Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,681 members, 7,809,576 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:31 AM

5 Things To Do After Publishing A Blog Post To Drive Traffic - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / 5 Things To Do After Publishing A Blog Post To Drive Traffic (511 Views)

7 Types Of Post To Write That Increases Blog Traffic / 7 Things To Do After Publishing A New Blog Post / 5 Things To Do After Publishing A New Post On Your Blog (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

5 Things To Do After Publishing A Blog Post To Drive Traffic by murphyaik(m): 4:24pm On Aug 12, 2016
Of course you know how to create quality contents for your site, and you are committed to
to updating your blog 3-5 times in a week;

That’s right : )

But those are just one part of the game.
If you have worked online for a long time, you’ll agree with me that those that make it big in blogging are not working that hard, rather they work smart.

While others are hitting their heads on the table, they are relaxing and hanging out with their pals.

If you follow these steps I will show you here, you will gradually increase your blog traffic.

Here are they: )

1 Format your article properly:-

It is obvious your blog visitors expects to read quality posts from you, but they most importantly want contents that will be easier for them to read.

It is your duty to format your posts properly and make it easier for your reader’s eyes to jump from one line to the other.

Always have in mind that no matter how good your content is, if it is not easy to read, your readers won’t enjoy it and probably will not want to come back again.
Let your post column width be 80 characters or less.

2 Optimize your site for speed:-

If you think the loading speed of your site is not important, then you are wrong.

Here is why I said that: )

For every 1 second your site delays,
a. You are losing numbers of page views
b. Your customer satisfaction will be reducing
c. Your bounce rate will increase (Google detests high bounce rate).

Research shows that 45% of customers will hit the back button if a site loads more than 3 seconds.

All the above are what you don’t want happen.

If you want to check how fast your website loads, I suggest you visit

http://www.developersgoogle.com/speed/pagespeed/insights

or search google for more
And to be sure of your site speed
Use http://www.wordpress.org/plugin/wp-smushit to compress the images on your blog and increase the speed.

3. Interlink your articles:-
If you desire that your site will rank well in search engine, then there is need to always link your latest post with older and relevant articles.

Here is what I mean : )

If your latest post is “How to graduate from the best schools in town”, look for your older post on how to be a good student and link them together using anchor text

If you use word press, there are plugins that will help you locate your older articles fast.

4. Promote! Promote!! And Promote!!!:-

This is the greatest of them all. Promoting your blog content is what will bring your traffic and the money.

I suggest you spend 20% of your time creating content and 80% promoting it.
Promote on Facebook, twitter, instagram, twitter, pinterest, google+, linkedin, forums and others.

Just promote. Let people see your article and read.

You may be living money in the table if you are not doing so.

5. Answer every comment from your readers:- It is not that easy to get people comment on you post; you may be wondering why I included this.

If you see and comment in your post, that shows you that someone has already read your post, so you should encourage the commenter so he/ she will know you appreciate it.

Remember, people want to be wherever they are loved.

Again remember, if only 5 people commented on your blog, and you reply them, that will bring the number to 10.
When others see it, they will have the impression that your article is good.

5. Comment thoughtfully:-

Visit other blogs and comment on the post. As you do this, you are not only building links.

Not only that; if your comment is good, people can visit your site through your link

6 Join Bloggers secret society:- If your blog is new, this tactics for you.
There are places bloggers network to help each other.

They help to comment on their blogs, share and promote each other.

If your blog is still struggling for readers, then I suggest you join them
One of those places is

https://www./399478270202108?refid=27

Most of These group have stopped accepting people, but see if they will still accept you

Re: 5 Things To Do After Publishing A Blog Post To Drive Traffic by Richiebill(m): 7:18pm On Aug 12, 2016
Another FTC today? wink wink wink wink tongue tongue tongue cool shocked

OP, thanks a lot for the info shared.

I gotta work on them.
Re: 5 Things To Do After Publishing A Blog Post To Drive Traffic by enoch273: 7:47pm On Aug 12, 2016
On nairaland even when you don't read the story, you still comment with good posts
Re: 5 Things To Do After Publishing A Blog Post To Drive Traffic by psalmade(m): 8:34pm On Aug 12, 2016
Nice piece. Thanks op
Re: 5 Things To Do After Publishing A Blog Post To Drive Traffic by Mediapace: 11:59pm On Aug 12, 2016
Thumbs up brother

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Be A Web Developer In 60 Days Naijatutors / I Need A Good Foreign Cheap VPS Host / Which Programming Language Should I Learn As A Beginner

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.