Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,132 members, 7,814,952 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:38 AM

[SHOCKING]: 4 Things You Probably Never Knew About ! - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / [SHOCKING]: 4 Things You Probably Never Knew About ! (672 Views)

New/upcoming Bloggers Beware Of / VS WordPress.org - What Aspiring Bloggers Should Know / 4 Things People Do Online That Freaks Me Out! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

[SHOCKING]: 4 Things You Probably Never Knew About ! by Nobody: 7:20am On Aug 07, 2016
Hello, without much delay, let me quickly share with you 4 shocking things about building your blog or website on hosted www..
#1 - Search Engines Will Hate You!
Your blog won't rank in search engines no matter how GOOD your posts are. The reason is because search engines (like Google) don't crawl sites built on hosted www..
#2 - You Can't Use Google Adsense
The main point here is that you can't view the source code of your blog that is running on hosted www. And if you can't view it, how then do you paste your Google Adsense ID?
#3 - Your Blog Won't Be Yours!
Imagine a set of people using your blog out of your approval. Now, before a new version of self-hosted www.wordpress.org is released, developers use all sites running on hosted www. to beta test new features. Too bad...
#4 - You Can't Fully Customize Your Blog
This one is clear. gives you limited power!
Goodluck...
Re: [SHOCKING]: 4 Things You Probably Never Knew About ! by Nobody: 8:17am On Aug 07, 2016
cheesy very funny
Re: [SHOCKING]: 4 Things You Probably Never Knew About ! by Nobody: 8:33am On Aug 07, 2016
mosesabah:
cheesy very funny
Funny but true... :p
Re: [SHOCKING]: 4 Things You Probably Never Knew About ! by resultcase(m): 10:45am On Aug 07, 2016
Most of your points are INVALID!

1. Google and other search engines does crawl sites without any issue.

2. Your second point in a very funny one, how can you say you can't use ad codes. That's why you have widgets and plugins to insert ads.

3. You might have a point here, but the truth is, you can always move your site anytime to a self host with the help of plugins.

4. This is the only VALID point you made. The limitations.
Re: [SHOCKING]: 4 Things You Probably Never Knew About ! by Nobody: 11:40am On Aug 07, 2016
resultcase:
Most of your points are INVALID!

1. Google and other search engines does crawl sites without any issue.

2. Your second point in a very funny one, how can you say you can't use ad codes. That's why you have widgets and plugins to insert ads.

3. You might have a point here, but the truth is, you can always move your site anytime to a self host with the help of plugins.

4. This is the only VALID point you made. The limitations.
I pity your points!
1. Show me a hosted wordpress blog or site that ranks well in google and I will show you one that is struggling extra HARD for optimization.
2. I never mentioned [any] other "ads", I only said You Can't Use Google Adsense. Show me a hosted wordpress site that displays Google's own ads, and I will stop using NairaLand!
3. My post never talked about migration! I focused mainly on the downsides of .
4. Valid or invalid to YOU, everything here is based on my experience.
Re: [SHOCKING]: 4 Things You Probably Never Knew About ! by kingDELE(m): 8:48pm On Aug 07, 2016
Laive:

I pity your points!
1. Show me a hosted wordpress blog or site that ranks well in google and I will show you one that is struggling extra HARD for optimization.
2. I never mentioned [any] other "ads", I only said You Can't Use Google Adsense. Show me a hosted wordpress site that displays Google's own ads, and I will stop using NairaLand!
3. My post never talked about migration! I focused mainly on the downsides of .
4. Valid or invalid to YOU, everything here is based on my experience.
Choi. Huna no go kill person. I started with blogger, sm1 here advice dat WordPress is better. I abandon my blogger 4 WordPress. NW see wetin u dey yarn.

Choi
Re: [SHOCKING]: 4 Things You Probably Never Knew About ! by Nobody: 4:45am On Aug 08, 2016
kingDELE:
Choi. Huna no go kill person. I started with blogger, sm1 here advice dat WordPress is better. I abandon my blogger 4 WordPress. NW see wetin u dey yarn.
Choi
Hello KingDELE, I wasn't referring to Wordpress as a whole. There two versions of Wordpress:
1. www. and
2. www.WordPress.Org
1. With the first version (www.), even your little bro can come up with a website or blog within minutes. That version of wordpress curtails the complexity of creating sites because the hosting and installation will be done for you. But then, it comes with the above listed limitations.
2. On the contrary, it will take some training for you to build a blog/site using the second version of WordPress (www.wordpress.org). Here, you'll be doing the hosting and installation of your site. This requires some technical skills, but then, after successfully building your blog on this second version of Wordpress, only the sky will limit you. Goodluck!
Re: [SHOCKING]: 4 Things You Probably Never Knew About ! by kingDELE(m): 6:17am On Aug 08, 2016
Laive:

Hello KingDELE, I wasn't referring to Wordpress as a whole. There two versions of Wordpress:
1. www. and
2. www.WordPress.Org
1. With the first version (www.), even your little bro can come up with a website or blog within minutes. That version of wordpress curtails the complexity of creating sites because the hosting and installation will be done for you. But then, it comes with the above listed limitations.
2. On the contrary, it will take some training for you to build a blog/site using the second version of WordPress (www.wordpress.org). Here, you'll be doing the hosting and installation of your site. This requires some technical skills, but then, after successfully building your blog on this second version of Wordpress, only the sky will limit you. Goodluck!
alryt. Thanks

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

7 Reasons Google Will Derank Your Site / I earned about £300 on feb, please get in!! / Android Application Developer Urgently Needed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.