Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,525 members, 7,819,893 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:21 AM

Shocking: See What Nigeria Security Agents Did To This Deaf Man. - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Shocking: See What Nigeria Security Agents Did To This Deaf Man. (1888 Views)

Notorious Gunrunner Arrested By Security Agents After Months Of Manhunt. Photos / Security Agents Including A Lady Gun Down Notorious Kidnappers In Imo. Photos / Militants Offer To Lead Security Agents To Tompolo's Hideout (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Shocking: See What Nigeria Security Agents Did To This Deaf Man. by sonya4all(m): 2:12pm On Aug 14, 2016
Yesterday night on my way to get something to eat at a canteen around my area, close to the code of conduct tribunal in Jabi, i saw many people running here and there and because i dont know whats going on i decided to run too.To cut the story short i was cornered along side many other civilians around 10pm by security operatives ( army in different uniforms, NSCDC, police, NDLEA you name it) both males and femalesheavily armed.They marched us all to where we joined others too. More than 300 of us and made us all sit in the mud. I saw them banging doors open and ordering the occupants to come out in their boxers and wrappers, I wasn't with my credentials so I just kept calm. All I know is if they don't get mad to the extentof firing all of us then they will take us to the station where we all will explain ourselves. I was even thinking they did take pictures of us and parade us in the news as terrorists.Change dole!They did separate us into groups and asked for ID. Those who have provided theirs but my ID is at home not far so I just keep my cool. All this while some people were made to roll in the mud.Then my turn.I made gestures to them that I can't hear. When theykeep screaming and pointing a gun at me from every angle then I scream " I AM A DEAF BUT I CANTALK" and that is a Big Mistake I made because after that statement slaps descended on me from every angle. Hitting me in the ass with gun butt.I am not new to security operatives and how they miabehave mostly during the day so I am not surprised. I tried my best to explain that not all Deaf are mute and that they should move to where there is light so I can lipread them one on one or if any of them can communicate in Sign Language, as I'm saying all that slaps and kicks continue and I was only trying to voice out exactly how best they will communicate with me.Then they told me to go and join the others in the mud for which I totally lost my cool and bluntly refused. The slapping is getting to a point I don't even feel it anymore. They either fire me on the spot and let everyone see it and be the witness when they wouldn't even after pointing their riffle in my groin then I offer my hands and told them to handcuff me and take me to a station and allow me contact my lawyer AND STOP ANY ACT THAT WILLMAKE ME SUE THEM FOR HARASSMENT but they wouldn't, because of all the slaps and and kicks from left and right I couldnt memorise the nametag on their uniform.I'm not easily cowed really. I was born and raised in hell on earth. I'm not afraid of a gun because I know so well that gun don't kill people eccept someone pull the trigger. As a matter of fact if one of them agree to take on me on a one on one basis in mortalcombat I did finish him, I don't know how but with the situation they put me through yesterday night if I'm allowed to fight just one I did mess him up badlybut also I understand they have a job to do.They searched me thoroughly and couldn't find any incrimating thing. They asked me how I afford my phone and to unlock it and i told them they need a search warrant in my name before I can unlock it because the phone is my private property which includes sensitive pictures of me and my girl therefore it's an infringement of our fundamental human right to seize my device or force me to unlock it with no reason or go through my phone, told them to follow me home so I can show them my ID but they wouldn't agree. I asked for an interpreter they wouldn't agree all they do is HARASS, SLAP AND KICK ME (AND OTHERS) AS IFTHEIR LIFE DEPENDS ON IT. Told them to write in black and white they wouldn't.Its pathetic that the security operatives in Nigeria would become a dictator because they are carrying gun.Afterall that transpired they eventually allowed me to go around 3am when they don't know what to do with me again i heaved sigh of relief and realized alltheir madness was because their so called Ogas want to drink at a bar around the area....
Re: Shocking: See What Nigeria Security Agents Did To This Deaf Man. by sonya4all(m): 2:22pm On Aug 14, 2016
sonya4all:
Yesterday night on my way to get something to eat at a canteen around my area, close to the code of conduct tribunal in Jabi, i saw many people running here and there and because i dont know whats going on i decided to run too.To cut the story short i was cornered along side many other civilians around 10pm by security operatives ( army in different uniforms, NSCDC, police, NDLEA you name it) both males and femalesheavily armed.They marched us all to where we joined others too. More than 300 of us and made us all sit in the mud. I saw them banging doors open and ordering the occupants to come out in their boxers and wrappers, I wasn't with my credentials so I just kept calm. All I know is if they don't get mad to the extentof firing all of us then they will take us to the station where we all will explain ourselves. I was even thinking they did take pictures of us and parade us in the news as terrorists.Change dole!They did separate us into groups and asked for ID. Those who have provided theirs but my ID is at home not far so I just keep my cool. All this while some people were made to roll in the mud.Then my turn.I made gestures to them that I can't hear. When theykeep screaming and pointing a gun at me from every angle then I scream " I AM A DEAF BUT I CANTALK" and that is a Big Mistake I made because after that statement slaps descended on me from every angle. Hitting me in the ass with gun butt.I am not new to security operatives and how they miabehave mostly during the day so I am not surprised. I tried my best to explain that not all Deaf are mute and that they should move to where there is light so I can lipread them one on one or if any of them can communicate in Sign Language, as I'm saying all that slaps and kicks continue and I was only trying to voice out exactly how best they will communicate with me.Then they told me to go and join the others in the mud for which I totally lost my cool and bluntly refused. The slapping is getting to a point I don't even feel it anymore. They either fire me on the spot and let everyone see it and be the witness when they wouldn't even after pointing their riffle in my groin then I offer my hands and told them to handcuff me and take me to a station and allow me contact my lawyer AND STOP ANY ACT THAT WILLMAKE ME SUE THEM FOR HARASSMENT but they wouldn't, because of all the slaps and and kicks from left and right I couldnt memorise the nametag on their uniform.I'm not easily cowed really. I was born and raised in hell on earth. I'm not afraid of a gun because I know so well that gun don't kill people eccept someone pull the trigger. As a matter of fact if one of them agree to take on me on a one on one basis in mortalcombat I did finish him, I don't know how but with the situation they put me through yesterday night if I'm allowed to fight just one I did mess him up badlybut also I understand they have a job to do.They searched me thoroughly and couldn't find any incrimating thing. They asked me how I afford my phone and to unlock it and i told them they need a search warrant in my name before I can unlock it because the phone is my private property which includes sensitive pictures of me and my girl therefore it's an infringement of our fundamental human right to seize my device or force me to unlock it with no reason or go through my phone, told them to follow me home so I can show them my ID but they wouldn't agree. I asked for an interpreter they wouldn't agree all they do is HARASS, SLAP AND KICK ME (AND OTHERS) AS IFTHEIR LIFE DEPENDS ON IT. Told them to write in black and white they wouldn't.Its pathetic that the security operatives in Nigeria would become a dictator because they are carrying gun.Afterall that transpired they eventually allowed me to go around 3am when they don't know what to do with me again i heaved sigh of relief and realized alltheir madness was because their so called Ogas want to drink at a bar around the area....

I came to this conclusion that ;
1. Security operatives in Nigeria don't understand what it means to be a Deaf, Deaf and mute, hard of hearing or an adventitious Deaf. To them once you are a Deaf you are completely Deaf and therefore no sensible sound must come out of your mouth, If you can lipread and then respond properly you are faking the Deafness. I shake my head for Nigeria Security Operatives.We can't continue to condone a culture of sweeping injustice by those funded by our tax money under the carpet.
2. My honesty in voicing out is a mistake. Should have just be voicing nonsense.. therefore it's not every time honesty pay any longer...especially in this country because my being honest with people funded with my money as a tax payer allowed them to harrass me. Not even my dad can slap me at my age lailai.
3. Nigerian security operatives don't know what signlanguage means at all.
4. There is no department or provisions for Nigerian security operatives to process any Deaf in a proper process according to the rule of law.
5. Never to go out again without having my ID on me and to always make sure I hold a torch light at night.... just imagine.
6. There should be a massive psychiatric evaluationon every single gun-wielding-gbana-addict-operative who manage to wear a uniform.
7. The Nigerian Deaf Body need to create some form of awareness for this security operatives on how to handle anyone who happens to be Deaf. Let's assume I was handcuffed with my hand at the back how the hell am I supposed to sign?I am shattered. I feel bad. I mean the things you are subjected to for trying your best to be proud of Nigeria.On the plus side I'm hoping I can one day shoot a small awareness film on this and how to make it easier for the police to arrest and prosecute a Deaf who is against the law......
Re: Shocking: See What Nigeria Security Agents Did To This Deaf Man. by igraman(m): 2:22pm On Aug 14, 2016
Re: Shocking: See What Nigeria Security Agents Did To This Deaf Man. by sonya4all(m): 2:28pm On Aug 14, 2016
this story was shared in the Facebook page of the victim by him and i got permission from him to share, it is totally barbaric for a country like nigeria to still treat persons with disabilities in this manner..i just hope this gets to the authorities,his name is Richard Ezekiel the director at magic fingers entertainment production..
cc: lalasticlala
Re: Shocking: See What Nigeria Security Agents Did To This Deaf Man. by wahles(m): 2:32pm On Aug 14, 2016
Space booker up ahead#
Re: Shocking: See What Nigeria Security Agents Did To This Deaf Man. by sonya4all(m): 2:35pm On Aug 14, 2016
saintkel:
Really? Maybe no be army slap cos if army handle u, ur dumb tongue go loosen
my brother Deaf is not Dumb..you should speak like a civilized person i believe you are..#DEAFLIFESMATTER

2 Likes

Re: Shocking: See What Nigeria Security Agents Did To This Deaf Man. by mbah2x(m): 2:47pm On Aug 14, 2016
if na grand theft them go say WASTED!, if na mortal combat them go say FINISH HIM!. Naija na jungle you pray dat u survive like the eagle

2 Likes

Re: Shocking: See What Nigeria Security Agents Did To This Deaf Man. by Flexherbal(m): 2:51pm On Aug 14, 2016
All this for an Oga that wants to drink in the area.
Re: Shocking: See What Nigeria Security Agents Did To This Deaf Man. by sonya4all(m): 8:31am On Aug 15, 2016
you can imagine what we see only in Nigeria....
Re: Shocking: See What Nigeria Security Agents Did To This Deaf Man. by onward4life(m): 9:49am On Aug 15, 2016
sonya4all:

My brother pls I'm warning u with both fingers holding my ears, beware of Police, u went too far with those people, you could have been inflicted life injuries, and when they put pictures online about some gang that where caught every body would be shouting up NEPA, am not particularly happy the way they beat u as if u robbed somebody to death despite your special abilities am sorry, speedier recovery .. Jabi is the only place u wud spot security agencies obtaining money from small and medium scale business premises. More security disturbance in jabi than crime itself(quote me). Fela sang about this people some 40years ago and we called him crazy. Now who sti dey craze all this why!!!!!

1 Like

Re: Shocking: See What Nigeria Security Agents Did To This Deaf Man. by Awoofawo(m): 11:53am On Aug 15, 2016
I feel your pain being disable no easy in Nigeria, in fact Africa as a whole. Take heart bro GGod wwill visit them sooner or later for the pain they subjected you to!
Re: Shocking: See What Nigeria Security Agents Did To This Deaf Man. by harmony940(m): 2:53pm On Sep 07, 2016
please i need me on something very serious,about benin republic....some one ask you to call him 2011 to be precise,please lets talk,i want to know how genuine it is.
Re: Shocking: See What Nigeria Security Agents Did To This Deaf Man. by Nobody: 10:06pm On Dec 07, 2016
sonya4all:
you can imagine what we see only in Nigeria....
Please, add a screenshot, or a link to the facebook post; then, Lalasticlala is gonna do the needful.
Re: Shocking: See What Nigeria Security Agents Did To This Deaf Man. by hedonistic: 8:38am On Dec 08, 2016
onward4life:

My brother pls I'm warning u with both fingers holding my ears, beware of Police, u went too far with those people, you could have been inflicted life injuries, and when they put pictures online about some gang that where caught every body would be shouting up NEPA, am not particularly happy the way they beat u as if u robbed somebody to death despite your special abilities am sorry, speedier recovery .. Jabi is the only place u wud spot security agencies obtaining money from small and medium scale business premises. More security disturbance in jabi than crime itself(quote me). Fela sang about this people some 40years ago and we called him crazy. Now who sti dey craze all this why!!!!!
Tell me more about this, which part of Jabi precisely, and how rampant is this? Haven't encountered anything like this around Jabi Utako axis, even though I'm a chronic night crawler.
Re: Shocking: See What Nigeria Security Agents Did To This Deaf Man. by onward4life(m): 9:50am On Dec 08, 2016
hedonistic:

Tell me more about this, which part of Jabi precisely, and how rampant is this? Haven't encountered anything like this around Jabi Utako axis, even though I'm a chronic night crawler.

I witnessed extortion in shops between Chida hotel and Sandrallia hotels. With constitutional backing.

E D A plaza.

Pana village.

And the village close to former thisday building.

(1) (Reply)

Kenyan Lady Was Stripped Naked For Wearing Miniskirt In Kissi (photos) / Notorious Transformer Cable Thief Tied Up After Being Caught Stealing In Ogun / Married Zimbabwean Man Caught Having Sex With A Mad Woman On Christmas Day

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.