Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,800 members, 7,817,312 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:00 AM

I Owe Pensioners Only Four Years Arrears - Oshimole - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Owe Pensioners Only Four Years Arrears - Oshimole (2032 Views)

I Owe Pensioners Only Four Years Arrears - Governor Says / I Owe Pensioners Only Four Years Arrears – Oshiomhole / 22 States That Owe Pensioners In Nigeria And Number Of Months (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Owe Pensioners Only Four Years Arrears - Oshimole by Mboi: 12:59pm On Aug 12, 2016
I just saw this and was surprised of what Comrade Adams Oshimole has turned to. http://dailypost.ng/2016/08/11/owe-pensioners-four-years-arrears-oshiomhole/#

1 Like

Re: I Owe Pensioners Only Four Years Arrears - Oshimole by Nobody: 1:25pm On Aug 12, 2016
is that "only" before the "four years"?
mehn some guys heartless sha.. imagine

four years without pay Oshobaba I hail o
Re: I Owe Pensioners Only Four Years Arrears - Oshimole by Babacele: 1:30pm On Aug 12, 2016
Gov. Adams Oshiomhole of Edo State says his administration is owing only four years of unpaid pensions after settling [b]nine years pensioners’ entitlements[b]. hmmm Igbos, spits !
Re: I Owe Pensioners Only Four Years Arrears - Oshimole by Babacele: 1:37pm On Aug 12, 2016
“So, I accepted the fact that government is a continuum. “So, as we speak today, we have paid all those who pensioned in 1998 and 1999, all the ones they dismissed in 2000 and those who retired from 2001, 2002, 2003 up to 2011. “So, I have paid pension arrears of 13 years even though I have been in government for only seven years plus.’’ The governor, who maintained that having cleared 10 years pension and gratuities arrears, assured that his administration would settle part of the outstanding four years pensions before handing over power to a new government. (NAN)----- Adams Oshiomole ,the Executive Governor of Edo State.

1 Like

Re: I Owe Pensioners Only Four Years Arrears - Oshimole by Babacele: 1:37pm On Aug 12, 2016
so Mboi how market?
Re: I Owe Pensioners Only Four Years Arrears - Oshimole by Mboi: 2:40pm On Aug 12, 2016
Babacele:
so Mboi how market?
That is the issue we are complaining of. Our able youths cannot make use of their common sense. So paying part of pension arrears and still owing about four years arrears and you called it "only four years" is an achievement to you. Do you people have sense at all? Oshimole lacks human sympathy, that's the point here. Same way he asked a widow to go and die. If a man is collecting N35k as pension every month, do u know what four years will amount to? What he could not achieve in 8years he's telling you he'll achieve in one month and you believe? Oh sorry.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Owe Pensioners Only Four Years Arrears - Oshimole by Jirate(m): 2:41pm On Aug 12, 2016
Mboi:
I just saw this and was surprised of what Comrade Adams Oshimole has turned to.
http://dailypost.ng/2016/08/11/owe-pensioners-four-years-arrears-oshiomhole/#

Don’t bother to Click, Read the Full Story here…………

I owe pensioners only four years arrears – Oshiomhole

Gov. Adams Oshiomhole of Edo State says his administration is owing only four years of unpaid pensions after settling nine years pensioners’ entitlements.

Oshiomhole told State House correspondents in Abuja on Thursday that contrary to the allegation by the opposition, he was not leaving behind a huge liability for his successor.

The opposition Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) in Edo had alleged that the present administration’s failure to pay pensioners’ arrears might cripple the incoming administration in the state.

“From 1998 when the Army left, to 1999 and to the end of 2008 when I took over, that was a period of 13 years.

“So, we found a pension bill of 13 years, arrears of gratuity and pension not paid by the PDP government including the 7,000 people they dismissed.

“When I assumed duties at the end of 2008, I had two options. There was this temptation to say that I would be paying those who retired during my tenure.

“But, as a former labour leader, I asked myself that if an employer was so callous to carry out massive retrenchment of workers as the PDP did by sacking 7,000 and permanent secretaries and did not pay them gratuity, is it the fault of those workers?

“So, I accepted the fact that government is a continuum.

“So, as we speak today, we have paid all those who pensioned in 1998 and 1999, all the ones they dismissed in 2000 and those who retired from 2001, 2002, 2003 up to 2011.

“So, I have paid pension arrears of 13 years even though I have been in government for only seven years plus.’’

The governor, who maintained that having cleared 10 years pension and gratuities arrears, assured that his administration would settle part of the outstanding four years pensions before handing over power to a new government. (NAN)

So You are owning and You are Dancing Kurukere every where, I am ashamed of You cool

1 Like

Re: I Owe Pensioners Only Four Years Arrears - Oshimole by otukpo(f): 2:42pm On Aug 12, 2016
Oshiohmole does not have shame.
Re: I Owe Pensioners Only Four Years Arrears - Oshimole by Babacele: 4:08pm On Aug 12, 2016
Mboi:

That is the issue we are complaining of. Our able youths cannot make use of their common sense. So paying part of pension arrears and still owing about four years arrears and you called it "only four years" is an achievement to you. Do you people have sense at all? Oshimole lacks human sympathy, that's the point here. Same way he asked a widow to go and die. If a man is collecting N35k as pension every month, do u know what four years will amount to? What he could not achieve in 8years he's telling you he'll achieve in one month and you believe? Oh sorry.
how many years pension arrears were being held before Oshiomole came? and if you had read the interview, did he say he would pay or not? which party was in power but refused to pay before Oshiomole came , Mr intelligent youth? answer me ooo.

1 Like

Re: I Owe Pensioners Only Four Years Arrears - Oshimole by Mboi: 7:23pm On Aug 12, 2016
Babacele:
how many years pension arrears were being held before Oshiomole came? and if you had read the interview, did he say he would pay or not? which party was in power but refused to pay before Oshiomole came , Mr intelligent youth? answer me ooo.
You failed to answer me first, what he could not do in 8yrs can he do it in 1month? Get some sense. Since you believed one man to make one dollar to one naira, believed same old man when he said he will regulate crude oil price, of course you also believed for 8yrs the former did not pay even one month pension in Edo state before Osho came in. Was PDP in power in 1998? The chief propaganda in the person of Oshimole has been deceiving Zombies since 2008.

1 Like

Re: I Owe Pensioners Only Four Years Arrears - Oshimole by kossyablaze(m): 8:15pm On Aug 12, 2016
Smh for this man

1 Like

Re: I Owe Pensioners Only Four Years Arrears - Oshimole by Babacele: 3:50am On Aug 13, 2016
Mboi:

You failed to answer me first, what he could not do in 8yrs can he do it in 1month? Get some sense. Since you believed one man to make one dollar to one naira, believed same old man when he said he will regulate crude oil price, of course you also believed for 8yrs the former did not pay even one month pension in Edo state before Osho came in. Was PDP in power in 1998? The chief propaganda in the person of Oshimole has been deceiving Zombies since 2008.
wailers na the real zombies. It is not your wish or what you but a reality under a PDP government that ruined Edo for 10 years before the reformer - Adams Oshoimole - that pensioners were owed without any hope of being paid. That interview is an indictment of PDP which they lack the balls to answer. Did Oshiomole meet 13 years unpaid pension arrears? Yes. Did he pay the unjustly sacked 7,000 workers by PDP ? Yes.
Can PDP deny ? No because there are records . So what is it that he could not do in 8 years when he cleared 13 years debt he knew nothing about? If Buhari doesn't do well ,we go tell am because we are not Igbos whose sense of judgement have been damaged. Nigeria and not Buhari is more important to us for he is just a messenger. Una PDP do well na im we bring Buhari?No to PDP in Edo!
Re: I Owe Pensioners Only Four Years Arrears - Oshimole by Lanretoye(m): 3:57am On Aug 13, 2016
some ppl wont see this as an achievement,mayb cos they just read the topic alone...if he had left the arreas unpaid,how many years pension will accrue to his administration and who will pay those owed by the previous govt?.
Re: I Owe Pensioners Only Four Years Arrears - Oshimole by Flyingngel(m): 7:01am On Aug 13, 2016
Ok
Re: I Owe Pensioners Only Four Years Arrears - Oshimole by Mboi: 8:37am On Aug 13, 2016
Babacele:
wailers na the real zombies. It is not your wish or what you but a reality under a PDP government that ruined Edo for 10 years before the reformer - Adams Oshoimole - that pensioners were owed without any hope of being paid. That interview is an indictment of PDP which they lack the balls to answer. Did Oshiomole meet 13 years unpaid pension arrears? Yes. Did he pay the unjustly sacked 7,000 workers by PDP ? Yes.
Can PDP deny ? No because there are records . So what is it that he could not do in 8 years when he cleared 13 years debt he knew nothing about? If Buhari doesn't do well ,we go tell am because we are not Igbos whose sense of judgement have been damaged. Nigeria and not Buhari is more important to us for he is just a messenger. Una PDP do well na im we bring Buhari?No to PDP in Edo!
Mr man, address the issue, stop beating about the bush. As a matter of fact you don't have any point to back your claims. Go and ask about Lucky Igbinedion and salary issue in Edo state during his tenure. What Oshimole said that since 1998 till he came in the former did not pay even one single month pension to pensioners it is a lie! Go and get your facts right before arguing blindly. Secondly I asked u before and will ask you again, was PDP in power in 1998? Edo state sacked N7000 workers unjustly, what was total workforce of whole Edo state? Do you reason with your anus? Your so called Buhari is making things difficult for you and ur fellow Zombies everyday, taking Nigeria 50 steps back and dead brains like you are here due to hunger believing cheap lies by Oshimole.

1 Like

Re: I Owe Pensioners Only Four Years Arrears - Oshimole by Babacele: 3:17pm On Aug 13, 2016
Mboi:

Mr man, address the issue, stop beating about the bush. As a matter of fact you don't have any point to back your claims. Go and ask about Lucky Igbinedion and salary issue in Edo state during his tenure. What Oshimole said that since 1998 till he came in the former did not pay even one single month pension to pensioners it is a lie! Go and get your facts right before arguing blindly. Secondly I asked u before and will ask you again, was PDP in power in 1998? Edo state sacked N7000 workers unjustly, what was total workforce of whole Edo state? Do you reason with your anus? Your so called Buhari is making things difficult for you and ur fellow Zombies everyday, taking Nigeria 50 steps back and dead brains like you are here due to hunger believing cheap lies by Oshimole.
You are pathetic and lie easily. which Lucky Igbinedion? Majority of Edo people voted PDP out because of the lackluster performance of Lucky...the Onus is on you Mr wailer to counter Oshiomole ,the official voice of Edo as at today, that he didn't pay pension arrears of 10 years. You choose to believe the 4 years arrears story but not the 10 years n 7,000 workers' own because it does not serve una rubbish campaign. Hypocrisy and it amounts to nothing! All una propaganda na dead on arrival as nobody go allow PDP again in Edo not after 10 years of ruins in the midst of fat allocation to the state. I'm repeating it that we are not wailers who are the real zombies still pained by the loss of IB. Despite the fact that Buhari is better, if he doesn't do well we go tell am. PDP and NOT Buhari put us in all these mess. PDP? Naaaaaa!
Re: I Owe Pensioners Only Four Years Arrears - Oshimole by Mylove55(f): 3:44pm On Aug 13, 2016
Jirate:

Don’t bother to Click, Read the Full Story here…………
So You are owning and You are Dancing Kurukere every where, I am ashamed of You cool
u that suppose to be a wise guy by posting d original version from that fake mboi, u were in hurry not to read d content, osho has paid 13yrs pension and gratuity instead of 7yrs of his govt
Re: I Owe Pensioners Only Four Years Arrears - Oshimole by Mylove55(f): 3:58pm On Aug 13, 2016
otukpo:
Oshiohmole does not have shame.
why is ipod heads flat, they are curse not to read before commenting, dont u think u wil save ur family a big shame if u are read before commenting. dont u think ur family wil love u when u have commonsense or when u are wise. oshobaba is d best gov. in nigeria, even with little resource, he has paid 13yrs pension arrear
Re: I Owe Pensioners Only Four Years Arrears - Oshimole by Mboi: 4:17pm On Aug 13, 2016
Babacele:
You are pathetic and lie easily. which Lucky Igbinedion? Majority of Edo people voted PDP out because of the lackluster performance of Lucky...the Onus is on you Mr wailer to counter Oshiomole ,the official voice of Edo as at today, that he didn't pay pension arrears of 10 years. You choose to believe the 4 years arrears story but not the 10 years n 7,000 workers' own because it does not serve una rubbish campaign. Hypocrisy and it amounts to nothing! All una propaganda na dead on arrival as nobody go allow PDP again in Edo not after 10 years of ruins in the midst of fat allocation to the state. I'm repeating it that we are not wailers who are the real zombies still pained by the loss of IB. Despite the fact that Buhari is better, if he doesn't do well we go tell am. PDP and NOT Buhari put us in all these mess. PDP? Naaaaaa!
Answer the three questions I asked you, stop displaying high level of ignorance. If you were still too young as at 1998, go ask your father.
Re: I Owe Pensioners Only Four Years Arrears - Oshimole by Babacele: 8:36am On Aug 14, 2016
Mboi:

Answer the three questions I asked you, stop displaying high level of ignorance. If you were still too young as at 1998, go ask your father.
now I need to upgrade you from your ignorance or deliberate mischief which may harm your future and that of your children in the wrong choices you willingly deceptively make. Read my replies below carefully before answering . For they are public documents that expose your PDP shamelessness for a decade in Edo .
Re: I Owe Pensioners Only Four Years Arrears - Oshimole by Babacele: 9:18am On Aug 14, 2016
Open Letter To Governor Lucky
Igbinedion – by Air Iyare
His Excellency,
Chief Nosakhare Igbinedion,
The Executive Governor,Edo State.
Ekhator Street,
Egor Quarters,
Benin City.
2nd April, 2002.
Your Excellency,
WHITHER EDO STATE?
1. A year after my five open-
letters to you, I am out with yet
another one for three reasons:
(a) If I had not spoken out last
year, Ikpoba brook would by now
have gulped over N2 Billion.
Thank you
for canceling that project. (b) In
your recent EBS TV interview, Mr.
Tunde Ebozogie fired his first two
hot questions thus - * "Your
Excellency, are you aware that
your government is unpopular"?
* "Your Excellency, is your state
broke"?
Your reply was that you were not
aware that your government was
unpopular and that the state was
not
broke. I quite sympathize with
your answers because the same
Tunde's EBS TV would not air
contrary view to that of your
government. Rather, it will
continue to manufacture jingles of
lies extolling your popularity,
achievements and virtue to the
high heavens.
(c.) This letter is "opened" to
assure the public that the N5
million and two Mercedes Benz
cars they claimed you sent to me
last year to silence me, have not
yet arrived my Egor residence.
When they finally arrive, I will go
to the Ring road to distribute the
money to the public because
having N5million will make me
develop hypertension and
possibly end up with cardiac
arrest.
2. Your Excellency, when
government is looking for N7
Billion to borrow to off-set salary
arrears of workers and
pensioners, that government is
broke. When Professors, lecturers
and workers of Ambrose Alli
University have not received their
salaries for six months now; when
secondary school teachers have
not been paid for four months;
when civil and public servants
have not got salaries for three
months; when
pensioners are owed over N5
billion, your government is broke.
Moreso when your government is
not in
possession of the Philosopher
Stone that turns everything to
gold.
3. In spite of my advise in my
letter to you dated 26th March,
2002, that the state's money
should not be
recklessly spent according to your
fancy, you have continued to
squander the state's money on
white
elephant projects, especially
sports. Confucius warned that "he
that will not economize will have
to
agonize" Frugality is founded on
the principle that all riches have
limits. Frugality is the daughter of
prudence; the sister of
temperance and the father of
good governance. A good
management of the state
economy is an interplay of many
variables. It is calculation
realized; it is the doctrine of
proportion
reduced to practice, it is
foreseeing contingencies and
providing against them; it is
expecting
contingencies and being prepared
for them.
4. But Your Excellency, have
thrown all economic theories to
the wind. You spend more than
what you
get. You eat up all you have
today, hoping that God will
provide for tomorrow. Plutarch
once warned
rulers that "that man who first
brought ruin on the Roman Empire
was he who pampered it by
largesse's and amusements". The
economic virus plaguing your
government today was anticipated
when I pleaded with you, in my
letter dated 26th March,2001, ..... www.DAWODU.com

https://dawodu.com/iyare1.htm

1 Like

Re: I Owe Pensioners Only Four Years Arrears - Oshimole by Babacele: 11:26am On Aug 14, 2016
Edo guber: Rep. Iriase blames Igbinedion over plight of pensioners Lucky Igbinedion

Deputy Chief Whip, House of Representatives, and member representing Owan Federal Constituency of Edo State, Hon. Pally Iriase, has blamed the current problem being faced by pensioners in the state on the premature retirement of thousands of civil servants by the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) led administration in the state under Governor Lucky Igbinedion. Igbinedion was governor of the state from May 1999 – May 2007. Hon. Iriase who said he was angered by the falsehood being peddled by the PDP governorship campaign team, saying, “I was the Deputy Speaker in the state House of Assembly and I knew all that transpired then”. “There were certain things that I heard recently which I would have loved to engage my friend (Pastor Ize-Iyamu) on, so that they either expunge them from their campaign talks or state the facts as they are. “I heard Ize-Iyamu is accusing the Oshiomhole’s government of destroying the civil service. Nothing could be further from the truth, nothing could be worse than an attempt to stand the truth on its head or to re-write history. “If anything, it was the PDP government that nearly annihilated the civil service in Edo State. “Another point he has made is that this government is to be held responsible for running down the educational system. “That is also another big and terrible lie. Now, talking about the civil service issue, there is no way that we can forget that in 2001, the then PDP government, in which Ize-Iyamu was very influential, decided that the best way to handle paucity of funds and inability to pay salaries, was not only to downsize but also to tinker with the long standing Pension Act. “The Pension Act had said that for the civil service, you are either 55 years old then or you had served 35 years in service, whichever one came first until recently when it was raised to 60 years”, he said.
Re: I Owe Pensioners Only Four Years Arrears - Oshimole by dadebayo1(m): 11:44am On Aug 14, 2016
"Only" oh my God please save us from all the blood sucking demons in power.. Only a stupid fellow with no human feelings will call four years only.. I can remember he once asked a widow to go and die.. Bunch of silly folks fortunate to scam everyone to vote them in.. God shall punish them all.. I wait for what lara has in stock for the big head konji governor

1 Like

Re: I Owe Pensioners Only Four Years Arrears - Oshimole by Jirate(m): 11:55am On Aug 14, 2016
Mylove55:
u that suppose to be a wise guy by posting d original version from that fake mboi, u were in hurry not to read d content, osho has paid 13yrs pension and gratuity instead of 7yrs of his govt

The content doesn't matter to me, APC and Oshiomhole are not In my good book, do you wish to join them? The choice is yours. cool
Re: I Owe Pensioners Only Four Years Arrears - Oshimole by orisa37: 1:18pm On Aug 14, 2016
Have you checked how many of them you have killed in those four years?
Re: I Owe Pensioners Only Four Years Arrears - Oshimole by DamiBukola: 1:19pm On Aug 14, 2016
Babacele:
Just shut up your mouth. Did PDP rule Edo State for 13yrs? Lucky ruled for 8yrs and Osunbor who is now an APC man ruled for 1 &1/2yrs. Is dat 13yrs as you any brainless Oshiomhole are claiming? u think because fools voted for them last year we will continue to be fooled at all times?
Re: I Owe Pensioners Only Four Years Arrears - Oshimole by Babacele: 1:28pm On Aug 14, 2016
DamiBukola:

Just shut up your mouth. Did PDP ruled Edo State for 13yrs? Lucky ruled for 8yrs and Osunbor who is now an APC man ruled for 1 &1/2yrs. Is dat 13yrs as you any brainless Oshiomhole are claiming? u think because fools voted for them last year we will continue to be fooled at all times?
you are so disrespectful..... just read the article word for word A to Z before you spew trash that may leave u ashamed at the end of the day. so go read first...

(1) (Reply)

PETER OBI: Ijaw Gave Ndigbos Identity / Buhari; An Economic Illiterate, Recession To Last 5 Years – Diplomats / You can’t end recession with a Finance minister having qualifications as Kemi –

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 130
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.