Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,207 members, 7,815,207 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:01 AM

Why Nigeria, Its People, Are Suffering — Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Nigeria, Its People, Are Suffering — Buhari (56366 Views)

Nigerians Are Suffering, Buhari Should Hire Me In His Economic Team: Sanusi / I Know Nigerians Are Suffering- Buhari / "It Is NOT True That Nigerians Are Suffering" - Buhari's Spokesperson. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Nigeria, Its People, Are Suffering — Buhari by idris93(m): 5:01pm On Aug 11, 2016
President Muhammadu Buhari on Thursday said the sudden drop in the price of crude oil has left Nigeria poor, leaving it to struggle economically and it people suffering.
Mr. Buhari however said his administration’s commitment to transparency and accountability was serving the country in good stead, despite severe shortage of resources in the country.
The President spoke Thursday at the State House, Abuja, while receiving the United Nations Population Fund (UNFPA) Executive Director and Under Secretary General of the United Nations, Prof Babatunde Osotimehin.
“It has been a very difficult year for Nigeria. Before we came to office, petroleum sold for about $100 per barrel.
Then it crashed to $37, and now oscillates between $40 and $45 per barrel. Suddenly, we’re a poor country, but commitment to transparency and accountability is not making people know that there is severe shortage,” Special Adviser on Media and Publicity, Femi Adesina, quoted the President as saying.
Asking UNFPA to bear with Nigeria in whichever area the country could not live up to its responsibilities for now, President Buhari said exploding population and different cultural practices in the country provide fertile ground for research to organizations like UNFPA.
The President thanked the UN agency for its commitment to saving lives in Nigeria, particularly of women and children.
On food security, President Buhari said reports from the North-East of the country were encouraging, as people were returning to their farmlands, with the guarantee of relative security.
Prof Osotimehin, a former Minister of Health in Nigeria, said UNFPA was determined to promote health care facilities across the country, noting that reduction of maternal mortality was doable, if the country paid more attention to access to health facilities, and human resources to run them.
He also encouraged Nigeria to commit to providing resources for health care, on a rollover basis, pledging that the UN would work with the country to provide humanitarian assistance not only in the North-East, “but even extended to the Lake Chad basin.”

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/208453-nigeria-people-suffering-buhari.html

7 Likes

Re: Why Nigeria, Its People, Are Suffering — Buhari by delishpot: 5:04pm On Aug 11, 2016
Will they say anything beyond it's Gej's fault?

302 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Why Nigeria, Its People, Are Suffering — Buhari by madridguy(m): 5:05pm On Aug 11, 2016
THE SUFFERING IS MUCH SAI BABA.

Meanwhile, I will stand with President Buhari till final whistle. So help me God, Amin.

244 Likes 28 Shares

Re: Why Nigeria, Its People, Are Suffering — Buhari by Nobody: 5:09pm On Aug 11, 2016
So that was why it took you long to appoint unmerited ministers?

A good leader shines in the period of recession, it enables him to perfectly exercise his ingenious knowledge and dexterity in curbing such adversities/recessions. But not in the case of man that barred the importation of rice when the local producing capacity is not up to par with the demand of such commodity, causing importers to smuggle the commodity with expensive rates.

Even if Oil price hits $1000pb today, the clueless cow rearer will spend the revenue on fruitless tourisms.

465 Likes 33 Shares

Re: Why Nigeria, Its People, Are Suffering — Buhari by fendorf(m): 5:17pm On Aug 11, 2016
Nigeria will be great again

90 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Why Nigeria, Its People, Are Suffering — Buhari by Standing5(m): 5:19pm On Aug 11, 2016
Every sane mind knows our dependence on oil is the cause of our suffering.

140 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Nigeria, Its People, Are Suffering — Buhari by dunkem21(m): 5:20pm On Aug 11, 2016
Sincerely, Nigerians should pity Buhari cool

54 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Why Nigeria, Its People, Are Suffering — Buhari by Standing5(m): 5:30pm On Aug 11, 2016
delishpot:
Will they say anything beyond it's Gej's fault?
Take bread for example, had GEJ's cassava bread strategy produced any meaningful result, the price of bread wouldn't be double today. Don't forget that sugar, another major component of bread is largely prnduced in Nigeria.
The bad policies & wastages during all our years of excess fund is the cause of current economic predicament. I keep saying it, Buhari has already exceeded expectations. To postpone the doomsday the way he did and be paying paying salary with ease he has scored 120% already.

158 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Why Nigeria, Its People, Are Suffering — Buhari by wowmenow: 5:33pm On Aug 11, 2016
How come Saudi Arabia is not in recession

170 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Nigeria, Its People, Are Suffering — Buhari by Standing5(m): 5:34pm On Aug 11, 2016
blueto:

A good leader shines in the period of recession, it enables him to perfectly exercise his ingenious knowledge and dexterity in curbing such adversities/recessions. But not in the case of man that barred the importation of rice when the local producing capacity is not up to par with the demand of such commodity, causing importers to smuggle the commodity with expensive rates.

Even if Oil price hits $1000pb today, the clueless cow rearer will spend the revenue on fruitless tourisms.
You are simply one of the many miserable losers who can't seem to respect the opinion of the majority. Hate Buhari all you want, the man has performed 120% positively already.

84 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Why Nigeria, Its People, Are Suffering — Buhari by Tunami(m): 5:35pm On Aug 11, 2016
madridguy:

2 Likes

Re: Why Nigeria, Its People, Are Suffering — Buhari by Tunami(m): 5:36pm On Aug 11, 2016
madridguy:
my guy u no tell me say u don decamp ooo. Na which church do the deliverance na? Anyway am happy for you.

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Nigeria, Its People, Are Suffering — Buhari by delishpot: 5:38pm On Aug 11, 2016
Standing5:
Take bread for example, had GEJ's cassava bread strategy produced any meaningful result, the price of bread wouldn't be double today. Don't forget that sugar, another major component of bread is largely prnduced in Nigeria.
The bad policies & wastages during all our years of excess fund is the cause of current economic predicament. I keep saying it, Buhari has already exceeded expectations. To postpone the doomsday the way he did and be paying paying salary with ease he has scored 120% already.

Dear brother, I know the actions of our leaders past destroyed our development as a country, it is just that I already know what he would say. I am not denying what he says just that the music has been played over and over and over and over and over and over again. So I already know what to expect when this type of talk comes up. So.... time to start working for the betterment of Nigeria and leave the long story in the past. Tell me, if gej had won, would naija have been like this or maintained it's past standard?

57 Likes

Re: Why Nigeria, Its People, Are Suffering — Buhari by Standing5(m): 5:41pm On Aug 11, 2016
wowmenow:
1) They invest well during the years of excess.
2) They were and are less corrupt.
3) Their cost of producing crude oil is lowest (less than $10) while ours is average of $28.99. This alone means that at $30pb of crude in intl market they can stay afloat while we can't.
These are the three major reasons they aren't in recession.

133 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why Nigeria, Its People, Are Suffering — Buhari by Standing5(m): 5:50pm On Aug 11, 2016
delishpot:

Dear brother, I know the actions of our leaders past destroyed our development as a country, it is just that I already know what he would say. I am not denying what he says just that the music has been played over and over and over and over and over and over again. So I already know what to expect when this type of talk comes up. So.... time to start working for the betterment of Nigeria and leave the long story in the past. Tell me, if gej had won, would naija have been like this or maintained it's past standard?
Going by the indexes, the rate at which we were sliping into the current recession under GEJ was far higher than the rate under Buhari.
To explain further lets examine the prediction that warned us about dollar hitting N260/$ by May 2015. We all witnessed how that was postponed to ending of 2015. Had Gej been in charge beyond May 29 .15, he would continued to borrow more heavily as against Buhari's blockage of leakages.

72 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Nigeria, Its People, Are Suffering — Buhari by Justiyke4u: 5:55pm On Aug 11, 2016
And yet we are still looking for more oil instead of looking for other means other than oil

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Nigeria, Its People, Are Suffering — Buhari by madridguy(m): 5:59pm On Aug 11, 2016
I'm with BUHARI till final whistle.

Tunami:
my guy u no tell me say u don decamp ooo. Na which church do the deliverance na? Anyway am happy for you.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Nigeria, Its People, Are Suffering — Buhari by Nobody: 6:02pm On Aug 11, 2016
Standing5:
it was already producing a meaningful result until zombies voted in the certificateless cow rearer who came in and breached FG's agreement with bakers association to provide an improver, a capital good that is used together with cassava to produce bread
He said “you cannot bake cassava bread without an improver, it will not work.

“Our challenge is that we reached an agreement with the Federal Government that they are going to give us an improver.
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/06/hike-in-price-of-bread-imminent-says-national-chairman-of-master-bakers/

So you can see that Buhari's govt failed to provide improver for the use of cassava in production of bread.

What a failed administration.

144 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why Nigeria, Its People, Are Suffering — Buhari by Tunami(m): 6:02pm On Aug 11, 2016
madridguy:

lol. Ok. Kwontinue.

23 Likes

Re: Why Nigeria, Its People, Are Suffering — Buhari by delishpot: 6:09pm On Aug 11, 2016
Standing5:

Going by the indexes, the rate at which we were sliping into the current recession under GEJ was far higher than the rate under Buhari.
To explain further lets examine the prediction that warned us about dollar hitting N260/$ by May 2015. We all witnessed how that was postponed to ending of 2015. Had Gej been in charge beyond May 29 .15, he would continued to borrow more heavily as against Buhari's blockage of leakages.

You have a point there. We all know it's hard to stop borrowing, pay off old debt while ones income has not increased. You make sense. I did not put onto consideration the way our economy was being sustained in the past compared to now.

Are you due for promotion at your work place? My body is sweeting me the way you respond without hurling insults, I feel like promotion is coming your way soon cool

38 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Nigeria, Its People, Are Suffering — Buhari by Realdeals(m): 6:11pm On Aug 11, 2016
I see sane contributions on this thread. Had GEJ won, things would have been worse.

40 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Nigeria, Its People, Are Suffering — Buhari by Nobody: 6:16pm On Aug 11, 2016
these people and their blame game, when they see that the oil price has risen, then they start blaming NDA for the reason of not producing much quantities for exportation. Blames, Blames and Blames.

70 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Nigeria, Its People, Are Suffering — Buhari by wristbangle: 6:17pm On Aug 11, 2016
blueto:

[s]Even if Oil price hits $1000pb today, the clueless cow rearer will spend the revenue on fruitless tourisms.[/s]

Wrong thing to say. The economy will be auto running well even if a 3yrs old baby is our president.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Nigeria, Its People, Are Suffering — Buhari by vedaxcool(m): 6:19pm On Aug 11, 2016
wowmenow:

Saudi has over $500 billion in foreign currency reserves. .. Remind us again how much GEJ left behind?

47 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Nigeria, Its People, Are Suffering — Buhari by Standing5(m): 6:20pm On Aug 11, 2016
blueto:
. it was already producing a meaningful result until zombies voted in the certificateless cow rearer who came in and breached FG's agreement with bakers association to provide an improver, a capital good that is used together with cassava to produce bread
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/06/hike-in-price-of-bread-imminent-says-national-chairman-of-master-bakers/

So you can see that Buhari's govt failed to provide improver for the use of cassava in production of bread.

What a failed administration.
Improver? Stop lying. GEJ has enough time to get any fictitious improver.

15 Likes

Re: Why Nigeria, Its People, Are Suffering — Buhari by Nobody: 6:22pm On Aug 11, 2016
Standing5:
Improver? Stop lying. GEJ has enough time to get any fictitious improver.
what is this one saying?
That assertion by the baker was made under during buhari's era with a significance that improver was no longer provided to sustain the production of bread with cassava. this indicates that buhari's govt breached on their agreement with the association to provide improver. Now the bakers are have resorted to using expensive flours for baking of bread.

73 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Nigeria, Its People, Are Suffering — Buhari by Standing5(m): 6:32pm On Aug 11, 2016
delishpot:

You have a point there. We all know it's hard to stop borrowing, pay off old debt while ones income has not increased. You make sense. I did not put onto consideration the way our economy was being sustained in the past compared to now.

Are you due for promotion at your work place? My body is sweeting me the way you respond without hurling insults
I know I am (In a way).

I feel like promotion is coming your way soon cool
Amen.

10 Likes

Re: Why Nigeria, Its People, Are Suffering — Buhari by delishpot: 6:34pm On Aug 11, 2016
Standing5:
I know I am (In a way).

Amen.

Congrats in advance.

5 Likes

Re: Why Nigeria, Its People, Are Suffering — Buhari by Standing5(m): 6:37pm On Aug 11, 2016
blueto:
what is this one saying?
That assertion by the baker was made under during buhari's era with a significance that improver was no longer provided to sustain the production of bread with cassava. this indicates that buhari's govt breached on their agreement with the association to provide improver. Now the bakers are have resorted to using expensive flours for baking of bread.
I see your point now. But why subsidize improver?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Nigeria, Its People, Are Suffering — Buhari by Nobody: 8:20pm On Aug 11, 2016
Post Retracted

8 Likes

Re: Why Nigeria, Its People, Are Suffering — Buhari by Nobody: 8:29pm On Aug 11, 2016
Re: Why Nigeria, Its People, Are Suffering — Buhari by ajepako(f): 8:51pm On Aug 11, 2016
madridguy:

Ebi o ti pa imale ni ko je elede....

15 Likes 4 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Police Pour Water And Teargas On Governor Fubara / PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION RESULTS CURRENT STANDINGS (UPDATED -31/03/2015, 5.53pm) / Peter Obi Meets Atiku Abubakar At Gov. Diri Father's Funeral

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.