Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,166 members, 7,815,063 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:35 AM

83-Day-Old Marriage Dissolved In Ibadan - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / 83-Day-Old Marriage Dissolved In Ibadan (29346 Views)

Man Ends 22-year-old Marriage Over Wife’s Trousers / 15-Year-Old Marriage Crashing Over Mouth Action / 21-year-old Marriage Dissolved Over Food (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

83-Day-Old Marriage Dissolved In Ibadan by bustyhelen(f): 5:07pm On Aug 11, 2016
Ibadan – A Mapo Customary Court in Ibadan on Wednesday dissolved an 83-day-old marriage between Pa Owolabi Alowonle and his wife, Idia, for deception.

Alowonle, 70, a surveyor was a widower before he married Idia, who was a widow.

The President of the court, Mr Hentic Agbaje, held that both Alowonle and Idia based their rush into marriage on infatuation and the urge to satisfy their selfish ambitions.

“I don’t exactly understand why two elderly persons who are already widow and widower should carelessly rush into a marriage without proper knowledge of one another.

“Well, I only wish both of you good as you have both accepted dissolution of the union.

“Therefore, in the interest of peaceful coexistence, the 83-day-old union between Alowonle and Idia has ceased to be henceforth,” he said.

He, however, directed Alowonle to provide a cash of N12,000 for Idia’s accommodation and another N2,000 for the movement of her belongings within seven days.

Earlier, in his petition, Alowonle, told the court that Idia was causing disharmony in his house as well as being a threat to his life.

“My lord, ever since Idia got to my home on May 18 this year, she has been doing everything possible to put an end to my life by not giving me rest of mind.

“She has been causing serious disharmony among my tenants who were peaceful before she married me.

“She and her daughter from time to time fight and gossip around the house giving unfounded information of one tenant to the other.

“As if that is not enough, Idia incited her daughter against me to abuse and break the long existing regulations I imposed on the house for peaceful coexistence of the tenants and my family.

“I barred any form of singing of religious songs which I know could cause problems among Muslim and Christian tenants.

“However, the daughter she brought from her late husband deliberately started singing in the house.

“In fact, Idia and her daughter have no respect for me,” Alowonle explained.

Idia, who did not deny any of the allegations, welcomed the divorce suit.

“It will be a big relief for me to exit his house, the house of trouble.

“My lord, when he met me as a widow, Alowonle promised to take good care of me, assuring that he had no wife since he lost his last wife.

“However, just seven days after I moved into his home as a wife, he brought in another wife and started treating me like dustbin.

“Ever since then, he asked me to leave the shop he established for me with N25,000 and has even asked me to leave his house altogether.

“It is a thing of joy for me to be free again from his unfaithfulness,’’ Idia said.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/08/court-dissolves-83-day-old-marriage-ibadan/

1 Like

Re: 83-Day-Old Marriage Dissolved In Ibadan by HungerBAD: 5:16pm On Aug 11, 2016
Interesting.

83 days married to a Nigerian woman,is the equivalent of 10 Years married to a foreign woman.

Nigerian women get Wahala I swear.

It takes patience,wisdom,surrendering of your freedom and wallet,not talking to your family and friends anymore and forgetting your happiness to her happiness to be married to a Nigerian woman.

Baba you try,83 days for prison (marriage)no easy.

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 83-Day-Old Marriage Dissolved In Ibadan by chiefolododo(m): 5:17pm On Aug 11, 2016
na many days be that oo

3 Likes

Re: 83-Day-Old Marriage Dissolved In Ibadan by kaen1317: 5:52pm On Aug 11, 2016
Clearly, wisdom doesn't come with age

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: 83-Day-Old Marriage Dissolved In Ibadan by NameChecker: 5:53pm On Aug 11, 2016
Finally!!!

The Prophesy has been fulfilled

Re: 83-Day-Old Marriage Dissolved In Ibadan by Nobody: 5:53pm On Aug 11, 2016
Mkpo a ba ooo

3 Likes

Re: 83-Day-Old Marriage Dissolved In Ibadan by dec0four: 5:53pm On Aug 11, 2016
Their p...next abeg
Re: 83-Day-Old Marriage Dissolved In Ibadan by Eazybay(m): 5:54pm On Aug 11, 2016
Na wa ooo. I don check the NAMES!!

Oya check my signature.

ITS JUST EAAAAZZZYY!!

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: 83-Day-Old Marriage Dissolved In Ibadan by abdulskulboy(m): 5:54pm On Aug 11, 2016
nna ehh, some story 4 nairaland self don tire me

1 Like

Re: 83-Day-Old Marriage Dissolved In Ibadan by damton(m): 5:54pm On Aug 11, 2016
Na dem sabi.
Re: 83-Day-Old Marriage Dissolved In Ibadan by Unpredictableme(m): 5:54pm On Aug 11, 2016
I comment my reserve

Re: 83-Day-Old Marriage Dissolved In Ibadan by ALAYORMII: 5:55pm On Aug 11, 2016
At 70 conji still push the man enter marriage

4 Likes

Re: 83-Day-Old Marriage Dissolved In Ibadan by cynhamscakes(f): 5:55pm On Aug 11, 2016
Lol. Even at old age.
Re: 83-Day-Old Marriage Dissolved In Ibadan by clevadani: 5:55pm On Aug 11, 2016
Hahahahahaha
Wetin we no go hear for naija
Re: 83-Day-Old Marriage Dissolved In Ibadan by cosby02(m): 5:55pm On Aug 11, 2016
11th Aug all about Sir Cosby... Happy bornday to meee

3 Likes

Re: 83-Day-Old Marriage Dissolved In Ibadan by TrollTrap: 5:55pm On Aug 11, 2016
Lol mad

1 Share

Re: 83-Day-Old Marriage Dissolved In Ibadan by NairaMaster1(m): 5:56pm On Aug 11, 2016
Fool @ 40
Re: 83-Day-Old Marriage Dissolved In Ibadan by aariwa(m): 5:57pm On Aug 11, 2016
Nigerian women always shy away from discussing about sex openly because they are afraid of being judged or stereotyped.I feel the reason for the break up of the young marriage may be due to inability of one partner to satisfy the other sexually

1 Like

Re: 83-Day-Old Marriage Dissolved In Ibadan by favouredon(f): 5:57pm On Aug 11, 2016
Like seriously? Infatuation at old age
Re: 83-Day-Old Marriage Dissolved In Ibadan by PaulIdu: 5:59pm On Aug 11, 2016
Even in old age women are still trouble ..na God go help men
Re: 83-Day-Old Marriage Dissolved In Ibadan by Btruth: 5:59pm On Aug 11, 2016
.....thought they say "a fool at 40, is a fool.....?"

Oru wahala wo leyi?
Re: 83-Day-Old Marriage Dissolved In Ibadan by hychartoseni: 5:59pm On Aug 11, 2016
Lolz,,, tht woman wan finish d man life
Re: 83-Day-Old Marriage Dissolved In Ibadan by ReorxTohGan(m): 6:00pm On Aug 11, 2016
Dafuq!!And This Made FP....Well,Its no news SENILITY literally runs in Nigeria's blood na!!!
Re: 83-Day-Old Marriage Dissolved In Ibadan by kayo80(m): 6:01pm On Aug 11, 2016
83 days? They almost beat Kim Kardashian and Kris Humphries record.

Re: 83-Day-Old Marriage Dissolved In Ibadan by ekpesa(m): 6:05pm On Aug 11, 2016
sapiosexual1:
Mkpo a ba ooo

Idoho etuk mkpo.

1 Like

Re: 83-Day-Old Marriage Dissolved In Ibadan by Louiscutedude(m): 6:05pm On Aug 11, 2016
Old news tho i saw dis yesterday in vanguard news..... ;DOld news tho i saw dis yesterday in vanguard news..... grin
Re: 83-Day-Old Marriage Dissolved In Ibadan by MrImole: 6:07pm On Aug 11, 2016
Hahahahahahaha grin
Re: 83-Day-Old Marriage Dissolved In Ibadan by Queenoma(f): 6:13pm On Aug 11, 2016
This is quite funny cheesy
Re: 83-Day-Old Marriage Dissolved In Ibadan by pennyland(m): 6:16pm On Aug 11, 2016
87 years windows remarried again, and never retired from service,
Re: 83-Day-Old Marriage Dissolved In Ibadan by IMASTEX: 6:17pm On Aug 11, 2016
hmm

(1) (2) (Reply)

US-Based Nigerian Boy Ignores Parents Calls For Family Prayer, Plays Video Game / Chinedu Okeke: This SA Man Is Searching For His Long Lost Family From Abia / Paternity Fraud: Shocking Revelations As More Couples Embrace DNA Testing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.