Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,681 members, 7,809,579 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:35 AM

How To Promote My Artwork In Nigeria And Around The World? - Art, Graphics & Video - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Art, Graphics & Video / How To Promote My Artwork In Nigeria And Around The World? (1521 Views)

My artwork archive / Artwork Made With Coca-Cola Bottles By A YABATECH Student (Photos) / My Artwork - Oluwathanks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Promote My Artwork In Nigeria And Around The World? by Nobody: 5:06am On Aug 09, 2016
Hi everyone,

I'm an artist and interested in promoting my artwork in Nigeria or in various countries around the world. I live in New York, USA. I'm attaching some of my work with this post but to see my artworks check out my artist's blog: http:// darasunbubbles.tumblr.com

I love to draw, paint, and create freely. I hope to not only share my art with the world but to meet or work with fellow artists. I believe art is about expression not perfection. cheesy

Thanks for checking out my blog and pics. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. smiley

1 Like

Re: How To Promote My Artwork In Nigeria And Around The World? by feldido(m): 6:01am On Aug 09, 2016
Its good you started from your blog, with it u can have a wider coverage.
Art doesn't pay here as much as it is outside Nigeria and besides these works I'm seeing are not really indigenous but they are beautiful, I think you should work with the fashion industry as it suits your concepts more.

Goodluck to you

1 Like

Re: How To Promote My Artwork In Nigeria And Around The World? by Nobody: 6:48am On Aug 09, 2016
Thank you very much smiley
Re: How To Promote My Artwork In Nigeria And Around The World? by lodscott(m): 7:58pm On Aug 09, 2016
SunladyD:
Thank you very much smiley

they are lovely pieces, we have the internet now, there are many sites you can use to sell your art. from what I can see, it seems youre leaning more towards surface pattern design. which is cul. so I'd suggest checking out patternbank.com. you can also get intouch with some textile companies.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How To Promote My Artwork In Nigeria And Around The World? by Nobody: 8:30pm On Aug 09, 2016
Lodscott

Thanks so much for the compliment and info. You're right, I'm very interested in textiles and patterns. I hope to see my patterns onto items such as bed sheets or pillowcases. I'll definitely check out the site you suggested. Thanks again!! smiley
Re: How To Promote My Artwork In Nigeria And Around The World? by denpen(m): 7:19am On Aug 10, 2016
This beautiful love the work and the flow!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How To Promote My Artwork In Nigeria And Around The World? by Nobody: 8:41am On Aug 10, 2016
Denpen

Thank you so much for your lovely compliment of my artwork. It means a lot!! smiley
Re: How To Promote My Artwork In Nigeria And Around The World? by lodscott(m): 12:39pm On Aug 10, 2016
SunladyD:
Lodscott

Thanks so much for the compliment and info. You're right, I'm very interested in textiles and patterns. I hope to see my patterns onto items such as bed sheets or pillowcases. I'll definitely check out the site you suggested. Thanks again!! smiley

I hope so too. you can send a softcopy portfolio to textile companies emails, you never know. let me know how it goes with the patternbank website.cheers

1 Like

Re: How To Promote My Artwork In Nigeria And Around The World? by faceland: 10:12pm On Aug 10, 2016
It seems you are already on the right track (know what you are doing). keep bringing traffic to your blog and create a lot of art. From experience, buyers want to INVEST in an artist that in it till the end of their life. So develop a good work ethic if you want to go pro. Then you can confidently contact local galleries and give social media a try. If your doing it right, you would know.

Being a successful artist is NOT a days job.

Finally, use Google regularly. Many free blog post and article about promoting your art.

1 Like

Re: How To Promote My Artwork In Nigeria And Around The World? by Nobody: 11:56pm On Aug 10, 2016
lodscott:

I hope so too. you can send a softcopy portfolio to textile companies emails, you never know. let me know how it goes with the patternbank website.cheers

Thanks for the advice. I will certainly let you know how everything goes! Thanks so much smiley

1 Like

Re: How To Promote My Artwork In Nigeria And Around The World? by Nobody: 11:58pm On Aug 10, 2016
faceland:
It seems you are already on the right track (know what you are doing). keep bringing traffic to your blog and create a lot of art. From experience, buyers want to INVEST in an artist that in it till the end of their life. So develop a good work ethic if you want to go pro. Then you can confidently contact local galleries and give social media a try. If your doing it right, you would know.

Being a successful artist is NOT a days job.

Finally, use Google regularly. Many free blog post and article about promoting your art.

Thanks so much for your advice. I agree with you, this s certainly not a day job. I've been reading a lot of blogs on art promotion and selling which I find helpful. I appreciate the feedback here as well, because it not only helps in this process but helps in my confidence. So thanks again smiley

1 Like

Re: How To Promote My Artwork In Nigeria And Around The World? by faceland: 12:08am On Aug 17, 2021
I remember this post from many years ago.

f#%$! I have been on this website for too long. No wonder they keep banning me.

Just promoting my latest video for upcoming kid artist;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FOaJV5STMKY

(1) (Reply)

Is Maya The Best For 3d? / 3dnigeria.com Launches Training Dvd Series / Flash Animation Software

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.