Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,837 members, 7,855,488 topics. Date: Sunday, 09 June 2024 at 10:50 PM

Why Do Missionaries Go To Mission Fields With Medical Drugs ? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do Missionaries Go To Mission Fields With Medical Drugs ? (532 Views)

Bishop Simeon Okah Bans Members Without PVC From Flock Of Christ Mission, Warri / Bishop Alexander Ezeugo Ekewuba Is Dead! (Overcomers Christian Mission Owerri) / Top Countries Sending And Receiving Christian Missionaries (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Missionaries Go To Mission Fields With Medical Drugs ? by Nobody: 12:49pm On Aug 14, 2016
Missionaries are going into ' darkness' to save souls... One of the missions is to heal the sick and cure the ill of the diseases...

Why should someone that is going to heal people take mere man made drugs with him to heal him incase he falls sick ?
Re: Why Do Missionaries Go To Mission Fields With Medical Drugs ? by Genesis2000(m): 2:48pm On Aug 14, 2016
The bible says thou shall not temt the Lord thy God.

A man intentionally enter a deem of lion here in Nigeria a pastor to be precise, to flex musle but you know the rest of the story.

God can not do for you what you can do for yourself.

Many people have died because of these. Me i called it stupidity.

All the leaves you see in the garden were given for one medication to another. Remember that food is also a medicine.

Do you have food at home and still be looking for a miracle food to fall from heaven? This has been the problem of man since decade.

Now let take a look about some of the miracles done by Jesus recorded in the bible. Just a few of them because of time and space.

The woman with the issue of blood, this woman have been in that predicament since 12 years until she met Jesus and the story was different. She got her healing right?

Are you saying that woman had not try her best by visiting from one medical centre and the others looking for solution?

The blind bathemos. Hope you know how he got his healing? Remember he was blind from birth. His parent say so. And he also confirmed it himself.

Healing the leppers, turning water to wind and feeding five thousand people with five loaves and two fishes. Lets i forget, remember he raised the death.

Now tell me which of these miracle is a common one? Which of these miracles did Jesus did in other to flex musle?

So why would i start bounding and lossing of something such as malaria and headache when i have the medications with me
Does it make any sense?
Re: Why Do Missionaries Go To Mission Fields With Medical Drugs ? by shuggah(m): 2:54pm On Aug 14, 2016
Genesis2000:

A man intentionally enter a deem of lion here in Nigeria a pastor to be precise, to flex musle but you know the rest of the story.

All the leaves you see in the garden were given for one medication to another. Remember that food is also a medicine.

Do you have food at home and still be looking for a miracle food to fall from heaven? This has been the problem of man since decade.

Now let take a look about some of the miracles done by Jesus recorded in the bible. Just a few of them because of time and space.

The woman with the issue of blood, this woman have been in that predicament since 12 years until she met Jesus and the story was different. She got her healing right?

Are you saying that woman had not try her best by visiting from one medical centre and the others looking for solution?

The blind bathemos. Hope you know how he got his healing? Remember he was blind from birth. His parent say so. And he also confirmed it himself.

Healing the leppers, turning water to wind and feeding five thousand people with five loaves and two fishes. Lets i forget, remember he raised the death.

Now tell me which of these miracle is a common one? Which of these miracles did Jesus did in other to flex musle?

So why would i start bounding and lossing of something such as malaria and headache when i have the medications with me
Does it make any sense?
you will live long.
Re: Why Do Missionaries Go To Mission Fields With Medical Drugs ? by Genesis2000(m): 3:24pm On Aug 14, 2016
shuggah:
you will live long.
Amen. And you too.
Thank you.
Re: Why Do Missionaries Go To Mission Fields With Medical Drugs ? by analice107: 8:17pm On Aug 14, 2016
Genesis2000:

Does it make any sense?

Yes, God will not(not that he can not, but will not) do for us what he has put in our power to do for ourselves. If you hungry cook food and eat, dont pray for a miracle of a plate of rice to materializing from no where for you. If you are sick and your faith can't carry you, drink meds. For some us, we don't drink meds, not because drinking meds is wrong, but we are exercising our sonship.

I agree with u op
Re: Why Do Missionaries Go To Mission Fields With Medical Drugs ? by Genesis2000(m): 11:05pm On Aug 14, 2016
analice107:

Yes, God will not(not that he can not, but will not) do for us what he has put in our power to do for ourselves. If you hungry cook food and eat, dont pray for a miracle of a plate of rice to materializing from no where for you. If you are sick and your faith can't carry you, drink meds. For some us, we don't drink meds, not because drinking meds is wrong, but we are exercising our sonship.

I agree with u op

Yes it is good to exercise faith when necessary and nobody is disputing that. But we must not put God to test.

We actually have a little problem in this side of the world.

Do you know the number of people who dies in Africa is higher than the ones in the western countries, you knows our mortality rate.

Majority of the dead that ocured in this country is caused either by carelessness, ignorance and foolishness.

Satan told Jesus to jump from a very high pinnacle. That it is written that God shall give his engels charge over him, lest he dash his foot against a stone.

Actually this was written in psalm 91.

But did Jesus heeds to that advice

But if peradventure he fell unknownly, then that scripture will be fulfiled immediately.

My parents are still in the village
nobody prays more than my mother but each time she called me she always remind me to send her the drugs i always send to her. Infact they appreciate those drugs more than money.

If you had an old people at home pls buy some variety of drugs and send to them, i bet you, they will never forget you.

Christ came for the poor and not for the rich, for the sick and not for the healthy.

Can you tell me any healing or miracle that Jesus did that is ordinary or common?

Even when Lazarus died, Jesus did not go that same day even when he was informed, why? Because people might want to still doubt it , weather he has truly died or not so for that reason he has to still wait for more days to cleared any form of doubt that may arises.

You see we are not wrestling against flesh and blood, but principalities and power. The weapon of our warfare is not canal.... But mighty pulling down every strong hold...

Concussion: most of all these sicknesses and diseases you see today are demonic. They re not ordinary.
so you must apply both physical and spiritual means available to you, for such you can exercise your faith.

But why should i be praying about a headache when i can easily drink panasitamol or fensic to kick it off.

But if i have try my medications and nothing is changing, then it is their i can now begin to pray against any manipulation of the enemy against my head. All these i have tried and they all work for me.

So the missionaries who came to our villages with drugs have never make any mistake, infact i can call it wisdom. And believe me they have saves lots of souls by giving them drugs.

Remain blessed.
Re: Why Do Missionaries Go To Mission Fields With Medical Drugs ? by analice107: 10:37am On Aug 15, 2016
Genesis2000:

Yes it is good to exercise faith when necessary and nobody is disputing that. But we must not put God to test.

We actually have a little problem in this side of the world.

Do you know the number of people who dies in Africa is higher than the ones in the western countries, you knows our mortality rate.

Majority of the dead that ocured in this country is caused either by carelessness, ignorance and foolishness.

Satan told Jesus to jump from a very high pinnacle. That it is written that God shall give his engels charge over him, lest he dash his foot against a stone.

Actually this was written in psalm 91.

But did Jesus heeds to that advice

But if peradventure he fell unknownly, then that scripture will be fulfiled immediately.

My parents are still in the village
nobody prays more than my mother but each time she called me she always remind me to send her the drugs i always send to her. Infact they appreciate those drugs more than money.

If you had an old people at home pls buy some variety of drugs and send to them, i bet you, they will never forget you.

Christ came for the poor and not for the rich, for the sick and not for the healthy.

Can you tell me any healing or miracle that Jesus did that is ordinary or common?

Even when Lazarus died, Jesus did not go that same day even when he was informed, why? Because people might want to still doubt it , weather he has truly died or not so for that reason he has to still wait for more days to cleared any form of doubt that may arises.

You see we are not wrestling against flesh and blood, but principalities and power. The weapon of our warfare is not canal.... But mighty pulling down every strong hold...

Concussion: most of all these sicknesses and diseases you see today are demonic. They re not ordinary.
so you must apply both physical and spiritual means available to you, for such you can exercise your faith.

But why should i be praying about a headache when i can easily drink panasitamol or fensic to kick it off.

But if i have try my medications and nothing is changing, then it is their i can now begin to pray against any manipulation of the enemy against my head. All these i have tried and they all work for me.

So the missionaries who came to our villages with drugs have never make any mistake, infact i can call it wisdom. And believe me they have saves lots of souls by giving them drugs.

Remain blessed.
Good Morning Child of God.
I will agree with you on all counts. Me not taking drugs is based on a revelation I had as to who I am and the understanding that every affliction is a spirit.
Let me explain, from this other angle. The amount of power required for God to heal headache is the same amount of power required to heal HIV and Cancer, not different at all. The Holy Spirit is not in measures.

If I can have Him heal me of Candida which plagued me for years, then I believed he could heal me of any other affliction. It's not tempting God, it's not carelessness on my part. It's actually exercising my BELIEVERS AUTHORITY.

Putting God's Words and Promises to test. If you don't put it to work, you'll never know if God's promises are true.

Before I joined Living Faith (Their Faith is indeed Alive, because I have been a believer for long before God led me there, "yes God led me there", I had been hearing faith, believing and acting in faith, but I never did try it as I did when I started going there, listening and doing).

They have a way of charging you up and pushing you to bring your Faith alive.

First, I got angry in the Spirit that the spirit of Candida (I call it that, because it wasn't just a matter of me using a dirty toilet. It became a matter of any toilet at all, no matter how clean it is, so long as it's outside of my house it will come).

I was constantly on treatment because, I had to work and use the toilet at work. So, I was on Meds steady.
That spirit took advantage of me.
Then I started Living Faith, the whole of that Month the teaching was on the Believers Authority, and how the The Holy Spirit helps us over come challenges that gives us concern.

I started paying my Tithe, tying my money into it. No more devourer stealing my money in form of drugs.

One day, on a Monday morning, the Sunday message was burning in me, I walked to the toilet at work, and spoke to it, then spoke to my body.

This is what I said " You toilet have tormented me enough, and it ends today. I will sit on you as long as I want, I will no longer pour bleach on you before using you, and you'll never afflict me anymore" .

I then turned to my body and said, " My name is Ana, I am my mind, you are a part in me, am not a part in you. You do not control me, my mind does. So, from this day Henceforth, I will use any kind of toilet I see. I mean any kind and anywhere.

If I find myself in a community where it's only pit toilet they have, I will use it comfortably, you will never ever come out of there with any infection, this i declare to you in Jesus Name. Amen.

I used the toilet without pouring bleach in it as I did before. From that day till as I speak to you. I threw away the Meds with me. Till TODAY, no more toilet infection. This was in 2012.

What so ever the Lord does is for ever. And so it has been.

When that happened, I then knew I could exercise my believers authority in other areas of my life. I then moved to kicking out ANY kind of sickness. It's been 2yrs straight since I went off drugs completely. No vitamin C, no Para.

Nothing. That doesn't mean, I don't get sick. When I feel strong, I speak to it, believing the Holy Spirit has got me, get my mind off it, and continue with what I have to do. And that's it.
If you don't do it, you can never know God works.

Our Lord Jesus was in the boat with the Apostles, He fell asleep. But was still there. The storm rose, threatening to tumble over the boat. He was asleep. The Apostle had Power with them, but didn't use it. He was asleep. Until he was woken up, When he did, he only spoke to the wind, nothing else, and the wind ceased. If they didn't, the wind will disgrace them, even with the power in them.

That's the case of some Believers today. The Holy Spirit is resident in them, yet sickness is tormenting them, they are malleable in the hands of Satan. As he wants, that's how he stretches them. It shouldn't be so.

Being a believer shd not be by going to church and holding positions only. ACT OUT THE WORD. that's what it means to be a believer. As a matter of fact, you should put God to test. But don't try that if you don't know him and him you.

Am still not against drugs. Days ago, a neighbour was strong, needed some cash to buy drugs, I first gave him communion then gave him the money. I have done my part, but am not him.

By my understanding, the body and blood of Jesus is the most Potent medication in the world. I take it, and off I go.
Shalom.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Don't Follow Me, I'm Lost Too! / 75 Biblical Reasons Why You Should Not Drink Alcohol / Confession Of An Islamic Scholar

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.