Stats: 3,152,961 members, 7,817,818 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:21 PM

Why Do Majority Of Smartphone Users In Nigeria Detest Windows Phone? - Phones (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Why Do Majority Of Smartphone Users In Nigeria Detest Windows Phone? (22910 Views)

Bill Gates Switches To Android Phone, Dumps Windows Phone / Auto Correct: Smartphone Users Worst Enemy / 20 Weird Things All Addict Android Smartphone Users Do (PHOTOS) (2) (3) (4)

Re: Why Do Majority Of Smartphone Users In Nigeria Detest Windows Phone? by Boyooosa(m): 8:48am On Aug 12, 2016
Windows tagline: we do various versions but they are not smart!
Re: Why Do Majority Of Smartphone Users In Nigeria Detest Windows Phone? by Nobody: 8:49am On Aug 12, 2016
ahnie:
we are using same phone...abeg cum n buy my phone....i hate windows phone.
miss..how much do u want to sell ur phone i sent u a mail
Re: Why Do Majority Of Smartphone Users In Nigeria Detest Windows Phone? by elektra80: 8:59am On Aug 12, 2016
miketayo:

Op 90% of the people criticizing windows phone haven't used it. They just assume nd say crap

I used lumia 930 for 9 months, great build, great camera. Throughout the time I used it I tried to think it was the best. I tried my best to ignore it's flaws and just enjoy it's goodoes. But the day I changed back to android it was like I got delivered from a bondage. Seriously mhen windows have a long way to go... The experience cannot be compared with android.
Re: Why Do Majority Of Smartphone Users In Nigeria Detest Windows Phone? by elektra80: 9:01am On Aug 12, 2016
miketayo:

Windows phone is the most secured OS. Yall don't know anything about phones operating system, u hear rumours nd come here to give rubbish advise

Yes windows phone is secure... The thing is hackers have no time to make virus for Windows phone. The main reason why viruses are made is to steal ur information. So why would a hacker waste his time to make virus for Windows phone that has only 0.7% market share when they could have used that resources to make virus for android with over 80% market share.

Re: Why Do Majority Of Smartphone Users In Nigeria Detest Windows Phone? by DaveHert(m): 9:02am On Aug 12, 2016
miketayo:

If u typed all this not trying to make an argument, I wonder wat u ll type trying to make an argument.. So u want to tell me u didn't see files or file explorer in ur lumia? S6 is an awesome phone no doubt infact i wont go for any other android aside Samsung. I never accused u of not owning an S6 , I was talking about d lumia because even d 8.1 version has a file manager

Believe me if i was being augmentative you would know! Unless the file Explorer has been updated, the one i came accross was lacking a lot of features, and not worth mentioning, as for whether i did have the phone... I don't see why I have to prove myself to u.
Re: Why Do Majority Of Smartphone Users In Nigeria Detest Windows Phone? by ahnie: 9:02am On Aug 12, 2016
Ebuka2016:

how much do u wanna sell it babe
i based in asaba...my nlder mailbox z not working.where do you reside
Re: Why Do Majority Of Smartphone Users In Nigeria Detest Windows Phone? by Alfred234(m): 9:05am On Aug 12, 2016
I used the Lumia 630 sometime last year and I must say that the OS is very smooth, with just 512MB RAM I play heavy games like Asphalt 8, 6 guns e.t.c and they don't lag sometimes I even minimize the games to do other things and most times they resume. if you try this on an android phone with 512MB RAM your phone will lag like hell. The downsides of the windows phone are that they don't have enough apps, imagine ordinary VLC player I couldn't get for my Lumia 630 I couldn't watch some videos on my phone because the default video player couldn't play them, the phone is not customizable, any little fall can lead to a crack on your screen (forget the fact that its gorilla glass), it requires strong network signals ( While my brother's android phone was picking up weak 3G network signals my Lumia couldn't pick up anything because the signal wasn't strong enough)

Overall the phone is good for people who only make calls and surf the net, if you like tweaking and customizing your phone then am sorry the Windows phone is not the phone for you.
Re: Why Do Majority Of Smartphone Users In Nigeria Detest Windows Phone? by DaveHert(m): 9:05am On Aug 12, 2016
jideniceguy:

Oh okay bro thanks. Buh the problem is that I dunno which app to use to root my J5. I've tried different rootin apps includin kingroot and none of them worked.

Use cf auto root with odin!
Re: Why Do Majority Of Smartphone Users In Nigeria Detest Windows Phone? by elektra80: 9:11am On Aug 12, 2016
miketayo:

Really where did that 0.7% come from then..even techno or infinix isn't in America yet it's widely used here. Even at that , its still no way to judge d phone, we all started from somewhere ryt.. I am using wp and its awesome, d only problem is app updation, I ll still pick it over android over-all

It is not like windows is new bro... They ha e been around before android and ios with Windows mobile. And then windows phone 7 was created in 2010, android was created in 2008... They are not too far apart.

I member when windows phone came out in 2010, a lot of people migrated to windows because they wanted to see what they offer. In 2013 windows phone had about 3.4% markeshare. But that figure has been dropping ever since then because people that migrated to windows found out it lacked a lot of things so they all migrated back to android or ios. Last year they had close to 2% and this year it has dropped to 0.7% because windows 10 mobile is a failure. Trust me if windows is that good people will buy them and they would have more market share.

I once used lumia 930 and I had the same feeling u are having right now. Because it was my phone I believed it was the best. I tried as much as possible to ignore it's flaws, I loved it then.. used it for 9 months. But the day I changed back to android I was like 'freedom at last'. It looked like a big burden was taken off my head. That's how it is... The moment u stopped using ur windows phone and use a better android phone, then u will realize what u been missing.
Re: Why Do Majority Of Smartphone Users In Nigeria Detest Windows Phone? by Godswillnwaoma(m): 9:21am On Aug 12, 2016
elektra80:

It is not like windows is new bro... They ha e been around before android and ios with Windows mobile. And then windows phone 7 was created in 2010, android was created in 2008... They are not too far apart.

I member when windows phone came out in 2010, a lot of people migrated to windows because they wanted to see what they offer. In 2013 windows phone had about 3.4% markeshare. But that figure has been dropping ever since then because people that migrated to windows found out it lacked a lot of things so they all migrated back to android or ios. Last year they had close to 2% and this year it has dropped to 0.7% because windows 10 mobile is a failure. Trust me if windows is that good people will buy them and they would have more market share.

I once used lumia 930 and I had the same feeling u are having right now. Because it was my phone I believed it was the best. I tried as much as possible to ignore it's flaws, I loved it then.. used it for 9 months. But the day I changed back to android I was like 'freedom at last'. It looked like a big burden was taken off my head. That's how it is... The moment u stopped using ur windows phone and use a better android phone, then u will realize what u been missing.
I wil try android then I compare.
Re: Why Do Majority Of Smartphone Users In Nigeria Detest Windows Phone? by DaveHert(m): 9:25am On Aug 12, 2016
miketayo:

Windows phone ended with 8.1 .. I was referring to windows 10 on Lumia devices as well as laptops. Don't use d FBI as an example, even d FBI has been hacked several times.

U never said windows 10 or laptops in ur initial comment, and when I mentioned FBI, it's because they have the means to bypass most securities and have most hackers at their disposal, but still they couldn't get through the iphones security, and as for the fbi gettig hacked, companies and cooperations get hacked, that is the hacking scene for you!
Re: Why Do Majority Of Smartphone Users In Nigeria Detest Windows Phone? by omololu2020(m): 9:31am On Aug 12, 2016
Godswillnwaoma:
who told you that crap.
he is right...am using a window phone
Re: Why Do Majority Of Smartphone Users In Nigeria Detest Windows Phone? by DaveHert(m): 9:32am On Aug 12, 2016
NAVYdogg:

This guy bad gahnnn! Look at the way u murdered Lumia. Abeg inbox me your username for GL make we discuss some important issues.
Hehe ..... but GL username? Not familiar with that!
Re: Why Do Majority Of Smartphone Users In Nigeria Detest Windows Phone? by ddjay: 9:32am On Aug 12, 2016
for me, its uncustomisable,keep looking at the same interface all the time, haba na grin reminds me of the tiles in my toilet/bathroom

Re: Why Do Majority Of Smartphone Users In Nigeria Detest Windows Phone? by DaveHert(m): 9:37am On Aug 12, 2016
Limerick:

Kai, this guy's reply just nailed it for me grin grin grin
cool grin
Re: Why Do Majority Of Smartphone Users In Nigeria Detest Windows Phone? by elektra80: 9:38am On Aug 12, 2016
miketayo:

Windows phone ended with 8.1 .. I was referring to windows 10 on Lumia devices as well as laptops. Don't use d FBI as an example, even d FBI has been hacked several times.

Windows 10 mobile is not too different from Windows phone 8.1 , it is still the same architecture. (don't judge with pc experience because it is different). Same way android 6.0 has the same architecture as 5.1.
Re: Why Do Majority Of Smartphone Users In Nigeria Detest Windows Phone? by decibelz95: 9:49am On Aug 12, 2016
DaveHert:

Because in comparison to Android phones and IOS the windows phone has way more restrictions and limitations. From your above comment, it would appear you don't do much with your phone, that's the only reason you are OK with your lumia, me for instance (my type in general), I do a lot of programming and designing on my phone, I like tweaking and customising my phone to get the best out of it, I use advance applications and when I want to pay a game, I want a hardcore game that has great graphics. We basically use phones that have freedom to do anything and everything!

But with the lumia I can't brag of being allowed to do those things, from the limitations on tweaking and customization, to the less addictive games & applications that can't be compared to that of Android or IOS, to the lack of devoted developers for its platform and finally its lack of advance functionality and features. Lumia is simply not a phone for advance phone users, it's for the "make calls/text, take pictures/videos, do a little internet surfing/chat and enjoy a long boring battery life" kind of users.
Yeah I would rather use a low tech Android phone than a high tech lumia phone, why? Because a lumia phone has the tech but doesn't utilise it! While an Android phone will utilise every bit of that low tech it has!

You have to be on our side of the fence to understand why we don't do windows phones grin

you spoke correctly and reasonably. I've been a windows mobile user for over 2years. i agree there are lots of limitations but am kinda enjoying the windows 10 OS. i also like the synchronization speed of the windows phone, everything in my phone ranging from evn text messages, contacts,documents to pics and videos are all in my windows computer. One drive is far better than google drive, that's for those who value the use of cloud storage. Nonetheless, android OS is more user friendly, more apps in google play store, but windows phone is still cool in its own way.

Re: Why Do Majority Of Smartphone Users In Nigeria Detest Windows Phone? by DaveHert(m): 9:50am On Aug 12, 2016
Reference:

It is true we are all different. My phone is my phone. Used for calls mainly and it has to work. I cannot use an android phone for calls because the hardware it supports is just poor. If I want to do anything visual beyond calls and simple messaging I use a tab like the Samsung Tab 3. With the 10.1 screen it gives you the field of view you need and the fact that I have a life beyond the internet I can let it charge when I work. But my phone has to be on standby 24/7. Android cannot do this. The fact that you have a gazzilion apps on your phone means it is compromised in many other aspects some of which I cannot tolerate. So you don't see me with broken screens, power banks and other rubbish paraphernalia people need to maintain sanity. And as a field person, my voice phone has to be sturdy, enduring and able to take the heat....so it the network that powers it.

Isn't the Samsung tab you are using running on android And then saying an android phone has poor hardware only means you have issues, lolz unless you are talking of a cheap tecno phone I would advise you retract that comment, and as for ba3, that is an issue on every platform, innovators are still working on a way to bypass that, but with a premium android phone like the latest flagship phones. If you want to prioritise you preference on securians, Battery life and sanity then stick to a Nokia tochlight, otherwise don't criticise others preference or choice of phone.
Re: Why Do Majority Of Smartphone Users In Nigeria Detest Windows Phone? by DaveHert(m): 9:54am On Aug 12, 2016
decibelz95:

you spoke correctly and reasonably. I've been a windows mobile user for over 2years. i agree there are lots of limitations but am kinda enjoying the windows 10 OS. i also like the synchronization speed of the windows phone, everything in my phone ranging from evn text messages, contacts,documents to pics and videos are all in my windows computer. One drive is far better than google drive, that's for those who value the use of cloud storage. Nonetheless, android OS is more user friendly, more apps in google play store, but windows phone is still cool in its own way.

Just by ur honest comment I already like you, I have only used windows 10 on laptops, but I am yet to use it on lumia, and yes, one drive is awesome on windows 10.

Re: Why Do Majority Of Smartphone Users In Nigeria Detest Windows Phone? by Nobody: 10:13am On Aug 12, 2016
DaveHert:

Use cf auto root with odin!
Okay pls can u put me thru the procedure
Re: Why Do Majority Of Smartphone Users In Nigeria Detest Windows Phone? by miketayo(m): 10:32am On Aug 12, 2016
elektra80:

Windows 10 mobile is not too different from Windows phone 8.1 , it is still the same architecture. (don't judge with pc experience because it is different). Same way android 6.0 has the same architecture as 5.1.

not too different but yet different
Re: Why Do Majority Of Smartphone Users In Nigeria Detest Windows Phone? by Nobody: 10:32am On Aug 12, 2016
I have used Lumia 820.It is bleeped up phone.I just dash Nokia my money( 45k as at January 2014 I bought it).
Re: Why Do Majority Of Smartphone Users In Nigeria Detest Windows Phone? by miketayo(m): 10:33am On Aug 12, 2016
DaveHert:

U never said windows 10 or laptops in ur initial comment, and when I mentioned FBI, it's because they have the means to bypass most securities and have most hackers at their disposal, but still they couldn't get through the iphones security, and as for the fbi gettig hacked, companies and cooperations get hacked, that is the hacking scene for you!

my point is windows 10 is more secured than IOS 9
Re: Why Do Majority Of Smartphone Users In Nigeria Detest Windows Phone? by zzzzy: 10:37am On Aug 12, 2016
miketayo:

wait wait wait, are you serious?
Re: Why Do Majority Of Smartphone Users In Nigeria Detest Windows Phone? by miketayo(m): 10:38am On Aug 12, 2016
elektra80:

dat was window phone 7.5 when they launched upgraded to 7.8..if u ask me they launched too soon.. windows phone 8.1 and windows 10 are great updates for the later operating systems.. I have a galaxy s4 FYI so m not missing anything... over all i still prefer my lumia 730, am not saying i dont love the samsung
Re: Why Do Majority Of Smartphone Users In Nigeria Detest Windows Phone? by miketayo(m): 10:39am On Aug 12, 2016
DaveHert:

Believe me if i was being augmentative you would know! Unless the file Explorer has been updated, the one i came accross was lacking a lot of features, and not worth mentioning, as for whether i did have the phone... I don't see why I have to prove myself to u.

Noted
Re: Why Do Majority Of Smartphone Users In Nigeria Detest Windows Phone? by miketayo(m): 10:40am On Aug 12, 2016
elektra80:

Yes windows phone is secure... The thing is hackers have no time to make virus for Windows phone. The main reason why viruses are made is to steal ur information. So why would a hacker waste his time to make virus for Windows phone that has only 0.7% market share when they could have used that resources to make virus for android with over 80% market share.

they dont need to cracked their brains to make virus for and open source OS... in terms of security am comparing it with IOS devices and not android.
Re: Why Do Majority Of Smartphone Users In Nigeria Detest Windows Phone? by elektra80: 10:42am On Aug 12, 2016
Reference:

It is true we are all different. My phone is my phone. Used for calls mainly and it has to work. I cannot use an android phone for calls because the hardware it supports is just poor.

The current available flagship windows phone is lumia 950xl and it has poor hardware compared to galaxy s7, lg g5 and htc 10. Ok maybe I'm going overboard with these android flagships. Even cheaper phones like Alcatel idol 4s, ZTE axion 7, one plus 3, xioami mi5 all still have better hardware than the overly expensive lumia 950xl

Re: Why Do Majority Of Smartphone Users In Nigeria Detest Windows Phone? by DaveHert(m): 10:48am On Aug 12, 2016
miketayo:

As much as I luv windows os on pc, it's still not as secure as IOS, go nd do ur research my friend. I might not be a fanatic of the IOS but I have to tell the truth, Windows 10 is not as secure as IOS 9, I would explain why but am busy right now but just Google a bit of security comparison between them and u will be surprised by ur findings. Windows 10 is secure but IOS is more!
Re: Why Do Majority Of Smartphone Users In Nigeria Detest Windows Phone? by guydangerous(m): 10:50am On Aug 12, 2016
ernieboy:

but apple phones are not flexible in terms of tweaking, but it is still popular.
who told you,jailbreak apple phone na make you see wonder.
Re: Why Do Majority Of Smartphone Users In Nigeria Detest Windows Phone? by DaveHert(m): 10:51am On Aug 12, 2016
jideniceguy:

Okay pls can u put me thru the procedure
Google it, it's easier
Re: Why Do Majority Of Smartphone Users In Nigeria Detest Windows Phone? by coolniyi99(m): 11:23am On Aug 12, 2016
I migrated to android...and, o boy ! Sweet sweet sweet.....it doesn't consume data as you say

Whatsapp Banned My Number / How My Stolen iPhone Was Returned After 7 Months / Last Day On Earth: Survival MOD + Save Game Files For Android

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73