Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,502 members, 7,819,818 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:58 AM

Budget Padding: We’ll Crush Any Attempt To Remove Dogara —oke - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Budget Padding: We’ll Crush Any Attempt To Remove Dogara —oke (10903 Views)

Plot To Remove Dogara As Speaker Causes Tension In House Of Reps / Presidency Plots To Remove Dogara, Others - Linus Okorie / Any Attempt To Impeach Buhari Will Be Resisted As It Was Done In Turkey–APC Govs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Budget Padding: We’ll Crush Any Attempt To Remove Dogara —oke by Johnnyessence(m): 1:14am On Aug 11, 2016
House of Representatives Committee chairman on Public Procurement, Honourable Wole Oke, representing Obokun/Oriade Federal Constituency in Osun State, in this interview with JACOB SEGUN OLATUNJI, speaks on the alleged 2016 Budget padding and sundry issues. Excerpts:

YOU are a ranking member of the 8th National Assembly, what is your take on the drama going on at the House of Representatives over the alleged padding of the 2016 Budget by Speaker Yakubu Dogara and others?

It is a very sad development in the history of Nigeria’s legislature. It’s a very strange word, budget padding—I am hearing it for the first time. It does not exist in our laws; it does not even exist in our constitution or in our penal or criminal codes. The crafters of our constitution have never, ever mentioned such word as padding. Somebody has called it forgery. I know forgery exists as an offence in our criminal codes, penal codes. But in the parliament, the purpose of any lawmaker coming to the parliament, the purpose of any constituency donating their mandate to their representatives to represent them in parliament is actually because of the budget bill, because it is what you can use to attract development to your areas, to your constituency or to your Senatorial districts, lobbying, relating with people, furnished energy to attract project to my constituency, should not be criminalised.

I don’t know what Honourable Abdulmumin Jibrin wants to achieve. What the honourable is doing, is to knock the heads of the legislature and the executive together and put our democracy asunder.

Assuming without conceding that there are projects that have been tempered with, Mr. President has a lot of gateways, he has a lot of tools to manage the budget with. He can request for virement; ask for amendment. These tools are there, but for Hon Jibrin himself to start saying that there is padding or there is insertion, I mean it’s busybody! I don’t know what he wants to achieve. The All Progressives Congress (APC)-led government should sanction him, because he has painted the government of President Muhammadu Buhari in a bad manner.

Jibrin has christened the APC-led government as a corrupt government because virtually everybody he has mentioned so far, with the exception of my own leader, Hon. Leo Ogor, are members of APC, so the APC-led government should sanction Hon Jibrin. The party has all the mechanisms to address the issue that he has raised and the legislature also has its own rules. So, honestly, I am totally disappointed and I am not proud of Jibrin being a part of the parliament, roaming the streets and talking about issues that don’t exist.

How do you mean?

At worst, if he is aggrieved, he should have approached the court of law. He can challenge the processes if he wants, he can go to court if he wants but to be labeling every member of the parliament as corrupt is un- called for because I am not corrupt. I am standing very, very straight, not bending. I can be seen, I am standing straight and I am supporting Speaker Dogara, I am supporting the Deputy Speaker, Hon Lasun Yusuf. The Minority Leader, Ogor, is a member of my own party. In the past, between 2003 abd 2007, I have had cause to attract Federal Government projects to my constituency, Obokun/ Oriade Federal Constituency,Osun State. Would you call that padding?

The Nigeria Airforce Safety Training Institute sited in Ipetu-Ijesha, would you call it budget padding? I influenced its being sighted in my area. I didn’t even know the contractors that executed it. I have no business with contractors that executed it. At any rate, Dogara, Yussuf, Ogor, Dogowa and others mentioned have no access to the treasury. All the projects captured in the budget are going to the executive arm of government. It has the procurement procedure as a gateway to arrest any project it doesn’t want.

Are you suspecting external forces behind the whole drama?

That is my worry. What he is doing is to put our democracy in trouble. We all understand and believe in separation of powers. He is out to knock the heads of the executive, judiciary and parliament together, he is out to cause confusion in the entire polity.

What do you think is the way out of the mess?

You see, we as lawmakers in the parliament, our Bible and Quran are anchored by our House rules and they are procedures for managing these scenarios.

Did Honourable Jibrin exhaust these procedures and secondly, has he ever mentioned this on the floor of the House or in any of your executive meetings?

As far as we are concerned, all the allegations by Jibrin are not known to the House.One, we are not in session and secondly, he has not tabled any petition against any member of the House. He has not raised this matter in the House. So, legislatively, Jibrin’s position is not known to the House. When we resume, he has a window to ventilate his views. He can, by way of point of order, put his position on notice; he can come in form of a motion on notice. All the black mailing, the distraction, the allegation against the institution of the House of Reps and the un-parliamentary language will be addressedwhen we resume.

Is it true that some members have been collecting signatures to send away all the principal officers over the alleged padding ?

That cannot happen. I can give you the statistics of the position of the House. In the North East today, Dogara has 98 per cent support. In the North-Central, he has 99 per cent support, and 95 per cent in the North- West. In the South-South and South East, he has 100 per cent support, while in the South-West, he has 75 per cent support. So, which list are they collecting?

Which signatures are they collecting? We are 360 in the House, and I put it to you— I stand to be corrected, 310 members are behind Dogara that I know of. I don’t know of the remaining 50, but I put it to you that at least on my own records, I have 310 members that we meet that are fully for Dogara. You may have few members who are disgruntled, who are not happy maybe because of the post Speakership election but as I speak to you, noting can shake Dogara lead leadership.

Does the alleged budget padding have any connection with the reported plans to impeach the president?

Anybody who is thinking of impeaching President Buhari must be insane. Nobody has discussed such issue. We are in a state of economic quagmire; we are trying to get out of it. It has not crossed anybody’s mind.

http://tribuneonlineng.com/budget-padding-ll-crush-attempt-remove-dogara-oke/

1 Like

Re: Budget Padding: We’ll Crush Any Attempt To Remove Dogara —oke by Baawaa(m): 1:37am On Aug 11, 2016
So,shall God crush thieve and rogue Law-maker grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

16 Likes

Re: Budget Padding: We’ll Crush Any Attempt To Remove Dogara —oke by baby124: 1:37am On Aug 11, 2016
Maybe someone should remind Oke that he can be recalled.

5 Likes

Re: Budget Padding: We’ll Crush Any Attempt To Remove Dogara —oke by Badtman(m): 2:13am On Aug 11, 2016
Oloribuku Somebori ni awon Rogues yii O

Na so God go Pad anybody who Pad Nigeria budget and his Partners in Padding

3 Likes

Re: Budget Padding: We’ll Crush Any Attempt To Remove Dogara —oke by SamMilla1(m): 2:19am On Aug 11, 2016
Oke simply means Rat in Igbo language.
Who takes a rat serious?

Let him continue to back up the rogue Dogara against Justice.
His children will grow to meet the country he will leave behind.

14 Likes

Re: Budget Padding: We’ll Crush Any Attempt To Remove Dogara —oke by collitexnaira(m): 3:31am On Aug 11, 2016
You guys should just legalize corruption make we know where we re heading

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Budget Padding: We’ll Crush Any Attempt To Remove Dogara —oke by kossyablaze(m): 6:18am On Aug 11, 2016
collitexnaira:
You guys should just legalize corruption make we know where we re heading
haba.... U dey wait make them announce am for NTA? Read the hand writings on the wall my guy

10 Likes

Re: Budget Padding: We’ll Crush Any Attempt To Remove Dogara —oke by OrlandoOwoh(m): 6:22am On Aug 11, 2016
This man needs to be taught a lesson by his constituents.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Budget Padding: We’ll Crush Any Attempt To Remove Dogara —oke by Funlordjnr: 6:23am On Aug 11, 2016
sad

Afonja senator offering threats? Dogara should even be more worried now!

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Budget Padding: We’ll Crush Any Attempt To Remove Dogara —oke by chukslawrence(m): 6:31am On Aug 11, 2016
Ok
Re: Budget Padding: We’ll Crush Any Attempt To Remove Dogara —oke by President99: 7:22am On Aug 11, 2016
This Abdulmumin is jst another loose cannon! This guy was the appropriation chairman, the buck of budget ends on his table, morever this same guy was on channel tv defending every part of the budget he was questioned about and went ahead on thesame program disparaging executives that they can only present estimates and NASS presents the budget. If he had not lost out, he would have been there telling every ear that listens that the budget was not padded. Jibrin should stop disturbing our peace pls.

4 Likes

Re: Budget Padding: We’ll Crush Any Attempt To Remove Dogara —oke by Flyingngel(m): 7:26am On Aug 11, 2016
You can never hear them talking abt crushing anybody that want to draw Nigeria backward. You can only hear these thieves when their pockets are filled with money. Obj is d cause of all these, because we would have started on a clean slate if he was not corrupt.

7 Likes

Re: Budget Padding: We’ll Crush Any Attempt To Remove Dogara —oke by saintgp(m): 7:27am On Aug 11, 2016
By their statement(s) u shall know them....honorable indeed,apc just succeeded in deceiving nigerians by rebranding nefarious beings into various positions....smh..............

3 Likes

Re: Budget Padding: We’ll Crush Any Attempt To Remove Dogara —oke by hucienda: 7:28am On Aug 11, 2016
No bi d same Jubrin wey tok on Channels say dem no alter budget a few months back wen im bi Chairman?

Keep washing your party's stinking linen in public. It is good for our democrazy (Apologies, Fela).

The PDP people thought were worse now looking like 'saints' compared to these lying, hypocritical, thieving fools in power.

4 Likes

Re: Budget Padding: We’ll Crush Any Attempt To Remove Dogara —oke by Ucheosefoh(m): 8:41am On Aug 11, 2016
SamMilla1:
Oke simply means Rat in Igbo language.
Who takes a rat serious?

Let him continue to back up the rogue Dogara against Justice.
His children will grow to meet the country he will leave behind.

3 Likes

Re: Budget Padding: We’ll Crush Any Attempt To Remove Dogara —oke by Nobody: 8:41am On Aug 11, 2016
Budget padding

1 Like

Re: Budget Padding: We’ll Crush Any Attempt To Remove Dogara —oke by AndyMolarAllwel(m): 8:41am On Aug 11, 2016
cool

2 Likes

Re: Budget Padding: We’ll Crush Any Attempt To Remove Dogara —oke by ALAYORMII: 8:43am On Aug 11, 2016
This thieves don't even have an iota of shame

God is watching all of una

3 Likes

Re: Budget Padding: We’ll Crush Any Attempt To Remove Dogara —oke by Lucasthom91(m): 8:43am On Aug 11, 2016
cheesy cheesy

Re: Budget Padding: We’ll Crush Any Attempt To Remove Dogara —oke by Kaybee14(m): 8:43am On Aug 11, 2016
I'm not surprised though. Our lawmakers/leaders always derive pleasure in pursuing illegalities to the detriment of the well meaning Nigerians.

1 Like

Re: Budget Padding: We’ll Crush Any Attempt To Remove Dogara —oke by dedons: 8:44am On Aug 11, 2016
Another senseless Afonja disHONOURABLE.

By their mumu rants, you shall know them.

1 Like

Re: Budget Padding: We’ll Crush Any Attempt To Remove Dogara —oke by wildchild1: 8:45am On Aug 11, 2016
Re: Budget Padding: We’ll Crush Any Attempt To Remove Dogara —oke by Nobody: 8:48am On Aug 11, 2016
Thieve support robber, equation balance die!
Re: Budget Padding: We’ll Crush Any Attempt To Remove Dogara —oke by kayo80(m): 8:48am On Aug 11, 2016
Abeg shey na ALWAYS or Tissue Paper they use pad this budget? The matter don tire me o!

1 Like

Re: Budget Padding: We’ll Crush Any Attempt To Remove Dogara —oke by Bgorgeous: 8:54am On Aug 11, 2016
Of course you have collected you own share of the loot, why wouldn't you vomit thus nonsense

1 Like

Re: Budget Padding: We’ll Crush Any Attempt To Remove Dogara —oke by Young03(m): 8:56am On Aug 11, 2016
look at this ewu Igbo
Re: Budget Padding: We’ll Crush Any Attempt To Remove Dogara —oke by miqos02(m): 8:58am On Aug 11, 2016
seen
Re: Budget Padding: We’ll Crush Any Attempt To Remove Dogara —oke by Nobody: 9:05am On Aug 11, 2016
He said,99percent are with dogara.
Now you can comfirm what the complainant said,that dogara bribed them with $20,000 each.

2 Likes

Re: Budget Padding: We’ll Crush Any Attempt To Remove Dogara —oke by sunkeychito: 9:11am On Aug 11, 2016
Good talk from wole oke
Re: Budget Padding: We’ll Crush Any Attempt To Remove Dogara —oke by Figs(m): 9:15am On Aug 11, 2016
the sins of Apc ar saintly sins so it can't b punished.Com 2019,som senseless Nigerians wil stil run d streets supportin these criminals again,it's in their blood
Re: Budget Padding: We’ll Crush Any Attempt To Remove Dogara —oke by olisaEze(m): 9:16am On Aug 11, 2016
Wahala no dey finish 4Naija... undecided

(1) (2) (Reply)

Maina Will Be Murdered If He Comes Out Of Hiding - Aide / President Buhari Presides Over Security Meeting / Twin Killed In Yobe Children's Academy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.