Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,137 members, 7,835,812 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 03:21 PM

What's The Best Forum Software For Wordpress? - Webmasters (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / What's The Best Forum Software For Wordpress? (4709 Views)

My Best Forum I Developed With Awesome Features Skyforum / African Best Forum Collecion / Whats D Best Forum Software (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What's The Best Forum Software For Wordpress? by Bigajeff(m): 3:17pm On Aug 14, 2016
check hiipeeps dot com. You get forum, you will blog, you will do normall chat and video chat, you will post video and pictures, you will upload and play music.
Re: What's The Best Forum Software For Wordpress? by AndroidTipster: 3:48pm On Aug 14, 2016
2sexynet:
he should work on getting traffic first.
Traffic is the least of my problems
Re: What's The Best Forum Software For Wordpress? by AndroidTipster: 3:55pm On Aug 14, 2016
Many thanks everyone. I found a good option that I'm sticking with
Re: What's The Best Forum Software For Wordpress? by dogstyle007(m): 9:04pm On Aug 14, 2016
AndroidTipster:
Many thanks everyone. I found a good option that I'm sticking with
which is it?
Re: What's The Best Forum Software For Wordpress? by 2sexynet: 9:33pm On Aug 14, 2016
AndroidTipster:

Traffic is the least of my problems
lol.
Re: What's The Best Forum Software For Wordpress? by semasir: 10:53pm On Aug 14, 2016
I wish I can say more but see my signature with the LASU ID for a well developed NL lookalike. If you need it, I can help you!

NnamdiN:
thank you vocalwalls
Re: What's The Best Forum Software For Wordpress? by bassdow: 12:10am On Aug 15, 2016
Scholarincharge:
Don't Try It!

Don't use bbpress, I'd tried it with my site, www.giftedpens.com, and my server crush down for days because of spam accounts. I use to have more than 100 'fake' account openned at the 'same time'. At first, i thought the forum is merely booming, but later I realized they are all spam accounts. The effect is that i lost huge part of my Seo, since many links no longer exist on the site leading to many soft and hard 404, and thus, googld dropping the links.

If you want a forum success, install SMF on a subdomain (eg forum.yourdomain.com). If your host is Siteground, you'll find the software under "Softaculous".

SMF is forum based software, easy to manage and bla bla, especially against spam accounts that has potential to shutdown your server.

That something didn't work for you or gave you a negative experience doesn't necessarily mean it's bad.

No community based platform can boast of being SPAM free (Google, Facebook and even Nairaland can attest to that. Even WhatsApp groups suffers Lot's of Spam) and it's even higher with popular OpenSource CMSs such as WordPress, SMF, Joomla, etc.
There are 2 sources of SPAM
-Human Sources: This is the hardest to control but less in occurrences. Mostly controlled by Moderators.

-Computer Bots (aka Spam Bots): More prevalent and occurs in large numbers. Controlled by series of methods.

The issues you complained about always happens when the developer or designer doesn't think outside the box. Rather than just go with defaults, try to build upon what's on existence.
Nairaland for instance might be based on SMF but no developer needs to look deep to know that custom developments have been added to it.
Again don't always settle for defaults. Make custom adjustments or employ the services of those in such fields.

Also do note that BBpress is a bare bone forum script hence not adviceble to be used alone.
Re: What's The Best Forum Software For Wordpress? by IkpemhiTG(m): 12:18am On Aug 15, 2016
hmmm good eye opener
exploration mode activated
but I hope this will not kill my coding carrier.All this CMS they can really make life so
Re: What's The Best Forum Software For Wordpress? by bassdow: 12:26am On Aug 15, 2016
yomalex:
I think bbpress does it, UserPro seems okay too

To the best of my knowledge, UserPro is a User Profile management plugin. I believe it's an advanced plugin but it isn't a Forum plugin

BBpress is bare bones. Except used in conjunction with other tools or custom works is employed, it's final output might not be satisfactory
Re: What's The Best Forum Software For Wordpress? by yomalex(m): 2:23am On Aug 15, 2016
bassdow:

To the best of my knowledge, UserPro is a User Profile management plugin. I believe it's an advanced plugin but it isn't a Forum plugin

BBpress is bare bones. Except used in conjunction with other tools or custom works is employed, it's final output might not be satisfactory
It can also be used for a community
Re: What's The Best Forum Software For Wordpress? by AndroidTipster: 1:43pm On Aug 15, 2016
To everyone asking, I settled for Muut. I've begun setting it up and it will be accessible via this link: http://www.androidtipster.com/discussions-around-instagram/
When complete, is should look something like this: https://muut.com/androidtipster

I prefer this theme because it has a discreet feel about it. My intention is to have members discuss anything and everything centered around Instagram growth strategies and monetization.

If you search through my site you'll see that I've had (and continue to) a good measure of success with this topic.

Again, thanks for all the suggestions.
Re: What's The Best Forum Software For Wordpress? by pelij18(m): 5:01pm On Aug 15, 2016
@dhtml @dhtml18 this place no fit you again as a tech geek wey you be.
Kindly move over to radar at techcabal dot com
Na your kind of person plenty there.
Best regards, Pelij, your small boy grin
Re: What's The Best Forum Software For Wordpress? by 2sexynet: 6:49pm On Aug 17, 2016
NnamdiN:
does the forum not have to exist first before one thinks about traffic?
he has blog already.
Re: What's The Best Forum Software For Wordpress? by manik018(m): 6:25am On Oct 01, 2017
bbpress just a bullshit, removed from my blog after 1 month .
yomalex:
I think bbpress does it, UserPro seems okay too
Re: What's The Best Forum Software For Wordpress? by semasir: 5:05pm On Oct 06, 2017
Have you seen the Lasu Forum on my signature? It's worth a look bro.
manik018:
bbpress just a bullshit, removed from my blog after 1 month .

(1) (2) (Reply)

How To Effectively Use Facebook Ads To Promote Affiliate Products / Should Parents Be Held Responsible For Their Child’s Online Behavior? / New Mobilepress Theme With 9 New Features - Oscar Redpress Theme

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.