Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,133 members, 7,818,401 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:28 PM

Ebonyi People Kill Python In Anambra - PICS - Science/Technology (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Ebonyi People Kill Python In Anambra - PICS (67262 Views)

Ihere-serg Mascot From Ebonyi Assembles A Car, Presents It To Umahi (Pics) / Young Hunters Kill A Python In A Bush (Photos) / 'Helicopter' Manufactured By Two Boys In Anambra State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ebonyi People Kill Python In Anambra - PICS by Baroba(m): 4:19pm On Aug 14, 2016
itswell1:

Now you see why alaibo cannot smell aso rock. Even amongst dem dem no cooperation

The division is real, some Ndigbo feel superior towards others, I don't want spark of another debate, but its a big big issue and a sensitive one at that.. I still remember one clown calling Enugu people derogatory names ( Ori okpas and lazy folks) on this forum..

There is nothing sacred about Eke Ogba( Python) but if this belief means people will leave this beautiful magnificent animals alone, then am all for it..

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ebonyi People Kill Python In Anambra - PICS by Nobody: 4:21pm On Aug 14, 2016
Traditional belief is traditional.
Even Western Cultures has one.
Re: Ebonyi People Kill Python In Anambra - PICS by munalight(f): 4:23pm On Aug 14, 2016
cornel994:
Any Jan 22nd born here

Yes
Re: Ebonyi People Kill Python In Anambra - PICS by dragonking3: 4:24pm On Aug 14, 2016
murphyibiam15:

Ebonyi no de be tribalist state..na those anambra drug pushers be tribalists..

sometimes i wish if Ebonyi is joined with south south geopolitical zone since Ebonyi has large boundary with cross River....living in the same zone with these ed!ots called ndi anambra sucks
You are actually right. I have some ebonyi friends and they mind their business, easy going and are contended with whatever life gives them. They are not too much money-conscious like the rest, maybe thats why they are being castigated by the rest igbos. This isnt fair.. I feel your pain bro.

4 Likes

Re: Ebonyi People Kill Python In Anambra - PICS by Sirwallace(m): 4:26pm On Aug 14, 2016
If in this 21st century, people in this part of the world still think like this, then I fear for their unborn generation. What a stupid superstitious belief.

And a whole lot of them still argue about it.
Bunch of illiterates ignoramus.

2 Likes

Re: Ebonyi People Kill Python In Anambra - PICS by Nobody: 4:26pm On Aug 14, 2016
murphyibiam15:

same reason Ebonyi people detest B!afra to the core
Anmabra people are the worst tribalist and always filled with hate once u are not from their place..

thank God for Nigeria and i pray God keeps Nigeria and makes it prosper.
and one thing they dont know is that 'hate is mutual'

imagine them comparing life of a snake to a human being in this 21st century and claiming rights on top of it...imagine it was another state u will see all their online ediots coming to make some noise

ugu exporters cum drug dealers/indonesians always filled with hate
Afonja we don hear u naw shift and stop splashing smelling ewedu brown roof spit all over the thread

2 Likes

Re: Ebonyi People Kill Python In Anambra - PICS by RickyTan: 4:26pm On Aug 14, 2016
MinorityTribe:
The whole of the South east is just roughy the size of Niger state yet they are so divided. How?

See this Yaliba afonja hater and attention seeker attacking Igbos.
FYI - Divide and rule is dead
SO just face your master and leave the East alone
FYI Igboland is much bigger than your SE geopolitical zone
And when you have a tribe that is 50 million strong you are bound to have diversity - that is NOT division.

Igbo Amaka
Igbo Kwenu

5 Likes

Re: Ebonyi People Kill Python In Anambra - PICS by ZUBY77(m): 4:26pm On Aug 14, 2016
malikombi:
Same thing in awgu LGA in Enugu.
You dare not kill 'em big black shining snakes......
Between, let's migrate to FP...............

It's exclusive to a community or two, not the entire Awgu LGA
Re: Ebonyi People Kill Python In Anambra - PICS by donifez(m): 4:27pm On Aug 14, 2016
This is what I read in my village history book. We don't kill python because they are the messengers of Idemili goddess.
A hunter was out hunting with his dog, when his dog started barking at something unseen. The hunter followed the dog, reaching there, he saw a very beautiful woman surrounded by snakes, she told him she was the goddess of the land and deserved to be worshipped by the people. She also pronounced that they should not kill pythons for they are her messengers and also dogs(since they brought her to the notice of men). The goddess idemili is the mother of the goddess Edo of Nnewi.

1 Like

Re: Ebonyi People Kill Python In Anambra - PICS by murphyibiam15(m): 4:28pm On Aug 14, 2016
ANAMBRA11:
Afonja we don hear u naw shift and stop splashing smelling ewedu brown roof spit all over the thread
Am from Afikpo-South LGA of Ebonyi State.....leave Yorubas out of your tribalistic and hate filled bilious heart

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ebonyi People Kill Python In Anambra - PICS by bamdexfarms(m): 4:30pm On Aug 14, 2016
who said a civil war within Biafra won't happen when the abakalikis are now 'foreigners' in anambra?

2 Likes

Re: Ebonyi People Kill Python In Anambra - PICS by Nobody: 4:31pm On Aug 14, 2016
Ex govenors don't favor, I will like someone else, not an ex gov

alberson:
Donald Duke for president.....
Re: Ebonyi People Kill Python In Anambra - PICS by Nobody: 4:32pm On Aug 14, 2016
murphyibiam15:

Am from Afikpo-South LGA of Ebonyi State.....leave Yorubas out of your tribalistic and hate filled bilious heart
if u are from afikpo then I am a tarok man from langtang lga in plateau state

1 Like

Re: Ebonyi People Kill Python In Anambra - PICS by Awoofawo(m): 4:33pm On Aug 14, 2016
Just shaking my head...............................................................................................................

What's the matter with our Igbo bros, an Igbo man calling another stranger in his own cultural and political region, gosh these folks dey fantastically fumble when it matter most. cool

2 Likes

Re: Ebonyi People Kill Python In Anambra - PICS by Chinom(m): 4:34pm On Aug 14, 2016
I don't know why some of you 'dimwits' fall for the tricks of some 'Ndi Ofe' mods here. The mod decided to use the word "Foreigners" to describe Ebonyi Igbos just to get some dumb Igbos to attack each other. And some of you guys fell for it.
The original post simply says "Ebonyi people kill Python in Anambra"

Ebonyi people are not Foreigners in Anambra state. As for the killing and eating of a Python, there will be no consequence. It's nothing but superstition.

4 Likes

Re: Ebonyi People Kill Python In Anambra - PICS by kelechi50: 4:36pm On Aug 14, 2016
OgaDA7:
WORKS FOR ALL NETWORK AND ALL DEVICE {4gb for 1000,  5GB for #1200,  7.5GB for #1,500,  10GB for #2,000‎ ‎ add us on whatsApp /‎ BBM bellow.
fellow nl don't mind this guy na 419 scams I was once they victim

1 Like

Re: Ebonyi People Kill Python In Anambra - PICS by flokii: 4:41pm On Aug 14, 2016
Nawa o.. I no even know whether to shake head or laff out loud

I just weak for una matter angry

1 Like

Re: Ebonyi People Kill Python In Anambra - PICS by Nobody: 4:41pm On Aug 14, 2016
Awoofawo:
Just shaking my head...............................................................................................................

What's the matter with our Igbo bros, an Igbo man calling another stranger in his own cultural and political region, gosh these folks dey fantastically fumble when it matter most. cool
nobody called ndi ebonyi strangers,the only people that did that is the afonjas and the afonja mod that change the title of the thread u could see how ndi igbo converse and made fun of the situation on facebook

2 Likes

Re: Ebonyi People Kill Python In Anambra - PICS by Nobody: 4:41pm On Aug 14, 2016
hannyjay:
Wen two flat head meet wat is d result

No head!!!!

7 Likes

Re: Ebonyi People Kill Python In Anambra - PICS by Iceberg3: 4:46pm On Aug 14, 2016
Buhari sef,thats an endangered python,impeach the grammy award dullarpo
Re: Ebonyi People Kill Python In Anambra - PICS by Baroba(m): 4:46pm On Aug 14, 2016
murphyibiam15:

same reason Ebonyi people detest B!afra to the core
Anmabra people are the worst tribalist and always filled with hate once u are not from their place..

thank God for Nigeria and i pray God keeps Nigeria and makes it prosper.
and one thing they dont know is that 'hate is mutual'

imagine them comparing life of a snake to a human being in this 21st century and claiming rights on top of it...imagine it was another state u will see all their online ediots coming to make some noise

ugu exporters cum drug dealers/indonesians always filled with hate

Nwanne calm down, we can only address this issue as a people.. I said it will only take one topic one day and the sparks will start flying..

We just need to educate ourselves a bit more, My advice to Ebonyi folks; friends BTW, I meet where I stay, is to start helping educate there kit and kin back home.. Ebonyi indigenes must move beyond been seen as providing cheap labourers to other parts of Igboland..its not uncommon to hear phrases such as " ndi Ebonyi na agba Okada" in Igboland ( no offence meant, just emphasising my point)

I can literally tell you stereotypes associated with all parts of Igbo land but what purpose does it serve, it fuels more division.. Our leaders are not doing anything to address this sad to say... Ebonyi Jookwa!!..

THE KILLING OF PYTHONS MUST STOP IN NIGERIA, THEY ARE NOT EVEN VENOMOUS.. angry

3 Likes

Re: Ebonyi People Kill Python In Anambra - PICS by highwaist: 4:48pm On Aug 14, 2016
NigerianSHA:
Superstitious people have a special way of irritating my intellect...That one human dies is Candid Bullshít...Sooo the gods that kill the humans have a territory, if I kill a python in Anambra, I will die in Anambra unless I flee to Somalia?

If I kill a python in Canada, then I am free from the wrath of your "gods". If the said gods existed Don't they love power? Why do they choose to operate in Anambra alone, why can't they kill People that kill pythons all over the world if they care soo much for the pythons.

If you ask me, the ancestors came up with these hoax to protect the Animals...Bless their Thoughts.

nigerian no dey rest,they wiill work till death,after death the will continue working as ancestor

2 Likes

Re: Ebonyi People Kill Python In Anambra - PICS by NwaEzefuNaMba(m): 4:51pm On Aug 14, 2016
northvietnam:
some people might neglect it but this is just the truth.
my place we dont kill green snakes, if u eventually do, its either yoi giv it a befitting burial or u face the calamity that comes with it

i could remember my childhood days when we visit for xmas, if we go swimming they do play with snakes, putting it on ur neck, throwing it at some one one putting it inside ur panties and it will crawl out..

make no mistakes, it do bite foreigners ....

Okposi in Ebonyi State?
Re: Ebonyi People Kill Python In Anambra - PICS by Sabmillerguy: 4:51pm On Aug 14, 2016
I want to believe this particular snake is edible,so why the fuss
Re: Ebonyi People Kill Python In Anambra - PICS by Jarexxx(m): 4:52pm On Aug 14, 2016
If Adam and Eve were nigerians, they would surely eat the snake instead of the fruit
Re: Ebonyi People Kill Python In Anambra - PICS by morganwizzy55(m): 4:54pm On Aug 14, 2016
Python na domestic animal, abeg who get the ans.. I don't eat snake but if anyone kill snake around me, I giv the person kudos. One snake bite can lead u to the grave.
Re: Ebonyi People Kill Python In Anambra - PICS by chiraqDemon(m): 4:54pm On Aug 14, 2016
Why snake threads must always make fp??
(Praying i wont be banned)
Re: Ebonyi People Kill Python In Anambra - PICS by victorazy(m): 4:57pm On Aug 14, 2016
NigerianSHA:
Superstitious people have a special way of irritating my intellect...That one human dies is Candid Bullshít...Sooo the gods that kill the humans have a territory, if I kill a python in Anambra, I will die in Anambra unless I flee to Somalia?

If I kill a python in Canada, then I am free from the wrath of your "gods". If the said gods existed Don't they love power? Why do they choose to operate in Anambra alone, why can't they kill People that kill pythons all over the world if they care soo much for the pythons.

If you ask me, the ancestors came up with these hoax to protect the Animals...Bless their Thoughts.

Common man.
Don't u know that just as human have territory so is in spiritual world.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Wechat Sign Up/create Account, Sign In, Dowdload Wechat, Www.wechat.com / Escaped Kano Lion Eats Ostrich As Zookeepers Mull Killing Animal (video) / 'Albino Turtle': Yellow Turtle In India (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.