Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,237 members, 7,818,795 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:57 AM

EFCC: We Stopped Sunday Karim From Traveling Abroad Over Arms Scandal - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / EFCC: We Stopped Sunday Karim From Traveling Abroad Over Arms Scandal (17360 Views)

"How We Stopped Buhari From Coming To Enugu" – IPOB / SSS Seizes Sunday Karim Passport, Blocks Him From Travelling To US / Yahaya Bello Barred From Traveling Abroad, Ordered To Return Home - Kogi Reports (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

EFCC: We Stopped Sunday Karim From Traveling Abroad Over Arms Scandal by TheFreeOne: 10:22pm On Aug 12, 2016
The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC, says a member of the House of Representatives who was barred from traveling out of the country on Thursday is wanted for his alleged links to the arms procurement scandal.

Sunday Karim, a Peoples Democratic Party member representing Kogi State, was stopped by the State Security Service at the Abuja International Airport as he prepared to board a flight to the United States of America.

Mr. Karim told PREMIUM TIMES he was stopped by security agents as he was trying to clear Immigration.

He said SSS operatives promptly seized his international passport after his luggage had been checked in by Air France.

His belongings were later handed to him and he returned to his house, the lawmaker told PREMIUM TIMES.

The EFCC said it alerted the SSS to stop Mr. Karim from flying out of the country.

Wilson Uwujaren, spokesman for the EFCC, told PREMIUM TIMES that state agents decided to move against Mr. Karim at the airport because the lawmaker had been elusive for weeks.

“We’ve been looking for him since then but we couldn’t find him,” Mr. Uwujaren said. “So we had to put his name on the watch list.”

Mr. Karim became a person of interest because he allegedly received up to N200 million through a company linked to him, Mr. Uwujaren said.

The firm, Atlantic Drilling Fluids, allegedly received the funds from Sylvan MacNamara, a company linked to the sons of a former Minister of State for Defence, Musiliu Obanikoro, the EFCC said.

Sylvan MacNamara was itself a subject of months of intense investigation by the authorities. The probe had seen operatives raid the homes of Mr. Obanikoro and his two sons, Jide and Gbolahan, in Lagos and Abuja.

The Obanikoros said they were innocent. They have not been seen in Nigeria since the enquiry began over six months ago.

Mr. Uwujaren said Mr. Karim reported at the EFCC headquarters in Abuja on Friday afternoon, and was later allowed to go on the condition that he would return on Monday for further interrogations.

Mr. Karim did not answer or return PREMIUM TIMES’ calls and text messages on Friday.

He had told this newspaper shortly after he was stopped by the SSS that the EFCC was responsible for his ordeal, saying he had no prior notice that he was wanted by the authorities.

“EFCC said I cannot travel. Nigeria has become such a lawless country? If you have issues, you would call me and get a statement from me,” Mr. Karim said.

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/208512-stopped-kogi-lawmaker-traveling-abroad-efcc.html?utm_source=&utm_medium=twitter

2 Likes

Re: EFCC: We Stopped Sunday Karim From Traveling Abroad Over Arms Scandal by Sunofgod(m): 10:23pm On Aug 12, 2016
Who no chop dat moni?

[img]https://www.nairaland.com/avatars/465869[/img]

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: EFCC: We Stopped Sunday Karim From Traveling Abroad Over Arms Scandal by finebois(m): 10:43pm On Aug 12, 2016
Who EFCC epp?

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: EFCC: We Stopped Sunday Karim From Traveling Abroad Over Arms Scandal by OLADD: 10:44pm On Aug 12, 2016
EFCC, Buhari's satanic tool of oppression and vendetta. They only become hyper-active when going after PDP members but go docile and numb in the face of padding and other criminal acts committed by members of the Association Political Conmen. It's just a matter of time before nemesis catches up with you all.

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: EFCC: We Stopped Sunday Karim From Traveling Abroad Over Arms Scandal by Businessideas: 10:48pm On Aug 12, 2016
[size=18pt]
“EFCC said I cannot travel. Nigeria has become such a lawless country? If you have issues, you would call me and get a statement from me,” Mr. Karim said.
[/size]
Please help us ask him if he was the only one at the airport.
With N200million allegedly pocketed by you and you still want to travel?? This people are pushing Buhari and they will soon hear am

58 Likes 3 Shares

Re: EFCC: We Stopped Sunday Karim From Traveling Abroad Over Arms Scandal by wowmenow: 10:49pm On Aug 12, 2016
When will efcc arrest the recession in Nigeria

1 Like 1 Share

Re: EFCC: We Stopped Sunday Karim From Traveling Abroad Over Arms Scandal by wowmenow: 10:50pm On Aug 12, 2016
Businessideas:
[size=18pt]
[/size]
With N200million allegedly pocketed by you and you still want to travel?? This people are pushing Buhari and they will soon hear am

He was the only pdp in the plane that's why he was arrested

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: EFCC: We Stopped Sunday Karim From Traveling Abroad Over Arms Scandal by bonechamberlain(m): 11:24pm On Aug 12, 2016
Nonsense, efcc has been looking for him and they can't find him. You can't find a federal lawmaker, for how long and it wasn't in the media Until now, these guys should tell another lie, of course they must tag his arrest was related to the. Regular anthem "arms deal" to justify their arresting the man.

42 Likes 2 Shares

Re: EFCC: We Stopped Sunday Karim From Traveling Abroad Over Arms Scandal by Thisis2raw(m): 12:24am On Aug 13, 2016
Nigerians should mark my words. One day this EFCC Buhari is using as an instrument to fight his oppositions, this same EFCC will be his first step to downfall.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: EFCC: We Stopped Sunday Karim From Traveling Abroad Over Arms Scandal by gunuvi(m): 3:52am On Aug 13, 2016
bonechamberlain:
Nonsense, efcc has been looking for him and they can't find him. You can't find a federal lawmaker, for how long and it wasn't in the media Until now, these guys should tell another lie, of course they must tag his arrest was related to the. Regular anthem "arms deal" to justify their arresting the man.
zombies are already supporting effc without thinking . Thanks for further explaining to their dumb skulls

19 Likes 4 Shares

Re: EFCC: We Stopped Sunday Karim From Traveling Abroad Over Arms Scandal by thedarkside: 6:55am On Aug 13, 2016
only 4 years...when he want us to be unhappy??....when its 40years??....aaabegi,park well,mr leader!!!!!!...

ohhh,sorry...wrong thread... grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: EFCC: We Stopped Sunday Karim From Traveling Abroad Over Arms Scandal by Firefire(m): 7:00am On Aug 13, 2016
Your ordered suffering is ready!

Enjoy your meals of affliction, complain(s) not allowed. Bon appetit

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: EFCC: We Stopped Sunday Karim From Traveling Abroad Over Arms Scandal by amaechi1: 7:03am On Aug 13, 2016
wowmenow:

Why do we have recession in the first place.

6 Likes

Re: EFCC: We Stopped Sunday Karim From Traveling Abroad Over Arms Scandal by thedarkside: 7:10am On Aug 13, 2016
Firefire:
Your ordered suffering is ready!

Enjoy your meals of affliction, complain(s) not allowed. Bon appetit

and you??...do you have it easy ya self??...

we that voted buhari,know why!!!....dont test our resolve....you would be suprised....!!!....

we are tired of immorality,western-world,death,lawlessnes,our oyel,biafra,naija delta,1960,sodomy.....

we are nigeria!!!..........

9 Likes

Re: EFCC: We Stopped Sunday Karim From Traveling Abroad Over Arms Scandal by Firefire(m): 7:14am On Aug 13, 2016
thedarkside:

we that voted buhari,know why!!!....dont test our resolve....you would be suprised....!!!....

we are tired of immoraliy,western-world,death,lawlessnes,our oyel,biafra,naija delta,1960,sodomy.....

Bros, are you from Greece? You are typing in Greek.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: EFCC: We Stopped Sunday Karim From Traveling Abroad Over Arms Scandal by Nkemtreasure: 7:23am On Aug 13, 2016
amaechi1:

Why do we have recession in the first place.

It's because of lack of ideas of the leadership of this country on what to do. They say recession is GLOBAL, but SA is adding and they over took us as Africa's biggest economy. Other nations are growing because the leaders know what to do but in our own case, instead of admitting that you don't know what to do, they are busy blaming everything on arms scandal or GEJ. If with corruption, Nigeria became the Largest and 3rd fastest growing economy in the world, but when a saint with NEPA BILL as Certificate, who promised to pay #5k/month to unemployed youths, who promised 3mil jobs per year, who promised free food for our children in school, etc and none has been done instead we hear excuses, then I conclude, we have been scammed.

2 Likes

Re: EFCC: We Stopped Sunday Karim From Traveling Abroad Over Arms Scandal by rusher14: 8:04am On Aug 13, 2016
Nkemtreasure:

It's because of lack of ideas of the leadership of this country on what to do. They say recession is GLOBAL, but SA is adding and they over took us as Africa's biggest economy. Other nations are growing because the leaders know what to do but in our own case, instead of admitting that you don't know what to do, they are busy blaming everything on arms scandal or GEJ. If with corruption, Nigeria became the Largest and 3rd fastest growing economy in the world, but when a saint with NEPA BILL as Certificate, who promised to pay #5k/month to unemployed youths, who promised 3mil jobs per year, who promised free food for our children in school, etc and none has been done instead we hear excuses, then I conclude, we have been scammed.

Nigeria became the largest economy in Africa as long as oil was at an all time high.

What industries and factories did we see during the period?

What has led to their slump in production since then?

Why does it coincide with a slump in oil price as also witnessed in top oil producing countries of the world?

We can continue to decieve ourselves or accept the truth that we've never been a productive country.

We've simply been on a high as the price of oil reigned supreme.

Back to earth now.

13 Likes

Re: EFCC: We Stopped Sunday Karim From Traveling Abroad Over Arms Scandal by youngvizzy1(m): 12:33pm On Aug 13, 2016
Someone please wish me HAPPY BIRTHDAY. its my birthday

4 Likes

Re: EFCC: We Stopped Sunday Karim From Traveling Abroad Over Arms Scandal by Drsheddy(m): 12:34pm On Aug 13, 2016
Hh
Re: EFCC: We Stopped Sunday Karim From Traveling Abroad Over Arms Scandal by Landloard01(m): 12:35pm On Aug 13, 2016
ok
Re: EFCC: We Stopped Sunday Karim From Traveling Abroad Over Arms Scandal by Pavore9: 12:38pm On Aug 13, 2016
I just dey laugh as l no even see one kobo inside the millions and billions mentioned upandan! cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

3 Likes

Re: EFCC: We Stopped Sunday Karim From Traveling Abroad Over Arms Scandal by UnknownT: 12:43pm On Aug 13, 2016
This story get as e be! How can a member house of rep be elusive? Is it that he doesn't go to the National Assembly complex again? And he wasn't declared wanted all this while

1 Like

Re: EFCC: We Stopped Sunday Karim From Traveling Abroad Over Arms Scandal by Spells(m): 12:49pm On Aug 13, 2016
APC using efcc as e'm tools to get back at anyone who oppose e'm.

1 Like

Re: EFCC: We Stopped Sunday Karim From Traveling Abroad Over Arms Scandal by Spells(m): 12:51pm On Aug 13, 2016
okuneddie:
OK....meanwhile vacancy vacancy vacancy!!!

Are you aged between 24yrs - 50yrs?
Are you a holder of a Bachelor's degree, degree or
PhD in any field related to Finance, Engineering,
Statistics, Information Technology, Economics,
Commerce, Law, Medicine, Humanities, Social
Sciences, Nursing Administration, Education,
Theatre?
Do you have a driver's license?
Are you willing to work from 8.30am - 4.00pm
Monday to Thursday and 9.00am - 12.00noon on
Friday?
Are you ready to accept and take home a salary
of #500,000 per month, transport allowances of
#50,000 per month, Housing allowance of
#100,000 per month, lunch allowance of 30,000
per month?
Are you ready to travel out of the country at least
twice every quarter to USA or any destination of
your choice with your partner?
THEN DON'T WORRY! ..YOU ARE NOT ALONE!! ..
I'm also looking for such a job!!! If you find one
please call me too. Lol
Chai.... It's no fair ohcheesy I don dey plan on our to apply
Re: EFCC: We Stopped Sunday Karim From Traveling Abroad Over Arms Scandal by MadCow1: 12:53pm On Aug 13, 2016
Fhuck him..

Good job EFCC
Re: EFCC: We Stopped Sunday Karim From Traveling Abroad Over Arms Scandal by GoodofNaija: 12:59pm On Aug 13, 2016
wowmenow:

Ask Google!
Re: EFCC: We Stopped Sunday Karim From Traveling Abroad Over Arms Scandal by GoodofNaija: 12:59pm On Aug 13, 2016
wowmenow:

Ask Google
Re: EFCC: We Stopped Sunday Karim From Traveling Abroad Over Arms Scandal by sainttwist1(m): 1:05pm On Aug 13, 2016
thedarkside:

we are tired of immorality,western-world,death,lawlessnes,our oyel,biafra,naija delta,1960,sodomy.....

what are you saying now?
Re: EFCC: We Stopped Sunday Karim From Traveling Abroad Over Arms Scandal by back2sender: 1:07pm On Aug 13, 2016
Businessideas:
[size=18pt]
[/size]
And has been elusive!!!! Wanting to sneak thru the back door to america to go and see his chief looter Obanikoro hiding in america. God punish the Devil sorry i mean looters of our commonwealth.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

APC Replies Obasanjo At Press Conference: 'We Will Disgrace You' / Sahara Reporters BREAKING: Wole Soyinka Endorses Moghalu For President / IPC Releases Documented 2019 Campaign Promises Of President Muhammadu Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.