Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,826 members, 7,817,412 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:49 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 - Travel (20) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 (672938 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) ... (405) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by dickoflife(m): 5:11am On Aug 19, 2016
biikeys:

Hmm..how come you got a credit card that fast..
i dwear ti God a couple of my friends still doubting i am been honest. Had to cover the card number and snap and send to them with my name embossed on it before they believed...

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by SilentPistol: 5:57am On Aug 19, 2016
dickoflife:
Silentpistol i don dey look you..... kai dis credit card sweet o... you go dey buy things free but to come pay back go be wahala.... kai due date don dey near o.... lagosismyhome why do they allow us buy so much sef.?

Lmao! Weytin I do? I loyal oh boss.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Nobody: 6:06am On Aug 19, 2016
LagosismyHome:

That relationship is also called Uncle. Best to keep it simple, family tree history not needed dont complicate things

Best to keep it simple, yes, but this is your brother in law and never your uncle. Don't complicate things.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Kashamadupe: 6:19am On Aug 19, 2016
hello house a friend of mine is going to Virgina but he can't get a direct ticket online and also it more cost can he get a direct to New York and from New York he can get a local flight because his school resume in Friday so his thinking of Arik airline
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by joeluv: 6:33am On Aug 19, 2016
Let him book a flight to Washington Dulles international airport. Dulles airport is actually located in Northern Virginia. Please he shld avoid JKF, it's pointless.

Kashamadupe:
hello house a friend of mine is going to Virgina but he can't get a direct ticket online and also it more cost can he get a direct to New York and from New York he can get a local flight because his school resume in Friday so his thinking of Arik airline
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by chukwudick: 6:36am On Aug 19, 2016
femi321:
I understand that you might not be financially buoyant. book royal air moroc flight to New york and take Greyhound bus from new york to your state. that was what I did instead of paying #800k and about #1m for Delta and Lufthansa respectively from lagos to Charlotte I booked RAM for 274k from lagos to new york and booked Greyhound bus (has socket, wifi and AC) with 25k from new york to Charlotte.What matters is getting to US safely and not the food they serve in the plane because RAM's food is sacrifice (ebo) but the airbus from Morocco to newyork is VERY nice. just weight your options. its well

Thanks bro.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by chukwudick: 6:45am On Aug 19, 2016
Thanks Bro am still weighing my options, Still kind of confused though.

LagosismyHome:

From Nigeria you are closer to Wisconsin if you land at Chicago than the more popular Newyork. ....so from Nigeria to Chicago then check cheapticket.com for flights from Chicago to Wisconsin. ... make sure u buy your local plane ticket in advance or else it will be more expensive. Also note that d local flight doesn't include luggages so u will be charged extra for that

Alternatively when u get to chicago get to Grey hound and then take a bus to Winsconsin(its not too far).... if u take your flight from lagos to Newyork then that bus ride to Winsconsin will take ages hence why i recommend u to enter chicago instead of NY .since its a very long journey ny to wisconsin then bus and local flight might be the same so u are better off flying than bus if u do NY to Wisconsin

So ur calculation should be fly to chicago + getting to greyhound + bus to wisconsin. ...... versus fly to newyork +plus local flight + extra luggages = what best works for you
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Kashamadupe: 6:45am On Aug 19, 2016
which airline goes to Dulles because he said Arik is less for him and he can get a local flight to Virgina because no Airline goes to Dulles direct from here
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Nobody: 7:02am On Aug 19, 2016
Teeboy22:

Boss, what's up ,what's good
Longest time

Greetings to my brothers
Bless
yo...how's everything going?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by warriboy21(m): 7:11am On Aug 19, 2016
Chei...c lie wen de tear pant o shockedshocked

How person wen no de yankee wan take get cc

Even if u get cc ...of all places na Walgreen(wen u google) na u c to spend cc

Until u post ur travel transcript.....U still de naija de brew buari change .. cool..

Me sef no even believe say u get visa in d ist place sef undecided

Abegi were Lagos nivvv make I ask her beta question jor smiley

6 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by warriboy21(m): 7:15am On Aug 19, 2016
LagosNIV:

Best to keep it simple, yes, but this is your brother in law and never your uncle. Don't complicate things.

Hi

What are the documents I need to send. My parents and loveones..to come for my graduation...
I met my school and they say they no longer give invitation letter and that I can write it myself.
However I got a verification letter from my registers office

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by LagosismyHome(f): 7:34am On Aug 19, 2016
Kashamadupe:
which airline goes to Dulles because he said Arik is less for him and he can get a local flight to Virgina because no Airline goes to Dulles direct from here

There are very few direct flight ie United which have stopped flying anyway.... it doesnt have to be a direct flight so for Dulles check Qatar airline. ......

lagos -Qatar - Dulles then Virginia is so near.... depending on where in Virginia he can catch the train (although stressful with luggages) or he comes out of the airport in Dulles and take a taxi

Except if he must fly direct and enter his POE by friday .(which means he left last night 11pm arik ) Then take Arik to NY which avoids transit time but Arik too sometime fit cancel fights. ...then Lagos to JFK catch the bus to where in Virginia (its not far with bus )
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Kashamadupe: 8:15am On Aug 19, 2016
LagosismyHome:

There are very few direct flight ie United which have stopped flying anyway.... it doesnt have to be a direct flight so for Dulles check Qatar airline. ......

lagos -Qatar - Dulles then Virginia is so near.... depending on where in Virginia he can catch the train (although stressful with luggages) or he comes out of the airport in Dulles and take a taxi

Except if he must fly direct and enter his POE by friday .(which means he left last night 11pm arik ) Then take Arik to NY which avoids transit time but Arik too sometime fit cancel fights. ...then Lagos to JFK catch the bus to where in Virginia (its not far with bus )
so if he get to jfk he can take a bus to Virgina or local flight which one is more good and reliable bro because it very urgent
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Teeboy22(m): 8:17am On Aug 19, 2016
chukwudick:
please i would really love to know if anyone have any legitimate idea on how i can get a cheap flight to Wisconsin, (green Bay Airport) please i will love to hear from you as soon as you can because i am supposed to be in school on or before 23rd of these month and all the flight i have been researching online are too cost that i can't afford, Thanks you so much for all your efforts in helping one another in these forum it will surly not be in vain.

Boss this ticket matter tire person jare

I been hear say e go come down by sept... I.pray so oo
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by joeluv: 8:23am On Aug 19, 2016
Flights to Dulles international are usually not so diffrent from price of flights to JFK. In Dulles you can book a shuttle bus to your destination, depending where in Virginia he is going to. Northern VA the shuttle would charge $20 to $30. You can not get a direct flight to Dulles from Nigeria.

Kashamadupe:
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by LagosismyHome(f): 8:30am On Aug 19, 2016
Kashamadupe:
so if he get to jfk he can take a bus to Virgina or local flight which one is more good and reliable bro because it very urgent

Anyone is fine and reliable . Both will get him there and once he crosses POE no rush again ...bus will be cheaper although more stressful because he has luggages ...where exactly is he going . What city not state let me break it down his options ......
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by LagosismyHome(f): 8:36am On Aug 19, 2016
Teeboy22:

Boss this ticket matter tire person jare

I been hear say e go come down by sept... I.pray so oo

Yeah because students rush and also summer holiday makers so End of July to August usually very high till demand slow down.. but except your i20 is in September or you are a holiday maker then nothing much u can do but manage and arrange yourself
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Chiznonso: 8:37am On Aug 19, 2016
Pls When does the admission reply usually comes for Spring admission? I need the answer urgently please
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Kashamadupe: 8:39am On Aug 19, 2016
LagosismyHome:

Anyone is fine and reliable . Both will get him there and once he crosses POE no rush again ...bus will be cheaper although more stressful because he has luggages ...where exactly is he going . What city not state let me break it down his options ......
is going to fairfax Virgina

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by joeluv: 8:55am On Aug 19, 2016
Fair fax county is Northern Virginia. So better he lands in Dulles. If he lands in JFK, greyhound and mega bus would stop you in DC, where you would need to take a train to VA which is very stressful. Fair fax is about 20-30 mites from Dulles. When he reached Dulles he should take the shuttle bus from Dulles. He would be charged about $20-30 to fairfax. The shuttle bus would drop you at your house.

Kashamadupe:
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by LagosismyHome(f): 8:57am On Aug 19, 2016
Kashamadupe:

Dulles is definitely closer then....because even from dulles if he calls Uber or shuttle bus it might be around $20 to drive him there . It will be much easier if he goes to Dulles

But if he must use flight to newyork then Bestbus will take him to Fairfax for $35 . From JFK he finds his way to Penn station by train.

Then at Penn station find the Bestbus. They have service to 2 locations in Fairfax County from Penn Station in New york. They go to Springfield or Vienna both are the closest to his destination in Virginia. He needs to check out of springfield or Vienna which is closest to his exact location...so to Newyork dont use greyhound instead use Bestbus

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Kashamadupe: 9:03am On Aug 19, 2016
LagosismyHome:

Dulles is definitely closer then....because even from dulles if he calls Uber or shuttle bus it might be around $20 to drive him there . It will be much easier if he goes to Dulles

But if he must use flight to newyork then Bestbus will take him to Fairfax for $35 . From JFK he finds his way to Penn station by train.

Then at Penn station find the Bestbus. They have service to 2 locations in Fairfax County from Penn Station in New york. They go to Springfield or Vienna both are the closest to his destination in Virginia. He needs to check out of springfield or Vienna which is closest to his exact location...so to Newyork dont use greyhound instead use Bestbus
thank you yes he prefer New York because it a direct flight so that he can get out of Poe and get a bus because he said Arik we take him to New York direct is better than having stop over in another country because he does not want any delay
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Kashamadupe: 9:04am On Aug 19, 2016
joeluv:
Fair fax county is Northern Virginia. So better he lands in Dulles. If he lands in JFK, greyhound and mega bus would stop you in DC, where you would need to take a train to VA which is very stressful. Fair fax is about 20-30 mites from Dulles. When he reached Dulles he should take the shuttle bus from Dulles. He would be charged about $20-30 to fairfax. The shuttle bus would drop you at your house.

thank you but he prefer New York because it a direct flight from Nigeria via Arik
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by LagosismyHome(f): 9:15am On Aug 19, 2016
Kashamadupe:
thank you yes he prefer New York because it a direct flight so that he can get out of Poe and get a bus because he said Arik we take him to New York direct is better than having stop over in another country because he does not want any delay

https://www.bestbus.com/site/m/home.aspx#reservation/reserve.htm

Select Ny 2 Va
Arik will get there early morning at around 5am so after POE head to Penn station and there is a morning bus
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by joeluv: 9:31am On Aug 19, 2016
Early bird admissions come one in July/August. Buh normally it's in October.

Chiznonso:
Pls When does the admission reply usually comes for Spring admission? I need the answer urgently please
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Nobody: 9:54am On Aug 19, 2016
femi321:
Mehn Classes have not started but 24hrs looks like 2hrs, Imperiouxx was right. I have not even had time to type travel transcript i owe. BTW please who knows anyone that knows anyone that knows anyone that can help transfer about $6500 and we will negotiate the exchange rate? I dont mind if the person can transfer only $3000. I really need to pay the balance of my Tuition and 1st bank has been dulling my form A for the past 2weeks now. I am sorry, Nigeria wont help us and they will still look for ways to mess us up. sigh
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by LagosismyHome(f): 10:44am On Aug 19, 2016
warriboy21:

Hi
What are the documents I need to send. My parents and loveones..to come for my graduation...
I met my school and they say they no longer give invitation letter and that I can write it myself.
However I got a verification letter from my registers office

Previous response by LagosNIV to a similar question on Graduation

LagosNIV :

Your parents apply for a visa like anyone else. B1/B2.

We don't need or care about letters of invitation; but they will have to overcome 214(b) on their own. It wouldn't hurt for them to have your information on hand and available in the event that we ask about your details in order to look up your visa in the system.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by nikiihardehx(f): 10:46am On Aug 19, 2016
Hello everyone.... Pls I nid help, my interview is soon
1. I got accepted to a private college dat run associate, bsc degrees on trimester base. But I was accepted for 2years associate degree course in computer information systems (major is computer/information technology services administration nd management). After completion of the course I plan to proceed wif bsc.in information technology... Just gonna ve to do a year top up in d same skul.
*the question is how will I explain this to the v.o wen asked why am going for associate nt bsc wen d same skul run bsc programs
2. I graduated 2010, got into a private uni here but stopped due to d poor lectures and facilities, also did ijmb program, got admitted to a federal school here but for education course so I didn't go, also did computer training.
*the question is how do I explain to the v.o, and for my D's160, I only entered high school
Pls help me out with tips
3. I have a valid UK visa is it right to tell d v.o dat i will b visiting ma dad nd uncle in UK for like 3wiks before resuming skul in oct 1
4. My dad also have a valid b1/b2, he hasnt use it alt all, it will expire april nwztyear, is it safe to tell d v.o dat my dad might be going wif ma dad frm london
Pls help
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by surgeonheric(m): 10:51am On Aug 19, 2016
please gurus in the house I try to search for cheap school in USA I hardly see it, can someone help me with the list of some cheap one
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Chiznonso: 11:05am On Aug 19, 2016
joeluv:
Early bird admissions come one in July/August. Buh normally it's in October.

Thanks bro, I applied this August, so it should be October
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Flosslive: 11:20am On Aug 19, 2016
Bro what time was check in on your flight to Casablanca from Lagos?
sureb0y:
oh, and for tips on post-graduate plans, Always have at least two fat friends of the opposite sex. smiley Get close to them... really close. Thank me later.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Llexnet: 11:24am On Aug 19, 2016
Hello All,

Please I need some info on which school is ok for MS in Cybersecurity or Graduate ceritificate in Cybersecurity. I am an IT engineer with over 5 years expr. trying to take on another challenge in cybersecurity. I have professional certs in CCNA, CCNA sec. Comtia Sec and VMware DCV.

Kindly help, I have being doing alot of research but lots of them want GRE & GMAT, but I no go lie sitting down to write either of them is kinda difficult coz my present job is tasking die.

I will like suggestion from all areas.

Thanks damine, Alexandersherif n Lagosismyhome

@damine, @Alexandersherif, what do you think about what Lagosismyhome said about getting the admission wtout GRE/GMAT might affect the student visa.

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) ... (405)

U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.