Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,335 members, 7,839,597 topics. Date: Saturday, 25 May 2024 at 12:26 AM

All Police Officers Must Declare Their Assets – IGP - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / All Police Officers Must Declare Their Assets – IGP (8737 Views)

Young Man Loses Leg While Trying To Bribe Police Officers At A Checkpoint / Nigerian Man Arrested At Seme Border For Failure To Declare $52,201, £320. Photo / Photos Of The Police Officers Sentenced To Death Over Apo Six Killings (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

All Police Officers Must Declare Their Assets – IGP by mezynaija(m): 9:26pm On Aug 07, 2016
The Nigerian inspector general of Police, Mr Ibrahim Idris, has commanded all police officers in the country must declare their assets.

This, according to him, is necessary in order to rid the Nigerian Police Force of corruption. “Every police officer must declare their assets,” he said at Force Headquarters in Abuja during a courtesy call on him by members of Nigerians Unite Against Terror, a civil rights organisation on Friday, August 5, 2016.

The IGP warned police officers against violating their code of conduct, stressing that his administration would not spare them.

“We are going to be very tough on our police officers who go outside our code of conduct. When I took over and told people that I am declaring my assets, it looked surprising, people took it as if I was doing something magical but that is what the law says. You cannot work without declaring your assets,” Idris said.

“You must declare your assets and as policemen we are the ones checking the vices, so we cannot be part of those that are increasing the vices in the society and I still stand by my word.

“I have declared my assets even before and after I became IG of police because it is a constitutional requirement. I believe every police officer should do that.

“What kills most Nigerians is lack of contentment; you will see somebody amassing wealth that he and even his grandchildren do not need throughout their life time. I don’t know what drives people like that. For me, I believe that with contentment, you will have peace of mind.”

Idris promised to set up a special committee comprising the police and members of the civil society organisations to develop a strategy on how to improve the image of the police.

He said, “We need to sit down and set up a panel; we are going to start a committee to interface on how to utilise our human resource because it is very important.

“It is good people hear from the CSOs who are not policemen. People should hear from you on how the public now see the police.

“People should give us the opportunity to prove ourselves; they will take it more serious from you.”

Idris called on the public to stop denigrating the police whose duty is to protect lives and properties.

He said when he assumed duty as IGP, he promised to be guided by two major principles and police core values, in line with international best practices and democratic policing.

“The principles are that the police should be humane, that we should respect other people; and we should not look at people’s faces before we can apply the law. The law covers everybody, whether you are rich or poor,” he added.

Source: http://www.jtownconnect.com/2016/08/inspector-general-of-police-has-ordered.html

2 Likes

Re: All Police Officers Must Declare Their Assets – IGP by kelvine(m): 9:33pm On Aug 07, 2016
Hope not same with the policemen under the sun.
How does declaring assets stop the hungry police on the streets from extorting motorists.
By the way the directive doesnt really make sense,there are other ways to sanitize the police force.

7 Likes

Re: All Police Officers Must Declare Their Assets – IGP by Nobody: 9:53pm On Aug 07, 2016
Very soon VCs will be asking all the lecturers to declare their assets

6 Likes

Re: All Police Officers Must Declare Their Assets – IGP by datola: 10:43pm On Aug 07, 2016
Is it in the laws setting up the Nigeria Police Force that every Tom, Dick and Harry of its officers must declare their assets? If yes, it's okay otherwise he should approach the National Assembly for enabling laws.

My main concern is what institution/platform is keeping the information and updating them from time to time?

Oga, I hope this is not part of the Nairalandian Initial Gragra (IG).

2 Likes

Re: All Police Officers Must Declare Their Assets – IGP by veekid(m): 8:28am On Aug 08, 2016
Lobatan
Re: All Police Officers Must Declare Their Assets – IGP by allanphash7(m): 8:28am On Aug 08, 2016
Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha

I laugh in swahili

Mr IGP wake up from your slumber its dawn

3 Likes

Re: All Police Officers Must Declare Their Assets – IGP by Atmmachine(m): 8:28am On Aug 08, 2016
Declare their assets to who ?? To you ??
They might as well hand their wives over to you

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: All Police Officers Must Declare Their Assets – IGP by fingard02k(m): 8:28am On Aug 08, 2016
I'm lost here..so you mean all the officers wey dey collect #50 for road go declare asset?

End time: See what this girl posted for drake--> http://www.enzyhub.com/end-time-see-what-this-girl-wrote-to-drake/
Re: All Police Officers Must Declare Their Assets – IGP by WilliamsChelster(m): 8:29am On Aug 08, 2016
Do they even have assets to declare

7 Likes

Re: All Police Officers Must Declare Their Assets – IGP by djakinwande(m): 8:29am On Aug 08, 2016
Is like dis man dnt really knw what he want..... wetin consign police with asset deceleration undecided

2 Likes

Re: All Police Officers Must Declare Their Assets – IGP by jazinogold(m): 8:29am On Aug 08, 2016
wahala............... grin
Re: All Police Officers Must Declare Their Assets – IGP by Sunnycliff(m): 8:29am On Aug 08, 2016
Initial Gra Gra!
No be today joor, it have tayed!
IGP Acting, this is easier said than done!

2 Likes

Re: All Police Officers Must Declare Their Assets – IGP by ALAYORMII: 8:29am On Aug 08, 2016
Nigerians and misplaced priority

What does 80% of them have to declare ??

6 Likes

Re: All Police Officers Must Declare Their Assets – IGP by oluwasegun007(m): 8:30am On Aug 08, 2016
Huuuuurrrrrr!!!!

All dis i wanna impress oga attitude wouldn't last more dan 3month.... undecided undecided undecided

8 Likes

Re: All Police Officers Must Declare Their Assets – IGP by justicejay(m): 8:30am On Aug 08, 2016
Lolx, yeye yeye.
Soon it would be all beggers must declare their assets
Re: All Police Officers Must Declare Their Assets – IGP by 989900E: 8:30am On Aug 08, 2016
Way to go . . .
Re: All Police Officers Must Declare Their Assets – IGP by MadCow1: 8:31am On Aug 08, 2016
Impossible.. grin grin grin grin

All Police officers that ever headed divisions in the South South (MOPOL COMMANDERS especially) can never agree to this witch hunting.. grin grin grin grin grin

Declare wetin? Na beer? grin grin grin

Police and corruption be like Okro and Ogbono.. The two na draw soup.. grin

1 Like

Re: All Police Officers Must Declare Their Assets – IGP by AroOkigbo(m): 8:31am On Aug 08, 2016
Police assets.
Would these include the corporals, lance corporals, sergeants, etc whose salaries are barely enough to feed from?
We're truly in the end times.

4 Likes

Re: All Police Officers Must Declare Their Assets – IGP by wordcat(m): 8:31am On Aug 08, 2016
Lol Customs boss said the same thing
Re: All Police Officers Must Declare Their Assets – IGP by Nobody: 8:31am On Aug 08, 2016
wat
Re: All Police Officers Must Declare Their Assets – IGP by trueking: 8:33am On Aug 08, 2016
It's not asset declarations we want, they should stop harassing commercial drivers for money.
Re: All Police Officers Must Declare Their Assets – IGP by brightleave(m): 8:33am On Aug 08, 2016
nice one! at least it will make a little impact on transparency and insight a little fear into some of them
Re: All Police Officers Must Declare Their Assets – IGP by ifyalways(f): 8:33am On Aug 08, 2016
Hilarious.

Declare assets plus or minus 20 naira egunje
Re: All Police Officers Must Declare Their Assets – IGP by Harjiboy68: 8:33am On Aug 08, 2016
Waoh, I hope things change, money their entire generation can't spend, o gaa
Re: All Police Officers Must Declare Their Assets – IGP by uckennety(m): 8:35am On Aug 08, 2016
Mr IG you very stupid

5 Likes

Re: All Police Officers Must Declare Their Assets – IGP by HMZi: 8:39am On Aug 08, 2016
Nigerian Police!! 4get it...prove urselfs professionaly b4 we take you seriously..
Bail is free!!(so not)
Police is you friend(with friends like npf,who needs enemies)

1 Like

Re: All Police Officers Must Declare Their Assets – IGP by Nobody: 8:40am On Aug 08, 2016
very funny, what of those that don't have assets to declare?

4 Likes

Re: All Police Officers Must Declare Their Assets – IGP by wizzyjay(m): 8:43am On Aug 08, 2016
Re: All Police Officers Must Declare Their Assets – IGP by moyakz(m): 8:43am On Aug 08, 2016
npf and misplaced-priorities are like aneke twins.so confused leader and 'sect' of people.

5 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

8 Most Notorious Criminals Nigerians Can Never Forget(pictures) / Mechanic Sentenced To Death For Stealing Car Stereo / EFCC Devises Discreet Means Of Tracking Yahoo Boys.....find Out!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.