Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,839 members, 7,810,231 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:13 AM

Why Don't Passengers At The Back Seat Use Seatbelts? - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Why Don't Passengers At The Back Seat Use Seatbelts? (13703 Views)

2018 Lexus RX L Released With Third Row Seat (photos) / You'll Never Forget To Use Your Seatbelt Even In The Back Seat After Seeing This / Why Don't Car Dealers Import Diesel-powered Cars To Nigerians? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Don't Passengers At The Back Seat Use Seatbelts? by loomer: 9:28am On Oct 21, 2016
LadyMercedes:
Yesterday, I was driving, with my friend riding shotgun. We were stopped by a Lastma official. He told my friend "Oga, why you no wear seatbelt? If you no like am, then go sit for back."

After he made that statement, I realised I've NEVER seen anyone, sitting in the back seats, wearing a seatbelt.

Let's remember the Late Ocholi, and his family, Rest their souls. Anything could happen. Accidents don't affect ONLY the driver and the passenger beside him/her. What baffled me was the statement this Lastma Officer made.

Car manufacturers aren't stup!d. The seatbelts are there for a reason - SAFETY. Let's try to imbibe the habit of using our seatbelts, irrespective of where we sit, in a vehicle.

Happy Sunday.

The main question for be whether dem dey even teach our road safety officials all these rules not to talk of lasma.

If no, how we expect drivers and passengers to sabi the effects of seatbelt?

1 Like

Re: Why Don't Passengers At The Back Seat Use Seatbelts? by Nobody: 9:54am On Oct 21, 2016
INDUSTRIALFAN:
LMAO..... AN ML? SCRAPED?? Damn the seller was a cold mofo.... grin mine hasn't gotten that bad yet o.... lol... every time I go to the Mech, I try to convince myself that others are facing the same and that my car is the best thing on the road grin
it wasn't all that bad, only it was not up to my taste besides i was so disappointed considering how much i paid for it, in anger i srcapped the whole thing. grin grin. i was inexperienced in acquiring vehicles at the time.
Re: Why Don't Passengers At The Back Seat Use Seatbelts? by Nobody: 9:58am On Oct 21, 2016
Originalsly:
Internationally... wearing seat belt is a must for front seat.... back seat it's optional... not against the law. Like someone said earlier... front seat passengers are wayyy more at risk.... the same reason for air bags for front passenger and driver only.
Are you joking or what? Internationally?
The guys at the back not wearing seat belts constitute greater danger to those in the front than the accident itself does if those in front are wearing seatbelts. So, please always strap yourselves in.
Re: Why Don't Passengers At The Back Seat Use Seatbelts? by INDUSTRIALFAN(m): 10:03am On Oct 21, 2016
gypsey:
it wasn't all that bad, only it was not up to my taste besides i was so disappointed considering how much i paid for it, in anger i srcapped the whole thing. grin grin. i was inexperienced in acquiring vehicles at the time.
Anyways sha, I have fallen hard now so I know what to look out for next time... in fact, I don't care how much will be spent, next time m buying, myself and the owner will be going to a car service center of my choice to look up the entire car.
Re: Why Don't Passengers At The Back Seat Use Seatbelts? by Nobody: 10:08am On Oct 21, 2016
INDUSTRIALFAN:
Anyways sha, I have fallen hard now so I know what to look out for next time... in fact, I don't care how much will be spent, next time m buying, myself and the owner will be going to a car service center of my choice to look up the entire car.
yep! this days i just go to a dealers show room, if any thing goes wrong i just take the car straight back for a refund or pick another car. ciao! grin
Re: Why Don't Passengers At The Back Seat Use Seatbelts? by nobsalis: 10:30am On Oct 21, 2016
YorubaStinks:
I know you still drive a 1967 Volkswagen bettle

I have an advice for you

Save up some money and buy a 2016 car and stop displaying your ignorance on Nairaland

I have friends and families who drives older car models and they won't move if you don't strap your seat belts even if you are sitting on the car roof

1. You can get a ticket for it
2. If you get involved in an accident and your passengers die, your ass will be in jail for manslaughter

I drive a 2017 Range Rover evoque, it won't move if your passengers doesn't engage their seat belts, if you don't have passengers, it will move the car is so smart

chai.... You can lie for Africa sha:
shey na only u get Range for 9ja??
Re: Why Don't Passengers At The Back Seat Use Seatbelts? by Peace2love: 10:53am On Oct 21, 2016
Four (4) people at the back of a Taxi, how do you expect them to wear the seat belt that is meant for two people only.
Re: Why Don't Passengers At The Back Seat Use Seatbelts? by INDUSTRIALFAN(m): 11:04am On Oct 21, 2016
gypsey:
yep! this days i just go to a dealers show room, if any thing goes wrong i just take the car straight back for a refund or pick another car. ciao! grin
Nice... seems AMA fall in this line.... that's the surest way to go..
Re: Why Don't Passengers At The Back Seat Use Seatbelts? by Originalsly: 11:08am On Oct 21, 2016
gustalnov:

Are you joking or what? Internationally?
The guys at the back not wearing seat belts constitute greater danger to those in the front than the accident itself does if those in front are wearing seatbelts. So, please always strap yourselves in.
Really?.... defend your statement ... tell us how...we're here to learn.
Re: Why Don't Passengers At The Back Seat Use Seatbelts? by khalidx: 11:09am On Oct 21, 2016
GindoX:

Taaar! Meshunno! NA werin the bros see for Cable (Future Cars) grin
lol
Re: Why Don't Passengers At The Back Seat Use Seatbelts? by Originalsly: 11:16am On Oct 21, 2016
Bjergtrolde:

I am not sure that is entirely correct. The UK used to have what was called a seat belt exemption certificate. The last time I spoke with the medical defense union about it I was told never to sign. The reasons were 1) The worst case scenario of not wearing one far outweighs that of wearing one 2) In the event of a collision, the back seat passenger, not wearing a seat belt, can be thrown forward hitting and taking out the front seat passengers. Then the relatives of the front seat passenger can sue ...

It is true though that with regards to a collision, the front seat is at greater risk
You are not sure. Not signing the certificate supports the need for front seat passengers to wear seat belts. And how would the back seat passenger not wear a seat belt really endanger the front seat passenger? He would need to get past the front seat.
Re: Why Don't Passengers At The Back Seat Use Seatbelts? by YorubaStinks: 11:34am On Oct 21, 2016
gypsey:
were do you live? and how did you know there are only 50 owners? are you sure? have you met all the 50 onwers to attest to the rhetoric? don't believe every thing you read or told grin

I live somewhere in the USA

You can know how many owners of a particular car, what you need to do is to go to your car dealership or the manufacturer

I drive custom made, and I'm a car head
Re: Why Don't Passengers At The Back Seat Use Seatbelts? by Originalsly: 11:45am On Oct 21, 2016
ZIMDRILL:

do you know the meaning of international law ?

'a body of rules established by custom or treaty and recognized by nations as binding in their relations with one another'

wearing seat belts is part of road safety laws that are constituted by each individual country road and highway rules, hence they differ country to country eg in UK every child below 12 years old or 135cm tall must be child seat or boster seat, whereas in In some European countries this height limit is 150cm.
Bro.... internationally does not mean international law. Internationally in this context means countries on their own have adapted the front seat belt law. Internationally... when in public citizens are required by law to cover their privates.Thats not International Law but a law practiced internationally (by most countries). International Law is set by a world body...the UN.
Re: Why Don't Passengers At The Back Seat Use Seatbelts? by Nobody: 11:56am On Oct 21, 2016
YorubaStinks:

I live somewhere in the USA

You can know how many owners of a particular car, what you need to do is to go to your car dealership or the manufacturer

I drive custom made, and I'm a car head
right! okay,
you mean a petrol head, that's what we call it here in london, me too, i love cars grin if only i could afford them i would full me garage with diifferent kinda cars.
Re: Why Don't Passengers At The Back Seat Use Seatbelts? by osculatedon(m): 1:30pm On Oct 21, 2016
ONLY HIGH ROOF TOYOTA HIACE THAT HAS SEAT BELT AT THE BACK SEATS
Re: Why Don't Passengers At The Back Seat Use Seatbelts? by MarshalABS: 1:53pm On Oct 21, 2016
I alwayz 1da.
Re: Why Don't Passengers At The Back Seat Use Seatbelts? by oaroloye(m): 2:58pm On Oct 21, 2016
I saw a video advert explaining road safety, in which there were like five friends in a car, and this girl, seated in the middle of the back seat, was the only one in the back wearing her seatbelt.

During the accident, we were shown how the girl was totally unaffected by the impact of the vehicles. Her companions, though, were flung like volleyballs.

However...

They hit the front seats, and rebounded, and bashed the girl, and rebounded, and hit the seats again and rebounded- basically crushed this poor girl into "POUNDO MAN."

It was more horrifying than most "Horror Movies."

It seems the girl did everything she was expected to do- but died anyway. She even "Cushioned the Impact" for those illegitimate boys.

Therefore, every seatbelt needs to be used, and applied properly. I saw a Medical Book that had photographs (i.e. NOT "THEORY,") showing INJURIES CAUSED BY SEATBELTS.

If it is not applied properly, the seatbelt can act as a GUILLOTINE- so that, one might not be half the person they used to be, before the accident. (Sorry about that.)

1 Like

Re: Why Don't Passengers At The Back Seat Use Seatbelts? by Emeritusseun(m): 3:15pm On Oct 21, 2016
YorubaStinks:

I have a total of 20 airbags in my car

I know you haven't seen a 2017 Range Rover evoque
sure...i havent....but it antagonises logic if u claim ur car has 20airbags fitted in it,..i wondet if u car na molue..,.lolz....
Re: Why Don't Passengers At The Back Seat Use Seatbelts? by Emeritusseun(m): 3:38pm On Oct 21, 2016
YorubaStinks:

I have a total of 20 airbags in my car

I know you haven't seen a 2017 Range Rover evoque

some can lie for d continent!....i gve up on u bro....well,,.am happy u dat u are one of d fifty ppl dat has a range rover 2017....happy married life oo.......igbo and lies are like cadavers and anatomists......lolzzz..
Re: Why Don't Passengers At The Back Seat Use Seatbelts? by Nobody: 9:00am On Oct 22, 2016
Originalsly:
Really?.... defend your statement ... tell us how...we're here to learn.

Please have a look at this short video

[flash]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Xjg99JCYdM[/flash]
Re: Why Don't Passengers At The Back Seat Use Seatbelts? by Originalsly: 9:12am On Oct 22, 2016
gustalnov:

Please have a look at this short video

[flash]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Xjg99JCYdM[/flash]
Bro... is this the video you really want to show me?.... to support your claim that someone sitting in the backseat without a seat belt is a greater danger to someone sitting in the front seat with a seat belt than the accident itself? Really?
But thanks for the video...what it does show is the importance of wearing seatbelts at all times....whether it is the law or not.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Innoson Motors To Partner With Defence Industry Corporation Of Nigeria, DICON / Watch GM Korea Employees Storm And Destroy CEO's Office After Bonuses Cut / My W204 C350 Build.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.