Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,846 members, 7,810,260 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:22 AM

I Substituted Mata Because He Was The ‘Smallest Player’ – Mourinho - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / I Substituted Mata Because He Was The ‘Smallest Player’ – Mourinho (41127 Views)

Hazard Mocks Mourinho After Chelsea Win Against Burnley / 10 Reasons Mourinho Is The Wrong Man For Man Utd! / Breaking News: Mourinho Is Man Utds New Manager (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Substituted Mata Because He Was The ‘Smallest Player’ – Mourinho by Geeflow(m): 3:25pm On Aug 08, 2016
Jay542:

And you prefer Lingard? Lol. Be real. He's still the best choice you've got.
dat does'nt ansa d question,wot has mata contribute since joinin united?
Re: I Substituted Mata Because He Was The ‘Smallest Player’ – Mourinho by vislabraye(m): 3:26pm On Aug 08, 2016
Dimourgos:
jose does have a point, Mata happens to be the shortest player on the pitch. and In such condition Leicester is more likely to use aerial ball to attack United using mata as a week point. I am not a fan of mourinho but let's be frank mourinho is really tactical.

Nah !! Mo has no point. Sanchez of Arsenal played when Arsenal beat Leicester city in both legs. Mata is an attacking midfielder, there are other people who can complement his height.
Re: I Substituted Mata Because He Was The ‘Smallest Player’ – Mourinho by Princefrankie1(m): 3:33pm On Aug 08, 2016
Mikehell:
Seriously he need to take out Mata, infact bringing him in was a mistake cuz mata didnt have the strenght for such physical games.... jez look at the work baily did? i think he is ryt on that cuz Mata was one the guyz dat gave leicester city the edge 2 seasons ago against united with their 5-3 win

Is football all about physicality?? You people easily buy every lie mourinho sells, because he is mourinho. Smh.

When Mata was at Chelsea before mourinho came and disorganised everything, wasn't he playing every game? Wasn't he the best playmaker in Chelsea and Epl in general? Mcheeeeeews.!!

Physicality physicality. Person no go hear. Is Lingard more physical than Juan Mata? Mata wey don play against stronger teams in the champions League, e come be Liecester.

I am Chelsea fan, I was so upset when he ostracised Mata at chelsea,, and when I realised mourinho was going to take over at man utd, I knew that was the end for Mata at utd.

Just a few months into his(mourinho) utd career, he has started his troublesome antics. Banishing Shweinsteiger to the youth team, and now Mata.

Bros abeg I no dey vex for you o, I am no just happy because Mata is a player I admire so much.
Anyways, *Your CHOICE is your VOICE*

1 Like

Re: I Substituted Mata Because He Was The ‘Smallest Player’ – Mourinho by Jay542(m): 3:34pm On Aug 08, 2016
Kgdavid:

The right of the player to complain about foul treatment (if any) is partly determined by his usefulness to the club which can be measured in terms of his cost to productivity ratio. Please tell me one thing Mata brings that is special and indispensible to Man Utd

Besides money was only 1 point i raised out of 5
Mata brings stability to the team.
Mata is an established playèr.
Mata is near excellent at set pieces.
Mata is an experienced player.
Mata goes deeper to be able to lay crossers when In need for area ball.
Mata brings fear to the opposite team before play.

1 Like

Re: I Substituted Mata Because He Was The ‘Smallest Player’ – Mourinho by Nobody: 3:35pm On Aug 08, 2016
Mikehell:
Seriously he need to take out Mata, infact bringing him in was a mistake cuz mata didnt have the strenght for such physical games.... jez look at the work baily did? i think he is ryt on that cuz Mata was one the guyz dat gave leicester city the edge 2 seasons ago against united with their 5-3 win
Why did he bring him on in the first place?
Re: I Substituted Mata Because He Was The ‘Smallest Player’ – Mourinho by Geeflow(m): 3:38pm On Aug 08, 2016
Jay542:

Una go feel am if mata go. No player of his status is available. Mou no just believe the guy but he's a very fantastic player.
he his fantastic oo doubt,bt wot has really done for united eva since joinin man u?
Re: I Substituted Mata Because He Was The ‘Smallest Player’ – Mourinho by Gebbson007(m): 3:45pm On Aug 08, 2016
Jay542:

No doubt. ChelseaFC all the way.
Lol ...I no go tlk I no b EPL fan
FCB fan

1 Like

Re: I Substituted Mata Because He Was The ‘Smallest Player’ – Mourinho by Geeflow(m): 3:48pm On Aug 08, 2016
Princefrankie1:

Is football all about physicality?? You people easily buy every lie mourinho sells, because he is mourinho. Smh.

When Mata was at Chelsea before mourinho came and disorganised everything, wasn't he playing every game? Wasn't he the best playmaker in Chelsea and Epl in general? Mcheeeeeews.!!

Physicality physicality. Person no go hear. Is Lingard more physical than Juan Mata? Mata wey don play against stronger teams in the champions League, e come be Liecester.

I am Chelsea fan, I was so upset when he ostracised Mata at chelsea,, and when I realised mourinho was going to take over at man utd, I knew that was the end for Mata at utd.

Just a few months into his(mourinho) utd career, he has started his troublesome antics. Banishing Shweinsteiger to the youth team, and now Mata.

Bros abeg I no dey vex for you o, I am no just happy because Mata is a player I admire so much.
fk ur admiration over mata s
Re: I Substituted Mata Because He Was The ‘Smallest Player’ – Mourinho by Jay542(m): 3:55pm On Aug 08, 2016
Geeflow:

he his fantastic oo doubt,bt wot has really done for united eva since joinin man u?
Man Utd have not been really fantastic as a club since the departure of Fergie. But he has always gotten to the picture at crucial moments in the club. All I'm saying if Mata must go, someone of better quality have to be in the team. And for now no 1 is in the market. Mata is not the kind of player that can change a team or carry the team on him. But what he does is he brings much more useful quality to the squad which I've stated.
Re: I Substituted Mata Because He Was The ‘Smallest Player’ – Mourinho by Nobody: 3:58pm On Aug 08, 2016
I just hate this stupid man
If he were frm nigeria, he ll definitely be from the south east

1 Like

Re: I Substituted Mata Because He Was The ‘Smallest Player’ – Mourinho by Mikehell(m): 4:02pm On Aug 08, 2016
Princefrankie1:

Bro, football is nt about physical but there are some matches where players phyisque matters alot that even if u are the most talented playmaker with mata's physique and u are playing against a team filled up with high physique, bro u will certainly look like an amateur... its the fact cuz i have been there myself.....
[quote author=FrancisDiote post=48306635]
Why did he bring him on in the first place?

That was y i said it was a mistake which he correct
Re: I Substituted Mata Because He Was The ‘Smallest Player’ – Mourinho by Kgdavid(m): 4:03pm On Aug 08, 2016
Jay542:

Mata brings stability to the team.
Mata is an established playèr.
Mata is near excellent at set pieces.
Mata is an experienced player.
Mata goes deeper to be able to lay crossers when In need for area ball.
Mata brings fear to the opposite team before play.

1. Stability in terms of what exactly?

2. Established who is also mediocre at playing football these days

3. i have never once seen Mata make a quality cross into the box. inn fact it seems strange to me that you would bring tha tup given that for the past two seasons utd have been really struggling at crosses!

4. Sorry, how can he bring fear to anyone one when every single defender in the Premier league, including Per Mertesaker, knows that he is stronger than Mata, faster than Mata, taller than Mata... So what is there to fear in the Mata?? Can he dribble well? no. does he score a lot? no. Does he assist a lot? no. What does he do that contributes to victory at Man utd??

if this is your best argument for Mata then really he needs to be at a club that mtches his level...such as Everton where "stability" is truly to be praised
Re: I Substituted Mata Because He Was The ‘Smallest Player’ – Mourinho by Jay542(m): 4:05pm On Aug 08, 2016
Princefrankie1:

I taya oo. How will you sell a 2time club best player for physicality as an excuse. If he had not gotten Cesc he would have fine with nothing his next season. Cos the Oscar he relied on failed him. That what I'm trying to explain to this United fans them. If can't get a better quality then he is still all they've got. ChelseaFC all the way.
Re: I Substituted Mata Because He Was The ‘Smallest Player’ – Mourinho by Jay542(m): 4:07pm On Aug 08, 2016
Kgdavid:

1. Stability in terms of what exactly?

2. Established who is also mediocre at playing football these days

3. i have never once seen Mata make a quality cross into the box. inn fact it seems strange to me that you would bring tha tup given that for the past two seasons utd have been really struggling at crosses!

4. Sorry, how can he bring fear to anyone one when every single defender in the Premier league, including Per Mertesaker, knows that he is stronger than Mata, faster than Mata, taller than Mata... So what is there to fear in the Mata?? Can he dribble well? no. does he score a lot? no. Does he assist a lot? no. What does he do that contributes to victory at Man utd??

if this is your best argument for Mata then really he needs to be at a club that mtches his level...such as Everton where "stability" is truly to be praised
You're a joke. Call Mou to sell him oo
Re: I Substituted Mata Because He Was The ‘Smallest Player’ – Mourinho by abimic(m): 4:24pm On Aug 08, 2016
As much as mou is a great and good coach, he's gonna be disgraced in the end, he would have issues virtually with everybody, from zlatan, to lingard, to other players, to backroom staffs, to executives, to other coaches... . He's still nurturing the trouble ahead, it would backfire as it always does, always planning his own fall gradually after reaching peak!
Why bring Mata when he knew the game requires height or did he foresaw man utd would lose?
Don't Barcelona win games requiring height with Messi playing full time? silly reason to cover ineptitude.. . When I expected utd to win by four goals despite the arrivals. ..
... Leicester tried to have only conceded two goals with them netting one showing class, had they kept kante, they could have won......
Wasn't this Mata doing well in Chelsea yet, sold by this same mou.. .?
One thing I know is mou would still have a clash with zlatan, if he could clash with Eva doing her work,then not foreseeing this clash is looking ahead with the nose.
Re: I Substituted Mata Because He Was The ‘Smallest Player’ – Mourinho by abali29(m): 4:32pm On Aug 08, 2016
Mouth is a big lier. Mata is 5ft 10in while mkhitatian is 5ft 7in. So who is smaller? He just don't like mata
Re: I Substituted Mata Because He Was The ‘Smallest Player’ – Mourinho by knightsTempler: 4:32pm On Aug 08, 2016
That was classic Maureen yesterday, he did the same to Matic at Chelsea. Double subbing him. Way to go to break a players confidence, ruthless callous individual.
Re: I Substituted Mata Because He Was The ‘Smallest Player’ – Mourinho by Nobody: 4:37pm On Aug 08, 2016
Damfostopper:
How come.... Mourinho come out plain..... I neva like this man because he will only lay short term success.. Like takes incharge of a team... Win cup n leave.....
Guardiola lays a long term success... Guardiola would av been the perfect fit for my darling manchester united.... Just negodu.... Fellaini was the most useless player yesterday.. Yet u allow him play.. Mata dis... Mata That... Mourinho dnt like him simply
just because of that simple mistake from Fellaini? What was Martial's contribution to that team yesterday? Fellaini played well.
Re: I Substituted Mata Because He Was The ‘Smallest Player’ – Mourinho by Sard(m): 5:02pm On Aug 08, 2016
abali29:
Mouth is a big lier. Mata is 5ft 10in while mkhitatian is 5ft 7in. So who is smaller? He just don't like mata
Just when I thought I have had enough of the opinions of "Nigerian football experts", now you came up with your update on height.
Even the biggest critics of Mourinho used some other points to criticize him, not writing gibberish about height. For your information, Mihki is 5ft 10inc while Mata is 5ft 7in. Google it and educate yourself.
@op... as long as he won the game, his decision was okay to me.
Re: I Substituted Mata Because He Was The ‘Smallest Player’ – Mourinho by Femistico(m): 5:04pm On Aug 08, 2016
If mata is wise he should leave the club now or risk his career at utd...mourinho has sent him a message that he didn't like him at all, I just pity him yestday....how I wish chelsea can bid for him again
Re: I Substituted Mata Because He Was The ‘Smallest Player’ – Mourinho by AliJohn(m): 5:04pm On Aug 08, 2016
Mou dis is 4 ..idiot

Re: I Substituted Mata Because He Was The ‘Smallest Player’ – Mourinho by AliJohn(m): 5:09pm On Aug 08, 2016
Princefrankie1:

bro u typed my mind
Re: I Substituted Mata Because He Was The ‘Smallest Player’ – Mourinho by loswhite(m): 5:10pm On Aug 08, 2016
SerialGist:
There seem to be a strong 'beef' between Mourhino and Juan Mata. The moment Man-U announced Mourhino was their coach, i knew Mata and others were in for some big sh!t. The embarrassment is getting too much and if i were Mata, i would make sure i bid farewell to the club. As for Mourhino, he better be careful. He may as well be a failure in Man-U.
but the new guy from Germany did not play @ all now so I don't understand the noise abt Mata. They removed him to kill time...haba just 1 mins when him no play nai be all this noise. He should leave to another club if he is not ready to sacrifice for the team

1 Like

Re: I Substituted Mata Because He Was The ‘Smallest Player’ – Mourinho by Alhajipablo(m): 5:16pm On Aug 08, 2016
MAGNETIC:
Help me with this
oga na 48k U owe ur papa and Mama now since u don return 1k each to dem.48+48 plus that extra 1k with=97k plus that 3k extra =100 k
Re: I Substituted Mata Because He Was The ‘Smallest Player’ – Mourinho by wtfCode: 5:18pm On Aug 08, 2016
Mourinho hasn't disclosed what's really going on btw the 2 of 'em angry
Re: I Substituted Mata Because He Was The ‘Smallest Player’ – Mourinho by Nobody: 5:19pm On Aug 08, 2016
MAGNETIC:
Help me with this

Why must you borrow more than 97k and return the 3k. Na you wan confuse yourself simple.

1 Like

Re: I Substituted Mata Because He Was The ‘Smallest Player’ – Mourinho by loswhite(m): 5:24pm On Aug 08, 2016
Jay542:

The players wanted Mou out. They lost games unnecessarily. Hazard wasn't at his best. Mou always backed his players during his press conferences yet he was betrayed. The last Mou match said it all.
the players love Evan caneiro....lol so her absence affected their forms. They were missing the babe
Re: I Substituted Mata Because He Was The ‘Smallest Player’ – Mourinho by fawaban(m): 5:33pm On Aug 08, 2016
Re: I Substituted Mata Because He Was The ‘Smallest Player’ – Mourinho by loswhite(m): 5:35pm On Aug 08, 2016
Alhajipablo:
oga na 48k U owe ur papa and Mama now since u don return 1k each to dem.48+48 plus that extra 1k with=97k plus that 3k extra =100 k
you borrow 50k and return 1k how does that equal to 48k...lol. You no evening stool u dey atend
Re: I Substituted Mata Because He Was The ‘Smallest Player’ – Mourinho by loswhite(m): 5:36pm On Aug 08, 2016
Alhajipablo:
you borrow 50k and return 1k how does that equal to 48k...lol. Hope say no be evening skool u dey atend
Re: I Substituted Mata Because He Was The ‘Smallest Player’ – Mourinho by pek(m): 6:01pm On Aug 08, 2016
Been substituted was insult. Worse was the excuse/ reason given.
Re: I Substituted Mata Because He Was The ‘Smallest Player’ – Mourinho by Jay542(m): 6:22pm On Aug 08, 2016
loswhite:
the players love Evan caneiro....lol so her absence affected their forms. They were missing the babe
Lol. She wasn't there during hiddinks time and we win games.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Everton Vs Arsenal (2 - 2) On 23rd August 2014 / Chelsea Vs Manchester United (1 - 1) On 22nd October 2022 / Arsenal Vs Manchester United (3 - 1) On 3rd September 2023

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.