Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,235 members, 7,839,235 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 03:32 PM

Gospel Music Not Competing With Secular Music – Sammie Okposo, Tosin Martin - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Gospel Music Not Competing With Secular Music – Sammie Okposo, Tosin Martin (299 Views)

One Hallelujah Records Will Not Partner With Secular Artistes – RCCG / Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses Prefer Secular Music To Gospel Music? / Can I Listen To Secular Music/clubbing And Still Be A Devoted Christian? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Gospel Music Not Competing With Secular Music – Sammie Okposo, Tosin Martin by shinystar(m): 11:20am On Aug 12, 2016
“Gospel music is not competing with secular music” – Sammie Okposo, Tosin Martins

Gospel artistes Sammie Okposo and Tosin Martins have aired their views on the disparities between gospel and secular music.

According to the duo, there has never been any competition between the two.Both industries are market places were money is made, they say.

“I want to say right here, real quick that the gospel music industry is not in any form of competition with the secular music industry, we are not competing. We are gospel music ministers, not just artistes’ and the music is doing very well. I am glad at where it is and you haven’t seen any yet”. Okposo said.

Tosin Martins also had this to say: “One of the things I would use this avenue to say is that people need to stop seeing gospel music as religion but as an item, art. It’s music, so people coming to support music should stop seeing music or who listen to it as a church but as a market because they pay and spend money, so if we look at it from the right perspective, we will have a different scenario”.

More: http://naijachurchnews.com/gospel-music-not-competing-secular-music-sammie-okposo-tosin-martins/

(1) (Reply)

Encouraging Bible Verses For The Brokenhearted ( Part 1) / 10 Fundamental Rules Of Conversation. / Do You Take The Name Of The Lord The God In Vain?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 5
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.