Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,751 members, 7,820,588 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:46 PM

3rd Oba Sijuwade Lecture & Awards, Ooni Of Ife, Obi Of Onitsha Attend - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / 3rd Oba Sijuwade Lecture & Awards, Ooni Of Ife, Obi Of Onitsha Attend (18586 Views)

Aderemi Sijuwade Buys Car For Labisi Folawiyo Hours Before Their Wedding / Throwback: Ooni Sijuwade And Fidel Castro In Cuba (Photo) / Ooni Enitan Adeyeye With Oba Sijuwade In Throwback Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 3rd Oba Sijuwade Lecture & Awards, Ooni Of Ife, Obi Of Onitsha Attend by oluwasegun007(m): 1:10pm On Aug 08, 2016
Dos guys HairCut Na die....

B4 u no na guys go turn am to Fashion..... grin grin grin
Re: 3rd Oba Sijuwade Lecture & Awards, Ooni Of Ife, Obi Of Onitsha Attend by Nobody: 1:23pm On Aug 08, 2016
Lilimax:
I just like this Ooni of Ife smiley He likes reaching out and uniting everybody.
He is a true leader indeed!

Abeg, what is it with those styles of hair by those men wearing white in the first picture?
Is it a traditional style of hair or just effizy? embarassed

Those are called Emese, palace/Ooni's messengers selected from compounds responsible for such. That is their traditional haircut & it has been that way since Oduduwa's period.

2 Likes

Re: 3rd Oba Sijuwade Lecture & Awards, Ooni Of Ife, Obi Of Onitsha Attend by Nobody: 1:26pm On Aug 08, 2016
sourcebabez:

Its called" ilari" which simply means dividing the head, those guys are call "emese" they seat at the feet of the king to run errands for him. I'm a proud princess of the source.

Nice to meet a Sister.

Princess of the source from what compound?

Ilari is Oyo; in Ife, it is called 'fari oro'. It is why Emese are otherwise called 'Afari Oro'.
Re: 3rd Oba Sijuwade Lecture & Awards, Ooni Of Ife, Obi Of Onitsha Attend by BoboFashion(m): 1:26pm On Aug 08, 2016
buharisbae:
Wow I like the obi he's more of a royalty

well kudos to the ooni he seems to bring unity

Where u from?
Re: 3rd Oba Sijuwade Lecture & Awards, Ooni Of Ife, Obi Of Onitsha Attend by YungMillionaire: 1:42pm On Aug 08, 2016
cool This Yoruba Ooni is changing the game - he is a REAL VIP. I hope other monarch learn cool
Re: 3rd Oba Sijuwade Lecture & Awards, Ooni Of Ife, Obi Of Onitsha Attend by Charmerbeautylooks(f): 1:53pm On Aug 08, 2016
Ife eji Abu onicha erika!
doublewisdom:
I like the way the Obi of Onitsha carries himself with dignity.
Re: 3rd Oba Sijuwade Lecture & Awards, Ooni Of Ife, Obi Of Onitsha Attend by NovusHomo(m): 1:54pm On Aug 08, 2016
doublewisdom:

Right; unlike the 'son' of Jesus Christ who should have been an evangelist rather than lead a people who are not all Christians.
Re: 3rd Oba Sijuwade Lecture & Awards, Ooni Of Ife, Obi Of Onitsha Attend by roiseadas(m): 2:06pm On Aug 08, 2016
Thiz Oni of Ife is VERY HUMBLE...
I like that cheesy
Re: 3rd Oba Sijuwade Lecture & Awards, Ooni Of Ife, Obi Of Onitsha Attend by ImperialYoruba: 2:20pm On Aug 08, 2016
Lilimax:
I just like this Ooni of Ife smiley He likes reaching out and uniting everybody.
He is a true leader indeed!

Abeg, what is it with those styles of hair by those men wearing white in the first picture?
Is it a traditional style of hair or just effizy? embarassed

ILARI is the official title for an Oba's security details. Oyo Empire was known to keep male and female guards back in the ages and many white explorers who had an encounter or two with them made it a duty to narrate their impression or in some cases, humiliation.

The head is a principal point of individuality and authority in Yoruba culture. This haircut is a parting of the head and signifies a gateway of two worlds, side by side.
Re: 3rd Oba Sijuwade Lecture & Awards, Ooni Of Ife, Obi Of Onitsha Attend by connkg(m): 3:34pm On Aug 08, 2016
Charmerbeautylooks:
Ife eji Abu onicha erika!
Onicha mmili! I'm so proud!
Now, where's the Dein of Agbor? I wish he was there!

2 Likes

Re: 3rd Oba Sijuwade Lecture & Awards, Ooni Of Ife, Obi Of Onitsha Attend by buharisbae(f): 5:43pm On Aug 08, 2016
BoboFashion:

Where u from?
carlifonia grin
Re: 3rd Oba Sijuwade Lecture & Awards, Ooni Of Ife, Obi Of Onitsha Attend by BoboFashion(m): 6:50pm On Aug 08, 2016
buharisbae:

carlifonia grin

Since when?
Re: 3rd Oba Sijuwade Lecture & Awards, Ooni Of Ife, Obi Of Onitsha Attend by passyhansome(m): 7:42pm On Aug 08, 2016
doublewisdom:

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 3rd Oba Sijuwade Lecture & Awards, Ooni Of Ife, Obi Of Onitsha Attend by phranq(m): 8:06pm On Aug 08, 2016
doublewisdom:

apart frm prof. Ekwueme...d Igwe of Okoh, d only royal father I respect is Obi of Onitsha. Agbogidi 1 of onicha-ado-n'idu!!!! aside all his achievements, his carriage is superb. IBB, OBJ, GEJ even late Gen. Abacha will bear me witness!! he is d symbol of onicha culture n heritage!!!!

3 Likes

Re: 3rd Oba Sijuwade Lecture & Awards, Ooni Of Ife, Obi Of Onitsha Attend by success1smyn(m): 6:50am On Aug 09, 2016
sourcebabez:

Its called" ilari" which simply means dividing the head, those guys are call "emese" they seat at the feet of the king to run errands for him. I'm a proud princess of the source.
good. I'm a proud prince of iremo
Re: 3rd Oba Sijuwade Lecture & Awards, Ooni Of Ife, Obi Of Onitsha Attend by Madejuly11(m): 8:18am On Aug 09, 2016
datola:
Ife Business School. Where is that one?

See classic display of culture, friendship and royalty.

Kudos to Oba Ogunwusi ati awon loba loba from the east, north and the west.

Ife Business School is at the source (ILE-IFE).

(1) (2) (Reply)

Great Benin descendants thread / Be Proud To Speak Hausa Language Here / The Black Man: Unchained Lust And Its Wake Of Distruction

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.