Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,763 members, 7,820,667 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:08 PM

I Want To Use My Degree To Get Loan In Order To Start Transport Business. - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / I Want To Use My Degree To Get Loan In Order To Start Transport Business. (1272 Views)

Gtbank Debunks Rumours Of Court Order To Pay N12b To Innoson Boss / Ten Things Wrong With The Order To Forfeit Sums In Account Not Linked To BVN / How To Start Transport And Haulage Business In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Want To Use My Degree To Get Loan In Order To Start Transport Business. by LblaqueHaven(m): 8:30pm On Aug 08, 2016
I graduated some years ago and presently working with one of the leading micro lending financial institution, receiving salary that is obviously not enough especially during this economic downturn time in Nigeria.
Apparently, I am not the type that love working for someone despite the fact that I graduated with a good grade but I decided to work in a corporate environment so as to gain experience, in order to know how to handle and sustain business in Nigeria's red ocean market.
Early this year, I was not finding things funny financially as I was unable to settle bills after taking out fare from my take home that is no longer taking me anywhere, so I made up my mind to go into transport business but capital to execute the business has been a major bane for me to delve into the intra state(Lagos) transportation business that I consider to be a viable business option in Nigeria at the moment because of the necessity of it.

I want Nairalanders to please advise me on the questions below :

1. What's your take on a graduate going into transportation business (bus driver) in a state like Lagos?

2. Considering the capital involved in getting a good 18 seater bus, will it be appropriate to use my certificates as collateral to get loan from individual willing to assist me with loan that will attract little or no interest and backed with legal documents? (Obviously, I can't take loan from bank because of the high interest rate that will eat all the profit of the business).

3. What are the factors you think I should consider in doing this business? (Note: I want to drive it myself).

4. Where and who do you think can give out loan considering what I stated in question 3 ?

5. Please advise me on whatever you think will be helpful to me and the business.

Thanks as I anticipate your constructive criticism.
Re: I Want To Use My Degree To Get Loan In Order To Start Transport Business. by LblaqueHaven(m): 8:37pm On Aug 08, 2016
Cc: Honourable Lalastical, please help take this to front page. Thanks so much.
Re: I Want To Use My Degree To Get Loan In Order To Start Transport Business. by LblaqueHaven(m): 5:08am On Aug 09, 2016
Morning wonderful people, please I beg you to please counsel on one or two things concerning the the topic and those who have connection should help beg moderator to move this to front page for other meaningful contributions. Thanks.
Re: I Want To Use My Degree To Get Loan In Order To Start Transport Business. by barapistis(m): 5:51am On Aug 09, 2016
Obviously, you are puffed up with this 2. 1 ish

Business only requires intelligence and money

Combine the two above with relentless work and you land in. Success

2. 1 is not a Craterial in being good business

Remove that shit.. and you will find yourself in the front and not on front page

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Want To Use My Degree To Get Loan In Order To Start Transport Business. by mrsage(m): 8:03am On Aug 09, 2016
LblaqueHaven:
I graduated some years ago and presently working with one of the leading micro lending financial institution, receiving salary that is obviously not enough especially during this economic downturn time in Nigeria.
Apparently, I am not the type that love working for someone despite the fact that I graduated with second class upper division but I decided to work in a corporate environment so as to gain experience, in order to know how to handle and sustain business in Nigeria's red ocean market.
Early this year, I was not finding things funny financially as I was unable to settle bills after taking out fare from my take home that is no longer taking me anywhere, so I made up my mind to go into transport business but capital to execute the business has been a major bane for me to delve into the intra state(Lagos) transportation business that I consider to be a viable business option in Nigeria at the moment because of the necessity of it.

I want Nairalanders to please advise me on the questions below :

1. What's your take on a 2.1 graduate going into transportation business (bus driver) in a state like Lagos?

2. Considering the capital involved in getting a good 18 seater bus, will it be appropriate to use my certificates as collateral to get loan from individual willing to assist me with loan that will attract little or no interest and backed with a legal documents? (Obviously, I can't take loan from bank because of the high interest rate that will eat all the profit of the business).

3. What are the factors you think I should consider in doing this business? (Note: I want to drive it myself).

4. Where and who do you think can give out loan considering what I stated in question 3 ?

5. Please advise me on whatever you think will be helpful to me and the business.

Thanks as I anticipate your constructive criticism.

Bros.

I'm a graduate and I'm also into transportation business.

First forget your grades or university achievement. Nobody cares really.

The business environment is like a battle field.

Second point. Why do you want to drive a bus? Do you have the passion ? Do you have the physical capacity? Just provide honest answers.

From my experience, educated guys function better in the Car Hire / taxi segment of the market. However you can still operate in the mass transit bus segment if you have what it takes.

It's obvious you don't have the resources to buy a bus for now. I suggest you start by signing up as an uber driver. Start as an employee first.

With your education you stand a chance of passing the uber driver accessment. Then you hook up with a partner and start up as a driver.

With this you will learn the basics of transportation business. This learning experience is very important.

You need to learn on the streets. Learn how to deal with customers, law enforcement, other drivers etc.

The opportunities are numerous but I urge you to start from scratch and start with what you can easily get then with time you step up gradually.

3 Likes

Re: I Want To Use My Degree To Get Loan In Order To Start Transport Business. by okusbaba(m): 9:11am On Aug 09, 2016
irrespective of your certificate i believe your major challenge here is finance. i can help u out, send me a mail ehuikeokus@gmail.com. I will tell u how to get the required money without collateral.
Re: I Want To Use My Degree To Get Loan In Order To Start Transport Business. by LblaqueHaven(m): 9:49am On Aug 09, 2016
barapistis:
Obviously, you are puffed up with this 2. 1 ish

Business only requires intelligence and money

Combine the two above with relentless work and you land in. Success

2. 1 is not a Craterial in being good business

Remove that shit.. and you will find yourself in the front and not on front page

Honestly, I appreciate your contribution. I am not puffed by any grade, I have never been moved by it and if I am, I would not be saying I want to trade with it. I went to school by selling by the road side and I have never been a lover of whatever collar job. Thanks all the same sir, I appreciate your time.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Want To Use My Degree To Get Loan In Order To Start Transport Business. by lexylexy(m): 9:51am On Aug 09, 2016
mrsage:

Bros.

Second point. Why do you want to drive a bus? Do you have the passion ? Do you have the physical capacity? Just provide honest answers.

From my experience, educated guys function better in the Car Hire / taxi segment of the market. However you can still operate in the mass transit bus segment if you have what it takes.

It's obvious you don't have the resources to buy a bus for now. I suggest you start by signing up as an uber driver. Start as an employee first.

With your education you stand a chance of passing the uber driver accessment. Then you hook up with a partner and start up as a driver.

With this you will learn the basics of transportation business. This learning experience is very important.

You need to learn on the streets. Learn how to deal with customers, law enforcement, other drivers etc.

The opportunities are numerous but I urge you to start from scratch and start with what you can easily get then with time you step up gradually.

Thanks guy,u jst spoke ma mind. In addition,nobody wuld give u loan with 2.1 as collateral,not even with 1st class. U need to start as a driver,gain experience and then u culd get a bus on hirepurchase.and to answeR ur ?

1.Nothing bad but believe me,no big deal abt 2.1,

2.Not appropriate infact not applicable unless from a well to do friend.u can get loan but not wit cert.

3.Capital,fuel,risk,latsma,VIO,police,

4.No idea,but u can ask around.

5.Experience,
Re: I Want To Use My Degree To Get Loan In Order To Start Transport Business. by LblaqueHaven(m): 10:05am On Aug 09, 2016
mrsage:

Bros.

Thanks so much for your contribution, I decided to drive myself because of the types of drivers we have, they always have a lie to tell at every point in time and secondly I don't know much about the Uber cab like that of bus transportation.
Re: I Want To Use My Degree To Get Loan In Order To Start Transport Business. by LblaqueHaven(m): 10:16am On Aug 09, 2016
lexylexy:

Thanks guy,u jst spoke ma mind. In addition,nobody wuld give u loan with 2.1 as collateral,not even with 1st class. U need to start as a driver,gain experience and then u culd get a bus on hirepurchase.and to answeR ur ?

1.Nothing bad but believe me,no big deal abt 2.1,

2.Not appropriate infact not applicable unless from a well to do friend.u can get loan but not wit cert.

3.Capital,fuel,risk,latsma,VIO,police,

4.No idea,but u can ask around.

5.Experience,
Thank you so much sir.
Re: I Want To Use My Degree To Get Loan In Order To Start Transport Business. by LblaqueHaven(m): 10:18am On Aug 09, 2016
okusbaba:
irrespective of your certificate i believe your major challenge here is finance. i can help u out, send me a mail ehuikeokus@gmail.com. I will tell u how to get the required money without collateral.

Sir, I have sent you a mail. Please check, as I anticipate your positive response.
Re: I Want To Use My Degree To Get Loan In Order To Start Transport Business. by okusbaba(m): 9:33pm On Aug 09, 2016
LblaqueHaven:

Sir, I have sent you a mail. Please check, as I anticipate your positive response.
I have replied you sir
Re: I Want To Use My Degree To Get Loan In Order To Start Transport Business. by okusbaba(m): 9:35pm On Aug 09, 2016
LblaqueHaven:

i have replied you sir.check your mail

(1) (Reply)

I Lost N25m To MMM – MC Galaxy / 50 Ton Of Carton, 50 Ton Of Excercise Book And 50 Ton Of Nylon Needed Monthly / Exchange Rates: Naira VS Other African Currencies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.