Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,913 members, 7,852,065 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 12:19 PM

California-Based Nigerian Queried By The Nigeria Police (video) - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / California-Based Nigerian Queried By The Nigeria Police (video) (28274 Views)

US Based Nigerian Man Cries Out After SARS Forced His Friend to Pay N920k(pics / Burial Of Malaysia-Based Nigerian Who Was Shot Dead By Police In Imo. PICS / Police Reacts Over The Killing Of Malaysia-Based Nigerian In Owerri. Pictured (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: California-Based Nigerian Queried By The Nigeria Police (video) by temmytanny(m): 3:01pm On Aug 08, 2016
Sincerely, the officer asked the right questions. You have to show evidence of driving license payment or your real license. More so,you can't just drive without license even in USA. I never heard officer asking him for money.
Re: California-Based Nigerian Queried By The Nigeria Police (video) by fcvklies: 3:24pm On Aug 08, 2016
Richy4:

Are you implying that you are free to drive in Nigeria without a Drivers licence?

I find it really hard to believe you... look, the fact that you tendered #50 or what ever amount for free access or to get away from time wasting from the corrupt cops does not make it the real way... No where in the world Nigeria inclusive that u can drive without a licence...

Nope, never implied anyone's free to drive in Nigeria without a license. The outcome I mean, if you're stopped by the police under this circumstance could/would be a lot worse than just being given a ticket cuz that ain't the system here. I've had my car impounded at almost 2AM in the morning in Lagos and asked to come back to the station much later in day because I didn't have my license on me. Where else on earth does that happen? Wouldn't I have been better off given a ticket? The driver's license thing only works in a society where records are kept. When the cops ask for your license and registration, they get a lot more info and history on you after cross-checking their database than just on-the-spot profiling. The Nigerian policeman only asks you for your driver's license hoping you don't have it on you so they can ''open office'' untop your head!

I should add: I didn't watch the video, waste of my MB and time. I'm talking bout the typical Nigerian situation we all are aware of and can't deny. I've lived in Nigeria all my life and got issued my first driver's license back in '98.
Re: California-Based Nigerian Queried By The Nigeria Police (video) by chccho(m): 4:02pm On Aug 08, 2016
fcvklies:

Nope, never implied anyone's free to drive in Nigeria without a license. The outcome I mean, if you're stopped by the police under this circumstance could/would be a lot worse than just being given a ticket cuz that ain't the system here. I've had my car impounded at almost 2AM in the morning in Lagos and asked to come back to the station much later in day because I didn't have my license on me. Where else on earth does that happen? Wouldn't I have been better off given a ticket? The driver's license thing only works in a society where records are kept. When the cops ask for your license and registration, they get a lot more info and history on you after cross-checking their database than just on-the-spot profiling. The Nigerian policeman only asks you for your driver's license hoping you don't have it on you so they can ''open office'' untop your head!

I should add: I didn't watch the video, waste of my MB and time. I'm talking bout the typical Nigerian situation we all are aware of and can't deny. I've lived in Nigeria all my life and got issued my first driver's license back in '98.
If u didn't watch d video then y did u just jump into conclusion and write all that crap...it's a crime not to drive without a driver's license here in Nigeria and anywhere in the world...so if u don't want anyone to harass u do the right thing and pls go and watch the video so u can have a better understanding of what happened here
Re: California-Based Nigerian Queried By The Nigeria Police (video) by chccho(m): 4:14pm On Aug 08, 2016
All of u condemning the police officer in this case scenario are speaking as products of a corrupt society.
So many people commenting didn't even watch the video.As for me the cops just did their jobs as they should have and ,even did the guy a favour if they pardoned him....They asked him a question "Is that how u behave in carlifornia? The guy dey call chi chi....
Re: California-Based Nigerian Queried By The Nigeria Police (video) by Nobody: 4:19pm On Aug 08, 2016
room089:

You are sure the californian returnee wasn't in possession of hemp?
Can you vouch for him in a law court?
Or you think the nigerian police can never get it right at least for once?
I mean, the policeman shouldn't have said that.
It was so unprofessional.
It's like calling me a scammer cos you saw foreign numbers on my phone. Bs
Re: California-Based Nigerian Queried By The Nigeria Police (video) by Nobody: 4:24pm On Aug 08, 2016
JuicyGee:

on what ground would you take him to court?
False accusation and threat. Might have affected the man psychologically. Js
Re: California-Based Nigerian Queried By The Nigeria Police (video) by fcvklies: 5:17pm On Aug 08, 2016
chccho:

If u didn't watch d video then y did u just jump into conclusion and write all that crap...it's a crime not to drive without a driver's license here in Nigeria and anywhere in the world...so if u don't want anyone to harass u do the right thing and pls go and watch the video so u can have a better understanding of what happened here

You are lost!! lol

Find yourself grin grin grin
Re: California-Based Nigerian Queried By The Nigeria Police (video) by Xbursta(m): 5:23pm On Aug 08, 2016
[/i][i] lipsrsealed wink
DirtyGold:
Nigerian police and extorting/harrassing innocent civilians are like...

What's tha business?
my brother don't go conclude what you know nothing about the man was caught sniffing Indian hemp and driving...
DirtyGold:

What's tha business?
my brother don't go conclude what you know nothing about the man was caught sniffing Indian hemp and driving...
DirtyGold:

What's tha business?
Re: California-Based Nigerian Queried By The Nigeria Police (video) by cococandy(f): 6:29pm On Aug 08, 2016
He was driving without license. What did the police do wrong in this video? Mtchew.

He knows he can't try that in California. He would be on the evening news. He's still got most of his Nigerian agberoness in him. That's why he thinks he can cut corners. Who's he making the video for? So we will clap for him for driving without a license? Agbaya undecided

And maybe the police was right about hemp particles everywhere in the car. That means he might have been driving while cognitively impaired.

2 Likes

Re: California-Based Nigerian Queried By The Nigeria Police (video) by NaLaugh: 6:32pm On Aug 08, 2016
loomer:

I washed the video and honestly didn't see any harassment. Him no get drivers licence and he's driving .

And by the way, na so person wey them born and brought up for abroad dey sound?

There was certainly no harassment in the video, as the cop was only asking for routine documentation. He wasn't aggressive either.
Although, the "hemp" bit sounded like an overreach.
Re: California-Based Nigerian Queried By The Nigeria Police (video) by loomer: 6:48pm On Aug 08, 2016
NaLaugh:

There was certainly no harassment in the video, as the cop was only asking for routine documentation. He wasn't aggressive either.
Although, the "hemp" bit sounded like an overreach.

So why everyone dey condemn the officer? What if na stollen vehicle self
Re: California-Based Nigerian Queried By The Nigeria Police (video) by okikiosibodu(m): 7:18pm On Aug 08, 2016
Na wa o

Re: California-Based Nigerian Queried By The Nigeria Police (video) by pablus: 9:35pm On Aug 08, 2016
he wasn't harassed IMO. obviously he didn't have a drivers license on him. try that in parts of the US and the police here could even kill you, especially as a black man.
Re: California-Based Nigerian Queried By The Nigeria Police (video) by Lucasbalo(m): 5:38am On Aug 09, 2016
gbosaa:

I was going to say the same thing. There was no mention of 'roger', bribe or any of that. Police simply demanded that he show his driving licence.
Being from the USA is no excuse not to show his driving licence. He should have applied for international driving permit and being in Nigeria for a couple of months as he said, that's enough time to have gotten his Nigeria driving licence.

I don't like Naija police but on this occasion, I can't fault them. Btw they claimed that the man had bits of hemp in his car. Those should be tested and he should explain how the hemp got into his car if they turn out positive.

Samples like that can cost someone his head and neck in countries like Indonesia,Malaysia etc.
He can even drive with his California Drivers Licence for 90 days. That's what I do whenever I visit Nigeria and I have been stopped couple times without any problem.

1 Like

Re: California-Based Nigerian Queried By The Nigeria Police (video) by Sarang(f): 5:39am On Aug 09, 2016
He said he paid and he had his reciept and plate as evidence.

What more do they want? It's not like Nigeria is a country where you pay for stuff like that and get it asap.

Thieves!! Police ko.

At Pablus,that one is different,it is fueled by racism.

This one is is fueled by lawlessness by the people who supposedly had to protect it's citizens.
Re: California-Based Nigerian Queried By The Nigeria Police (video) by Sarang(f): 5:42am On Aug 09, 2016
cococandy:
He was driving without license. What did the police do wrong in this video? Mtchew.

He knows he can't try that in California. He would be on the evening news. He's still got most of his Nigerian agberoness in him. That's why he thinks he can cut corners. Who's he making the video for? So we will clap for him for driving without a license? Agbaya undecided

And maybe the police was right about hemp particles everywhere in the car. That means he might have been driving while cognitively impaired.

In the video he might just be trying to protect himself since they do that a lot in the US. Nigeria is no different,police kill people here too...just no one is able to speak.
Re: California-Based Nigerian Queried By The Nigeria Police (video) by chccho(m): 10:26am On Aug 09, 2016
Sarang:
He said he paid and he had his reciept and plate as evidence.

What more do they want? It's not like Nigeria is a country where you pay for stuff like that and get it asap.

Thieves!! Police ko.

At Pablus,that one is different,it is fueled by racism.

This one is is fueled by lawlessness by the people who supposedly had to protect it's citizens.
Pls why do people like u just spew garbage?? It seems some of u are deaf or don't understand English? Where in that clip was he able to provide evidence of payment for a license How was the police wrong in this situation?
Re: California-Based Nigerian Queried By The Nigeria Police (video) by Sarang(f): 3:57pm On Aug 09, 2016
chccho:

Pls why do people like u just spew garbage?? It seems some of u are deaf or don't understand English? Where in that clip was he able to provide evidence of payment for a license How was the police wrong in this situation?

Are you sure you saw the video. Garbage ko garbage ni
Re: California-Based Nigerian Queried By The Nigeria Police (video) by chccho(m): 7:09pm On Aug 09, 2016
Sarang:

Are you sure you saw the video. Garbage ko garbage ni
If u truly watched the video then tell us where he was able to provide a driver's license or evidence of payment for one
Re: California-Based Nigerian Queried By The Nigeria Police (video) by mikolo80: 9:15pm On Aug 10, 2016
flyca:
Shame! Shame! Shame!!

How I just wish Nigeria will be recolonised. Its either we didn't learn properly from the first attempt or that the lessons from the first attempt have already faded. Either way, I wish that once more, the white man will come to our rescue.

Appendage: You can bash me all you want, you won't get a reply from me. But think! How is it that things work, life is organized (almost a near perfect life) abroad but nothing works in Nigeria? We need oyibo people to come back and show us again.
cowardice is our problem.
Case in point, running from bashing instead of facing it to logical conclusion
Re: California-Based Nigerian Queried By The Nigeria Police (video) by mikolo80: 9:16pm On Aug 10, 2016
flyca:
Shame! Shame! Shame!!

How I just wish Nigeria will be recolonised. Its either we didn't learn properly from the first attempt or that the lessons from the first attempt have already faded. Either way, I wish that once more, the white man will come to our rescue.

Appendage: You can bash me all you want, you won't get a reply from me. But think! How is it that things work, life is organized (almost a near perfect life) abroad but nothing works in Nigeria? We need oyibo people to come back and show us again.
cowardice is our problem.
No one wants to jail/punish their family and friends for Stoopid behaviour
Case in point, running from bashing instead of facing it to logical conclusion
Re: California-Based Nigerian Queried By The Nigeria Police (video) by mikolo80: 9:22pm On Aug 10, 2016
henrydadon:
angry

they do that all the time foolish custom and police..extorting money from u just because u want to travel..

Nigerians we are our own worst enemy.

passing through MMA international is like war for me..hungry set of people.

i bet this is the last time he would visit this country he calls his fatherland
if everybody run comot, who o con fix am
Re: California-Based Nigerian Queried By The Nigeria Police (video) by mikolo80: 9:24pm On Aug 10, 2016
limitless777:
Thanks to GOD they didn't find $s on him.....would have murdered him and make away with it.

but Y will he drive wdt driver's license?
dey born am well may im try am for California?
chi chi ko, Chris Brown ni.
o o o
So na Wetin happen be dat sef
Na in mumu pipu de sentiment upandan
Re: California-Based Nigerian Queried By The Nigeria Police (video) by GloriaNinja(f): 8:19am On Aug 11, 2016
Stegomiah:

Even in good economy our police force is almost always a joke
ALWAYS TRUE
Re: California-Based Nigerian Queried By The Nigeria Police (video) by GloriaNinja(f): 8:22am On Aug 11, 2016
vodutive:

please stop that...don't be using economy as excuse for Nigeria Police. Theyve been bad since the time of Moses! it's only Nigeria Police that will wear uniform and slippers!!
bad economy or not, they are still bad
Re: California-Based Nigerian Queried By The Nigeria Police (video) by GloriaNinja(f): 8:24am On Aug 11, 2016
Ijaya123:

Were you born yesterday? If not, you would have known that is the way of the Nigerian police.
I have always known, so don't try to lecture me.
Re: California-Based Nigerian Queried By The Nigeria Police (video) by GloriaNinja(f): 8:25am On Aug 11, 2016
rabex123:
make we hear word.abeg.bad economy is mo excuse for anything
if you want to hear word. I suggest you quit Nairaland.
Re: California-Based Nigerian Queried By The Nigeria Police (video) by GloriaNinja(f): 8:26am On Aug 11, 2016
NaLaugh:

I'm trying to figure out what era in history the NPF wasn't a monumental joke?
Nigeria herself is a joke too,.
Re: California-Based Nigerian Queried By The Nigeria Police (video) by mikolo80: 3:24pm On Aug 29, 2016
oyek691:
God.... please help your people.
Abeg tell me even if the guy won do something nice 4 for africa shey him go still do am??
Just because of 100# , this guys will embarass you like Mad.
so you abandon your plan due to any slight obstacle. Hmm I see
Re: California-Based Nigerian Queried By The Nigeria Police (video) by mikolo80: 3:25pm On Aug 29, 2016
henrydadon:
angry

they do that all the time foolish custom and police..extorting money from u just because u want to travel..
[b] no they do that because you don't have papers

Nigerians we are our own worst enemy.

passing through MMA international is like war for me..hungry set of people.

i bet this is the last time he would visit this country he calls his fatherland [/b]
not everyone is as thin skinned as you
Re: California-Based Nigerian Queried By The Nigeria Police (video) by bantudra: 4:53pm On Aug 29, 2016
look this mumu..what makes him think,he can come to nigeria and drive without licence..??

our police is even taking it,with him cool sef..

in america,maybe the white police would have shoot him...!...

nonesense..they think they can behave in nigeria as they like,like in a law-less land.....

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Police Exhume 6 Decomposing Bodies Including Kidnap Victims In Benue (Graphic) / 60-Year-Old Man Defiles 4-Year-Old Girl In Benue, Escapes Lynching (Photo) / Man In Military Uniform Seen Intimidating Other Road Users With A Gun

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.