Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,882 members, 7,810,388 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 08:10 AM

Ppp Link Error - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Ppp Link Error (1240 Views)

How To Fix Windows 7 Not Genuine Error-“copy Of Windows Is Not Genuine" / Free Server: Iii-www-ppp / Help Urgently! Error 734: The Ppp Control Protocol Was Terminated (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ppp Link Error by adewaleafolabi(m): 12:32pm On Dec 09, 2006
plz am trying to connect to the internet through my motorola l6 and celtel line and i get this ppp error also when i try motorola phone tools it gives another error. i used to browse without this problem before i reinstalled windows. plz its making me go crazy
Re: Ppp Link Error by 1forall: 12:57pm On Dec 09, 2006
Theres no need to go crazy, use an internet cafe pending when customer service fixes d prob!
Re: Ppp Link Error by adewaleafolabi(m): 6:50pm On Dec 09, 2006
this isn't a customer service issue its something i experienced but i know theres a way out i can't just figure out how
Re: Ppp Link Error by konari(m): 9:44pm On Dec 09, 2006
SEUN PLS I URGENTLY NEED YOUR HELP WITH A FEW THINGS,
FIRST OF ALL I DONT KNOW HOW TO START A FRESH POST ON THIS FORUM I ONY KNOW HOW TO REPLY BECAUSE ALL I SIMPLY DO IS CLICK 'REPLY'
THE MOST PERTINIENT ISSUE IS THAT I CANT ACCESS YAHOO AND HOTMAIL BOXWS WHEN I'M BROWSING CONNECTING WITH CELTE LINE. PLS I NEED YOUR HELP ON THIS ISSUE, I LOOK FORWARD TO YOUR RESPONSE, HAVE A NICE ONE!
Re: Ppp Link Error by 1forall: 7:32am On Dec 10, 2006
Heard from a friend that works at celtel that theyve been having some issues with their wap/gprs services, theyre not taking on new wap subscribers and some old ones have been knocked off. He doesnt know exactly when it'll be over but says 'soon'. Sorry.
Re: Ppp Link Error by adewaleafolabi(m): 12:58pm On Dec 10, 2006
well i still browse on my phone with ease but i don't know what causes the ppp link error
Re: Ppp Link Error by adewaleafolabi(m): 1:02pm On Dec 10, 2006
@konari if its on your phone u can't open yahoo then try downloading opera mini hope you have internet settings and not wap on ur phone since opera works only with internet
Re: Ppp Link Error by sbucareer(f): 6:41pm On Dec 12, 2006

adewaleafolabi is right. Be patient, usually PPP (Point to Point Protocol. Protocol encapsulating a connection to a TCP/IP network through a modem and a telephone line.
) error is network issues. Your network interface hence GPRS/Modem/CDMA is not able to establish a reliable connection to the network.

This error is well known and documented in the error message of your ISP website for connection failure.
Re: Ppp Link Error by Wilfem(m): 10:19pm On Dec 13, 2006
Hi adewaleafolabi, I think I have a solution to your problem with your Dial up internet connection on pc. But I'll like to ask if you're sure that you've used the particular phone (Motorola L6) as a modem to browse on your pc? Moreso are your phone configurations intact and untampered? If so, I think it'll have to do with one or two adjustments on your pc.

whatever you want to discuss, discuss it here please
Re: Ppp Link Error by adewaleafolabi(m): 10:21am On Dec 14, 2006
i've been browsing with this same phone with the same settings and with the same pc. i have internet settings thats why i can use opera mini the only new thing is that i reformated the pc. but i could remember that the first time i ever tried using my phone to connect on my pc it gave this same error but after some time the error stopped(on the previous install of windows) . but could only connect through the moto phone tools as the normal windows dialup gave this same error. But its a week now and it refuses to make the connection
Re: Ppp Link Error by Wilfem(m): 5:25pm On Dec 14, 2006
Ok afolabi, what about the internet proxy settings of your pc? Moreso what's your phone's DNS configuration? Can I get to know it? You can access this by going to the Web Sessions on your phone browser, these will help me to figure out what could be wrong with the connection.
Re: Ppp Link Error by adewaleafolabi(m): 7:36pm On Dec 14, 2006
i tried going to web sessions but i only get two options either to delete or set as default as their's a padlock sign on it thanks
Re: Ppp Link Error by adewaleafolabi(m): 1:25pm On Dec 15, 2006
i just took my phone to a friends place and tried it with his phone tools and worked like a charm i'll try when i get home
Re: Ppp Link Error by adewaleafolabi(m): 7:48pm On Dec 15, 2006
it's not working
Re: Ppp Link Error by Wilfem(m): 8:50pm On Dec 15, 2006
You've not answered one of my questions I asked, I mean the proxy settings on your pc. Are they intact/rightly configured?
Re: Ppp Link Error by adewaleafolabi(m): 9:52pm On Dec 15, 2006
how do i get my proxy settings?
Re: Ppp Link Error by sbucareer(f): 4:26am On Dec 16, 2006

This is how you get your proxy settings

Re: Ppp Link Error by adewaleafolabi(m): 8:02am On Dec 16, 2006
thanks sbucareer @wilfem proxy setting was disabled and there are no values there

(1) (Reply)

Cant Install Due To Missing Cab File / Fairly Used Canon 5d And Dvd Sony Camcorder For Sale / Get Free AVG Antivirus To Keep The Virus Away

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.