Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,003 members, 7,817,964 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:17 AM

Get Traffic 2 And Blogs with Google &Bing Webmaster tools - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Get Traffic 2 And Blogs with Google &Bing Webmaster tools (784 Views)

Google Webmaster Tools: Should I Traget Nigeria Or Leave It Unticked? / Does Absence Reject Blogs With Multiple Nichie / A Comedy Blog; Will It Get Traffic? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Get Traffic 2 And Blogs with Google &Bing Webmaster tools by brianblogmoney(m): 5:41pm On Aug 14, 2016
is your .com or site is not getting any traffic.

Have you submitted it to all the major search engines, from Google to Bing and Yandex. But still no traffic from organic search.

Everyone plus you grandfather knows that the first thing you do after you host a website or blog is submit it to search engines.

Now if you have been stopping there, you have just been throwing away the best source for traffic and content your blog needs.

Aside from indexing sites,search engines can actually show you how to find traffic for and blogs.

Search engines are getting better at providing the right results for the search queries people enter. Aside from indexing sites and providing results, they also need you the site owner to tell them more about your site. that means going beyond just submitting your site.

Its why all the major search engines from Google to Yandex are all offering webmaster tools, to provide more details about a site to these search engines.

Ok, so how does this benefit you?

You can use these tools to drive more organic traffic to your site by seeing where the search places your site content in relation to what people are searching.

For example

Re: Get Traffic 2 And Blogs with Google &Bing Webmaster tools by brianblogmoney(m): 5:43pm On Aug 14, 2016
The above image is from Bing webmaster tools showing the search terms or keywords that bring traffic to a certain page or post on a website.

Say you submitted your site on Bing and left it at that, you wouldn't know what search terms people are using to locate your site and how often that search term is used.

The information helps you find out why you are not getting traffic from organic search and what you need to do about fixing it. It also shows you something else.

The keywords you can use to create new blog posts. Particularly where you notice a lot of people are searching for a search term that your site keeps appearing for.

To get started, head over to Google search console and Bing webmaster tools

1. Add your properity

Re: Get Traffic 2 And Blogs with Google &Bing Webmaster tools by brianblogmoney(m): 5:46pm On Aug 14, 2016
Head over to Google search console, you can use your gmail account to login, if you don't have a google account(seriously in this age and time, you actually don't have one), then you need to create an account before you can begin.

If you own a windows laptop or phone, chances are you have a Microsoft account, you can use this to get access to Bing webmaster tools.

Google will just ask for your blogs url, while Bing will ask you for the url and site map, which can be a bit of a hassle to get for . Luckly you can use this sitemap generator to create a sitemap for your .com blog.

Once you have your sitemap, enter it in your Bing Webmaster add property area and click next.

2. Verify Property

Re: Get Traffic 2 And Blogs with Google &Bing Webmaster tools by brianblogmoney(m): 5:51pm On Aug 14, 2016
Now that your site is active on both webmaster tools, you will begin to get details of how to find traffic for and blogs.

Both webmaster tools will begin to gather dat----

Read More

http://blogmoney.com.ng/get-traffic--wordpress-com-blog/
Re: Get Traffic 2 And Blogs with Google &Bing Webmaster tools by Nobody: 8:13pm On Aug 14, 2016
Nice tutorial... Very educative!
Re: Get Traffic 2 And Blogs with Google &Bing Webmaster tools by cj1080(m): 10:57am On Aug 15, 2016
Wow, are you for real.

Make i try am first
Re: Get Traffic 2 And Blogs with Google &Bing Webmaster tools by cj1080(m): 5:06pm On Aug 15, 2016
So i have submitted my .com blog to bing and google search consol

What next do i need to do
Re: Get Traffic 2 And Blogs with Google &Bing Webmaster tools by brianblogmoney(m): 6:14pm On Aug 15, 2016
cj1080:
So i have submitted my .com blog to bing and google search consol

What next do i need to do

Hi Cj

You will notice that for google search console, you were not asked for your site map.

Go to the crawl section of your google search console and click sitemaps.

Here you will enter your or site map.

If you don't know where to get a sitemap for your .com blog, google blogger sitemap generator. this should give you a site to enter your .com and get a sitemap.

once you have it, put it into the google search console sitemap and press submit, then refresh .

It will say sitemap successfully submitted

Do the same with bing.

(1) (Reply)

Photos: Facebook Founder Mark Zuckerberg Eats At A Local Food Joint In Kenya / Why Linda Ikeji And Google Sanction? / Verified Hosted Adsense Account With $63.48 (current Balance) For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.