Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,220 members, 7,818,759 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:37 AM

I Want To Know How Much It will Cost me To Put Thunder Protection - Properties (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / I Want To Know How Much It will Cost me To Put Thunder Protection (38876 Views)

Help: Please How Much Will It Cost Me? Sketch Picture Attached / How Much It Will Cost Me To Build 3 Bedroom / How Much Would It Cost Me To Complete This 3Bedroom Bungalow? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Want To Know How Much It will Cost me To Put Thunder Protection by lipstick2(f): 11:26am On Aug 24, 2016
N68k For protector
Re: I Want To Know How Much It will Cost me To Put Thunder Protection by Bossken(m): 12:07pm On Aug 24, 2016
The electrician has given u a quotation that is far on the high side. pls don't let him catch u mugu in this hard economy. its the work i do with my team and we will offer u great price as low as 100k and below depending on the size of the building.

feel free to mail me on ng.bosslife@gmail.com or raphharris80@gmail.com or call 08030700077.
We will provide with best options and give you quaity installations.

Lajet:
I want to know how much it will cost me to put thunder protection my house the house is one storey building . The electrician told me it will cost me 387,000 naira because of the dollar rate is too high now. I want to know if it's true which materials will I need to buy.the Electrican also told me that he need to buy wires that he will use connect for each of the 14 rooms to fix the thunder protection
Re: I Want To Know How Much It will Cost me To Put Thunder Protection by Emmypam(m): 12:08pm On Aug 24, 2016
Ah ah.. Thunder protection again.... I guess the old mama's in your village are beginning to follow you abi
Re: I Want To Know How Much It will Cost me To Put Thunder Protection by BABANGBALI: 12:21pm On Aug 24, 2016
Ask ogun the god of thunder. Him own go be original and cheap
Re: I Want To Know How Much It will Cost me To Put Thunder Protection by greggng: 12:45pm On Aug 24, 2016
Lajet:
I want to know how much it will cost me to put thunder protection my house the house is one storey building . The electrician told me it will cost me 387,000 naira because of the dollar rate is too high now. I want to know if it's true which materials will I need to buy.the Electrican also told me that he need to buy wires that he will use connect for each of the 14 rooms to fix the thunder protection

You don't need to spend that much for thunder protector. I ve just discussed ur matter with my nebor who is a builder and has worked for reputable organisations and involved in the installation of thunder protector. Pls call him if your house is in lagos. His name is John. Tell him u re from Mr greg his nebor. He will save you a lot of cost and you will give testimony here 08106547022
Re: I Want To Know How Much It will Cost me To Put Thunder Protection by Genesis2000(m): 12:51pm On Aug 24, 2016
Lajet:

OK Thanks

Hmmm i don't think it is all that expensive, but that also depends on the type of installation and the materials needed.

But i remember where i worked before, i was told they mounted the thunder arest storm with five hundred thousand naira. (500.000.00
Re: I Want To Know How Much It will Cost me To Put Thunder Protection by adanny01(m): 12:55pm On Aug 24, 2016
kingdenny:

Lol, this guy u wanna burst your electrican , ask him the copper tape , what size is it , is it 20mm or 25mm copper tape he intends to use , now i seriously doubt the distance of the roof to the earth plus add the length that would go into the ground would reach 40 meters, find a tape and measure it yourself to be sure he is not cheating you. 20Mm copper tape currently cost 1500 per meter and 25mm cost 1700. This is for 100 percent pure copper , substandard copper tape exist which is a mixture of copper and iron , this cost less than the amount stated, u need to work with a trusted electrician otherwise he collects money for th real thing and supplies you an inferior copper tape to save cost. Why on earth is he using 3 earthrod ? A 6 ft earthrod cost 7500 and a 4ft earthrod cost 4500, there are also sinstandard earthrod that goes for 1500 and 2800 , so be careful, earthmat cost 6000, thunder arrestor spike 7500 , coppernails are not exxpensive 100_200 naira same with clip , clamp cost 700, i cants see bag of salt and charcoal in that list, remember this is a lagos price, so in owerri it could be higher , the distance between the roof and the earth is critical to be aware of , in this way he doesnt cut corners on you ,
Shalom
You dont need two arrestors for heaven sake

Free all those things you see, man must chop. My friend, an electrical engineer did the job. I had to ask him why 3 copper rods and he confessed to using two. Of course the 40metres was to much but reason the budget shot up. His client wanted to pull a fast one but he pulled another.

Even after putting a lot more, the bill wasnt as close to wat the op was charged.
Re: I Want To Know How Much It will Cost me To Put Thunder Protection by adanny01(m): 12:57pm On Aug 24, 2016
Bossken:
Thunder arrestor is the right name for this and what the electrician has quoted for u is far on the high side. pls don't let him catch u mugu in this hard economy. its the work i do with my team and we will offer u great price as low as 100k and below depending on the size of the building.

feel free to mail me on ng.bosslife@gmail.com or raphharris80@gmail.com or call 08030700077.
We will provide with best options and give you quaity installations.

Lightening arrestor is the right name.
Re: I Want To Know How Much It will Cost me To Put Thunder Protection by brojoshua: 1:09pm On Aug 24, 2016
Sorry for not answering your question directly. But i advise you to get everlasting security and protection against everlastiog destruction first. It is given by God by His grace through faith in Jesus Christ His Son who is the Lord and Savior of the world; the only Savior. Why? Because in this world their are many warriors that are figthing against people: thunder, fire, wind, rain, Death, road and air disaster, erosion, epidemics, thieves, and so on, but Christ has overcome the world and her evil and wicked ones.

1 Like

Re: I Want To Know How Much It will Cost me To Put Thunder Protection by Koolking(m): 1:21pm On Aug 24, 2016
Lajet:

Ask your electrician the type of Lightning Solution he's quoting you. Indelec Prevectron Smart will run you into N387,000 if not up to NGN1/1.5m to deploy.

The Three-fingers lightning Protection should be less than 200k dependents on the meters of copper wire.

Re: I Want To Know How Much It will Cost me To Put Thunder Protection by whitebeard(m): 1:24pm On Aug 24, 2016
EgunMogaji:

Respectfully, you're completely wrong.

It might interest you to do more research.
[/color][color=#990000]prove that he is wrong smiley
Re: I Want To Know How Much It will Cost me To Put Thunder Protection by allCopacetic: 1:52pm On Aug 24, 2016
freshvine:

Is it lighting arrestor or thunder protector... Remember you're protecting.

@ Op, there are different diameter of the copper tape and their prices varies. 18mm, 20mm, 22 mm etc. Also Check their inch to determine quality. Next is getting the pure copper brand of furse with is not mixed with any other mineral material. If you are not in Lagos, getting the best quality of furse copper tape should be above 2500 per metre in your location.

A quality thunder protector should be way above 10k.

Earth mat done with copper tape of about 6 metres is 2500k times 6 =15k and this depends on how many you'd want to use.

I bought original furse clamp last time for 2500.

These are all original furse materials. You can spend as much as 250k including labor to protect your house using premium materials and you can also use 50k to do the same job using substandard materials.
You've quite some insight on the subject ma'am... I'm impressed smiley I'm happy with the emphasis on varying qualities of the furse earthing accessories , many are ignorant of this.
About the naming, It Can be called both a protector system or arrestor system, but in either case it has nothing to do with thunder.

Thunder is the sound you hear when lightning strikes.

While Lightning is literally a bolt of electricity caused by charged cloud clouds .

So what the system "arrests" or "protects you" from is the Lightning.

Original 25mm furse tape is actually about 2000, (standard sizes are 12.5, 16, 20, 25mm and above) while a good furse arrestor (rod & spike desgn) is about 8000

I mention rod and spike design because not all arrestors are designed or look like the above . Rod and spike is the norm for residentials tho
A mat made from 6m of tape will be quite large. It'll measure atleast 1m on each square side
Re: I Want To Know How Much It will Cost me To Put Thunder Protection by freshvine(f): 2:09pm On Aug 24, 2016
allCopacetic:

You've quite some insight on the subject ma'am... I'm impressed smiley I'm happy with the emphasis on varying qualities of the furse earthing accessories , many are ignorant of this.
About the naming, It Can be called both a protector system or arrestor system, but in either case it has nothing to do with thunder.

Thunder is the sound you hear when lightning strikes.

While Lightning is literally a bolt of electricity caused by charged cloud clouds .

So what the system "arrests" or "protects you" from is the Lightning.

Original 25mm furse tape is actually about 2000, (standard sizes are 12.5, 16, 20, 25mm and above) while a good furse arrestor (rod & spike desgn) is about 8000

I mention rod and spike design because not all arrestors are designed or look like the above . Rod and spike is the norm for residentials tho
A mat made from 6m of tape will be quite large. It'll measure atleast 1m on each square side

You are quite correct.

I don't do house wiring /installations. I install transformers, rural electrification etc.

I used 1 metre to construct my earth mat using 70mm earth cable or copper tape. It is even larger when the transformer is 1 MVA.

There is something we call lighting arrestor in electrification. I mean when dealing with High Tension installation. It is made up of porcelain material, an element acting as fuse inside and measures about 2 feet with both ends having Cooper drilled hole for cable socket fastening.
Re: I Want To Know How Much It will Cost me To Put Thunder Protection by greggng: 5:32pm On Aug 24, 2016
Lajet:

According to my nebor who has been into building and all this for years he said it will cost you just 75k only I ve already sent u his number contact him if u care
Re: I Want To Know How Much It will Cost me To Put Thunder Protection by MagnaB: 5:48pm On Aug 24, 2016
I am an electrical engineer and I have to say that your electrician is evil. The total cost should not be more than 70 aside the little workmanship cost but if you already have a good earthing system already at your place you should not need to spend more than 10k just for the purchase of the arrester and cables to connect to the earth rod. If you don't mind contact me as I can help you do the installation but it depends on your location thou.
Re: I Want To Know How Much It will Cost me To Put Thunder Protection by Jaftee(m): 9:39pm On Aug 24, 2016
bunch of quacks, almost everyone is saying one bag of salt, one earth rod, bla bla bla without parameters.... moreover the salt is not just any salt, tin man salt us just ok
Re: I Want To Know How Much It will Cost me To Put Thunder Protection by allCopacetic: 9:54pm On Aug 24, 2016
freshvine:

You are quite correct.

I install transformers, rural electrification etc.

ahh madam , na una dey chop the money oooo
Re: I Want To Know How Much It will Cost me To Put Thunder Protection by danowena: 1:14pm On Aug 28, 2016
allCopacetic:

yes thats the copper tape running from the spike down.
this must be an old house.
From the material type i'm guessing this is in the same location as the D/board posted sometime ago.

Thanks sir. On point. wink
Re: I Want To Know How Much It will Cost me To Put Thunder Protection by twinskenny(m): 1:23pm On Aug 28, 2016
freshvine:

You are quite correct.

I don't do house wiring /installations. I install transformers, rural electrification etc.

I used 1 metre to construct my earth mat using 70mm earth cable or copper tape. It is even larger when the transformer is 1 MVA.

There is something we call lighting arrestor in electrification. I mean when dealing with High Tension installation. It is made up of porcelain material, an element acting as fuse inside and measures about 2 feet with both ends having Cooper drilled hole for cable socket fastening.

madam make i join your crew o o grin
Re: I Want To Know How Much It will Cost me To Put Thunder Protection by freshvine(f): 2:53pm On Aug 28, 2016
twinskenny:

madam make i join your crew o o grin

You na oga na. I no get forex to pay you but someday I'll be in want of your professionalism someday.
Re: I Want To Know How Much It will Cost me To Put Thunder Protection by twinskenny(m): 3:27pm On Aug 28, 2016
freshvine:

You na oga na. I no get forex to pay you but someday I'll be in want of your professionalism someday.
we are still growing ma... thank you for the kind words..looking forward to it
Re: I Want To Know How Much It will Cost me To Put Thunder Protection by Nobody: 10:23am On Jul 12, 2017
@topsy23

What the current price of coper tape ?are u on watzap?
Re: I Want To Know How Much It will Cost me To Put Thunder Protection by topsy23: 12:21pm On Jul 12, 2017
Tritri:
@topsy23

What the current price of coper tape ?are u on watzap?

Original furse is 2700/meter, there is another one in the market also called startek 2500/meter

Yes am on whatsapp +234-8033643191

Phone no. 08033643191, 08051750560.
Re: I Want To Know How Much It will Cost me To Put Thunder Protection by CubixNG: 4:26am On Nov 01, 2021
Indelec prevectron 3

Re: I Want To Know How Much It will Cost me To Put Thunder Protection by persius555(m): 10:03am On Mar 29, 2023
Op, your electrician is wonderful sha. This post is as old as nairaland. A metre of 25mm 3mm thick copper tape in Lagos presently cost 6,500.
A lot of people still work with old price of 3,500 in 2023.

If you need update on thunder arrestor installation and cost, check this thread

https://www.nairaland.com/3378666/thunderarrestor-lightning-arrestor-installation-buildings

WhatsApp or call: 0-8-1-6-6-8-9-4-4-1-6

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Rain Destroys Part Of 500–Year–Old Benin Building / Lekki SPAR On Fire, Casualties Unknown - Photos / EFCC To Jail Landlords Housing Yahoo Boys For 15 Years

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.