Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,558 members, 7,840,323 topics. Date: Saturday, 25 May 2024 at 09:33 PM

Yaradua In Saudi Arabi To Commission Private University. - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yaradua In Saudi Arabi To Commission Private University. (2553 Views)

Dickson Hoodwinks Jonathan To Commission Flyover - Sahara Reporters / Aregbesola Set To Commission Ejigbo High School (Pictures) / Proof Of Buhari A Yaradua In Making (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yaradua In Saudi Arabi To Commission Private University. by bibiking1(m): 8:10am On Sep 25, 2009
mazaje:

We all know that people like obasanjo were the ones that brought corruption into Nigeria. . .Was Ironsi a northerner?. . .So what if the soutehrners were not stealing 40 years ago? Are they not stealing today?. . . Are people like Urju uzo kalu, Ibori, depreye alamasia, igbenidion, aloakala northeners?. . .What are you goons saying? . . .Was obasanjo a northerner when he decided to hand over the country to a sick and incompetent person?. . .The king makers of the PDP that keep destroying the nation are they northerners? What are you people saying? . . .blame it all on the north when the thieving southerners are no better. . . . angry angry

I really would not want to enter into a diatribe with you, but i am forced to refer you to Bankole Wellington's opening remark in his famous rejoinder to Reuben Abati's tirade on Nigerian Artist. He drew a line from popular American Showman P. T. Barnum "I don't care what they say about me, but make sure they SPELL my name right"
That my dear "MAZAJE" you have failed to do, and even though i stand on the opposite of what these men represented i frown at your total disregard for the rule of constructive engagement. You can only criticise who you know!
Re: Yaradua In Saudi Arabi To Commission Private University. by FBS: 8:36am On Sep 25, 2009
wtf? angry
Re: Yaradua In Saudi Arabi To Commission Private University. by IFELEKE(m): 9:35am On Sep 25, 2009
. . .how long will this country continue on auto run?
Re: Yaradua In Saudi Arabi To Commission Private University. by mazaje(m): 10:16am On Sep 25, 2009
bibiking1:

I really would not want to enter into a diatribe with you, but i am forced to refer you to Bankole Wellington's opening remark in his famous rejoinder to Reuben Abati's tirade on Nigerian Artist. He drew a line from popular American Showman P. T. Barnum "I don't care what they say about me, but make sure they SPELL my name right"
That my dear "MAZAJE" you have failed to do, and even though i stand on the opposite of what these men represented i frown at your total disregard for the rule of constructive engagement. You can only criticise who you know!

Are the southern leaders better than the northern leaders?. . .the answer is NO. . . .
Re: Yaradua In Saudi Arabi To Commission Private University. by MrCrackles(m): 10:20am On Sep 25, 2009
You guys shouldnt start any tribal nonsense here again o! angry
Re: Yaradua In Saudi Arabi To Commission Private University. by asha80(m): 12:12pm On Sep 25, 2009
Kobojunkie:

What has the above to do with providing a source for the information

@Poster, please follow up with a Source, thanks!

Naija grin cheesy

Re: Yaradua In Saudi Arabi To Commission Private University. by Kobojunkie: 1:00pm On Sep 25, 2009
Re: Yaradua In Saudi Arabi To Commission Private University. by asha80(m): 1:04pm On Sep 25, 2009
Pictures speak louder than words.At least the picture confirms that he actually met the leader in saudi arabia to commision their private university and NOT using it as only a front to treat himself cheesy
Re: Yaradua In Saudi Arabi To Commission Private University. by Kobojunkie: 1:06pm On Sep 25, 2009
Hasn't he met them many times before? He was in Saudi Arabia less than 2 weeks ago.
Re: Yaradua In Saudi Arabi To Commission Private University. by asha80(m): 1:10pm On Sep 25, 2009
Kobojunkie:

Hasn't he met them many times before? He was in Saudi Arabia less than 2 weeks ago.

Oh dear my bad. sad.Maybe he is just loves being with people of 'like minds'  cheesy cool
Re: Yaradua In Saudi Arabi To Commission Private University. by mbulela: 3:24pm On Sep 25, 2009
[img]http://www.spectrum.ieee.org/image/804380[/img]
[img]http://www.spectrum.ieee.org/image/804380[/img]

On an afternoon in late July, Tony Eastham sat in a half-built office outside Jeddah, in Saudi Arabia. A table, a few chairs still wrapped in plastic, a desk, and some white settees occupied the room. Outside, the whines and growls of construction heralded the rise of a university in the desert.
These facilities are part of the hardware that makes up the King Abdullah University of Science and Technology, an ambitious graduate-level research university with a multibillion-dollar endowment. Known as KAUST, the institution will open its doors to students for the first time this month, and Eastham, the director of laboratories, has quite a few labs left to build. ”What’s happening here is an experiment, one that is only possible because of the resources available in Saudi Arabia,” says Eastham, an IEEE member and until recently an engineering professor at the Hong Kong University of Science and Technology.
The new university is the brainchild of Saudi Arabia’s King Abdullah, and its mission is to extend the country’s technical prowess beyond the domain of oil. Doing so will be an uphill battle: Pupils in Middle East and North African countries score far below the world average on international math and science tests, and even within the region Saudi Arabian students underperform, according to a 2008 World Bank report on education in the Middle East. This is in spite of the fact that Saudi Arabia’s government devoted approximately 30 percent of its annual budget to education through 2003, says the report. Since KAUST’s inception in 2006, education spending has almost certainly skyrocketed.
Once completed, the university will include a top-notch nanofabrication laboratory and a visualization and virtual reality center designed by the University of California, San Diego. The crown jewel is Shaheen, an IBM Blue Gene/P supercomputer capable of 222 teraflops and ranked 14th in the world.
The university’s first batch of faculty was recruited by the same people who designed KAUST’s course programs—namely, partner universities such as the University of Cambridge, Imperial College London, and the University of California, Berkeley. Stanford University professors patterned the curriculum for applied mathematics after their own and then interviewed the prospective faculty, including David Ketcheson, a newly minted doctor of applied math from the University of Washington. ”I never thought I’d graduate and go to Saudi Arabia,” Ketcheson says. ”But what KAUST has invested in applied math I don’t think exists anywhere else in the world.”
The inaugural class of 350 students is drawn predominantly from China, Mexico, Saudi Arabia, and the United States. A committee from the Institute for International Education, which also selects students for the Fulbright program, admitted the students. To accommodate the expectations of newcomers thrust into one of the world’s most restrictive cultures, the campus and its immediately surrounding community will abide by different rules from the rest of the country. Women will be allowed to drive, and male and female students will study together. Students and faculty will be surrounded by most of the trappings of a Western college town. But a vastly different world lies just outside the university gates, where male guardians oversee many aspects of women’s daily life, Internet filtering is extensive, and corporal punishment is a legal tradition. ”It’s going to be a very bewildering experience for just about everybody who arrives on campus,” says David Keyes, KAUST’s chair of mathematical and computer sciences and engineering, formerly of Columbia University.
Re: Yaradua In Saudi Arabi To Commission Private University. by Kobojunkie: 3:25pm On Sep 25, 2009
wow!~~
Re: Yaradua In Saudi Arabi To Commission Private University. by mbulela: 3:28pm On Sep 25, 2009
you can say that again.
Re: Yaradua In Saudi Arabi To Commission Private University. by proudly9ja(m): 3:30pm On Sep 25, 2009
God dey!
Re: Yaradua In Saudi Arabi To Commission Private University. by mbulela: 3:35pm On Sep 25, 2009
Imagine: Newspapers yesterday published our President's photograph as he arrived in Saudi Arabia, looking very happy, being received by the Governor of Makkah! A Governor! Where was the King of Saudi Arabia who reportedly invited him? The King of Saudi Arabia invites our President to the opening of a University of Technology and Science and he jets off and ignores a UN function? And he gets there only to be received by a state Governor. How did Saudi Arabia become so overly important in Nigerian affairs? Our President goes there for medical treatment. Government officials of all ranks visit the same country at least twice a year, for hajj and umrah. When they are not in Saudi Arabia, they are in Dubai!On nearly all fronts in the the past two years, we have consistently played badly in the international arena.
Re: Yaradua In Saudi Arabi To Commission Private University. by mbulela: 3:36pm On Sep 25, 2009
that last post is not original but courtesy of Guardian newspaper.
Re: Yaradua In Saudi Arabi To Commission Private University. by gaby(m): 3:52pm On Sep 25, 2009
Just check out the way those guys standing behind are scornfully looking at yaradull and thinking in their minds like what the eff is this sickly wannabe infidel doing with our king we hope he doesnt infect him with his rashes,

Useless
Re: Yaradua In Saudi Arabi To Commission Private University. by yeswecan(m): 4:08pm On Sep 25, 2009
speechless
Re: Yaradua In Saudi Arabi To Commission Private University. by ud4u: 4:09pm On Sep 25, 2009
How can Yaradua go to Saudi to commission University when ASUU is on strike. Nawaaaaaaaaaaaa for this man.

That means education in his country can go to blises, abi wetin una won make I talk.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Unbelievable!our Officials Are Too Corrupt To Have Immunity, Says Yar'adua! / Saharareporters Breaking News: Court Dismisses Bode George's Appeal / Freed Chibok Girl Four Months Pregnant

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.