Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,356 members, 7,954,446 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 07:05 PM

Oshiomole Paralyses Entire Education System In Edo State! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Oshiomole Paralyses Entire Education System In Edo State! (3801 Views)

Fuel Scarcity Paralyses Lagos, Other Major Cities -PUNCH / Police Arrest Oshiomole's Driver / Torrential Rain Paralyses Activities In Ibadan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Oshiomole Paralyses Entire Education System In Edo State! by kosovo(m): 4:10pm On Sep 25, 2009
The people's governor, Adams Oshiomole of Edo State, is set to destroy the entire education system in Edo state, this comes from the fact that all tertiary and primary schools are on strike,
  A situation that would have received much out cry and criticism, if he were still a labor leader.

schools affected by the governor's unholy act include;

Ambrose Ali University,  started even before the general ASUU strike. ( over 4 months)
College of Education. ( over 2 months)
College of Agriculture. (over 3 months)
Institute of continuing Education, (Over 4 months)
N.U.T ( almost 2 weeks)

the Peoples governor? huh? I register my Doubt!
Re: Oshiomole Paralyses Entire Education System In Edo State! by AjaraEwuro: 4:27pm On Sep 25, 2009
ok- wetin be yah point? Mr Kosovo?
Re: Oshiomole Paralyses Entire Education System In Edo State! by kosovo(m): 4:30pm On Sep 25, 2009
@AjaraEwuro
ok- wetin be yah point? Mr Kosovo?
lol, if you can't understand what i mean, then what can u ever understand?
Re: Oshiomole Paralyses Entire Education System In Edo State! by PeeDaVinci: 4:53pm On Sep 25, 2009
u only get to reap what u sow, he sowed strike as nlc leaders, and he is going to reap it. not against osshiomole or what he did as the labour leader by any manner of means

just establishing the law of sowing and reaping is real
Re: Oshiomole Paralyses Entire Education System In Edo State! by Afam(m): 4:59pm On Sep 25, 2009
If Oshiomole cannot resolve the strike in his own state as a governor then it makes perfect sense to state that all the while he was NLC leader he was only blowing hot air or wasting our time.
Re: Oshiomole Paralyses Entire Education System In Edo State! by blackspade(m): 5:03pm On Sep 25, 2009
Africans strike more than the f.ucking French, from South Africa to Kenya, there is always some kind of strike going on. . .

. . .I understand a few strikes, but I'm sick of so many strikes in social areas like health and education. The public can't afford to miss a day without these services.
Re: Oshiomole Paralyses Entire Education System In Edo State! by AjaraEwuro: 5:23pm On Sep 25, 2009
@Poster

I never said i didnt understand, i asked what is your point, blackspade used in packing shit.
Re: Oshiomole Paralyses Entire Education System In Edo State! by kosovo(m): 5:27pm On Sep 25, 2009
@PeeDaVinci
u only get to reap what u sow, he sowed strike as nlc leaders, and he is going to reap it. not against osshiomole or what he did as the labour leader by any manner of means

just establishing the law of sowing and reaping is real

m not surprised, most activist, when they gain power, they tend to do worse!
LAW OF KARMA
Re: Oshiomole Paralyses Entire Education System In Edo State! by spoOne: 5:27pm On Sep 25, 2009
Oshiom ole - big mouth - goat!
Re: Oshiomole Paralyses Entire Education System In Edo State! by kosovo(m): 5:29pm On Sep 25, 2009
@AjaraEwuro
@Poster

I never said i didnt understand, i asked what is your point, blackspade used in packing shit.
Go to the center of any highway, you will definitely find all the points you ever wanted
thanks
Re: Oshiomole Paralyses Entire Education System In Edo State! by kosovo(m): 5:31pm On Sep 25, 2009
@$poOne
Oshiom ole - big mouth - goat!
most funny post i have read in weeks, grin grin grin
Re: Oshiomole Paralyses Entire Education System In Edo State! by Nobody: 5:39pm On Sep 25, 2009
kosovo:

The people's governor, Adams Oshiomole of Edo State, is set to destroy the entire education system in Edo state, this comes from the fact that all tertiary and primary schools are on strike,
  A situation that would have received much out cry and criticism, if he were still a labor leader.

schools affected by the governor's unholy act include;

the Peoples governor? huh? I register my Doubt!

Weren't you the same dude that was abusing people's mother for noticing Oshiomole's gaffes some weeks ago?

Oh. . . nigerians!

Afam:

If Oshiomole cannot resolve the strike in his own state as a governor then it makes perfect sense to state that all the while he was NLC leader he was only blowing hot air or wasting our time.

I wouldn't discredit his work as an activist just because he's doing bad as a leader.
At least Nigerians now know that an activist does not necessarily make a good leader and vice versa.
Re: Oshiomole Paralyses Entire Education System In Edo State! by kosovo(m): 5:45pm On Sep 25, 2009
@nuzo
Weren't you the same dude that was abusing people's mother for noticing Oshiomole's gaffes some weeks ago?

Oh. . . nigerians!
  MODIFIED! no hard feelings
Re: Oshiomole Paralyses Entire Education System In Edo State! by snowdrops(m): 8:20pm On Sep 25, 2009
Kosovo you are a disgrace. You should apologise to every NLs you abused while supporting Oshiomhole. What a waste of space you can be.
Re: Oshiomole Paralyses Entire Education System In Edo State! by kosovo(m): 9:14pm On Sep 25, 2009
@snowdrops
Kosovo you are a disgrace. You should apologise to every NLs you abused while supporting Oshiomhole. What a waste of space you can be.
you troll, is the Education system the entire system in EDO STATE?
if you can tell me the relationship between that thread and this one, i sure will apologize, why won't I, If Sony can apologies, I CAN.
nuff said and done,
  WHAT A WASTE YOU WERE! RETARD angry
Re: Oshiomole Paralyses Entire Education System In Edo State! by Sine1: 8:19am On Sep 26, 2009
Wow look at the people that were behind him as NLC leader, now calling him goat and ole. . . sad.
Re: Oshiomole Paralyses Entire Education System In Edo State! by kosovo(m): 6:20pm On Sep 26, 2009
shocked
Re: Oshiomole Paralyses Entire Education System In Edo State! by Kobojunkie: 6:33pm On Sep 26, 2009
I hate to do this but instead of calling the man a failure now and doing nothing else. Why don't you guys team up and make him know that you are scoring him? I mean he has been in office less than a year and it is obvious, he ain't delivering like he promised to. If the people threaten him with impeachment or something of the sort and give him an ultimatum, he might actually realize he is not going to have it easy if he intends to continue on the same path.
Re: Oshiomole Paralyses Entire Education System In Edo State! by bawomolo(m): 6:42pm On Sep 26, 2009
how do you threaten a governor with impeachment?

there is no recall vote in Nigeria like they have in California.
Re: Oshiomole Paralyses Entire Education System In Edo State! by snowdrops(m): 7:57pm On Sep 26, 2009
@Kosovo
When last did you have your IQ checked. If you were scored over 20 then you need to get a new PSYCHIATRIST.
Your posts are always bereft of ideas. I said it and will say it again, you are a complete waste of space!! A Haemorrhoid.
Re: Oshiomole Paralyses Entire Education System In Edo State! by texazzpete(m): 10:06pm On Sep 26, 2009
snowdrops:

snowdrops:

@Kosovo
When last did you have your IQ checked. If you were scored over 20 then you need to get a new PSYCHIATRIST.
Your posts are always bereft of ideas. I said it and will say it again, you are a complete waste of space!! A Haemorrhoid.

Move on with life already! Every human being is allowed to change his/her mind, to revise previously held beliefs or opinions. Instead of dwelling on the past, focus on the topic at hand!

In my opinion, Oshiomhole hasn't done anything of note to justify the hype or the massive expectation placed on him.
Kobojunkie:

I hate to do this but instead of calling the man a failure now and doing nothing else. Why don't you guys team up and make him know that you are scoring him? I mean he has been in office less than a year and it is obvious, he ain't delivering like he promised to. If the people threaten him with impeachment or something of the sort and give him an ultimatum, he might actually realize he is not going to have it easy if he intends to continue on the same path.

Kobojunkie, that's pretty naive. As someone else pointed out, the people can't impeach him. The best we can do is to vote the sucker out. And believe me, if he goes on like this, he has no prayer of being re-elected.
Re: Oshiomole Paralyses Entire Education System In Edo State! by kosovo(m): 10:16pm On Sep 26, 2009
@texazzpete
Move on with life already! Every human being is allowed to change his/her mind, to revise previously held beliefs or opinions. Instead of dwelling on the past, focus on the topic at hand!

In my opinion, Oshiomhole hasn't done anything of note to justify the hype or the massive expectation placed on him.
Intelligent.
small words, Massive impact,
Re: Oshiomole Paralyses Entire Education System In Edo State! by TheSeeker(m): 10:30pm On Sep 26, 2009
Even when he was still NLC president, do we know what went behind those closed doors? Do we know how much he was offered in bribe to call back workers to their duties? We don't know what's going on in the background. To me, I always have the belief that the set of leaders we have now have an ulterior motive to everything to do. He has been a woeful disappointment since he assumed that office, and I won't be surprised if he's on EFCC's list of corrupt governors.
Re: Oshiomole Paralyses Entire Education System In Edo State! by mustafar1: 11:06pm On Sep 26, 2009
Hahahaha, i thot the general noise was that all governors outside of the PDP are the next best thing after hot ghana bread and butter early in the morning? isnt he from AC, the best political Owambe ever established in nigeria? he has used the money to pay some of his teachers to purchase jeeps for ogbemudia (abi who did he give jeeps to again), due to that ction, he doesnt have enough to pay all of them so rather than pay some and not pay others. he'll rather not pay anyone or give a pay raise to anyone. thus the reason why the strike action lingering this long.
Re: Oshiomole Paralyses Entire Education System In Edo State! by bibiking1(m): 11:08pm On Sep 26, 2009
Well, the dude has made us all sacrificial lambs at the alter of democracy.
Truth be told, a lot of us believed he was going to redeem the state from the incapacitation of the Igbinedion era, unfortunately we have once again shed the blood of hope!
Like i have come to acknowledge in recent weeks, the usefulness of a discourse is measured by its ability to answer the question.,.,.,.,.,.,What is to be done?
Re: Oshiomole Paralyses Entire Education System In Edo State! by Dclique(m): 11:21pm On Sep 26, 2009
Sometimes in life, you take two steps backwards to move 10steps forward.
Re: Oshiomole Paralyses Entire Education System In Edo State! by Kobojunkie: 12:37am On Sep 27, 2009
bawomolo:

how do you threaten a governor with impeachment?

there is no recall vote in Nigeria like they have in California.

If there is none, then maybe it is high time we push for one. This is the reason why a person like Yar adua was able to stay as governor for 8 solid years doing next to nothing. Considering we are still on the same Nigeria, where Yar adua is likely to get a second term, It is likely Oshiomole will get  reelected for a second term, even at this rate.

By the way, say one wanted to push for such a change, how does one go about doing that in Nigeria? Is it straight forward or as crooked as most everything else seems to be?
Re: Oshiomole Paralyses Entire Education System In Edo State! by bawomolo(m): 12:51am On Sep 27, 2009
Kobojunkie:

If there is none, then maybe it is high time we push for one. This is the reason why a person like Yar adua was able to stay as governor for 8 solid years doing next to nothing. Considering we are still on the same Nigeria, where Yar adua is likely to get a second term, It is likely Oshiomole will get  reelected for a second term, even at this rate.

By the way, say one wanted to push for such a change, how does one go about doing that in Nigeria? Is it straight forward or as crooked as most everything else seems to be?

voting in elections is the biggest way and hounding state legislatures.

I doubt he would get reelected if he continues on this path. He has being a huge disappointment so far.
Re: Oshiomole Paralyses Entire Education System In Edo State! by Kobojunkie: 1:22am On Sep 27, 2009
bawomolo:

I doubt he would get reelected if he continues on this path. He has being a huge disappointment so far.

We have seen worse get "voted" in for consecutive terms. Not sure how this one will bbe any different from the others considering there are those who believe the man is the best thing to happen to Edo. I have a friend who feels that way.
Re: Oshiomole Paralyses Entire Education System In Edo State! by Gamine(f): 1:27am On Sep 27, 2009
The House has ruled out e-voting,
So we will be back to square one at the next elections
if drastic measures arent taken.

This Oshio guy, many saw through him from the beginning
but who is better?
Re: Oshiomole Paralyses Entire Education System In Edo State! by snapshot: 1:58am On Sep 27, 2009
Dclique:

Sometimes in life, you take two steps backwards to move 10steps forward.
In this case Oshiomole has taken 10steps backward to take 2 forward.he is woeful as a gov.I think he should resign as gov. and turn to public speaking,the guy is a good speaker.You know talk is cheap.
Re: Oshiomole Paralyses Entire Education System In Edo State! by mustafar1: 3:08am On Sep 27, 2009
Comrade Governor won't get re-elected. He might be the first Gov to get impeached by the state assembly for non performance as opposed to the other reasons they have impeached for in the past.

PS: how is governor Mimiko doing in his state? Anyone know?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Lekki Deep Sea Port, Approved. Largest Of Its Kind In Sub-saharan Africa- / China Spent $25B For 22,000MW And Nigeria $35B For 2500MW / Igbos Leave Lagos, Others: Come Back And Build Your State.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.