Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,593 members, 7,770,559 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 11:37 AM

How To Forward Email Messages To Your Developed Application - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / How To Forward Email Messages To Your Developed Application (1254 Views)

Nigerian Developed Mobile Apps - Yaay Or Nay? / UPDATED: Third Person 3D Game Developed In Unity3d / Is There Any Major Website In The World Entirely Developed By A Nigerian? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Forward Email Messages To Your Developed Application by rushman003: 10:00am On Aug 08, 2016
Hello geeks in da house.
How are you doing. It's been a while,
Please I want us to brainstorm on this question together in order to see how it can be tackled. Have been on a project for sometimes now and the point I am now is to integrate a mail notification function which I'm finding it very hard to get my way a round it. I want my application to automatically get a copy of any message that hit my mail inbox or spam folder without me having to go check my mail. Can this be achieved, who has done it before. Please let's have a section! Thank you fellaz

Waiting for those big guys. Dhtml8, guru01, booya the female programmer, danielthegeek, and otherz how can I achieve this grin
Re: How To Forward Email Messages To Your Developed Application by guru01(m): 1:42pm On Aug 08, 2016
rushman003:
Hello geeks in da house.
Please I want us to brainstorm on this question together in order to see how it can be tackled. Have been on a project for sometimes now and the point I am now is to integrate a mail notification function which I'm finding it very hard to get my way a round it. I want my application to automatically get a copy of any message that hit my mail inbox or spam folder without me having to go check my mail. Can this be achieved, who has done it before. Please let's have a section! Thank you fellaz

Waiting for those big guys. Dhtml8, guru01, booya the female programmer, danielthegeek, and otherz how can I achieve this grin
Sure you can find a solution for this. PHP has some mailbox functions that can help you with this.
Re: How To Forward Email Messages To Your Developed Application by rushman003: 8:13pm On Aug 08, 2016
guru01:

Sure you can find a solution for this. PHP has some mailbox functions that can help you with this.

Thats my big brother in tha house.
Much love brother, some people will not come now o *winks wink

But can you define properly on how i can go about it sir.?
Re: How To Forward Email Messages To Your Developed Application by guru01(m): 9:26pm On Aug 08, 2016
Re: How To Forward Email Messages To Your Developed Application by destino24(m): 6:48am On Aug 10, 2016
If you're talking about a mobile app, then you can use Gmail API for Google mail.

Programmableweb.com for mail APIs
Re: How To Forward Email Messages To Your Developed Application by Nobody: 9:42am On Aug 11, 2016
rushman003:
Hello geeks in da house.

I guess you are trying to make your application get mails from a mail client and display the data in your application. You can have a script that detects the mail client, something more like this algo:

if(Yahoo) {
// Code to run, if mail client is Yahoo
} else if (Gmail) {
//Code to run, if mail client is Gmail
}

Then after finding the client, use the respective API based on the mail client. I haven't implemented such infrastructure into any of my projects before, but I know this resolves around SMTP.
Re: How To Forward Email Messages To Your Developed Application by seunthomas: 12:53pm On Aug 11, 2016
Highly furious i was not included in your list of helpers. angry But will still go ahead and help you.
Easiest way to go about doing this and still have the robust features you want are 2 major ways.

a. Using a mail script(php or any language), create a rest api for your mail service on your server.
This is beneficial, if you want to integrate the mail function with an existing rest api.

b. Just look for a simple pop3 or imap client and use it in your app. You need to enable pop3/imap in your mail service else it wont work.
Re: How To Forward Email Messages To Your Developed Application by rushman003: 3:20pm On Aug 11, 2016
destino24:
If you're talking about a mobile app, then you can use Gmail API for Google mail.

Programmableweb.com for mail APIs

It's a Web app but thanks anyways much love sir. I pick you up as a mentor today grin
Re: How To Forward Email Messages To Your Developed Application by rushman003: 3:23pm On Aug 11, 2016
DanielTheGeek:

I guess you are trying to make your application get mails from a mail client and display the data in your application. You can have a script that detects the mail client, something more like this algo:
Then after finding the client, use the respective API based on the mail client. I haven't implemented such infrastructure into any of my projects before, but I know this resolves around SMTP.

Thanks Dan I will take a close look at it
DanielTheGeek:

seunthomas:
Highly furious i was not included in your list of helpers. angry But will still go ahead and help you.
Easiest way to go about doing this and still have the robust features you want are 2 major ways.
a. Using a mail script(php or any language), create a rest api for your mail service on your server.
This is beneficial, if you want to integrate the mail function with an existing rest api.
b. Just look for a simple pop3 or imap client and use it in your app. You need to enable pop3/imap in your mail service else it wont work.
Re: How To Forward Email Messages To Your Developed Application by rushman003: 3:26pm On Aug 11, 2016
seunthomas:

Don't mind me seun. Whole lot of my hommies were not mentioned jare. But thanks for the contribution. I know it will go along way. I saw something related to your opinion before too
Re: How To Forward Email Messages To Your Developed Application by destino24(m): 4:12pm On Aug 11, 2016
rushman003:

It's a Web app but thanks anyways much love sir. I pick you up as a mentor today grin

Boss
grin grin
I can assure you, I'm still a learner

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

I Need An Asp.net Mvc Developer (c#) For A Freelance Job / SQL Best Design Practice / How Do I Add A Variable Within Mysqli Query

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.