Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,462 members, 7,819,682 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:46 PM

Why Are Nigerians Like This?! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Are Nigerians Like This?! (1894 Views)

Nigerians Like Sharing Fake And Bad News – Rotimi Amaechi / PDP Poll: Are Nigerians Better Off Today Than 2 Years Ago? Shocking Results!! / CNN: "Nigeria Will Look Like This In 2050" - Nigerians React (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Are Nigerians Like This?! by wadetaw202: 1:42am On Aug 13, 2016
Fashola was interviewed on BBC HardTalk and it was surprising to see people here castigating him and calling him empty. I found myself liking their nonsense comments, thinking they were saying the truth about fashola being empty. My opinion however changed when I personally watched the video.

In the video, I saw a man who knew what he was saying, a man whom was comported and never stammered or stuttered for once, a man displaying intelligence and brilliance as they come.

I looked for any sign of emptiness in what fashola was saying and i couldn't find any. I started wondering if those making those senseless and unreasonable comments actually watched the video.

While it is good to be in the opposition, it is also good for us to use our brains properly and choose our fights, arguments and counter-opinions carefully, so that we wouldn't sound like foooools.

Granted that fahsola made some statements I do not like, there is still no sign of losing his cool all through the interview.

These wailers supporting one politician/political party against another, what will you do if you find the two political enemies together in the same political party tomorrow?

This is the link to the video. Nigerians should kindly watch it and show me anywhere fashola was caught off-guard or couldn't defend himself or looked empty.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YFRTJ3YLv7A

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Nigerians Like This?! by tomakint: 2:04am On Aug 13, 2016
Are you for real or you just enjoy sounding comical. I watched that same video from beginning to the end and I don't see any brilliant response tackling the questions being tossed at him but his usual "dancing round" pressing issues undecided you are the one not getting it right the way people answer questions diplomatically. He was lucky not to be interviewed by Amanpour you will really feel sorry for him. All I see the rouble rouser doing is heaping blames on Jonathan even despite being called out on the hard facts of ending Boko Haram attacks on innocent lives by ending of last year (2015), one of their failed campaign promises undecided educate us on how he spoke well when asked about his N70 million website upgrade, N600 million extension and renovation of motor park assigned to his office, the massive suffering plaguing the northeastern part displaced people. Tell us how roads are being constructed across the Country according to Fashola undecided educate us how basic infrastructures that are accrued to Fashola's office are being distributed to the teeming masses satisfactions. The sooner you realised that Fashola had just play his usual rabble rousing gimmicks the better for you.

As you know, facts don't lie, Nigeria is drowning according to the interviewer and only a clown will score Fashola a pass mark the way he answered those questions, because in the real sense of it, he never did but was busy dancing around them.

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Are Nigerians Like This?! by orisa37: 3:20am On Aug 13, 2016
I now regret that we failed to give OBJ an experimental third term. He is now a lone fighter for equity and justice in this corrupt and conflicting Country. I am waiting to read what W.S. has to say on his meeting with PMB.
Re: Why Are Nigerians Like This?! by aresssa: 3:28am On Aug 13, 2016
wadetaw202:
Fashola was interviewed on BBC HardTalk and it was surprising to see people here castigating him and calling him empty. I found myself liking their nonsense comments, thinking they were saying the truth about fashola being empty. My opinion however changed when I personally watched the video.

In the video, I saw a man who knew what he was saying, a man whom was comported and never stammered or stuttered for once, a man displaying intelligence and brilliance as they come.

I looked for any sign of emptiness in what fashola was saying and i couldn't find any. I started wondering if those making those senseless and unreasonable comments actually watched the video.

While it is good to be in the opposition, it is also good for us to use our brains properly and choose our fights, arguments and counter-opinions carefully, so that we wouldn't sound like foooools.

Granted that fahsola made some statements I do not like, there is still no sign of losing his cool all through the interview.

These wailers supporting one politician/political party against another, what will you do if you find the two political enemies together in the same political party tomorrow?

This is the link to the video. Nigerians should kindly watch it and show me anywhere fashola was caught off-guard or couldn't defend himself or looked empty.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YFRTJ3YLv7A

lmao @ Nigerians.. grin

This when you confused Igbos with Nigerians.. grin

Igbos saw a totally different video.. grin

Abeg, Igbos, unpatriotic, disgruntled and anti Nigerian elements are not Nigerians.. grin

These ere eternal losers and they have been losing since independence. grin

Hared and bitterness is their one and only portion in life... grin

3 Likes

Re: Why Are Nigerians Like This?! by Godfullsam(m): 4:17am On Aug 13, 2016
The children of hatred from the yEast can never say anything good about the yolobas.

That is why the are pained.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Nigerians Like This?! by sathel(m): 5:37am On Aug 13, 2016
Asin cancerous tribalism Is killing us
Re: Why Are Nigerians Like This?! by HtwoOw: 6:49am On Aug 13, 2016
I'm watching video later
Re: Why Are Nigerians Like This?! by Firefire(m): 7:08am On Aug 13, 2016
Fashola the scamer... Minister of Darkness. cheesy

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Nigerians Like This?! by wadetaw202: 7:16am On Aug 13, 2016
tomakint:
Are you for real or you just enjoy sounding comical. I watched that same video from beginning to the end and I don't see any brilliant response tackling the questions being tossed at him but his usual "dancing round" pressing issues undecided you are the one not getting it right the way people answer questions diplomatically. He was lucky not to be interviewed by Amanpour you will really feel sorry for him. All I see the rouble rouser doing is heaping blames on Jonathan even despite being called out on the hard facts of ending Boko Haram attacks on innocent lives by ending of last year (2015), one of their failed campaign promises undecided educate us on how he spoke well when asked about his N70 million website upgrade, N600 million extension and renovation of motor park assigned to his office, the massive suffering plaguing the northeastern part displaced people. Tell us how roads are being constructed across the Country according to Fashola undecided educate us how basic infrastructures that are accrued to Fashola's office are being distributed to the teeming masses satisfactions. The sooner you realised that Fashola had just play his usual rabble rousing gimmicks the better for you.

As you know, facts don't lie, Nigeria is drowning according to the interviewer and only a clown will score Fashola a pass mark the way he answered those questions, because in the real sense of it, he never did but was busy dancing around them.

I Dont like buhari and many of his ministers, but I'm not comfortable with the way we have tribalised and politicised all our reasonings. As far as PDP is concerned, APC can never do anything right. As far as APC is concerned, PDP can never do anything right. In my ooinon, this is a very bad way to see things. We should be reasonable and give credit where credit is due.

The way those wailers were commenting on the video, I was expecting to see fashola sweating and struggling and almost stammering. They said he was empty as if he was looking like a member of Dundee United when he was being interviewed. While his responses were not perfect to me, like the blaming of Jonathan and the fact that he said Nigerians are happy with this adminstration, I still see him as holding his ground and making himself clear.

I'm certain you will never refer to when he told Stephen that "the person who received stolen goods is as guilty as the person who stole it". You will never refer to that because it doesn't suit your narrative of negativity. Would you have done better than him if you were the one being interviewed? Why must you cast down anyone and everyone that doesn't belong to same party as you? Why?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Are Nigerians Like This?! by wadetaw202: 7:19am On Aug 13, 2016
Firefire:
Fashola the scamer... Minister of Darkness. cheesy

You may be right, but he wasn't stammering in that video.

He said anyone who has evidence of personal gain or corruption against him should bring forth such evidence.

If you have such evidence, kindly bring it forth.... Or remain silent for ever.
Re: Why Are Nigerians Like This?! by 9jii(m): 7:43am On Aug 13, 2016
That's what happens when Hatred overtake all d senses. Those children of hate will never see Anything Good.
Re: Why Are Nigerians Like This?! by refreshrate: 8:00am On Aug 13, 2016
All these people saying ipob yeast and co. do you have light at home?
are your roads any better?
do you see the housing crises reducing?

I really don't know what is wrong with some of you I swear which clearly explains why dem no dey gree give una visa.

this same fashola that said 6months was enough for any responsible govt to provide stable power supply.
you come here to support his what ?

during ministerial screening did some not go as far as saying he would be next president?

all for what?
because of bucal cavity?

my people perish for lack of knowledge.

is it mouth and grammar we will use to power our homes & offices?

Barth nnaji was excellent when he was in charge of power how many times did he come out to castigate anybody or heap blame on anything ?

I swear I really feel sorry for everybody in the country cos the ratio of foolish people to reasonable ones is overwhelming I swear.

fashola can talk.
yes
na talk I go use power my house then the senseless bills they bring.

go ahead...continue to blame the wrong people for the lack of efficiency of another person.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Nigerians Like This?! by refreshrate: 8:12am On Aug 13, 2016
wadetaw202:

I Dont like buhari and many of his ministers, but I'm not comfortable with the way we have tribalised and politicised all our reasonings. As far as PDP is concerned, APC can never do anything right. As far as APC is concerned, PDP can never do anything right. In my ooinon, this is a very bad way to see things. We should be reasonable and give credit where credit is due.

The way those wailers were commenting on the video, I was expecting to see fashola sweating and struggling and almost stammering. They said he was empty as if he was looking like a member of Dundee United when he was being interviewed. While his responses were not perfect to me, like the blaming of Jonathan and the fact that he said Nigerians are happy with this adminstration, I still see him as holding his ground and making himself clear.

I'm certain you will never refer to when he told Stephen that "the person who received stolen goods is as guilty as the person who stole it". You will never refer to that because it doesn't suit your narrative of negativity. Would you have done better than him if you were the one being interviewed? Why must you cast down anyone and everyone that doesn't belong to same party as you? Why?

oga talk is cheap.
that said. was fashola selected as minister to come and be talking or to deliver on the ministries under his portfolio?

is he delivering on any of them?

you're talking about person buying stolen goods and thief being guilty blah blah blah
fashola is not minister of justice

let's stay focused.

you didn't mention the part where the talkative said any responsible govt should be able to provide stable power supply in 6 months (this is more under his responsibility)

has he provided power coming close to 6 months * 3?

me I don't like it when people leave substance and start chasing shadows o.

you're claiming wailers, do you have light at home?

if his mouth could run like generator and power the country e for better, coming on tv to talk without anything to show in terms of improvement, oga don't allow yourself to be brainwashed with blah blah blah o Abeg.
enough is enough

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Nigerians Like This?! by tomakint: 11:28am On Aug 13, 2016
wadetaw202:

Nigeria is dying and you are still playing the tribalism card. I am a Yoruba man so is Fashola undecided and I ask you, what is my business with his tribe even if he comes from my village when he is busy underperforming despite the resources at his disposal. Lagos had the biggest resources to look like London but what is Lagos like today and Fashola spent 8 years as Governor? Fast forward to now, his ministries (3) had the biggest chunk of the budget in its Kitty and you know what is going on in that ministry today. I am not here for APC or PDP, I am only here to open the eyes of myopic youths who are fond of celebrating mediocrities, madness at the behest of their glorious future being robbed by "sweet-talking" professional rogues.
As I am talking to you now, did you know that Jibrin (the lawmaker that exposed the shady deals of Dogara and co with documented facts) is being hounded now by EFCC and may be jailed? But Dogara the real thief and rogue is walking free undecided So what is this bloody rogue Fashola talking about that "the person who received stolen goods is as guilty as the person who stole it" undecided if you THINK Fashola believes that word he said there then you must be joking big time. Only wise men here can discern who Fashola really is!

4 Likes

Re: Why Are Nigerians Like This?! by tomakint: 4:06pm On Aug 13, 2016
refreshrate:
All these people saying ipob yeast and co. do you have light at home?
are your roads any better?
do you see the housing crises reducing?

I really don't know what is wrong with some of you I swear which clearly explains why dem no dey gree give una visa.

this same fashola that said 6months was enough for any responsible govt to provide stable power supply.
you come here to support his what ?

during ministerial screening did some not go as far as saying he would be next president?

all for what?
because of bucal cavity?

my people perish for lack of knowledge.

is it mouth and grammar we will use to power our homes & offices?

Barth nnaji was excellent when he was in charge of power how many times did he come out to castigate anybody or heap blame on anything ?

I swear I really feel sorry for everybody in the country cos the ratio of foolish people to reasonable ones is overwhelming I swear.

fashola can talk.
yes
na talk I go use power my house then the senseless bills they bring.

go ahead...continue to blame the wrong people for the lack of efficiency of another person.

May you continue to enjoy God's blessings all the days of your life for this brilliant piece my brother. Most of the dudes in here get easily carried away by baseless and empty big words when in actual fact what is on ground is DARK! I maintain, Fashola is a scammer.

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Nigerians Like This?! by wadetaw202: 5:15pm On Aug 13, 2016
tomakint:

Nigeria is dying and you are still playing the tribalism card. I am a Yoruba man so is Fashola undecided and I ask you, what is my business with his tribe even if he comes from my village when he is busy underperforming despite the resources at his disposal. Lagos had the biggest resources to look like London but what is Lagos like today and Fashola spent 8 years as Governor? Fast forward to now, his ministries (3) had the biggest chunk of the budget in its Kitty and you know what is going on in that ministry today. I am not here for APC or PDP, I am only here to open the eyes of myopic youths who are fond of celebrating mediocrities, madness at the behest of their glorious future being robbed by "sweet-talking" professional rogues.
As I am talking to you now, did you know that Jibrin (the lawmaker that exposed the shady deals of Dogara and co with documented facts) is being hounded now by EFCC and may be jailed? But Dogara the real thief and rogue is walking free undecided So what is this bloody rogue Fashola talking about that "the person who received stolen goods is as guilty as the person who stole it" undecided if you THINK Fashola believes that word he said there then you must be joking big time. Only wise men here can discern who Fashola really is!

I can't remember ever supporting any tribe in my writeup. So, what do you mean by " playing tribalism card"?
Re: Why Are Nigerians Like This?! by refreshrate: 8:32pm On Aug 13, 2016
tomakint:

May you continue to enjoy God's blessings all the days of your life for this brilliant piece my brother. Most of the dudes in here get easily carried away by baseless and empty big words when in actual fact what is on ground in DARK! I maintain, Fashola is a scammer.

Amen my brother and you too.
I'm tired of the the foolishness propagated by these people I swear. what is it?
is it a curse?
Re: Why Are Nigerians Like This?! by tomakint: 8:55pm On Aug 13, 2016
refreshrate:

Amen my brother and you too.
I'm tired of the the foolishness propagated by these people I swear. what is it?
is it a curse?
Dear brother it is just the way you paint it.....A CURSE!

1 Like

Re: Why Are Nigerians Like This?! by junketer(m): 9:18pm On Aug 13, 2016
So op tell me, how many times have you used grammar to power your house? We all know naija politicians sabi talk. Buhari said he would create 3 million jobs a year, has he done that? NO!. This same fashola said 6months are enough to power nigeria 24/7, has he done that? NO!. Talk is cheap bro. Fashola should talk less and do more.
Re: Why Are Nigerians Like This?! by wadetaw202: 9:26pm On Aug 13, 2016
tomakint:

May you continue to enjoy God's blessings all the days of your life for this brilliant piece my brother. Most of the dudes in here get easily carried away by baseless and empty big words when in actual fact what is on ground is DARK! I maintain, Fashola is a scammer.

All politicians are the same, but we should still handle things the right way.
Re: Why Are Nigerians Like This?! by tomakint: 9:34pm On Aug 13, 2016
wadetaw202:

All politicians are the same, but we should still handle things the right way.
God bless you for this! Indeed they are, including the rabble rouser called Fashola. I just pray you will see him especially as he really is. Bloody pretenders forming reformers. I weep for my dear Country.
Re: Why Are Nigerians Like This?! by wadetaw202: 7:48am On Nov 13, 2016
tomakint:

Nigeria is dying, so your senses should die with it?
Re: Why Are Nigerians Like This?! by limeta(f): 9:39am On Nov 13, 2016
wadetaw202:

I can't remember ever supporting any tribe in my writeup. So, what do you mean by " playing tribalism card"?

But you trying to sell something
what,s in yr bag?
Re: Why Are Nigerians Like This?! by wadetaw202: 8:53pm On Nov 13, 2016
limeta:

But you trying to sell something
what,s in yr bag?

I don't know what you mean. You may make things clearer if you don't mind
Re: Why Are Nigerians Like This?! by mikolo80: 11:15pm On Nov 13, 2016
orisa37:
I now regret that we failed to give OBJ an experimental third term. He is now a lone fighter for equity and justice in this corrupt and conflicting Country. I am waiting to read what W.S. has to say on his meeting with PMB.
you for kuku u make am life presido
Re: Why Are Nigerians Like This?! by orisa37: 8:51pm On Nov 14, 2016
As at now, God has made him The President of world past Presidents.

(1) (Reply)

Arthur Eze "Spraying" Stacks Of Cash At A Wedding Reception / James Ibori's Close Friend Jets To London To Meet Him After His Release. Photos / A Letter Of Appeal To President Yahaya Jammeh From ECOWAS Youth Council

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.