Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,113 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:23 PM

Role Of Mothers In Her Children's Relationship - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Role Of Mothers In Her Children's Relationship (1074 Views)

Few Points On Parent -children Relationship / Experienced Mothers In The House / Why Do Some Mothers-In-law Always Maltreat Their Daughters-In-laws? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Role Of Mothers In Her Children's Relationship by fellow(m): 9:17am On Dec 09, 2006
There was this girl i met last 2 years and we hit it off immediately but then the problem from her household which the main culprit was her mother came to the front.
i could bet on my whole life that her mum didn't like me despite the fact that i looked presentable. I stopped going to her house cause of this and the so called relationship dwindled and eventually died(if i may say so). After a year i went up to see her and she introduced me to her boyfriend. Shocked beyond words i withdrew back into my playa's mandate.
But recently i called her up and said we needed to talk and she was so happy i called and it was quite evident that she had a lot to talk about.
But the basis is even if we still hook up her mother would still be a critical issue.
My question, What should be the role of the mother in her children's relationship? Scare potential suitors? or Welcome everybody?
Re: Role Of Mothers In Her Children's Relationship by sammyjl(f): 11:25am On May 29, 2007
shocked I believe that a parent can only give advice to her children, but she must not interfere in the relationship, because her children prefer certain people whom they would like to be with and may necssarily not be good enough for the mother but are good enough to the children, I mean we all have our tastes.

Mothers must stay out of their children's relationship, except perharps advice them.
Re: Role Of Mothers In Her Children's Relationship by NubianQ(f): 5:37pm On May 15, 2008
am suprised this is the case with a woman, it normally happens to men where their mothers want to strangle any potential daughter inlaw or even present daughter in laws,

i think parents should back off and let people make up their minds about how their love goes, thanks to nosy parents some people are not married today and some married people are not happy in their relationships.
Re: Role Of Mothers In Her Children's Relationship by bigfather(m): 6:46pm On May 15, 2008
Some mothers can be right sometimes though but they are just there to give the guideline. grin

(1) (Reply)

Marry A Girl Who Has A Child From Previous Relationship / Can I Still Set My Eyes On Her Again? / Why I’m Still Producing Babies At 81

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.