Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,512 members, 7,819,853 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:23 AM

Rhema For Living Devotional - August 1st To 10th. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Rhema For Living Devotional - August 1st To 10th. (420 Views)

Rhema For Living Devotional 2018 By Ken Macaulay / Rhema For Living Devotional By Ken Macaulay - How To Fight Spiritual Warfare. / Rhema For Living Devotional 2017 By Ken Macaulay (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Rhema For Living Devotional - August 1st To 10th. by Ken4Christ: 5:31pm On Aug 09, 2016
MONDAY, AUGUST 1st
Seated on the Right Hand of the Father

“And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus” (Ephesians 2:6)

The resurrection of Christ from the death is one of the greatest historical events of all times. It is a mystery that the human mind cannot comprehend. Thank God he rose from the dead. The other side of the good news is that, in the mind of justice, we also rose together with him. “Buried with him in baptism, wherein also ye are risen with him through the faith of the operation of God, who hath raised him from the dead.” (Colossians 2:12)

Our Lord Jesus was our representative on earth, so whatever he did, he did it on our behalf and we share in the glory of his victory. It is just the same way fans of professional football clubs claim the victory of their clubs as though they also played in the game. We have been raised to a position of great and highest honour in Christ. Even though we are still on earth physically, in the realm of the spirit, we are seated together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus.

Specifically, we are seated on the right hand of our Father in heaven. “Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high” (Hebrews 1:3). If Christ is seated on God's right hand, then we are also seated with him on the same right hand of the Father for he is our representative in heaven.

Sitting on the right hand of the father signifies the authority that has been bestowed on the church which is above every spiritual authority. Just like Paul remarked; “Far above all principality, and power, and might, and dominion, and every name that is named, not only in this world, but also in that which is to come: And hath put all things under his feet, and gave him to be the head over all things to the church” (Ephesians 1:21-22).

So, move on in life with this consciousness that you are in a position of authority that surpasses every other power. All things are under our foot. Christ will not come back for the church until we have made Satan, the enemy of Christ our footstool.

Prayer/Confession: Father, I thank you for the privilege I share with your son Jesus. In him, I am seated on your right hand far above every other power in the universe and above every name. I take advantage of this privilege to reign in this life as a king in the name of Jesus. Amen.

Further Study: Hebrews 8:1, 12:2; 1 Peter 3:22
Daily Scripture Reading: Matthew 1-3; Genesis 1

TUESDAY AUGUST 2nd
Created For Signs and Wonders

“Behold, I and the children whom the LORD hath given me are for signs and for wonders in Israel from the LORD of hosts, which dwelleth in mount Zion.” (Isaiah 8:18)

The earth today is full of wonders even of the works of men through technology. Things that people thought were impossible have become realities in our days. You can talk to someone thousands of miles away as though he is just your back door neighbour. Journeys that used to take months now take a few hours because of airplane technology.

In the same way, we see every day the wonders of God’s creation. Science is yet to completely explore the vast universe that we live in. Mankind is the crown of God’s creation. It is God himself that gave man the ability to do exploit. (Genesis 1:28). This ability was partly lost when Adam sinned in the Garden of Eden. According to the scripture; “For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God.” (Romans 3:23). The restoration of this creative potential in man began when God called Abraham and promised to bless him and all the families on earth that choose to connect with him. No wonder, most of the scientific inventions were done by the Jews.

Now, in Christ Jesus, you have become Abraham’s seed and a spiritual Jew. “And if ye be Christ’s, then are ye Abraham’s seed, and heirs according to the promise.” (Galatians 3:29). As such, God’s ability is now at work in you. You are supposed to be a wonder to your generation in your field of endeavour. You should do things that get the attention of people. There is an excellent spirit at work in you.

Don’t look down on yourself; you are created for signs and wonders. The whole world is waiting for you to manifest your greatness. “For the earnest expectation of the creature waiteth for the manifestation of the sons of God.” (Romans 8:19)

Prayer/Confession: Father, I thank you for putting your ability in me. I have what it takes to be a wonder to my generation. I receive divine wisdom to do uncommon things in the name of Jesus. Amen.

Further study: Psalms 71:7; Mark 16:17; Hebrews 2:10
Daily Scripture Reading: Matthew 4-5; Genesis 2-3

WEDNESDAY , AUGUST 3rd
God Watches Over His Word to Perform It

“Then said the LORD unto me, Thou hast well seen: for I will hasten my word to perform it.” (Jeremiah 1:12)

Darby’s translation puts the above verse thus; “And Jehovah said unto me, Thou hast well seen; for I am watchful over my word to perform it.” We serve a God that is faithful to his promises. Man, many a time promise and fail but God doesn’t. You can put absolute trust in his word and be rest assured that God will bring it to pass.

There are however occasions when it seems as though God is so far from coming to your aid. As a result, you begin to doubt if God’s word is really truth. It even affects your commitment to him such that you are tempted to compromise your Christian faith. But God’s word is true and you can stake your life on his promises. According to the scripture; “God is not a man, that he should lie; neither the son of man, that he should repent: hath he said, and shall he not do it? or hath he spoken, and shall he not make it good?” (Numbers 23:19).

We serve a faithful God and he will never deny himself for that is his nature. “For all the promises of God in him are yea, and in him Amen, unto the glory of God by us.” (2 Corinthians 1:20). Even our Lord Jesus said; “Are not two sparrows sold for a farthing? and one of them shall not fall on the ground without your Father. But the very hairs of your head are all numbered. Fear ye not therefore, ye are of more value than many sparrows. (Matthew 10:29-31)

Whatever you are trusting God for, hold on to your faith. “Cast not away therefore your confidence, which hath great recompense of reward. For ye have need of patience, that, after ye have done the will of God, ye might receive the promise.” (Hebrews 10:35-36)

Confession: Father, I have absolute confidence in your word. I am not moved by what I see, feel or hear. I believe you will bring to pass every good promise in your word concerning me in the name of Jesus. Amen.

Further Study: Isaiah 55:10-11; Malachi 3:6; Matthew 24:35
Daily Scripture Reading: Matthew 6-7; Genesis 4

THURSDAY , AUGUST 4th
Empowered For Success

“For whatsoever is born of God overcometh the world: and this is the victory that overcometh the world, even our faith.” (1 John 5:4)

Everybody wants to succeed in life but not everyone actually hit the mark. But it should not be so with a child of God. If you have received Christ as your Lord and Saviour, then you have the ability to succeed in you. The life in you is a super life. The very nature of God dwells in you right now.

In the Old Testament, when the Jews went to sojourn in the land of Egypt because of famine, the scripture said; “And the children of Israel were fruitful, and increased abundantly, and multiplied, and waxed exceeding mighty; and the land was filled with them.” (Exodus 1:7). Pharaoh, the king of Egypt also noticed something about the Jews; “And he said unto his people, Behold, the people of the children of Israel are more and mightier than we.” (Exodus 1:9). As a result he decided to afflict them. “But the more they afflicted them, the more they multiplied and grew. And they were grieved because of the children of Israel.” (Exodus 1:12)

In the same sense, nothing can stop or limit you. You are now a Jew by faith and that same empowerment the Jews of old had is in you. “For he is not a Jew, which is one outwardly; neither is that circumcision, which is outward in the flesh: But he is a Jew, which is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the spirit, and not in the letter; whose praise is not of men, but of God.” (Romans 2:28-29)

Move on in life with the mentality of a winner. You are destined to succeed in whatever you lay your hands on. “Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us.” (Romans 8:37)

Confession: I am a success. I refuse to allow anyone or anything to limit me in this life. I will prosper in whatever I lay my hands to do in the name of Jesus. Amen.

Further Study: 2 Corinthians 2:14; I John 4:4; Revelation 12:11
Daily Scripture Reading: Matthew 8-9, Genesis 5

FRIDAY, AUGUST 5th
Fulfill Your Ministry

“And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers; for the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ” (Ephesians 4:11-12)

Listed above are fivefold ministry gifts that God gave to the church. They are the office of Apostles, Prophets, Evangelists, Pastors and Teachers. They are given to the church to equip the Saints to do the work of the ministry. There is a job to be done and all hands must be on deck. God needs you and me to advance the cause of the gospel. Every child of God has a ministry to fulfill that contributes to the overall growth of the body of Christ.

“For as we have many members in one body, and all members have not the same office: So we, being many, are one body in Christ, and every one members one of another. Having then gifts differing according to the grace that is given to us, whether prophecy, let us prophesy according to the proportion of faith; or ministry, let us wait on our ministering: or he that teacheth, on teaching; or he that exhorteth, on exhortation: he that giveth, let him do it with simplicity; he that ruleth, with diligence; he that sheweth mercy, with cheerfulness.” (Romans 12:4-cool

Do not be a dysfunctional member of the body of Christ. Find something to do in the house of God. Every local church should have a structure in place where all members should have relevance. You don't have to be called into any of the office listed above before you are motivated to serve. God does not reward office. What he rewards is faithfulness. So, if your duty is just to keep the church hall clean and you are faithful to it, you will be rewarded in the same way a pastor is faithful to his calling.

Not everyone is called into the five - fold ministry but we all do have a ministry to fulfill. So, make effort to be involved and fulfill your ministry as we shall all stand before the judgment seat of Christ one day to account of the ministry gifts you have and how you utilized them to serve him. “For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ; that every one may receive the things done in his body, according to that he hath done, whether it be good or bad.” (2 Corinthians 5:10).

Prayer: Heavenly Father, I thank you for the opportunity you have given me to serve. I ask for your divine grace to strengthen me to fulfill my ministry in the name of Jesus. Amen.

Further Study: 1 Corinthians 12:28; 2 Timothy 4:5
Daily Scripture Reading: Matthew 10-11; Genesis 6
Re: Rhema For Living Devotional - August 1st To 10th. by Ken4Christ: 5:36pm On Aug 09, 2016
SATURDAY, AUGUST 6th
We Wrestle Not Against Flesh And Blood - 1

“Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil. For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.” (Ephesians 6:11-12)

It is an understatement to say that we are engaged in a spiritual warfare. But our battle is not against flesh and blood. Your real enemy is not your next door neighbour, uncle, grandma, mother in law etc. It is true that a lot of evil men and women devise evil against us. A lot of people have even lost their lives through the wicked works of these evil folks. Some have their lives frustrated while quite a few others are suffering one form of afflictions or the other.

However, the only enemy you are to deal with is the devil himself who is the man behind the mask. Just like Peter exhorted us; “Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour.” (1 Peter 5:cool. Notice he said ‘your adversary’ as in singular and he did not say, ‘your adversaries’ as in many.

You are not even at war with the devil himself. He has been defeated. You are only standing your ground against his tricks. “Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles (tricks or deceit) of the devil.” (Ephesians 6:11).

He plays his tricks on you through thoughts and imaginations he brings to your mind. When you allow these negative thoughts to stay long in your mind, they become strongholds that keep you in bondage. Never permit any negative thoughts to stay in your mind. Stand your ground on the truth of God's word and refuse to be swayed by his tricks. “(For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holdswink Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ.” (2 Corinthians 10:4-5)

Prayer/Confession: I thank you father for the victory you have given me in Christ Jesus. As I engage in spiritual warfare, I declare that every evil works of darkness against me are destroyed in the name of Jesus. Amen

Further Study: 1 Peter 5:8-9; Luke 10:17-19
Daily Scripture Reading: Matthew 12-13; Genesis 7

SUNDAY, AUGUST 7th
We Wrestle Not Against Flesh And Blood - 2

“Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil. For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.” (Ephesians 6:11-12)

As you engage in spiritual warfare, you need to know the armour you need to put on. Every soldier that goes to battle must be properly dressed and equipped for the fight to stand the chance of winning.

The first armour Paul mentioned is the belt of truth tied round your waist. “Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and …” (Ephesians 6:14). A lot of Christians today are ignorant of the truth of God’s word. You need to be conscious of the truth to stand your ground against the deceit of the wicked one. Hence our Lord Jesus said, “And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.” (John 8:32).

It was the knowledge of truth that David had that made him face Goliath fearlessly. David knew the truth that his covenant relationship with God gives him an advantage over Goliath who is uncircumcised. (1 Samuel 17:36). Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego also knew the truth that the God they serve is able to deliver them from the furnace of fire prepared by King Nebuchadnezzar. (Daniel 3:16-18)

Some of the truths you need to be acquainted with are; 1. You are born to overcome - 1John 5:4. 2. All things are ordained to work for your good - Romans 8:28. 3. You have the authority to cast out demons and heal the sick - Mark 16:17-18. 4. You are indestructible - 1 Peter 1:23, 3:13. 5. Satan is defeated - Colossians 2:15. And lots more.

Make effort to be acquainted with the truth of God’s word and you will always triumph over the tricks of the evil one. “For the LORD is good; his mercy is everlasting; and his truth endureth to all generations.” (Psalms 100:5)

Prayer/Confession: Father, as I stand my ground against the tricks of the evil one, I put my trust in your word. Your word is truth. I reject every lie of the wicked one. I prevail over my circumstances by the truth of your word in the name of Jesus. Amen.

Further Study: 2 Corinthians 6:7; Psalms 91:4
Daily Scripture Reading: Matthew 14-15; Genesis 8

MONDAY , AUGUST 8th
We Wrestle Not Against Flesh And Blood - 3

Another armour you need to put on is the breastplate of righteousness as you stand your ground against the tricks of the devil. “Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness.” (Ephesians 6:14). Righteousness is the nature of God imparted to your human spirit at new birth. It gives you a right standing with God so that you can approach him without any guilt, condemnation or inferiority complex. Besides, it gives you the ability to stand fearless against the devil and his cohorts.

This righteousness which you have in Christ is a free gift. “For if by one man's offence death reigned by one; much more they which receive abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousness shall reign in life by one, Jesus Christ.” (Romans 5:17). Even when you make a mistake, you have the right to forgiveness and receive cleansing from any form of unrighteousness. - 1 John 1:9. Condemnation and guilt can rob you of your confidence before God and set you on the path of defeat.

When you are righteousness conscious, you won't be afraid when trials come. You know you can go boldly to God and obtain mercy and find grace for help. You can also boldly resist the devil and he will flee. “Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.” (James 4:7)

Don’t let the devil remind you of your past mistakes as it could rob you of confidence and give him the advantage over you. God does not keep records of your mistakes that you have repented of. If you haven’t repented of any known error, please do so now and face the devil fearlessly. You are born to reign in life as a king through this gift of righteousness.

Confession: I am the righteousness of God in Christ Jesus. I refuse to allow guilt and condemnation to dominate me. I have boldness before God and I stand fearless against every forces of darkness arrayed against me. I declare I am favoured and I am coming out victorious in every circumstance I am faced with in the name of Jesus. Amen.

Further Study: Isaiah 59:17; I Thessalonians 5:8
Daily Scripture Reading: Matthew 16-17; Genesis 9

TUESDAY, AUGUST 9th
We Wrestle Not Against Flesh And Blood - 4

When a soldier is dressed for war, he must put on his battle shoes. In the same way, you have a spiritual battle shoe you should put on as part of your armour. This shoe is the gospel shoe - readiness to preach the gospel at all time. “And your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace.” (Ephesians 6:15).

The ultimate aim of the enemy is to get the believer complacent towards soul winning. As long as you are not involved in soul winning activities, you are not a threat to his kingdom. Satan guards his souls jealously and he does not want to lose any soul. He wants to take as many people to hell with him. This is the only way he can revenge God’s judgment on him. Virtually most of the times Satan and his cohorts gather, their plans are centered on how they can cause believers to backslide from the faith and also hinder those who are yet to embrace the gospel from seeing the light of it.

So, if you really want to win your spiritual battle, you must give priority to soul winning. The Bible says; “… How beautiful are the feet of them that preach the gospel of peace, and bring glad tidings of good things” (Romans 10:15). Any believer that is not involved in soul winning has denied the faith and makes himself a misfit for the kingdom of God.

You are saved to save others. God is counting on you. Do it with so much enthusiasm and gusto. There is a great reward that awaits soul winners in heaven. No wonder the writer of proverbs says; “The fruit of the righteous is a tree of life; and he that winneth souls is wise.” (Proverbs 11:30 ). Daniel adds; “And they that be wise shall shine as the brightness of the firmament; and they that turn many to righteousness as the stars for ever and ever.” (Daniel 12:3). When your pass on from this earth to eternity without souls to present to the Lord, you have utterly failed in life no matter what you achieve in other areas of your life.

Prayer/Confession: Lord, I pray for your grace and wisdom to reach out to the lost. From this day henceforth, I will show more zeal in soul winning activities. I make myself responsible and fruitful in my father’s house by putting on my gospel shoe at all times.

Further Study: Isaiah 52:7; Romans 10:15. Daily Scripture Reading: JMatthew 18-19, Genesis 10.

WEDNESDAY, AUGUST 10th
We Wrestle Not Against Flesh And Blood - 5

We are still on the protective armour we need to put on as we stand our grounds against the evil forces of darkness. Today, we will look at another armour slightly different from the others. This armour is known as the shield of faith. “Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked.” (Ephesians 6:16)

The shield of faith is the armour you need to protect yourself from the dangerous arrows the wicked one shoots on you. What are these dangerous arrows? They are negative thoughts and imaginations. It can also come in the form of symptoms of diseases or any form of afflictions. The way to unleash your faith to deal with is explained in 2 Corinthians 10:3-5 and it reads; “(For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holdswink. Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ. "

If it comes in the form of a symptom or affliction, rebuke it instantly. Don’t even speak about it. Rather speak to it and command the symptom to go in the name of Jesus and it will obey you.

The just shall live by faith, the Bible declares. Faith is the lifestyle that guarantee victory at all times. So, put it on as a shield and you will win over every situation and circumstances that you are faced with. “For whatsoever is born of God overcometh the world: and this is the victory that overcometh the world, even our faith.” (1 John 5:4)

Confession: I reject every negative thought and imaginations that is not consistent with the word of God. I cancel every wicked plan of the evil one to portend sickness or affliction on me in the name of Jesus. Amen

Further Study: Matthew 9:29; Luke 18:8; Hebrews 6:12
Daily Scripture Reading: Matthew 20-21; Genesis 11

(1) (Reply)

The Choice. / What Do You Stand For. Truth Or Religion? / Illuminati...what You Need To Know PART 1 (History)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.