Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,414 members, 7,822,928 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 07:38 PM

Consumer Perception: Phone Brands And What They Are Stingy With - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Consumer Perception: Phone Brands And What They Are Stingy With (8498 Views)

10 Phone Brands That Failed Instantly / If Phone Brands Were Animals� / 5 Reasons Why You Should Try Out Unpopular Phone Brands (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Consumer Perception: Phone Brands And What They Are Stingy With by nenergy(m): 6:34pm On Apr 03, 2017
I'm a mobile device enthusiast, I advise and I also help people make online purchases. This has exposed me to many phone brands.

Just now a thought came to mind that no mobile device is perfect (something dey spoil am). These manufacturers have something unique they cut back on while making up their specification.

These unique cutbacks is what they are stingy with.

I will list a few.

1. Samsung: They're stingy with RAM. You'll see Samsung phones with 756mb or 1.5gb RAM. Why not round it up? Tires me!

2. Huawei: They're stingy with battery. You'll see a 4g phone with 2gb ram and 2200mAh battery. SMH

3. iTel: They also have RAM "stinginess" but their lack of OTP upgrade/support is their core "stingility".

I'm out... so please list the ones you perceive.

8 Likes

Re: Consumer Perception: Phone Brands And What They Are Stingy With by THUNDAR(m): 10:02pm On Apr 03, 2017
Iphone greedy with price
you see ordinary
iphone 7 for N480000 this is the salary of a Nigeria police officer for a year and 6months

my dear which stinginess pass this one

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Consumer Perception: Phone Brands And What They Are Stingy With by directonpc(m): 10:40pm On Apr 03, 2017
Nice post OP. You understand the modern smartphone very well.
Re: Consumer Perception: Phone Brands And What They Are Stingy With by clickbnkgod: 7:41am On Apr 04, 2017
Lols phone topic this early mohmoh

Check my signature
Re: Consumer Perception: Phone Brands And What They Are Stingy With by jeeqaa7(m): 7:43am On Apr 04, 2017
Ok
Re: Consumer Perception: Phone Brands And What They Are Stingy With by talktonase(m): 7:44am On Apr 04, 2017
Microsoft is stingy with apps jarree!

5 Likes

Re: Consumer Perception: Phone Brands And What They Are Stingy With by Chuukwudi(m): 7:44am On Apr 04, 2017
Other brands like Infinix, tecno, gione, etc.

They are just crazy.
A particular phone will have good battery, bad camera and RAM.

Another will have good RAM but poor battery. Some with good battery and RAM wont have nice graphics and processor and will be lagging like fool.

9 Likes

Re: Consumer Perception: Phone Brands And What They Are Stingy With by Nobody: 7:47am On Apr 04, 2017
infinix stingy with stable OTA updates. tecno stingy with OTA,they will rather produce another type with the OS update..

4 Likes

Re: Consumer Perception: Phone Brands And What They Are Stingy With by wildcatter23(m): 7:47am On Apr 04, 2017
Gionee hates tablets.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Consumer Perception: Phone Brands And What They Are Stingy With by InvertedHammer: 7:50am On Apr 04, 2017
nenergy:
I'm a mobile device enthusiast, I advise and I also help people make online purchases. This has exposed me to many phone brands.

Just now a thought came to mind that no mobile device is perfect (something dey spoil am). These manufacturers have something unique they cut back on while making up their specification.

These unique cutbacks is what they are stingy with.

I will list a few.

1. Samsung: They're stingy with RAM. You'll see Samsung phones with 756mb or 1.5gb RAM. Why not round it up? Tires me!

2. Huawei: They're stingy with battery. You'll see a 4g phone with 2gb ram and 2200mAh battery. SMH

3. iTel: They also have RAM "stinginess" but their lack of OTP upgrade/support is their core "stingility".

I'm out... so please list the ones you perceive.
/

A Computer Science student can answer the question in #1.
Re: Consumer Perception: Phone Brands And What They Are Stingy With by Nobody: 7:50am On Apr 04, 2017
cry kiss undecided
Re: Consumer Perception: Phone Brands And What They Are Stingy With by Nobody: 7:52am On Apr 04, 2017
THUNDAR:
I phone greedy with pride
you see ordinary
phone 7 for N480000 this is the salary of a Nigeria police officer for a year and 6months

my dear which stinginess pass this one

Lmfao. Bro they use price to separate the wolves from the sheeps.

#TeamIphone grin

4 Likes

Re: Consumer Perception: Phone Brands And What They Are Stingy With by Nobody: 7:52am On Apr 04, 2017
You bought an I phone for 350,000 and you cannot share pictures through xender, flashare or even Bluetooth... grade one stinginess...
Sony phone that has 30gig internal memory yet no memory card space... what are they trying to say?? we no fit get files up to 30gig??
Human beings are brands too.. A man will use Nokia tanosobe for 7years and still use rubber band to tie it.. is that not stinginess cheesy cheesy

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Consumer Perception: Phone Brands And What They Are Stingy With by whizbee(m): 7:55am On Apr 04, 2017
I always thought this about techno but alas, when there's no new feature.. They just roll out there meagre specs slowly
Re: Consumer Perception: Phone Brands And What They Are Stingy With by Nobody: 8:01am On Apr 04, 2017
actually, the OP is stingy with money. that is why he is going for entry level phones.

the same samsung has phones with 6gb of ram.

you decide to go for cheap, expect low end.

it is not by force to post topics.

1 Like

Re: Consumer Perception: Phone Brands And What They Are Stingy With by Nobody: 8:04am On Apr 04, 2017
tHaPsAmIsT:
You bought an I phone for 350,000 and you cannot share pictures through xender, flashare or even Bluetooth... grade one stinginess...
Sony phone that has 30gig internal memory yet no memory card space... what are they trying to say?? we no fit get files up to 30gig??
Human beings are brands too.. A man will use Nokia tanosobe for 7years and still use rubber band to tie it.. is that not stinginess cheesy cheesy
you can send via xender in iPhone

2 Likes

Re: Consumer Perception: Phone Brands And What They Are Stingy With by Bubblewitch: 8:08am On Apr 04, 2017
lol, u can't have it all
Re: Consumer Perception: Phone Brands And What They Are Stingy With by sakalisis(m): 8:15am On Apr 04, 2017
Re: Consumer Perception: Phone Brands And What They Are Stingy With by Kobicove(m): 8:17am On Apr 04, 2017
oyb:
actually, the OP is stingy with money. that is why he is going for entry level phones.

My thoughts exactly undecided
Re: Consumer Perception: Phone Brands And What They Are Stingy With by Nobody: 8:18am On Apr 04, 2017
You are 100 percent correct, those manufacturer intentionally reduce some feature. A cheap phone will come with a huge battery while an expensive phone will come with lower battery
Re: Consumer Perception: Phone Brands And What They Are Stingy With by Nobody: 8:21am On Apr 04, 2017
oyb:

So one should his one year salary to buy phone? 6GB of RAM in a phone is meaningless. installed a 6GB RAM in a laptop then compare the performance

1 Like

Re: Consumer Perception: Phone Brands And What They Are Stingy With by Romanciella(f): 8:24am On Apr 04, 2017
Infinix phone can lag for the world!
Re: Consumer Perception: Phone Brands And What They Are Stingy With by alabi484(m): 8:31am On Apr 04, 2017
All those phone brands be making Nigerians waste money.
Re: Consumer Perception: Phone Brands And What They Are Stingy With by henryobinna(m): 8:36am On Apr 04, 2017
I don't want to mention brands now, before they'll start mentioning my moniker

All I have to say is there are Smartphones you must not buy in this 2017
Re: Consumer Perception: Phone Brands And What They Are Stingy With by BelloP: 8:53am On Apr 04, 2017
Both tecno and apple are stingy with display. Highest is 1080p for all their phones. Sony don't use gorilla Glass. Apple is the worst, they make you pay more for less and like it.
Re: Consumer Perception: Phone Brands And What They Are Stingy With by albacete(m): 8:57am On Apr 04, 2017
So you want to use the phone forever?

The days of 3310 are over. No more ruggedness in phones, what u see nowadays are sleek phones that crack, crash, peel off and hang. So that after 6 months, u come for an upgrade.

Don't you want the phone manufacturers to declare profit?
Re: Consumer Perception: Phone Brands And What They Are Stingy With by Swash042(m): 8:57am On Apr 04, 2017
TeamApple
Re: Consumer Perception: Phone Brands And What They Are Stingy With by donkuso(f): 9:08am On Apr 04, 2017
Please advise me, I ve 50k which android phone will I buy 4 my wife, Gionee,Techno, infinix etc product. Good lasting battery,pics ,RAM, no lagging, 4G. At least avarage in all listed.
Re: Consumer Perception: Phone Brands And What They Are Stingy With by Nobody: 9:09am On Apr 04, 2017
I cannot come and be going and kill myself die for phone. Every phone got it's own wahala
Re: Consumer Perception: Phone Brands And What They Are Stingy With by donkuso(f): 9:18am On Apr 04, 2017
Op, advise me on the phone I should by for my wife. The options are Gionee, Techno, infinix or Injoo. The qualities needed or should average out are good lasting batteries, no lagging, good RAM,pic quality, rugged, >5.5 screen,ur honest opinions etc. The price range 50k

1 Like

Re: Consumer Perception: Phone Brands And What They Are Stingy With by BelloP: 9:18am On Apr 04, 2017
donkuso:
Please advise me, I ve 50k which android phone will I buy 4 my wife, Gionee,Techno, infinix etc product. Good lasting battery,pics ,RAM, no lagging, 4G. At least avarage in all listed.
Gionee is the best. I agree.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Fifa 16 For Android (ultimate Team) / Stop Using 4G Network, You Are Killing Yourself / Airtel Might Block Bis On Other Phones Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.