Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,596 members, 7,816,479 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:46 AM

Why The South Is Afraid Of Oil Discovery In The North - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why The South Is Afraid Of Oil Discovery In The North (2533 Views)

Oil Discovery In The North Is A Huge Blessing For The South / Help! Oil Discovery In My Compound / Ambode Lied About Oil Discovery In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why The South Is Afraid Of Oil Discovery In The North by Victorvexz(m): 1:41pm On Aug 12, 2016
The greatest fear of the south is the discovery of oil in the north. The discovery of oil in commercial quantity, will change Nigeria forever. Just like how the Arab world is preventing Shia majority Iran from developing nuclear weapons, that they will use to blackmail neighboring Arab countries, that is how the south is praying day and night for oil not to be discovered in the north, because they know that if oil is found in the north, all their insults against northerners will stop immediately, all their black mail, and threats, will stop immediately, because they know they can't do any thing any longer. Oil in the north will stop them from holding Nigeria to ransom. Oil in the north will stop Niger delta militancy forever, even without negotiation or war with the militants, because the militants know they can't blackmail the government anymore because the government will already have an alternative.
They will come here and be boasting, but deep down they are so afraid and angry of the prospect of discovering in the north, because it will make us all equal, nobody will have an advantage against the other, and that is what the southerners fear.

8 Likes

Re: Why The South Is Afraid Of Oil Discovery In The North by Samuel200: 2:02pm On Aug 12, 2016
Until the oil is discover first, let wait and see
Re: Why The South Is Afraid Of Oil Discovery In The North by cjrane: 2:03pm On Aug 12, 2016
[size=15pt]I am a southerner and I AM PRAYING The north should discover its oil and LEAVE US ALONE. Although, i don't think there is any oil in the arid north.

However, Fulani people and their greed have turned Nigeria into a horrible cesspit of corruption and nepotism. If Fulani can just discover their oil and leave, we will be blessed. At best, the north will be like Chad with oil.

Nonetheless, with the present crop of northern leaders who have looted Nigeria from independence, it is obvious they will loot their oil wealth and become even poorer than they are right now.
[/size]

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why The South Is Afraid Of Oil Discovery In The North by RZArecta(m): 2:08pm On Aug 12, 2016
Victorvexz:
[s]The greatest fear of the south is the discovery of oil in the north. The discovery of oil in commercial quantity, will change Nigeria forever. Just like how the Arab world is preventing Shia majority Iran from developing nuclear weapons, that they will use to blackmail neighboring Arab countries, that is how the south is praying day and night for oil not to be discovered in the north, because they know that if oil is found in the north, all their insults against northerners will stop immediately, all their black mail, and threats, will stop immediately, because they know they can't do any thing any longer. Oil in the north will stop them from holding Nigeria to ransom. Oil in the north will stop Niger delta militancy forever, even without negotiation or war with the militants, because the militants know they can't blackmail the government anymore because the government will already have an alternative.
They will come here and be boasting, but deep down they are so afraid and angry of the prospect of discovering in the north, because it will make us all equal, nobody will have an advantage against the other, and that is what the southerners fear[/s].
you're living in an infantile grand delusion. Take a little survey anywhere in society even here on nairaland. You'll find out that your observation is way off the mark. It's an open secret that the north has oil in commercial quantity, let them harness it so the rest of the country can hear word. Let the FG exploit it so parasitism will end then the country can finally be restructured to run a true federalism, let each region finally be allowed to progress at its own pace. After over three decades of northern rule over the affairs of this country with almost absolute control over the wealth of the nation, it's a shameful pity that most northern communities are in deplorable conditions while a feudal lord/serf system still operates. I don't see that changing anytime soon with an expected increase in petro dollars but e no concern us. The north is dragging Nigeria backwards.

10 Likes

Re: Why The South Is Afraid Of Oil Discovery In The North by Victorvexz(m): 2:18pm On Aug 12, 2016
RZArecta:
you're living in an infantile grand delusion. Take a little survey anywhere in society even here on nairaland. You'll find out that your observation is way off the mark. It's an open secret that the north has oil in commercial quantity, let them harness it so the rest of the country can hear word. Let the FG exploit it so parasitism will end then the country can finally be restructured to run a true federalism, let each region finally be allowed to progress at its own pace. After over three decades of northern rule over the affairs of this country with almost absolute control over the wealth of the nation, it's a shameful pity that most northern communities are in deplorable conditions while a feudal lord/serf system still operates. I don't see that changing anytime soon with an expected increase in petro dollars but e no concern us. The north is dragging Nigeria backwards.
Lol, guy from this ur comment, u are clearly frustrated. So u now agree that there is oil in the north even when exploration is still going on. I thought u are one of those who say oil will never be discovered in the north. I still maintain that it is the south nightmare for north to have oil, u can pretend all u want, but deep down u are pained

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why The South Is Afraid Of Oil Discovery In The North by Victorvexz(m): 2:22pm On Aug 12, 2016
cjrane:
[size=15pt]I am a southerner and I AM PRAYING The north should discover its oil and LEAVE US ALONE. Although, i don't think there is any oil in the arid north.

However, Fulani people and their greed have turned Nigeria into a horrible cesspit of corruption and nepotism. If Fulani can just discover their oil and leave, we will be blessed. At best, the north will be like Chad with oil.

Nonetheless, with the present crop of northern leaders who have looted Nigeria from independence, it is obvious they will loot their oil wealth and become even poorer than they are right now.
[/size]
Is that not what the leaders in the south are doing? Leaders in the south have looted ur destinies dry. The people in the south have being made poor even with the fact they have oil, so stop behaving like the south is innocent in all this

5 Likes

Re: Why The South Is Afraid Of Oil Discovery In The North by Sealeddeal(m): 2:37pm On Aug 12, 2016
I don't see any fear from South about Oil discovery in North. It has been a long time oil was discovered in Lake Chad basin. GEJ earmarked about 90billion naira for the exploration but due to Boko haram activities, it was abandoned. The Southerners has long asked North to explore the mineral resources in their domain and stop sucking the South dry. It is partly the fear of the intention of the north to sucking the oil in south dry and leaving south with nothing that's causing the militancy. Getting the oil in the North is not bad. The agitation against it are for varying reasons and some stem from the fact that Buhari preached for diversification but still stuck in oil exploration and investing much in Lake chad drilling. Lake chad cannot produce up to 20,000 barrels per day. It's small oil there.
Re: Why The South Is Afraid Of Oil Discovery In The North by otukpo(f): 2:46pm On Aug 12, 2016
I sincerely wish that oil will be discovered in the North so that going our separate ways can be easily achieved without bloodshed.
Re: Why The South Is Afraid Of Oil Discovery In The North by chrisblack: 2:49pm On Aug 12, 2016
RZArecta:
in as much as I would like to agree with you.I would rather prefer we encourage the use of agriculture in enhancing our economy than oil.This should be our focus.our over dependence on oil and mismanagement by previous administration caused all this
Re: Why The South Is Afraid Of Oil Discovery In The North by LORDOFTHEOSU: 2:54pm On Aug 12, 2016
OP, I hope they discover this oyel there too o so that even boko haram can get busy with something else than shedding innocent blood.
Re: Why The South Is Afraid Of Oil Discovery In The North by Victorvexz(m): 2:55pm On Aug 12, 2016
LORDOFTHEOSU:
OP, I hope they discover this oyel there too o so that even boko haram can get busy with something else than shedding innocent blood.
Lol
Re: Why The South Is Afraid Of Oil Discovery In The North by Victorvexz(m): 2:56pm On Aug 12, 2016
otukpo:
I sincerely wish that oil will be discovered in the North so that going our separate ways can be easily achieved without bloodshed.
Same old song. U are pained

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why The South Is Afraid Of Oil Discovery In The North by ConqueredWest: 3:09pm On Aug 12, 2016
Victorvexz:
The greatest fear of the south is the discovery of oil in the north. The discovery of oil in commercial quantity, will change Nigeria forever. Just like how the Arab world is preventing Shia majority Iran from developing nuclear weapons, that they will use to blackmail neighboring Arab countries, that is how the south is praying day and night for oil not to be discovered in the north, because they know that if oil is found in the north, all their insults against northerners will stop immediately, all their black mail, and threats, will stop immediately, because they know they can't do any thing any longer. Oil in the north will stop them from holding Nigeria to ransom. Oil in the north will stop Niger delta militancy forever, even without negotiation or war with the militants, because the militants know they can't blackmail the government anymore because the government will already have an alternative.
They will come here and be boasting, but deep down they are so afraid and angry of the prospect of discovering in the north, because it will make us all equal, nobody will have an advantage against the other, and that is what the southerners fear.

You mean the Afonjas are scared.?

Have you heard of these groups called IPOB and Masssob

1 Like

Re: Why The South Is Afraid Of Oil Discovery In The North by Justiyke4u: 3:12pm On Aug 12, 2016
am still wondering when we will start reasoning with our head and divorce tribalism and sentiment from our opinion?
Re: Why The South Is Afraid Of Oil Discovery In The North by Ikwokrikwo: 3:18pm On Aug 12, 2016
How will they even export the oil?
Re: Why The South Is Afraid Of Oil Discovery In The North by Victorvexz(m): 3:19pm On Aug 12, 2016
ConqueredWest:

You mean the Afonjas are scared.?

Have you heard of these groups called IPOB and Masssob
Yes oh, I have heard of them, what do they have if not for their mouth which they use to chest beat. They only talk and threaten without any action. They are also land grabbers, who are not contended with their 5 landlocked unproductive state, but prefer to attaché by force with the people with so much relevance (south-south), because they feel they are irrelevant. Have I defined Ipob and Massob well for u now?

3 Likes

Re: Why The South Is Afraid Of Oil Discovery In The North by babyfaceafrica: 3:21pm On Aug 12, 2016
Noted

1 Like

Re: Why The South Is Afraid Of Oil Discovery In The North by mrvitalis(m): 3:28pm On Aug 12, 2016
Nigerians are just hypocritical in nature... The news of how Buhari is looking for oil in the North is everywhere but they won't tell u that he is also looking to expand our maritime borders by over 60% to accommodate more oil blocks

There is the link https://www.today.ng/news/national/34202/
buhari-approves-expansion-of-maritime-boundaries

2 Likes

Re: Why The South Is Afraid Of Oil Discovery In The North by policy12: 4:23pm On Aug 12, 2016
Hmmm na wa o...

Re: Why The South Is Afraid Of Oil Discovery In The North by RZArecta(m): 4:30pm On Aug 12, 2016
Victorvexz:

[s]Lol, guy from this ur comment, u are clearly frustrated. So u now agree that there is oil in the north even when exploration is still going on. I thought u are one of those who say oil will never be discovered in the north. I still maintain that it is the south nightmare for north to have oil, u can pretend all u want, but deep down u are pained[/s]
nonsense, be logical with your words not this rubbish you posted here
Re: Why The South Is Afraid Of Oil Discovery In The North by chukz999(m): 5:52pm On Aug 12, 2016
Who Cares? Discovery Oil Will It Change Anything? They Are Blessed With Fertile Land But They Prefer To Turn Their Place To War N Bomb Zone

2 Likes

Re: Why The South Is Afraid Of Oil Discovery In The North by AntiIPOOP(m): 6:12pm On Aug 12, 2016
Gbam!

1 Like

Re: Why The South Is Afraid Of Oil Discovery In The North by uckennety(m): 6:14pm On Aug 12, 2016
Seriously we really want you to av oyel
Re: Why The South Is Afraid Of Oil Discovery In The North by malton: 7:02pm On Aug 12, 2016
Re: Why The South Is Afraid Of Oil Discovery In The North by malton: 7:07pm On Aug 12, 2016
mrvitalis:
Nigerians are just hypocritical in nature... The news of how Buhari is looking for oil in the North is everywhere but they won't tell u that he is also looking to expand our maritime borders by over 60% to accommodate more oil blocks

There is the link https://www.today.ng/news/national/34202/
buhari-approves-expansion-of-maritime-boundaries

These bitter kids are always only fixated on those narratives that drive home their hatred. Best watch them. How "learned" people have succeeded only in raising detractors and dumbos as kids still amazes me.
Re: Why The South Is Afraid Of Oil Discovery In The North by Leobrain(m): 7:16pm On Aug 12, 2016
Warrrrr started! ghen ghen
Re: Why The South Is Afraid Of Oil Discovery In The North by Standing5(m): 7:29pm On Aug 12, 2016
Victorvexz:
How old are you?
Re: Why The South Is Afraid Of Oil Discovery In The North by jared007: 8:02pm On Aug 12, 2016
Victorvexz:
The reverse is the case Mr Man. We the Niger-Deltans desire oil to be found in the North so dat d parasites will leave us alone to enjoy our resources. We are tired of hausa-fulani taking all the job opportunities in the oil companies and controlling our oil wells.
Re: Why The South Is Afraid Of Oil Discovery In The North by fulanmafia: 9:01pm On Aug 12, 2016
The OP is so on point. We are not deceived grin

It pains them to their hearts depth that they are about to lose their only bargaining chip.

Ndo!

1 Like

Re: Why The South Is Afraid Of Oil Discovery In The North by Abeymills(m): 9:12pm On Aug 12, 2016
Pls we are praying 2 God pls let d north discover thier own oil n let's have our peace
Re: Why The South Is Afraid Of Oil Discovery In The North by danosky91(m): 9:20pm On Aug 12, 2016
Olohun Op u knw follow oh person dey talk beta tin u dey yan oil.u ar already thinking like d milatants we talking beta way to improve and diversify d economy u dey tk abt oil wey go still reach #10 per barrel sit relax technology is blowing d world u ar talking oil. Am a northerner but no let me curse u in chinese ka chin wu la
Re: Why The South Is Afraid Of Oil Discovery In The North by ezeagu(m): 9:27pm On Aug 12, 2016
Makes no sense.

Logically, the south has absolutely nothing to lose if oil is discovered in the north. Here are the scenarios that happen if oil is discovered in the north:

The oil is sufficient enough and the north decides to leave, the south is freed of a burden.
The oil is sufficient enough and the north decides to stay, the south is paid.
The oil is sufficient enough and the north decides to restructure Nigeria, the south is elated.

Apart from that there's nothing apart from a threat of an force that may sponsor terrorism with its new found wealth, the north can continue to feed itself and the street urchins and left behinds will only have one set of people to turn to, their leaders, there may even be revolution in the north if the feudalistic style carries on.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Anambra Election Boycott: So, I Listened To Radio Biafra!!! / See What A Man Said He Will Do On November 18, Anambra Election Day (pictures) / Anambra Guber: Work Resumes On Enugu-onitsha Exp.. Nwoye

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.