,nor does not believe i exist..The best thing to do is Kill him or her?I shake my head..Your so-call god gives you the a body that can sin yet he sends you to fire for the same thing he has given you?Does that makes sense at all.Can you take out some time to reason well please?Just sit down and reason for once..Thank You

1 Like

Re: 5 Biblical Reasons Why Hell Might Not Exist by tete7000(m): 5:32pm On Aug 07, 2016
rummeh:

4. Even The Church Fathers Couldn’t Agree On Hell

Since many hold the early church fathers as the authority on matters of faith and doctrine, many would find it surprising that even they couldn’t agree if Hell existed and, if so, what it actually was. Justin Martyr, Clement of Alexandria, Tertullian, and Cyprian were among those that held that Hell was a literal place of fiery torment. Origen and Gregory of Nyssa disagreed, countering that Hell was simply separation from God.
In modern times, many Christian denominations have moved away from Saint Augustine’s conception of Hell as a physical place beneath the Earth. Even the venerable Catholic Church has apparently decided to go with the flow, with the Catechism of the Catholic Church, approved by Pope John Paul II in 1992, declaring that Hell is simply a state of “definitive self-exclusion from communion with God and the blessed.”
N

http://www.newsdoggen.org/2016/08/7-biblical-reasons-why-hell-might-not.html

Stop dabbling into what you don't understand. You said church said hell is exclusion from God and then you claimed that interprets to hell not existing. How can something defined as exclusion not exist? If you are catholic why not approach your priest for an explanation and stop confusing yourself and others?

What church teaches you is that God is the source of all things good. Jesus put it succinctly when he said 'I am the vine you are the branches, cut off from me you can do nothing'. God is love, he is joy, he is happiness and the book of James said he is the source of everything good. Satan is the opposite, he is intrinsically evil and not capable of thinking, contemplating or doing anything good. To be left in his presence eternally and be cut off from God is to be in a state of permanent pain and sorrow. What the church tries to bring home to you is that hell pain is not derived from the fire but from the exclusion from God. Afterall Madrach and his two other colleagues were throne into fire but with Jesus in fire with them, they were not hurt.
Revelation made you understand that at the end sun and moon will fall off and heaven will be lighted by the glory of God for God is light. A transfigured Jesus shone like the sun if you remember. In hell there will be no moon, no sun and no God, thus you have a perpetual darkness. That is why Jesus called it a place of utter darkness.
Please stop attributing to church what church doesn't teach. I teach catechism and I am very conversant with the teachings and catechism of the Catholic Church. If you need help, consult four priest in case you are a catholic. I am not sure you are though.

Thank you
Re: 5 Biblical Reasons Why Hell Might Not Exist by Crixina(f): 5:33pm On Aug 07, 2016
AlphaCentauri:
hell exists. its called ' nigeria '
reminds me of an interview a woman said "if this isn't hell, I wonder what is" she was referring to the world. grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 5 Biblical Reasons Why Hell Might Not Exist by HIPROFILE(m): 5:33pm On Aug 07, 2016
I rather believe than disagree there's no hell and die to discover there's one......simple!

1 Like

Re: 5 Biblical Reasons Why Hell Might Not Exist by Kelly32: 5:33pm On Aug 07, 2016
san316:
That is why the Quran was sent to make it clear. Hell was mentioned in unambiguous terms.

Hmmmm interesting. I wonder who will go to the Koran Hell if all the suicide bombers and the terrorists will make it to heaven due to their involvement in Jihad.
Re: 5 Biblical Reasons Why Hell Might Not Exist by lepasharon(f): 5:36pm On Aug 07, 2016
kevoh:
Hell fire: A place where a loving Father/Mother intentionally and eternally roasts his children for offences that the Father/Mother already knows the children will commit. Only psycopaths can do this!

U are going to hell for this comment
Re: 5 Biblical Reasons Why Hell Might Not Exist by JerryQ: 5:37pm On Aug 07, 2016
amkaro:
It's so funny how many of u so called Christians only stay away from sin only because of the fear of hell fire and not out of love for God and to do his will.
SMH.

i am a Maths teacher, depending on the particularity of my student i decide how to reveal mathematics per time . i can start from graphs, algebra, equations etc. My major goal is to see that they understand maths and all this years i can say it works. Now, God is manifold. it means He has many folds/sides hence His numerous names depicting His various attributes. He can decide to reveal himself to one as a Judge to another as a father to another as a love to another as merciful. His major concern is that they understand/know Him. So people do repent from the fear of going to hell and its ok (2 Corinthians 5:11  Knowing therefore the terror of the Lord, we persuade men). Don't forget that these are still the rudiments / kindergarten in Christianity
(Hebrews 6:1  Therefore leaving the principles of the doctrine of Christ, let us go on unto perfection; not laying again the foundation of repentance from dead works, and of faith toward God, Of the doctrine of baptisms, and of laying on of hands, and of resurrection of the dead, and of eternal judgment. ) no matter what attracted your to God, lets grow into perfection.
Re: 5 Biblical Reasons Why Hell Might Not Exist by GloriaNinja(f): 5:39pm On Aug 07, 2016
Hell exists for sure, the worst part is to die in a sin.
Re: 5 Biblical Reasons Why Hell Might Not Exist by damianelfab: 5:40pm On Aug 07, 2016
Nice piece but the bottom notes below the hell image should be in bold esp d HELL is REAL part. because am convinced 98%of poeple reading this topic thinks u saying hell is not real.
Re: 5 Biblical Reasons Why Hell Might Not Exist by richardmba(m): 5:41pm On Aug 07, 2016
shumuel:

Let me laugh first before asking you my question, kikiki Lol grin

now my qeustion:

Would you call a child who disobey your commandments, shame you and your sur/name, who does evil and gets into trouble all the time, don't believe you exist, your son or daughter ?
YES,cos He's ur offspring and no matter wot happens,remains ur son...Now my own question.
Why did he bring you to the world in the first place?.Religion has done more harm than good to us.If we preach about being a humanist,the world will be a better place.

1 Like

Re: 5 Biblical Reasons Why Hell Might Not Exist by Nobody: 5:42pm On Aug 07, 2016
hemartins:
Really

It is very interesting to discover that there are more Bible verses about Hell than there are about Heaven. Here are a few verses in the Old Testament about Hell. Daniel 12:2 proclaims, "Multitudes who sleep in the dust of the earth will awake: some to everlasting life, others to shame and everlasting contempt." Hell is described here as everlasting. Isaiah 66:24 declares, "And they will go out and look upon the dead bodies of those who rebelled against me; their worm will not die, nor will their fire be quenched, and they will be loathsome to all mankind." In this Scripture, hell is described as a place where the fire is not quenched. Deuteronomy 32:22 portrays hell as a place where God pours out His wrath, "For a fire is kindled in My anger, and shall burn to the lowest hell; It shall consume the earth with her increase, and set on fire the foundations of the mountains." Psalm 55:15 illustrates hell as a realm of the wicked, "Let death seize them; Let them go down alive into hell, for wickedness is in their dwellings and among them."

Hell Is Real
I too know dey worry OP.........period!
Re: 5 Biblical Reasons Why Hell Might Not Exist by kevoh(m): 5:46pm On Aug 07, 2016
lepasharon:

U are going to hell for this comment
tongue I know but before then I will die knowing I lived a fulfilled life and not believing I have a psycopath as a creator. My own loving papa. on earth don do me.

1 Like

Re: 5 Biblical Reasons Why Hell Might Not Exist by JerryQ: 5:48pm On Aug 07, 2016
Felvet:
Hell is a place of the dead, when someone dies, he/she goes to hell regardless of what you are. This is why Jesus died and went to hell, He conquered the power of hell because He was of no blamish, after 3days He ascended to heaven. So, whether you died a sinner, or a saint, you must go to hell. If you call it grave, you may be right but, it is best called a place of the dead. Then, Hell fire is a department inside hell. It is a place of temporary tourment. While Lake of fire is a place of everlasting tourment. It simply means that when a sinner dies, he goes to hell, from hell to hell fire where he stays till the resurection day. Likewise a saint, he goes to hell, from hell to a place of rest which is another department, till the resurection day. Let me conclude by saying that there is a fire in hell as well as a place of rest. In Igbo language, hell means - ala muo, while hell fire means - oku ala muo. But the truth is, 'Hell fire is real.

Sist, Saints don't go to hell. See what saint Paul said concerning His Death. 2 Corinthians 5:8  We are confident, I say, and willing rather to be absent from the body, and to be present with the Lord.
So since He is present with the Lord Jesus, Where is the Lord Jesus?

i can actually explain what you are missing if you allow me.
Re: 5 Biblical Reasons Why Hell Might Not Exist by damianelfab: 5:50pm On Aug 07, 2016
femarse:
two things on a final note consider yourself an alien from another planet resend into the city of Abuja at night when everyone is asleep u see big house with light inside them u see tar road left and right Street light here and there cars moving past you and in your stupidity u said to yourself these things form as a result of geological factors ur dumb mind couldn't fathom the fact that man is a living things who has created all this structure you are seeing there u think it's cause by rain and weather the same way u are on this earth u couldn't fathom the fact that something somewhere put you here not by accident but by a well thought plan just like man put cars on the road and plane in the air it's not accident it's a well thought plan
secondly in your life so far so good have you seen a wicked act go Scot free entirely without some form of punishment somehow if not then it means there is good and bad control by some forces your dumb mind can't yet fathom
on a final note
Its better I believe there is hell and die to discover there is none than disagree that there is none and die to discover that there is!
For what does it profit a man to gain the whole world that your body so much eager to have and to lose his soul ?
I concour!!!
Re: 5 Biblical Reasons Why Hell Might Not Exist by lepasharon(f): 5:50pm On Aug 07, 2016
kevoh:

tongue I know but before then I will die knowing I lived a fulfilled life and not believing I have a psycopath as a creator. My own loving papa. on earth don do me.

Imagine the blasphemy
Re: 5 Biblical Reasons Why Hell Might Not Exist by shumuel(m): 5:52pm On Aug 07, 2016
richardmba:

YES,cos He's ur offspring and no matter wot happens,remains ur son

Stop lying, you'll disown such a child ...

Now my own question.
Why did he bring you to the world in the first place?

Lol grin to see if my sorry a55 would pass the test, the same test Jesus Christ, Elijah and Enoch, probably Even Moses, passed grin wink

Religion has done more harm than good to us. If we preach about being a humanist,the world will be a better place.

You speak sense there, am Okay with that smiley cheesy
Re: 5 Biblical Reasons Why Hell Might Not Exist by goody1shoe73(m): 5:54pm On Aug 07, 2016
hemartins:
What does the New Testament say?
Does Hell Exist? If the clear teaching of the Old Testament is not enough, the New Testament has much to say as well. 2 Thessalonians 1:9 tells us, "These shall be punished with everlasting destruction from the presence of the Lord and from the glory of His power." Revelation 14:10-11, speaking of the antichrist, teaches us, "He shall be tormented with fire and brimstone in the presence of the holy angels and in the presence of the Lamb. And the smoke of their torment ascends forever and ever; and they have no rest day or night, who worship the beast and his image, and whoever receives the mark of his name." Hell is a lake of burning fire, as described in Revelation 20:14-15, "Then Death and Hades were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death. And anyone not found written in the Book of Life was cast into the lake of fire."
The scripture u quoted made the point clear: " this means the second death, the lake of fire". Yes, it is a symbol of the second death, everlasting destruction. Anyone who falls victim to the second death has no hope for life. Notice also it said that.. "then death and Hades were cast into the lake of fire.. ". Ofcuz, u and I know that death and Hades aren't living things. They can't feel torment. It simply means death and Hades (which is the common grave of mankind ) will be no more. (Isaiah 25: 8 ). The wages sin pays is death!
Re: 5 Biblical Reasons Why Hell Might Not Exist by JerryQ: 5:56pm On Aug 07, 2016
richardmba:

YES,cos He's ur offspring and no matter wot happens,remains ur son...Now my own question.
Why did he bring you to the world in the first place?.Religion has done more harm than good to us.If we preach about being a humanist,the world will be a better place.

This is why you are created:
Revelation 4:11  Thou art worthy, O Lord, to receive glory and honour and power: for thou hast created all things, and for thy pleasure they are and were created.

We are created to please God. All of our lives should be pleasing to God.
1 John 3:22  And whatsoever we ask, we receive of him, because we keep his commandments, and do those things that are pleasing in his sight.

Colossians 1:10  That ye might walk worthy of the Lord unto all pleasing, being fruitful in every good work, and increasing in the knowledge of God;
Colossians 3:20  Children, obey your parents in all things: for this is well pleasing unto the Lord.

get this right and you don't need to worry about Hell.

1 Like

Re: 5 Biblical Reasons Why Hell Might Not Exist by lailo: 5:57pm On Aug 07, 2016
Greek and Latin have been causing confusion since time immemorial.
Re: 5 Biblical Reasons Why Hell Might Not Exist by Oahray: 6:04pm On Aug 07, 2016
Hellfire (not hell) isn't biblical. Hell/sheol/hades in the Bible is simply the grave. The lake of fire in which hell (the grave) and death are later thrown, is symbolic.

There are many popular church doctrines which aren't biblical. But fear sells, so only a few dare to question their beliefs.

2 Likes

Re: 5 Biblical Reasons Why Hell Might Not Exist by Oahray: 6:10pm On Aug 07, 2016
Felvet:
lol. Hellfire is a place in hell. Pray tell, where in the Bible did you read this?
Re: 5 Biblical Reasons Why Hell Might Not Exist by holluphemydavid(m): 6:11pm On Aug 07, 2016
Let me book space, I will comment later
Re: 5 Biblical Reasons Why Hell Might Not Exist by Nascimento(m): 6:18pm On Aug 07, 2016
Sunnycliff:
Hell Fire is Real! Enough of these deceptions!
Its better I believe there is hell and die to discover there is none than disagree that there in none and die to discover that there is!

Deuteronomy 32:22 For a fire is kindled in mine anger, and shall burn unto the lowest hell, and shall consume the earth with her increase, and set on fire the foundations of the mountains.
Matthew 18:9 And if thine eye offend thee, pluck it out, and cast it from thee: it is better for thee to enter into life with one eye, rather than having two eyes to be cast into hell fire.

Mark 9:43 And if thy hand offend thee, cut it off: it is better for thee to enter into life maimed, than having two hands to go into hell, into the fire that never shall be quenched: Mark 9:45 And if thy foot offend thee, cut it off: it is better for thee to enter halt into life, than having two feet to be cast into hell, into the fire that never shall be quenched: Mark 9:47 And if thine eye offend thee, pluck it out: it is better for thee to enter into the kingdom of God with one eye, than having two eyes to be cast into hell fire: James 3:6 And the tongue is a fire, a world of iniquity: so is the tongue among our members, that it defileth the whole body, and setteth on fire the course of nature; and it is set on fire of hell.

Revelation 20:14 And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.

I also believe that at Jeremiah 31:7; when d Israelites were burning their sons and daughters in fire as sacrifice to a foreign god, God told them that their actions have not even Come up into his heart...
Hell is falsehood, rooted in paganism. #paganism_in_christianity

1 Like

Re: 5 Biblical Reasons Why Hell Might Not Exist by ibkgab001: 6:24pm On Aug 07, 2016
For it has been written for the son of man to die once , and after this is judgment
Re: 5 Biblical Reasons Why Hell Might Not Exist by fghanni(m): 6:26pm On Aug 07, 2016
EkeneElectrons:

what did God tell Adam and Eve? Gen 3:3 "he said But God has said about the fruit of the tree that is in the middle of the garden:+ ‘You must not eat from it, no, you must not touch it; otherwise you will die." ...... Definetion of Death Ecclaciastes 9:5 "For the living know that they will die, but the dead know nothing at all, nor do they have any more reward,* because all memory of them is forgotten"

did Adam and Eve go to hell fire?

After death is judgement. Let's wait till then.
Re: 5 Biblical Reasons Why Hell Might Not Exist by JerryQ: 6:30pm On Aug 07, 2016
Nascimento:

I also believe that at Jeremiah 31:7; when d Israelites were burning their sons and daughters in fire as sacrifice to a foreign god, God told them that their actions have not even Come up into his heart...
Hell is falsehood, rooted in paganism. #paganism_in_christianity
This is idolatry, hell fire is judgement. They are different .
Re: 5 Biblical Reasons Why Hell Might Not Exist by salvation77177: 6:31pm On Aug 07, 2016
Deception. Spirit of the last days. Repent or perish in hell.
Re: 5 Biblical Reasons Why Hell Might Not Exist by agent9(m): 6:35pm On Aug 07, 2016
[quote author=adebayo201 post=48277231][/quote]

Lol... cheesy

U got me with dat pishure
Re: 5 Biblical Reasons Why Hell Might Not Exist by agent9(m): 6:38pm On Aug 07, 2016
rummeh:
Many Christians today believe in a place of eternal torment where sinners are sent after death, commonly referred to as Hell in English. This belief is extremely mainstream and forms part of the basic perception of the religion in popular culture.
Am not a Jehova Witness tho but i want you to enjoy reading this.

1.It was Barely Mentioned in the bible
According to Romans 6:7, “he that is dead is freed from sin.” So if a person’s sins are cleared with his or her death, then what’s with the additional punishment of Hell? Well, Romans 6:23 goes on to state that “the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.” Note that there is no mention of sinners being condemned to everlasting torture, they simply don’t get the reward for living a righteous life. Similarly, 2 Thessalonians 1:9 says that the punishment for those deemed wicked is not fiery torture, but destruction, “shut out from the presence of the Lord and from the glory of his might.”

2.Many References To Hell Were Mistranslated

When it comes to misconceptions about Hell, the popular 17th-century King James Version (KJV) of the Bible has a lot to answer for. For example, in the KJV, the prophet Jonah was in the “belly of Hell,” while David bafflingly insists that God would be with him even in Hell. Even Jesus pops down to Hell after his death on the cross.

That’s particularly important to Hades and Sheol, which are roughly equivalent words in Greek and Hebrew. Neither can reasonably be translated as “place of torment,” which is what the word “Hell” now generally implies. A better translation might be “the grave” or “the afterlife.” Neither term carries a value judgment in the way that “Hell” does—only the wicked go to Hell, but all souls are in Sheol after death. So David’s weird KJV claim that God would be with him in “Hell” is better translated as “the afterlife” or even “the depths.” While the KJV references Jesus being in Hell after his death on the cross, the New International Version makes a much less dramatic reference to him being in his “grave.” In fact, the New International Version only refers to Hell 15 times, compared to a whopping 54 mentions in the KJV.
Other modern Bibles try to avoid such problems altogether by simply leaving “Sheol” and “Hades” untranslated, although this hasn’t quite undone the influence of the KJV. As the Encyclopedia Americana of 1942 put it: “Much confusion and misunderstanding has been caused through the early translators of the Bible persistently rendering the Hebrew Sheol and the Greek Hades and Gehenna by the word ‘Hell.’ The simple transliteration of these words by the translators of the revised editions of the Bible has not sufficed to appreciably clear up this confusion and misconception.”
3.Jesus Didn’t Invent His Parable About Hell

It’s right there in the Parable of the Rich Man and Lazarus, as recorded in Luke 16:19-31.

In fact, Jesus didn’t even come up with the story in the first place. Scholars have long identified the general outline (a beggar is rewarded after death, while a rich man is punished) as an Egyptian folktale that became popular with Jewish religious teachers like the Pharisees, to the point that early Jewish literature contains at least seven versions of it. In Luke’s account, Jesus only brings the story up after the Pharisees mock his original Parable of the Unjust Steward, thus using one of their own favorite stories to demonstrate their hypocrisy. With this context, it’s hard to see the parable as a serious account of the Christian afterlife.

4. Even The Church Fathers Couldn’t Agree On Hell

Since many hold the early church fathers as the authority on matters of faith and doctrine, many would find it surprising that even they couldn’t agree if Hell existed and, if so, what it actually was. Justin Martyr, Clement of Alexandria, Tertullian, and Cyprian were among those that held that Hell was a literal place of fiery torment. Origen and Gregory of Nyssa disagreed, countering that Hell was simply separation from God.
In modern times, many Christian denominations have moved away from Saint Augustine’s conception of Hell as a physical place beneath the Earth. Even the venerable Catholic Church has apparently decided to go with the flow, with the Catechism of the Catholic Church, approved by Pope John Paul II in 1992, declaring that Hell is simply a state of “definitive self-exclusion from communion with God and the blessed.”

5.Some Aspects Of Hell Seem Distinctly Non-Christian

The Ancient Egyptian religion, for example, featured a cavern containing a “lake of fire” where the souls of the wicked were punished for their transgressions. The early Mesopotamians also believed that the underworld lay underground, although it was more dim and miserable than a place of eternal punishment.
A particularly interesting comparison can be made between the popular idea of Hell and Zoroastrianism, an ancient religion originating in what is now Iran. In the earliest Zoroastrian texts, the souls of the sinful are judged after death and condemned to eternal punishment in the underworld, which theBook Of Arda Viraf describes as a pit full of fire, “smoke, stench and demons.” The souls are tortured according to the severity of their sins in life and the whole thing is presided over by Angra Mainyu, the great evil spirit, “who ever ridiculed and mocked the wicked in hell” for following him instead of their creator god.

http://www.newsdoggen.org/2016/08/7-biblical-reasons-why-hell-might-not.html

You are right

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Pope Francis Arrives Baghdad, Iraq, In Historic Papal Visit To The Region (pics) / Reverend Impregnates Seven Church Members, Two Married Women - Punch / Reasons Why I Know Obama Is Not A Christian

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.