Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,894 members, 7,810,435 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 09:00 AM

Short Story: Fleeting Desire - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Short Story: Fleeting Desire (486 Views)

Teenage Desire / Hidden Desire By Blair / Flames Of Desire (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Short Story: Fleeting Desire by Appswheel(m): 12:45pm On Aug 08, 2016
“This moment could bring to pass your fantasy of owning a car next week, this is your chance, and you either take it or lose it?” Chuks nodded in agreement with Segun. “I will take it”, Chuks affirmed. He continued, “You know I always have my way with ladies, Sandra will not be different”. Wiping the sweat on his face with a handkerchief, Chuks muttered, “I will take my chance”. I see no reason why you should be sweating in an air conditioned room chided Segun.

Located at the elitist area of Lagos, Chalis lounge was the choice destination for the influential and successful residents of Lekki - especially on Fridays. Segun is a regular visitor to the lounge and though not friends with Sandra, he knew her to be a successful spinster who might be dying for love and would do anything for the lucky man who ends up as her lover.

“I owe you a lot Segun” said Chuks, admiring the oil paintings, abstract drawings and art works that adorned the interiors of Chalis lounge. Chuks though from an average family takes pleasure in hanging out with the affluent.

“Hey Chuks, she is around”, whispered Segun, her fragrance announces her arrival. Catching a glimpse of her, Chuks exclaims, “Wow”. “Give her some time to settle then go ahead to bamboozle her with your love rhymes, remember your nickname, ‘wordsmith’, you earned it” Segun said reassuringly.

Chuks approached Sandra’s table beaming seductively. “Hello beautiful, I guess you are not here alone, can I keep you company before your date arrives?” My name is Chuks. “Hi, I am Sandra, if you insist, you can have your sit”. “That’s so kind of you”, replied Chuks. “I am a banker, I came here alone and a little bored, that’s why I decided to join you at your table, can I buy you a drink?” The silence that followed was unsettling, her stare seemed to sum up his net worth. Chuks took her silence for a Yes. He instructed a waiter, “Take her order and let me have the bills, I will be fine with a bottle of Coke”.

As she ate her fried chips, Chuks served her sweet words freshly baked from his head, “Sandra, meeting you today is divine. I have not seen your shade of beauty my whole life. I nearly aborted my plan of coming here due to my faulty car, I had to use a friend’s car. I never knew I was being lead to an Angel”. Bursting with smiles, Sandra replied “I have never being so flattered all my life, thanks for the compliments anyways”. Her disposition dramatically changed, from being cautious and reserved to being friendly and wild.

“Chuks, you are such a handsome guy, I have a fleet of cars, and you can have one to replace your faulty vehicle”. Pulling him by the cheeks, she pressed his lips against hers, “give me a kiss” pleaded Sandra. “Let’s pay for a room so we can have some privacy”, suggested Chuks.

On their way home, Chuks still confounded by Sandra’s sudden approval of him, he shared the details with Segun, “I can’t understand what happened to her after the drink. She totally fell for my words”. “Yipee, Yipee” exclaimed Segun, “I got the waiter to poison her drink with a love portion”. Chuks starred at him in disbelief, “You did what….?”

About 7:30 am on Saturday morning, Chuks’s Phone rang. He could recognize the callers voice “Hello, Sandra, how are you today?” She cut him short, “Did you make love to me last night? Are you still alive?” These questions unsettled him, Sandra continued, “The two men that have ever made love to me died mysteriously within 24 hours of making love to me, a mysterious disease”. Chuks cut in, “Please is there ….” The line went silent.

Ringing her back, Chuks stammered “Sandra what is the remeeeddddy, I don’t want to die”. “I don’t know what came over me last night Chuks, I shouldn’t have allowed you make love to me”. “Given that you are still alive, the only known solution is for you to dance naked at a market place on or before 12noon today”.

Segun stood stifled with grief at Chuk’s graveside. The priest ended the funeral rites with “dust we are and to dust we must return”.
Does this story hold any lesson….. share your thoughts with me.

Lets hookup @ www.olorunfemibabatunde.com

(1) (Reply)

Showcase Your Blog And Get More Comments And Subscribers / Where Is Fantasyisland? / Me And My Book

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.