Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,197 members, 7,953,726 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 01:11 AM

Naira Finally Improves At The Interbank Rate - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Naira Finally Improves At The Interbank Rate (33817 Views)

Interbank Rate Drops By 6.5% On Liquidity Injection / Naira Surges As CBN Intervenes In Interbank Market / Naira Quoted At 253/$ As Interbank Market Opens (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Naira Finally Improves At The Interbank Rate by johnstar(m): 6:12pm On Aug 12, 2016
grin
Re: Naira Finally Improves At The Interbank Rate by seunoni34(m): 6:13pm On Aug 12, 2016
Nawa o
Re: Naira Finally Improves At The Interbank Rate by luka1981(m): 6:19pm On Aug 12, 2016
Where is the improvement?
Re: Naira Finally Improves At The Interbank Rate by johnstar(m): 6:22pm On Aug 12, 2016
Pls whats the exchange rate in firstbank
Re: Naira Finally Improves At The Interbank Rate by Ihavespoken: 6:28pm On Aug 12, 2016
Nigeria is a nonsense country infact Nigeria is a rubbish country undecided
Re: Naira Finally Improves At The Interbank Rate by Nobody: 6:44pm On Aug 12, 2016
Esdb3:
Lmao! That's an improvement?! We have been reduced to rubbish!

Emmy B

u piple shud stop doing everything in dollar, dats y its sky rocketing. award local contracts, patronise local, don't import

1 Like

Re: Naira Finally Improves At The Interbank Rate by luckynzo(m): 6:48pm On Aug 12, 2016
rusher14:
What do you do for a living that makes you expect the Naira to appreciate?

Are you an importer or maker of local goods which serve as an alternative to that which we import?

Why are you so fixated on the dollar?

Shouldn't it be to your benefit if the dollar is high if you were an exporter?

Ask yourself how you can take advantage of this.

Oga.
There is nothing benefit to a falling Naira. There is nothing to take advantage of.
Even if you import and sell your Dollars for N400. the cost of living will wipe out all that money in no time.
Re: Naira Finally Improves At The Interbank Rate by seguntijan(m): 6:58pm On Aug 12, 2016
There's no way to stop blaming Jonathan Administration for Nigeria's present predicaments. Even Jonathan is blaming Jonathan at the moment.~Olusegun Obasanjo

1 Like

Re: Naira Finally Improves At The Interbank Rate by MiMiakpet(m): 7:05pm On Aug 12, 2016
Where the difference abeg?
Re: Naira Finally Improves At The Interbank Rate by aalex1: 7:10pm On Aug 12, 2016
Ezechinwa:

please what is the difference between
interbank rate and parallel rate?

before someone will quote me and say Google is your Friend,
also remember that Nairaland is not my enemy.

thank you...

If you think am Handsome [\b] click [b] " LIKE"
if you think am Ugly click [b] "SHARE" [\b]
interbank rate is the value CBN sells to banks,parallel rate is d black market value

1 Like

Re: Naira Finally Improves At The Interbank Rate by ngoziama: 7:22pm On Aug 12, 2016
kindnyce:
Snail-like improvement...
PMB SHOULD KEEP PRIDE ASIDE AND CONSTITUTE A CRACK TEAM OF ECONOMIC ADVISERS...CHIKENAN

Please buhari eschew pride and hatred for ibos and bring on board pat utomi , soludo, peter obi , frank nweke.buhari I am igbo but all I want is a united and stronger nigeria.baba please build this bridge and make your generations proud even after you ve gone. Dont listen to sycophants telling you to punish south and east, they are all ridiculing you.baba you have the will power so please bring on board a crack team to save our economy. Please yorubas hausas nigerians as a whole please suggest names otherwise nigeria sinks we all sink.baba allow all hands on deck .you are baba so take care of all nigerians. God bless you Buhari.

1 Like

Re: Naira Finally Improves At The Interbank Rate by prof12(m): 7:29pm On Aug 12, 2016
The solution is just lower extravagant spending and invest heavily on local production and exportation also.
Re: Naira Finally Improves At The Interbank Rate by Jacko1(m): 7:34pm On Aug 12, 2016
Ehn wat am i hearing

Abeg abeg make e no improve oh abeg abeg

Dis one ma big uncle in obodo america is sending me 200 dollars per month.... I lik wen i change it and i see over 60k...... Abeg abeg naira respect ursef and fall
Re: Naira Finally Improves At The Interbank Rate by blarkraimez: 7:35pm On Aug 12, 2016
Olu20090:
When you say Interbank rate...is this the rate that ordinary Nigerians are buying dollar for? Last I checked we buy at black market for 395. They told us last month when the new policy went into effect that it will converge the trio of Official, Bank and Black market rates to ONE RATE determined by market forces yet NOTHING HAS CHANGED. Bank rate used by the wealthy and connected Nigerians is 310 while Black market rate used by ordinary Nigerians is 395. So who is fooling who? Useless country, shameless leaders deceiving gullible Nigerians.

The irony of all of this is Nigerians are less concerned that their currency lost 50% of its value. In a sane society people will be in the streets protesting and requiring for immediate austerity measures. Multinationals are closing their businesses. Here is why: Multinationals by law are mandated to keep 50% of their local sourced revenue in Naira. You could imagine if a multinational had over 10 billion Naira in deposits only to wake up over the course of the months that Naira has lost 50% of its value, instead of 10 billion Naira, they now have 5 billion naira. You wonder why over 9 international airline companies are no longer interested in doing business in Nigeria.

Bro sincerly I love ur analysis. But dont u tink is unfair to blame this problem onn the FG. What causes d reduction in potency of the naira? Is it not the dwindling reduction in our exports which sadly is 80 percent crude.oil.... when the country is not selling the only thing the whole world is buying, ao do we get foreign exvhange? Ds wud av bin the best time of.our.life if we are selling oil at d rate and ammount ee used to do.dat few years back. I need to pay 8100 eurio as school fee for the past 3 weeks but d exchange rate killed it, so am here. But do u kno despite all ds, I know dias notin ds admin cud av done if not only to keep seeling crude oil sp as to finance d diversification.... u maytink am crazy, look deep down and dont judge by d current hardship in d land....if not for God, dat 395 as parallale market rate is still an achievement...

1 Like

Re: Naira Finally Improves At The Interbank Rate by greatex(m): 7:52pm On Aug 12, 2016
I think I no longer know the meaning of improvement.......lemme go nd check my dict
Re: Naira Finally Improves At The Interbank Rate by Safari29: 8:06pm On Aug 12, 2016
please are we spending dollar or naira in Nigeria?
Re: Naira Finally Improves At The Interbank Rate by mattmogan88: 8:15pm On Aug 12, 2016
back in d days when
infinix hot note was 23k
infinix note 2 was 27k
when camon C8 was only 25k
itel prime 2 was 21k
now go market check dem price
oh!!! na dis economy make camon C9 cost 53k,C7=40k, Hot S=45k

d good old days, yes u heard me right, #olddays

1 Like

Re: Naira Finally Improves At The Interbank Rate by AlexSon30: 8:18pm On Aug 12, 2016
petmax2020:

Naira has made a significant improvement at the interbank level while the black market value remains the same.

These are the currency exchange rates for 12th of August, 2016 as at 10:00am as powered by Zenith Bank.

The fate of the naira against the dollar has increased the rate of inflation in Nigeria considering the fact that Nigeria practises an import-based economy.

SOURCE: http://www.petmaxflame.com/2016/08/naira-finally-improves-at-interbank-rate.html
Cc; Lalasticlala, Ishilove, Semid4lyfe, Obinoscopy, Mynd44
let's reason here people. It was #400 to a dollar but now #395 and we call it an improvement.

Is it that the person who wrote this didn't pass Maths in waec or what?

Is the difference BTW 400 and 395 significant?
Re: Naira Finally Improves At The Interbank Rate by udoh2k: 8:35pm On Aug 12, 2016
The real rate is what ur bank charge u when u buy something online using ur ATM. I always use abokifx.com. The cheapest is N350 since last week. No IMPROVEMENT!
Re: Naira Finally Improves At The Interbank Rate by rusher14: 8:45pm On Aug 12, 2016
luckynzo:

Oga.
There is nothing benefit to a falling Naira. There is nothing to take advantage of.
Even if you import and sell your Dollars for N400. the cost of living will wipe out all that money in no time.

If you make money in forex then a weak naira is welcomed.

Cost of living is high everywhere in the world more so in advanced countries.
Re: Naira Finally Improves At The Interbank Rate by litaninja(m): 8:46pm On Aug 12, 2016
Market forces will determine.....
Market forces HAVE determined that since you're still largely an import based economy and have a high demand for the dollar, the Naira will continue to fall against it.
Let's be honest, Buhari is NOT the source of that problem, maybe we need him to find a solution, but he's definitely not the problem.
So my brother / sister, what have you produced today that can be exported

Olu20090:
When you say Interbank rate...is this the rate that ordinary Nigerians are buying dollar for? Last I checked we buy at black market for 395. They told us last month when the new policy went into effect that it will converge the trio of Official, Bank and Black market rates to ONE RATE determined by market forces yet NOTHING HAS CHANGED. Bank rate used by the wealthy and connected Nigerians is 310 while Black market rate used by ordinary Nigerians is 395. So who is fooling who? Useless country, shameless leaders deceiving gullible Nigerians.

The irony of all of this is Nigerians are less concerned that their currency lost 50% of its value. In a sane society people will be in the streets protesting and requiring for immediate austerity measures. Multinationals are closing their businesses. Here is why: Multinationals by law are mandated to keep 50% of their local sourced revenue in Naira. You could imagine if a multinational had over 10 billion Naira in deposits only to wake up over the course of the months that Naira has lost 50% of its value, instead of 10 billion Naira, they now have 5 billion naira. You wonder why over 9 international airline companies are no longer interested in doing business in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Naira Finally Improves At The Interbank Rate by rhektor(m): 9:14pm On Aug 12, 2016
Nigeria under PMB
One step forward one hundred steps backwards

Abegi IPOB yoots how much be Visa to Biafra?
grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Naira Finally Improves At The Interbank Rate by yomz1e(m): 9:24pm On Aug 12, 2016
please i pray for Naira to recover, seriously it is a dire situation for us changing naira to pounds
Re: Naira Finally Improves At The Interbank Rate by MamaletASO: 10:03pm On Aug 12, 2016
I laff my ass out...
Admin I want to say "U are f*cking cr*zy." is dis an improvement ??
improvement can only be when $1 = N115 or N155..
pls stop posting rubbish. God bless naija.
Re: Naira Finally Improves At The Interbank Rate by tiwiex(m): 10:18pm On Aug 12, 2016
Esdb3:
Lmao! That's an improvement?! We have been reduced to rubbish!

Emmy B

They even insult by saying significant. Na so dem meet am?
Re: Naira Finally Improves At The Interbank Rate by luckynzo(m): 10:26pm On Aug 12, 2016
rusher14:

If you make money in forex then a weak naira is welcomed.

Cost of living is high everywhere in the world more so in advanced countries.

True. Cost of living is high every where in the world. especially in advanced countries. But you forget that those advanced countries are economically developed with solid infrastructure. Not in a country where you provide your own light with numerous dependants who are qualified but cannot find decent employment.
Re: Naira Finally Improves At The Interbank Rate by rusher14: 10:30pm On Aug 12, 2016
luckynzo:

True. Cost of living is high every where in the world. especially in advanced countries. But you forget that those advanced countries are economically developed with solid infrastructure. Not in a country where you provide your own light with numerous dependants who are qualified but cannot find decent employment.

You do realise it isn't government's role to provide jobs.

The government's role is to provide security, infrastructure, educational facilities and policies which would promote entrepreneurship.

So, as Nigerians who are constantly whinging we need to create opportunities and jobs for ourselves and by so doing for the next man rather than lament finding jobs.
Re: Naira Finally Improves At The Interbank Rate by Ndolarr: 7:07am On Aug 13, 2016
The obviously ill informed educated illiterates on this platform should realize that the nation's quantum of foreign reserves and inflow of forex are key factors that determine the exchange rate of the naira. Buhari should not be blamed! Naira will not appreciate as long as the abysmally low international price of crude oil and the mindless blowing of oil pipelines by the avengers in the Niger Delta persist! Also, naira will continue to suffer if we continue with our stupid taste for imported items, including holidays (how many senators and members of House of Representatives holiday in Obudu or Yankari or anywhere in Nigeria? They are all abroad!). Until the economy is diversified and we stop celebrating looters of the treasury who steal enough to mop up available forex in the official and black markets and take same abroad including Dubai to throw beach parties and buy expensive items for girlfriends. Nigerians created the current mess, so Nigerians should be ready to clear it and stop blaming Buhari!! It is ungodly!!!
Re: Naira Finally Improves At The Interbank Rate by frenzydaniel1(m): 7:39am On Aug 13, 2016
Shey oloriburuku ni awon pple yi ni?

Dis one na improvement?

I wan buy fone i no fit buy cos na every hour d fone price dey increase cry
Re: Naira Finally Improves At The Interbank Rate by muyiwaojo1(m): 10:43am On Aug 13, 2016
Recently, Buhari said Nigeria is broke. Hmmm, can u imagine that? Why can't they try raise funds. They should cut down spending, pay our law makers below half of what they are receiving now, invest the money recovered from corrupt leaders and then diversify the economy. Oil isn't paying so much like before. So why still dwelling on it why can't he just focus on other mineral resources and agriculture? We can export these things and make even more money.
But I wonder why they are not doing all these things. This dollar thing is just temporary, if nothing is done to this economic recession we are in right now, I pray the dollar won't hit up to 500naira.
We can't continue like this. Folding our arms and running after looted funds by corrupt officials. An economic strategy is needed so as to fix this recession.
Re: Naira Finally Improves At The Interbank Rate by petmax2020: 4:17pm On Aug 14, 2016
Wake up!
neocortex:
Wake me up when the real Naira rates(parallel market) improves.
Re: Naira Finally Improves At The Interbank Rate by neocortex: 7:04pm On Aug 14, 2016
petmax2020:
Wake up!

Has it improved ?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

FIRS Clarifies Directive On Self Certification Forms For Bank Account Holders. / Help, My Late Mum's Money Is Stuck In Bank / How Dangote Sold Bank For N1.2 Billion, Shut Down Companies Over Gov't Policies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.