Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,590 members, 7,958,822 topics. Date: Thursday, 26 September 2024 at 03:46 AM

Should I Be Ashamed That Im Under My Parents - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Should I Be Ashamed That Im Under My Parents (1609 Views)

26 And Still Living With My Parents (advise) / I Am Beginning To Despise My Parents... Am I Overreacting? / I Want To Get Married, But My Parents Don't Like The Girl (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should I Be Ashamed That Im Under My Parents by dukeprince50: 11:04am On Aug 12, 2016
hello guys, I'll be 23 this month 30th, I'm a student and my parents train me in school, despite school fees and other related thing, I do not disturb them, they send me money whenever they want to send me, I have never ask them to send me, but they send me monthly though. just yesterday I overheard a girl who left her parents house at the age of 14yrs (cos she got pregnant and left her house), that I should be ashamed of myself I'm still under my parents. she should be around 27 now, even though shes not under her parents, she is not training her two kids from two different dads, her mother is training one while the mother to the father of the second one is training the second child. I wanted to reply her but I decided not to as it may cause problem in the house since her mom is a friend to my mom, my question is is it bad I'm still under them as a student of 23yrs?? should I confront her??
Re: Should I Be Ashamed That Im Under My Parents by akp202(m): 11:18am On Aug 12, 2016
dukeprince50:
hello guys, I'll be 23 this month 30th, I'm a student and my parents train me in school, despite school fees and other related thing, I do not disturb them, they send me money whenever they want to send me, I have never ask them to send me, but they send me monthly though. just yesterday I overheard a girl who left her parents house at the age of 14yrs (cos she got pregnant and left her house), that I should be ashamed of myself I'm still under my parents. she should be around 27 now, even though shes not under her parents, she is not training her two kids from two different dads, her mother is training one while the mother to the father of the second one is training the second child. I wanted to reply her but I decided not to as it may cause problem in the house since her mom is a friend to my mom, my question is is it bad I'm still under them as a student of 23yrs?? should I confront her??
Honestly there are certain persons u need to ignore while living ur life.. . D fact that Mr A is doing something does not mean Mr B should do d same. Now take a look at d girl, she had two children out of wedlock N of different fathers is that d kind of person u want to make life comparison with? @ 23 u should be focused on ur study N stop been distracted by issues like this. By d way are u male or female?

12 Likes

Re: Should I Be Ashamed That Im Under My Parents by byvan03: 11:22am On Aug 12, 2016
She is just jealous that she had a tough life and you are having it easy. Nothing to be taken seriously, be grateful.

5 Likes

Re: Should I Be Ashamed That Im Under My Parents by dukeprince50: 11:25am On Aug 12, 2016
akp202:

Honestly there are certain persons u need to ignore while living ur life.. . D fact that Mr A is doing something does not mean Mr B should do d same. Now take a look at d girl, she had two children out of wedlock N of different fathers is that d kind of person u want to make life comparison with? @ 23 u should be focused on ur study N stop been distracted by issues like this. By d way are u male or female?
I'm a boy, Tnks 4 ur comment

1 Like

Re: Should I Be Ashamed That Im Under My Parents by David25(m): 11:25am On Aug 12, 2016
lolzzz... no. It's not bad that you are still in your parents house. Jesus is more than 2016 yearsold and he is still in his father's house. Don't let anyone put pressure on you jare.. Just pray for a good future where you can take good care of them in return.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Should I Be Ashamed That Im Under My Parents by dukeprince50: 11:25am On Aug 12, 2016
byvan03:
She is just jealous that she had a tough life and you are having it easy. Nothing to be taken seriously, be grateful.
tnks

1 Like

Re: Should I Be Ashamed That Im Under My Parents by dukeprince50: 11:27am On Aug 12, 2016
David25:
lolzzz... no. It's not bad that you are still in your parents house. Jesus is more than 2016 yearsold and he is still in his father's house. Don't let anyone put pressure on you jare.. Just pray for a good future where you can take good care of them in return.
hahahaha, abi? I never even near Jesus age
Re: Should I Be Ashamed That Im Under My Parents by mbah2x(m): 11:31am On Aug 12, 2016
she just want your attention so you might be father of her third child, no mind her she will soon see ur pics on the radio

6 Likes

Re: Should I Be Ashamed That Im Under My Parents by thesicilian: 11:54am On Aug 12, 2016
David25:
Hahaha. Guy na wah for you o...
@OP: In this harsh economic weather, you should even be happy that you have people to take care of you. Enjoy it while it lasts, do well in school, get a nice job/business for yourself and then take good care of your parents in return. You don't owe anybody any explanation for your life.

3 Likes

Re: Should I Be Ashamed That Im Under My Parents by Nobody: 12:46pm On Aug 12, 2016
You should be glad that you have two caring parents and enjoy it because there will be a time when you will have to take care of them.
Don't listen to this girl. She is just jealous. wink

1 Like

Re: Should I Be Ashamed That Im Under My Parents by Mhoxune(f): 1:33pm On Aug 12, 2016
No, don't mind her she's only jealous of you coz she had a rough life growing up and left her parents' house too early. Thumbs up to your parents, it's still their responsibility to pay your school fees and house you for now till you graduate but after that, the rest is up to you.

2 Likes

Re: Should I Be Ashamed That Im Under My Parents by Nobody: 2:44pm On Aug 12, 2016
In this recession period, don't risk leaving home at all. I am 22 and I don't live at home anymore, now I wish I still have someone to worry about my upkeep and finance me. The Great Outdoors are not smiling ooo!

2 Likes

Re: Should I Be Ashamed That Im Under My Parents by Nobody: 2:46pm On Aug 12, 2016
mbah2x:
she just want your attention so you might be father of her third child, no mind her she will soon see ur pics [size=30pt]on the radio[/size]

Mba
Re: Should I Be Ashamed That Im Under My Parents by mbah2x(m): 2:56pm On Aug 12, 2016
Quincyolarks:

Mba
hahhaha guy na normal thing for naija na grin

1 Like

Re: Should I Be Ashamed That Im Under My Parents by George22016(m): 6:30am On Aug 13, 2016
left home and even changed state to fend for my self.chilling on a low in my one room face me and slap you after being used as house boy by different relatives. boy as far as your parents still day together in the same roof be grateful.everyone story is different.BTW am 24

3 Likes

Re: Should I Be Ashamed That Im Under My Parents by George22016(m): 6:30am On Aug 13, 2016
left home and even changed state to fend for my self.chilling on a low in my one room face me and slap you after being used as house boy by different relatives. boy as far as your parents still day together in the same roof be grateful.everyone story is different.BTW am 24

3 Likes

Re: Should I Be Ashamed That Im Under My Parents by Nobody: 10:32am On Aug 13, 2016
Bro you get nerve oo, I no fit stay with any relative for 1 day!
George22016:

1 Like

Re: Should I Be Ashamed That Im Under My Parents by Ishilove: 7:36pm On Aug 13, 2016
akp202:

Lol. The girl never jam person wey go use her life story abuse am.

3 Likes

Re: Should I Be Ashamed That Im Under My Parents by Nobody: 7:59pm On Aug 13, 2016
i believe everyones time is different.... meanwhile just do your best and graduate....get a great job,dont just leave home for reason wey nor make sense...

theres no need to even reply..... her story is kinda heartbreaking.....

2 Likes

Re: Should I Be Ashamed That Im Under My Parents by Nobody: 7:58am On Aug 14, 2016
dukeprince50:

Thank God you're not like me, I know how to give sharp insults by the time am done my parents will invite me for meeting for what I said.
Re: Should I Be Ashamed That Im Under My Parents by fabianiweka: 8:14am On Aug 14, 2016
dukeprince50:
23 yrs you are still living in your parents house that is not cool.she is way ahead of you .
you better start early to hustle and don't deceive yourself with school

1 Like

Re: Should I Be Ashamed That Im Under My Parents by EfemenaXY: 10:27am On Aug 14, 2016
dukeprince50:

I'm sorry but I don't quite buy your version of events.

The average Nigerian is incredibly judgemental of those whose lives deviate from the "norm" whatever that is, and also find it difficult to mind their own business.

It's not your place to judge how she's lived her life. Unless you've lived with her day in and day out, you don't know what the true circumstances of her situation are. You judge her because she got pregnant at 14. Did she get herself pregnant on her own? How do you know she wasn't taken advantage of by someone older who ought to have known better? Was she sent to live as a maid / house girl to someone and was taken advantage of? Was she ràpèd? What sort of upbringing did she have as a child? Were her parents actively involved? Or not? Was she left to her devices at such a tender and impressionable age to fend for herself? The questions are endless...If any of the above are applicable, then you wonder why she indirectly lashed at you?

If you'd been keeping to yourself like you ought to have done in the first place, why would this lady decide to talk about you out of the blues, unprovoked?

Can you honestly, hand on heart say you didn't start this? Probably from some careless remark from you to someone about her, which she eventually got wind of?

You know the saying: "He who lives in a glass house shouldn't throw stones..."

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

See Five (5) Things Newly Married Wives Must Know And Do. / 20 Royal Names For Your Baby Boy / My Friend Said I'm Very Loud What Does It Mean

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.