Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,759 members, 7,817,092 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:03 AM

Is It Possible To Marry A Poor Guy? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is It Possible To Marry A Poor Guy? (7472 Views)

What It Is Like Coming From A Poor Background, And The Way To Succeed In Life. / Should A Very Poor Guy Go And Marry? / Is It Possible To Get Pregnant Two Days Before The Period? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Possible To Marry A Poor Guy? by sammyjl(f): 2:00pm On Nov 20, 2008
Yep
Re: Is It Possible To Marry A Poor Guy? by tureal(m): 1:21am On Dec 07, 2009
if you nor get money you be morkey no honey not even dieling according to uncle p,, ,, no girl is ready to marry e go better, they all looking for e don better
Re: Is It Possible To Marry A Poor Guy? by Fhemmmy: 5:16am On Dec 07, 2009
Yes it is, shd u marry a man that is poor, that is a diferent question
Re: Is It Possible To Marry A Poor Guy? by omahost005: 1:43pm On Dec 07, 2009
Yea! it is possible. Remember, no condition is permanent. A guy is poor today does not mean he will not be rich tomorrow. Marrying a rich guy is not it; but a guy who realy loves & cares 4 u, 4 luv conquers all.
Re: Is It Possible To Marry A Poor Guy? by Fhemmmy: 6:22pm On Dec 07, 2009
omahost005:

Yea! it is possible. Remember, no condition is permanent. A guy is poor today does not mean he will not be rich tomorrow. Marrying a rich guy is not it; but a guy who realy loves & cares 4 u, 4 luv conquers all.

A poor man that does nothing about his condition will remain poor
Re: Is It Possible To Marry A Poor Guy? by ijawgirl: 8:11pm On Dec 07, 2009
A poor guy with potiental
not some NFA!
Re: Is It Possible To Marry A Poor Guy? by Fhemmmy: 8:17pm On Dec 07, 2009
ijaw_girl:

A poor guy with potiental
not some NFA!

Wonderfully said, agreed with you, cos love is not enuf
Re: Is It Possible To Marry A Poor Guy? by Nobody: 11:08pm On Dec 11, 2009
there r 3 reasons y "nigerian galz choose not 2 marry a poor guy.talkin from a niger galz perspective.1-if she suffered hardship wit him n he is com4table hill start lukin 4 stupid excuses 2 cheat around say maybe shes 2 fat or shes no longer a good cook etc 2-its very difficult 4 a gal who has lived in a wealthy and com4table home 2 marry a pauper.even if she is fallin in luv her parents will giv her reasons 2 fall out of luv n marry som1 of her class 3-no gal,i inclusive is ready 2 live in poverty,eating to kip body n soul not necesarily liking d food out of poverty and most galz.i inclusive cant sit n watch n allow my baby suffer mal nutrition,besides it will be a slap on my face n an embarrasment 2 my parent 4 me 2 study in an expensive school n come out with a good degree n end up with a paupe.god 4bid.i"ll definetly marry som1 of my level or higher if possible.any way wot r my sayin likes attract likes.a male graduate can neva be attracted 2 a pepper seller,neither can a female graduate be attracted 2 a poor bus conductor
Re: Is It Possible To Marry A Poor Guy? by Nobody: 11:11pm On Dec 11, 2009
there r 3 reasons y "nigerian galz choose not 2 marry a poor guy.talkin from a niger galz perspective.1-if she suffered hardship wit him n he is com4table hill start lukin 4 stupid excuses 2 cheat around say maybe shes 2 fat or shes no longer a good cook etc 2-its very difficult 4 a gal who has lived in a wealthy and com4table home 2 marry a pauper.even if she is fallin in luv her parents will giv her reasons 2 fall out of luv n marry som1 of her class 3-no gal,i inclusive is ready 2 live in poverty,eating to kip body n soul not necesarily liking d food out of poverty and most galz.i inclusive cant sit n watch n allow my baby suffer mal nutrition,besides it will be a slap on my face n an embarrasment 2 my parent 4 me 2 study in an expensive school n come out with a good degree n end up with a paupe.god 4bid.i"ll definetly marry som1 of my level or higher if possible.any way wot r my sayin likes attract likes.a  male graduate can neva be attracted 2 a pepper seller,neither can a female graduate be attracted 2 a poor bus conductor
Re: Is It Possible To Marry A Poor Guy? by maitapo9ic(m): 11:20pm On Dec 11, 2009
it is god, bad, ugly, to get friend ship 2 a poor guy becouse love is decition between one person 2 the other
Re: Is It Possible To Marry A Poor Guy? by Fhemmmy: 11:23pm On Dec 11, 2009
kulyie:

there r 3 reasons y "nigerian galz choose not 2 marry a poor guy.talkin from a niger galz perspective.1-if she suffered hardship wit him n he is com4table hill start lukin 4 silly excuses 2 cheat around say maybe shes 2 fat or shes no longer a good cook etc 2-its very difficult 4 a gal who has lived in a wealthy and com4table home 2 marry a pauper.even if she is fallin in luv her parents will giv her reasons 2 fall out of luv n marry som1 of her class 3-no gal,i inclusive is ready 2 live in poverty,eating to kip body n soul not necesarily liking d food out of poverty and most galz.i inclusive cant sit n watch n allow my baby suffer mal nutrition,besides it will be a slap on my face n an embarrasment 2 my parent 4 me 2 study in an expensive school n come out with a good degree n end up with a paupe.god 4bid.i"ll definetly marry som1 of my level or higher if possible.any way wot r my sayin likes attract likes.a  male graduate can neva be attracted 2 a pepper seller,neither can a female graduate be attracted 2 a poor bus conductor

poor man don suffer oh
Re: Is It Possible To Marry A Poor Guy? by nodullme(f): 11:18am On Dec 14, 2009
Poor at what age please?

If he's a young graduate, well, there's a potential as they say,
but if he's over 35 and still poor, haaa, that one hard o,
forget all that "if we love each other we shall overcome" it's a lie

It has been said that money is the cause of most divorce cases.
Re: Is It Possible To Marry A Poor Guy? by Eaglebabe: 3:41pm On Jan 08, 2010
To me money is not an issue.l am interested in who u are and not what u are.
Re: Is It Possible To Marry A Poor Guy? by Joan4427(f): 4:41pm On Jan 12, 2010
Everything is possible under the sun. It all depends on what you want and how you feel, etc.
Re: Is It Possible To Marry A Poor Guy? by Nobody: 5:17pm On Jan 12, 2010
the problem isnt necessarily marrying the poor guy but the fact that if he makes it rich in the future, he may decide not to care for the wife who was there while he was poor.
Re: Is It Possible To Marry A Poor Guy? by jcross22: 6:40pm On Jan 18, 2010
there are condition that back it up ,even in the whole wide world money is the pillar that hold the relationship or the guy sabi service well well .
Re: Is It Possible To Marry A Poor Guy? by twinkle87(f): 10:10pm On May 21, 2010
My parents are a perfect example, mumsi's dad was RICH in every sense of the word, popsi dad died early and their family was a write off!
But popsi's swore that none of his offspring wld ever suffer what he went thru, was a houseboy up to uni, was only able to pay school fees cos he got a scholarship
His perseverance, determination and God's grace saw him thru.

So back to question
Is it possible to marry a poor guy? YES!!! As long as he has made up his mind not to remain poor!!!
Re: Is It Possible To Marry A Poor Guy? by Rare(m): 2:18pm On Jun 01, 2010
I think everything depends on your state of mind at the time you meet a potential spouse.

When a lady's in a state of life when she has nothing & hence nothing to lose; anything goes. The 'poor' guy may not seem poor to her.

However, consider a lady who is building a good career and can support herself (or has a lot of family support), I expect her to be more choosy. She could possibly marry a guy she sees as 'poor' if and only if she can better him, or believes in him while having resources to give him a lot of support.
Re: Is It Possible To Marry A Poor Guy? by luap: 10:31pm On Jun 01, 2010
I say, for the guy and girl to become financially responsible before marriage. enough said.
Re: Is It Possible To Marry A Poor Guy? by skeed19: 1:00pm On Jun 02, 2010
I HAVE BEEN READING WITH KEEN INTEREST THE COMMENTS OF EVERYONE, AND I CONCLUDED THAT EVERYONE IS ALLOWED TO ERR HIS/VIEWS. WELL,
IF YOU HAVE OBSERVED IN LIFE, LADIES WHO ARE FROM POVERTY STIKEN FAMILY TENDS TO FORM MORE THAN THE HAVES!! WHO TOLD YOU ANYONE WAS BORN IN LIFE TO BE POOR? I PITY SOME LADIES, because, THAT A GUY HAS TODAY, ANYTHING CAN HAPPEN TOMORROW, AND WHO SAYS A LADY CANNOT GIVE A HELPING HAND? YOU GOING TO THE GUYS HOUSE AS A WIFE, ASK YOURSELF, WHAT IS YOUR CONTRIBUTION? WHAT HAVE YOU CONTRIBUTED OR HOPE TO CONTRIBUTE TO BETTER HIS LIFE?
I READ SOME LADIES VIEWS AND I FEEL TERRIBLY BAD! YOU GO AND LOOK FOR JOB NOW AND LETS SEE WHATYOU CAN DO, YOU ARE THERE WAITING FOR A READY MADE GUY, THAT WILL SNAP AT ANY LITTLE THING YOU DO,
SINCERELY AM PISSED WITH ALL THESE AJEPKAKO TALKING RUBBISH! NO GUY IS POOR, NO ONE, THERE IS A TOMORROW, AND GOD WHO HAS BROUGHT SUCH TO LIFE WILL SURELY BE AT HIS/HER RESCUE IN DUE TIME.
Re: Is It Possible To Marry A Poor Guy? by stephnina0(f): 8:21pm On Jun 13, 2010
i can't marry a poor man period. people talk of love, is it love that will provide food, shelter or clothing? come to think of it sef where will the poor guy get money for a wedding in the first place i can date a poor guy who's got potential, probably work with him till he gets to the top before marriage but u know most guys are jerks, u stay with them when they are nothing and then when they start making small change they forget about u.

so i think I'll stick to a comfortable guy, not necessarily rich.
Re: Is It Possible To Marry A Poor Guy? by Sissy3(f): 5:39am On Jun 14, 2010
if i had the choice . . . . .

a poor man with potentials, vision, plan? yes

a poor man with lazy bone, no potentials and just whipping about being poor? no
Re: Is It Possible To Marry A Poor Guy? by ndjp(m): 11:10am On Jun 14, 2010
will the guy be poor forever? NO. so it does not mean
Re: Is It Possible To Marry A Poor Guy? by homealone0: 9:41am On Jun 15, 2010
Yeah cos you both need to understand what future means not present situation that judges,
Re: Is It Possible To Marry A Poor Guy? by jarkbauer: 9:57am On Jun 15, 2010
make sure you marry rich guy even if e go give you eternal headache
Re: Is It Possible To Marry A Poor Guy? by homealone0: 8:58pm On Jun 15, 2010
@jarkbauer, sounds funny, anyway we marry not cos of something but for everything we need to access in life, Been poor or rich at present can not devile the word CHANGES, Bible said in all things get wisdom and make use of it, Present situation should not judge what future means
Re: Is It Possible To Marry A Poor Guy? by Jehu: 12:14am On Jul 20, 2010
@ Skeed19

You're a Gem Dear.  You 've put it succinctly. 

Ladies comments here reflect that most are gold-diggers and comfort seekers, while they see men as their slaves.
Forgetting that men are meant to plant their seeds in women, and they in turn nurture such seeds into a great harvest.
Women need dire re-orientation; materialism need to be extinguished.
Re: Is It Possible To Marry A Poor Guy? by homealone0: 12:18am On Jul 20, 2010
@Jehu sound mature and kind, But get something sometime guy may wish to do more than what u expect 4 u but cos of condition and he may not capable o doing it at that time, Probably cos he's unemployed and he has no funds but wish to do, may i know does he mean that if a guy can't get material things,money or gifts make him poor guy?
Re: Is It Possible To Marry A Poor Guy? by babymine(f): 11:25am On Jul 23, 2010
Yes. If he has potentials, a dream and desire for a better tomorrow and of course is hardworking.

Never despise anyone cos Time and Chance happeneth to them all.
Re: Is It Possible To Marry A Poor Guy? by rubi(f): 2:18pm On Jul 23, 2010
You only know the true color of a man when he is rich. Only a few poor guy who becomes rich and still remain cool headed. Money has a way of making one arrogant.

I will marry a poor guy with good morals and potential kiss
Re: Is It Possible To Marry A Poor Guy? by femmy2010(m): 5:14am On Jul 24, 2010
He is human too.
Re: Is It Possible To Marry A Poor Guy? by Loveaflame(m): 9:24am On Jul 24, 2010
I think to many people have a wrong idea of this rich or poor thing.

The issue of marrying a poor man calls for a serious lesson.Who is a poor man? How do you define a poor man?

Please as far as I am concerned a poor man is man who is void of moral virtues and lacks godly vision.The man may be financially buoyant or financially poor.It doesn't matter.

There are the so-called POOR MEN who are good and wonderful and there are rich ones who are good and wonderful.

The real issue in marrying a man should never be base on money.In as much as money is good it will never make a marriage happy.

Some claim that you know the true character of a man when he is rich.I strongly disagree with such fallacious concept.

Wealth can never change a man.It is your self principles or beliefs that changes a man.As money is neither evil or good,it all depends on how it is used.

In the same way a man is said to be poor when he lacks basic human understanding.Those who end up marrying many rich guy end up regretting their choice in the first instance.

Many also who end up marrying poor guys also have their regrets.

The bottom line is this, you will always know who is really poor or rich by their speech and lifestyle than the money issue.

My conclusion is this.YOU CAN MARRY A "POOR MAN" IF HE IS GODLY AND RESPECTS YOUR PERSON.SHEKENA

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

. / Kenwood Halogen Oven 12 Liters / Relating With In-Laws From A Different Tribe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.