Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,363 members, 7,812,038 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:59 AM

Why You Should Not Buy Unknown Phone Brands - Malata Experience - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Why You Should Not Buy Unknown Phone Brands - Malata Experience (2023 Views)

5 Reasons Why You Should Try Out Unpopular Phone Brands / Consumer Perception: Phone Brands And What They Are Stingy With / Smartphones You Must Not Buy In 2017. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why You Should Not Buy Unknown Phone Brands - Malata Experience by Biggynt(m): 9:16am On Aug 07, 2016
Malata Max 4 Review - An Unsatisified Buyer's One
A plain look at the Malata Max 4 would get someone moved to think it is a great smartphone, especially based on its appearance. The usability of the Malata Max 4 is quite ineffective despite the fact that the manufacturers of the phone have specified the phone to have a random access memory (RAM) of 1 GB. The
1 GB RAM said to be on the phone would make one think that the phone is faster than the majority of the devices that prevail in the market. The Malata Max 4 has the tendency to 'hang' even when only a few

The Malata Max 4 has the tendency to 'hang' even when only a few
applications are under use. It is not usual for a phone with a high random access memory to slow down when only a few applications are up and running on the phone. The usability of the Malata Max 4 has become negatively affected by the fact that it is not fast enough to support the running of many applications at the same time, which is a feature preferred by the majority of users. The slow nature of the phone is also experienced once you power on the phone and input the registration PIN. The phone takes a longer time
before registering the PIN and this can make people near you to have a sneak on your personal PIN of the phone before it finally registers.

The layout of the Max 4 is also very bubbly and you would confuse it for a child's gadget because the designer of the layout did not consider the fact that the phone would get utilised by different users. The user interface of the phone does not provide the enhanced user experience for the business class and the
fashionable class in the market. The usage of the Malata Max 4 has also revealed that the phone has a poor google GPS navigation that can not rely on important events. The GPS of the phone does not provide the exact location of the users that you require locating the device and only provides the general location of the individuals. The phone is also very hard on the power, thus, requiring the user to charge the phone at least three times every day. The situation depicts that the Malata Max 4 has a poor battery that would not be

The situation depicts that the Malata Max 4 has a poor battery that would not be reliable to the user because it is impossible for the battery to last for mere 12 hours even with little usage of
the device. The fun of any smartphone would get determined by the presence of a nice camera that has great clarity, which makes the user have a photograph's craze using the device.

The camera that comes with the Malata Max 4 has low-quality and it captures photographs with poor clarity compared to the majority of the smartphones in the market. Both the rear camera and the front camera have poor clarity. The Max 4 also has a trend where the contacts regularly stop working even when the storage has not tampered. The situation can last for several minutes before the contacts get displayed again on the phone. The applications in this device also experience frequent crashes, which reduce the
efficiency of the phone. The user has to uninstall the crashing applications so as to make the phone work well.

The specifications of the device assert that it has waterproof capabilities but if you drop the phone in water it would power off, thus, portraying that it is not waterproof. The low performance of the phone Malata Max 4 shows that the phone does not have the capability to operate using the specifications that are provided
to the users before its purchase. The phone does not function according to the features that the company claims it would offer the users.

Lastly, after having developed a factory error and was taken to their customer care here in Lagos for repair...It is taking them over 2 months and still no help in the sight of when the repair will be done...

If you have a similar experience with them, pls kindly comment below and don't forget to share.

Thanks,

Angry User

http://www.naijatalkative.press/malata-max-4-unsatisified-buyers/
Re: Why You Should Not Buy Unknown Phone Brands - Malata Experience by Nobody: 9:50am On Aug 07, 2016
Same can be said of Wiko Sunset2. Infact, it is just a perfect description.
Re: Why You Should Not Buy Unknown Phone Brands - Malata Experience by madgoat(m): 11:52am On Aug 07, 2016
I beg to disagree with ur allegations about the Malata Max 4.
I use that fone and so far so good it has been good. The fone is about 5 months old with me and i bought it brand new from slot.
One problem is the fact that the battery doesn't last long once u put on the data or u are using the fone heavily; though it is fair. With moderate calls and moderate usage when my data is off, my battery can last me 2 days.
Another issue is that the back camera doesn't have auto-focus functions but aside that, the camera quality is fair when pictures are taken outdoors. There are some higer malata than the Max 4 that have auto focus functions. In terms of hanging and contacts not showing, i have not noticed it at all. My Malata Max 4 serves as my wifi Hot Spot for me and my woman's fones in the house.
Above all i will rate the fone as an okay fone.
Oh and i love the earphone speaker quality, its so loud and i receive calls even in very noisy places and the fone is also very strong. It has fallen several times without having any issues afterwards. The fone is my every day fone since i cant be carrying my Tecno Tablet around always.
Maybe ur fone has an issue bcoz in all honesty the fone is a fair average budget fone for me. U could probably do a factory reset of the fone to see if it would correct some of the problems u mentioned.
Re: Why You Should Not Buy Unknown Phone Brands - Malata Experience by Nobody: 4:13pm On Aug 07, 2016
I go for tested and trusted brands/makes these days. Experience is said to be the best teacher. Once beaten,twice shy.
Re: Why You Should Not Buy Unknown Phone Brands - Malata Experience by Opistorincos(m): 6:09pm On Aug 07, 2016
Sorry about the wasted money and your bad experience bro
Re: Why You Should Not Buy Unknown Phone Brands - Malata Experience by Biggynt(m): 11:21pm On Aug 07, 2016
Thanks
Opistorincos:
Sorry about the wasted money and your bad experience bro
Re: Why You Should Not Buy Unknown Phone Brands - Malata Experience by Biggynt(m): 11:26pm On Aug 07, 2016
Like i said, this is a personal experience and the phone has been with their customer support for over a month now. Also note, am a heavy user because i hardly use it to receive mainly for tethering(hotspot)...Even before this incident, i was already going about promoting their brand on my platform.
Also, on getting to their support office at Ikeja(Computer Village), met couple of other guys that came for the same complain....First wasting time, only to be told to come back...imagine from Ikorodu to Ikeja(just told the lady at micro station(ikorodu branch) to get it for me...till date na story of various version
madgoat:
I beg to disagree with ur allegations about the Malata Max 4.
I use that fone and so far so good it has been good. The fone is about 5 months old with me and i bought it brand new from slot.
One problem is the fact that the battery doesn't last long once u put on the data or u are using the fone heavily; though it is fair. With moderate calls and moderate usage when my data is off, my battery can last me 2 days.
Another issue is that the back camera doesn't have auto-focus functions but aside that, the camera quality is fair when pictures are taken outdoors. There are some higer malata than the Max 4 that have auto focus functions. In terms of hanging and contacts not showing, i have not noticed it at all. My Malata Max 4 serves as my wifi Hot Spot for me and my woman's fones in the house.
Above all i will rate the fone as an okay fone.
Oh and i love the earphone speaker quality, its so loud and i receive calls even in very noisy places and the fone is also very strong. It has fallen several times without having any issues afterwards. The fone is my every day fone since i cant be carrying my Tecno Tablet around always.
Maybe ur fone has an issue bcoz in all honesty the fone is a fair average budget fone for me. U could probably do a factory reset of the fone to see if it would correct some of the problems u mentioned.
Re: Why You Should Not Buy Unknown Phone Brands - Malata Experience by bobo65(m): 6:29am On Aug 08, 2016
olatemitayo:
Same can be said of Wiko Sunset2. Infact, it is just a perfect description.

What exactly happened to ur Wiko phone, lemme c how I can help u
Re: Why You Should Not Buy Unknown Phone Brands - Malata Experience by Nobody: 7:22am On Aug 08, 2016
bobo65:

What exactly happened to ur Wiko phone, lemme c how I can help u

i have never bin able to use a memory card on it and whenever it goes off, restarting it is an headache coz it tks years to boot(always hanging annoyingly). lastly, d battery drains like water in a basket. d fone is just five months old
Re: Why You Should Not Buy Unknown Phone Brands - Malata Experience by Funjosh(m): 7:50am On Aug 08, 2016
I bought in malata small phone for someone, (cant recollect the brand) and she have been enjoying it without a single complain despite rough handling by her childre. The phone is over a year now.
Re: Why You Should Not Buy Unknown Phone Brands - Malata Experience by bobo65(m): 8:21am On Aug 08, 2016
olatemitayo:

i have never bin able to use a memory card on it and whenever it goes off, restarting it is an headache coz it tks years to boot(always hanging annoyingly). lastly, d battery drains like water in a basket. d fone is just five months old

Switch off ur phone wen it's battery is at 5%

Are u sure the mem card u r testing it with is original

The battery capacity of that particular device is small, get a power bank

Since it's 5 months old, u can take it to Wiko office at ikeja for them to check on it
Re: Why You Should Not Buy Unknown Phone Brands - Malata Experience by Biggynt(m): 1:05pm On Aug 08, 2016
i need my phone oooo
Re: Why You Should Not Buy Unknown Phone Brands - Malata Experience by Nobody: 1:28pm On Aug 08, 2016
bobo65:

Switch off ur phone wen it's battery is at 5%

Are u sure the mem card u r testing it with is original

The battery capacity of that particular device is small, get a power bank

Since it's 5 months old, u can take it to Wiko office at ikeja for them to check on it

Thank you so much. As regards the memory card, i have tried it with difrnt ones but none seems to work. Infact, one worked for 5min before stoping.
Re: Why You Should Not Buy Unknown Phone Brands - Malata Experience by sorextee(m): 3:30pm On Aug 08, 2016
Who is malata?
What is malata?

Una sef, una hear phone brand wey dey sound like yoruba name, and una still dey buy.

Now, una dey complain..
Re: Why You Should Not Buy Unknown Phone Brands - Malata Experience by Biggynt(m): 3:06pm On Aug 09, 2016
we just support new brand ni, we no know say na storyland we go enter
sorextee:
Who is malata?
What is malata?

Una sef, una hear phone brand wey dey sound like yoruba name, and una still dey buy.

Now, una dey complain..

(1) (Reply)

Unboxing The New Infinix Note 3 / MTN Youtube Plan Issue / Which Is Better: Umdigi A5 Pro Vs Oukitel C17 Pro. Pix Attached.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.