Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,446 members, 7,843,367 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 12:15 AM

The Only Time Nigeria Can Move Forward Is When Nigeria Has A Unity Leader - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Only Time Nigeria Can Move Forward Is When Nigeria Has A Unity Leader (618 Views)

Do Nigerian Embassies Around The World Open When Nigeria Has A Public Holiday? / Nigeria has finished me!! / Pictures Displaying The Hard Time Nigeria Is Going Through (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Only Time Nigeria Can Move Forward Is When Nigeria Has A Unity Leader by goldman777: 2:01pm On Aug 09, 2016
Nigeria needs a leader that will unite the people and unite the parties.a more advanced form of democracy where leaders are chosen from each region every 8 years.share your opinions

1 Like

Re: The Only Time Nigeria Can Move Forward Is When Nigeria Has A Unity Leader by Iceberg3: 11:47pm On Aug 14, 2016
goldman777:
Nigeria needs a leader that will unite the people and unite the parties.a more advanced form of democracy where leaders are chosen from each region every 8 years.share your opinions

concerned zoogeriyan..hehe

2 Likes

Re: The Only Time Nigeria Can Move Forward Is When Nigeria Has A Unity Leader by sirmose: 1:23am On Aug 15, 2016
Dictatorship in nigeria is real. Soonest, Nigerians will do Turks but now against the government and Army on one side.
If only they can return the country to where they met it before.

Meanwhile, op, why you blatantly refused to move to FP my post titled "The Plight of NDDC Scholars 2015 in Foreign Lands " is still a surprise to me and the over 200 students NDDC, besides CBN, abandoned in foreign lands to suffer untold hardship, compounded by FG's vague directives.
If not moved to FP urgently, I will paste it as comment on any thread within my reach.
Re: The Only Time Nigeria Can Move Forward Is When Nigeria Has A Unity Leader by Nobody: 4:54am On Aug 15, 2016

2 Likes

Re: The Only Time Nigeria Can Move Forward Is When Nigeria Has A Unity Leader by chriskosherbal(m): 5:16am On Aug 15, 2016
Ok
Re: The Only Time Nigeria Can Move Forward Is When Nigeria Has A Unity Leader by searchng4love: 6:27am On Aug 15, 2016
We don't need that. What we need is restructuring.
Re: The Only Time Nigeria Can Move Forward Is When Nigeria Has A Unity Leader by babyfaceafrica: 6:56am On Aug 15, 2016
It aint going to happen naw
Re: The Only Time Nigeria Can Move Forward Is When Nigeria Has A Unity Leader by attackgat: 7:33am On Aug 15, 2016
DaveAnte14:
Quit beating around the bush and get with the facts . Below is the map of Nigeria.All linguistic regions should be autonomous and have control of their resources,then it wouldn't matter where president is from. Every nation or tribe within each linguistic region should have the option to secede and become a city state nation like Singapore. For example ,Oron can decide to secede and become autonomous from Akwa cross. Ijebu can decide to secede from Yoruba and become autonomous City State , etc....

You hit the nail on the head. I laugh at threads like this suggest that a good leaders or lack of it is the problem of Nigeria. Though Nigeria has a problem of bad leadership, it has an even bigger problem of system of Government.

Nobody can expect Nigeria to be run under this unitary system and expect any meaningful progress, that's like expecting to beat Hussein Bolt at a 100 meters race with an injured leg. We must return to true federalism and regionalism. 2 sets of referendum must be held, the first is to create Regions and the second, for everyone to decide what Region they want to belong to. Some people might be comfortable being with Igbos in their Region, others might be ok with Yorubas, but everyone gets to decide. That way, it won't matter who is president because the Regions will be in control of the resources and politics.

(1) (Reply)

Meet Us In The Creeks Of Niger Delta If You Really Want To Arrest Us - NDA / Your Government May End Up Like Gej's - Sanusi Warns PMB / The 24 MRAPS The United State Donated To Nigeria All Looking New After Repairing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.