Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,559 members, 7,816,351 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:02 AM

People Are Awesome: Amazing Feat Of Human Endurance. - Nairaland / General (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / People Are Awesome: Amazing Feat Of Human Endurance. (4531 Views)

People Are Very Wicked In This Life / People Are Very Wicked In This World See What A Housemaid Did To Her Madam / Akwa Ibom People Are Angry, They Say NTA Must Apologize (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: People Are Awesome: Amazing Feat Of Human Endurance. by Explorers(m): 9:57am On Aug 15, 2016
kunlesehan:

During my years in FUTO, I saw a villager stay under water for well over 30mins.

Forget, they decieved you. They will dive fine, surface, somewhere else and swim back to the spot.

Anybody that can dive for more than 22minutes straight in Nigeria should visit any public swimming pool(stadium) with officials having stopwatch that will record it, then your name will go around the globe..

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: People Are Awesome: Amazing Feat Of Human Endurance. by Explorers(m): 10:26am On Aug 15, 2016
12. Terry Fox Ran Across Canada While Fighting Cancer (and Without a Leg).

In 1977, at the age of 19, he had his right leg amputated after a diagnosis of osteosarcoma.

Three years later, after being angered at how little money was dedicated to cancer research, he decided he wanted to Run across Canada in an effort to increase cancer awareness.

Dubbed the Marathon of Hope, Fox started in St. Johns, Newfoundland and planned out a route across the country that would take him to Victoria, British Columbia.

He began his journey with little fanfare, but by the time he reached Ontario he had become a national star, with over 1000 corporations pledging 2$ per mile.

He met then Prime Minister Pierre Trudeau along his route, as well as the likes of Hockey Hall of Famer Bobby Orr.

As Terry approached Thunder Bay, he suffered an intense bout of coughing and severe pains in his chest.

He was immediately taken to the nearest hospital where it was discovered that his cancer had returned and had spread tohis lungs.

A tearful press conference brought his cross Canada journey to an end after 143 days and 5,373km. Fox hoped that he would one day get to finish what he started but sadly passed away on June 28, 1981.

Terry’s plight received support and prayers from Pope John Paul II, and inspired Rod Stewart to write the song “Never Give Up on a Dream” in his honour.

Since his death, the Marathon of Hope has turned into a yearly event in over 60 countries and is now the largest one-day cancer fundraiser in the world.

To date, over $500,000,000 has been raised in Terry’s name.

http://www.outlawfitnesshq.com/10-jaw-dropping-feats-by-incredibly-inspiring-human-feats/
cc:Dominique

13 Likes 5 Shares

Re: People Are Awesome: Amazing Feat Of Human Endurance. by ichommy(m): 11:30am On Aug 15, 2016
Aminat508:
Na this kind thread you go see Funjosh and Ichommy angry

Mogbe o!!!

Nah Sexuality Section U wan see me?

Re: People Are Awesome: Amazing Feat Of Human Endurance. by blessedvisky(m): 11:36am On Aug 15, 2016
Explorers:

In 1977, at the age of 19, he had his right leg amputated after a diagnosis of osteosarcoma. Three years later, after being angered at how little money was dedicated to cancer research, he decided he wanted to Run across Canada in an effort to increase cancer awareness. Dubbed the Marathon of Hope, Fox started in St. Johns, Newfoundland and planned out a route across the country that would take him to Victoria, British Columbia. He began his journey with little fanfare, but by the time he reached Ontario he had become a national star, with over 1000 corporations pledging 2$ per mile. He met then Prime Minister Pierre Trudeau along his route, as well as the likes of Hockey Hall of Famer Bobby Orr. As Terry approached Thunder Bay, he suffered an intense bout of coughing and severe pains in his chest. He was immediately taken to the nearest hospital where it was discovered that his cancer had returned and had spread tohis lungs. A tearful press conference brought his cross Canada journey to an end after 143 days and 5,373km. Fox hoped that he would one day get to finish what he started but sadly passed away on June 28, 1981. Terry’s plight received support and prayers from Pope John Paul II, and inspired Rod Stewart to write the song “Never Give Up on a Dream” in his honour.

Since his death, the Marathon of Hope has turned into a yearly event in over 60 countries and is now the largest one-day cancer fundraiser in the world. To date, over $500,000,000 has been raised in Terry’s name.

Wow what a hero!moving story

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: People Are Awesome: Amazing Feat Of Human Endurance. by kunlesehan(m): 12:39pm On Aug 15, 2016
Explorers:

Forget, they decieved you. They will dive fine, surface, somewhere else and swim back to the spot.

Anybody that can dive for more than 22minutes straight in Nigeria should visit any public swimming pool(stadium) with officials having stopwatch that will record it, then your name will go around the globe..
Nah!
We weren't deceived bro.
It's a very popular river with a clean and clear riverbed "Otam-miri"
the man virtually slept off on his back with his palms on his chest.
I remember vividly cos we (my fellow futoites and I) lost several bets that day.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: People Are Awesome: Amazing Feat Of Human Endurance. by kunlesehan(m): 12:57pm On Aug 15, 2016
Explorers:

In 1977, at the age of 19, he had his right leg amputated after a diagnosis of osteosarcoma. Three years later, after being angered at how little money was dedicated to cancer research, he decided he wanted to Run across Canada in an effort to increase cancer awareness. Dubbed the Marathon of Hope, Fox started in St. Johns, Newfoundland and planned out a route across the country that would take him to Victoria, British Columbia. He began his journey with little fanfare, but by the time he reached Ontario he had become a national star, with over 1000 corporations pledging 2$ per mile. He met then Prime Minister Pierre Trudeau along his route, as well as the likes of Hockey Hall of Famer Bobby Orr. As Terry approached Thunder Bay, he suffered an intense bout of coughing and severe pains in his chest. He was immediately taken to the nearest hospital where it was discovered that his cancer had returned and had spread tohis lungs. A tearful press conference brought his cross Canada journey to an end after 143 days and 5,373km. Fox hoped that he would one day get to finish what he started but sadly passed away on June 28, 1981. Terry’s plight received support and prayers from Pope John Paul II, and inspired Rod Stewart to write the song “Never Give Up on a Dream” in his honour.

Since his death, the Marathon of Hope has turned into a yearly event in over 60 countries and is now the largest one-day cancer fundraiser in the world. To date, over $500,000,000 has been raised in Terry’s name.
Quite sad but he died for a good cause.
Nice thread Op
Re: People Are Awesome: Amazing Feat Of Human Endurance. by whitecloth: 1:45pm On Aug 15, 2016
Heroic men doing heroic thing.
I can't stop reading about Terry Fox and the man who carved the mountain. You inspired me today o
Re: People Are Awesome: Amazing Feat Of Human Endurance. by Explorers(m): 3:57pm On Aug 15, 2016
13. Highest free fall (24Miles).

On October 14, 2012, Austrian daredevil Felix Baumgartner accomplished what seemed impossible, skydiving from a balloon more than 24 miles (128,100 ft) above the Earth. Before jumping into space, Baumgartner humbly delivered a message through his radio saying, “sometimes you have to go up really high to understand how small you really are.” Falling at a max speed of 833mph for just under 10 minutes, Baumgartner became the first skydiver to break the sound barrier while also breaking the records for highest manned balloon flight, highest parachute jump, and fastest free fall velocity. While in free fall, Baumgartner almost lost control and went into a terrifying spin but was able to regain control through skills learned in preparation for the jump. About a mile from the ground, Felix opened his parachute and landed safely in New Mexico greeted by ecstatic friends and family. Baumgartner had his doubts before jumping from the balloon, saying “let me tell you when I was standing there on top of the world, you become so humble. You don’t think about breaking records anymore, you don’t think about gaining scientific data the only thing that you want is tocome back alive.

http://www.activecities.us/blog/incredibly-epic-human-feats-of-strength-endurance-and-perseverance/

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: People Are Awesome: Amazing Feat Of Human Endurance. by tk4rd: 6:03am On Aug 16, 2016
hakunajay:

Bros, seems you're lazy? I can do this for 6 hours non stop. No be joke o...
Then, go and break the Guinness World records.. No be joke..
Re: People Are Awesome: Amazing Feat Of Human Endurance. by tk4rd: 6:12am On Aug 16, 2016
Explorers:
4. 73 Days Living Underwater.

The Jules Undersea Lodge, off the coast of Key Largo, Florida, was billed as the world’s only underwater hotel. We included it on a list of undersea facilities you could actually live in a couple years back.

In late 2014, biologists Bruce Cantrell and Jessica Fain completed a 10-week stay at the Lodge, barely besting a 22-year-old record set by NASA astronaut Richard Presley at the same facility, and he at least had the excuse of preparing for a long stay in space.
Biologists in Love
Re: People Are Awesome: Amazing Feat Of Human Endurance. by hakunajay(m): 8:23am On Aug 16, 2016
tk4rd:
Then, go and break the Guinness World records.. No be joke..

I don't like showing myself... Moreover, I don't drink Guinness so I won't want to partake in their shows...

No be mouth oh...
Re: People Are Awesome: Amazing Feat Of Human Endurance. by tk4rd: 4:16pm On Aug 16, 2016
hakunajay:

I don't like showing myself... Moreover, I don't drink Guinness so I won't want to partake in their shows...

No be mouth oh...
Guinness World records is not a show for Guinness Medium Stout or Small Stout drinkers.
Re: People Are Awesome: Amazing Feat Of Human Endurance. by hakunajay(m): 7:57pm On Aug 16, 2016
tk4rd:
Guinness World records is not a show for Guinness Medium Stout or Small Stout drinkers.

Lol...
Re: People Are Awesome: Amazing Feat Of Human Endurance. by Nobody: 9:28pm On Aug 16, 2016
Explorers:
2. Longest Time in an Abdominal Plank.

One of the most impressive mind and body feats on this list comes from George Hood, who held a anabdominal plank for 1 hour, 20minutes, and 5 seconds, two days shy of his 54th birthday.

A year later, Hood decided it made perfect sense to kill his own record. At age 55 he did it for 3hours, 7minutes, and 15 seconds. That time stood until May 2014, when Mao Weidong bested him by more than an hour, holding the position for a whopping 4 hours and and 26 minutes.

Actually i didn't see anything big in this untill i tried it this morning, with my stopwatch i held the position for 1minute and 8seconds but i saw HELL.

Don't try it o....

whhhatttt!!

first time I tried 1 minute plank, I saw hell
Re: People Are Awesome: Amazing Feat Of Human Endurance. by Explorers(m): 5:52am On Aug 17, 2016
khalifahsparkles:

whhhatttt!!

first time I tried 1 minute plank, I saw hell

You tried as a lady.
Re: People Are Awesome: Amazing Feat Of Human Endurance. by Nobody: 6:08am On Aug 17, 2016
Explorers:
7. 22 Minutes Underwater With No Air.

With a PhD in medicine, mastery of the art of yoga, and an incredibly manly name, Stig Severinsen has dedicated a great portion of his life to breathing. And not merely in the sense thatwe all do his current profession involves teaching people to breathe better, and if there is anyone qualified, it is Stig. After spending most of his adult life setting diving records (for both depth and time, with fins and without) Stig dropped the mic in 2012 after setting one that is highly unlikely to ever be broken. He stayed submerged, without assistance, for 22 full minutes.

undecided na charm?
Re: People Are Awesome: Amazing Feat Of Human Endurance. by Explorers(m): 7:05am On Aug 17, 2016
crotonite:

undecided na charm?

No b charm o bro, na training of years. See the picture.

We had a contest with a lady in a pool back in eksu(st Clements). Two guys with stopwatches standing as officials, Five guys myself included and the girl went under. Four guys came out in less than 40seconds i was below the surface for 65 seconds in d pool. She stayed for more than 2minutes, we were forced to pull her out cos we were so scared and she was even resisting. Something told me she's a "Winch" though, the remaining months i spent in that school, we take cover anytime we see her.

Re: People Are Awesome: Amazing Feat Of Human Endurance. by Oloniyan(m): 8:57am On Aug 17, 2016
Explorers:

No b charm o bro, na training of years. See the picture.

We had a contest with a lady in a pool back in eksu(st Clements). Two guys with stopwatches standing as officials, Five guys myself included and the girl went under. Four guys came out in less than 40seconds i was below the surface for 65 seconds in d pool. She stayed for more than 2minutes, we were forced to pull her out cos we were so scared and she was even resisting. Something told me she's a "Winch" though, the remaining months i spent in that school, we take cover anytime we see her.

You mentioned st clemence You must know Kalakuta republic hostel by the hotel then
Re: People Are Awesome: Amazing Feat Of Human Endurance. by Explorers(m): 2:05pm On Aug 17, 2016
Oloniyan:

You mentioned st clemence You must know Kalakuta republic hostel by the hotel then

Yea.
Re: People Are Awesome: Amazing Feat Of Human Endurance. by Oloniyan(m): 10:23pm On Aug 17, 2016
Explorers:

Yea.

Which year did you leave EKSU If its around 20-- you must know Jimmy for gotham then
Re: People Are Awesome: Amazing Feat Of Human Endurance. by Explorers(m): 12:35pm On Aug 18, 2016
Oloniyan:

Which year did you leave EKSU If its around 20-- you must know Jimmy for gotham then

I dont, i stayed very far from that side, Gmath Hostel. Finished 2011.
Re: People Are Awesome: Amazing Feat Of Human Endurance. by Explorers(m): 12:40pm On Aug 18, 2016
GloryIsaac:

Honestly, this plank isn't easy at all shocked .... My Personal record still stands at 2 mins sad sad

Lol....Funny thing, it looks so simple but by the time you get to 60sec, you already vibrating.
Re: People Are Awesome: Amazing Feat Of Human Endurance. by Explorers(m): 12:42pm On Aug 18, 2016
paschal47:

lol the day i tried this shit i lasted for a minute and thirty seconds.

Bro u try sef....
Re: People Are Awesome: Amazing Feat Of Human Endurance. by Explorers(m): 1:16pm On Aug 18, 2016
13. 76 Hours In Continuous Flight.

The Solar Impulse 2 is a technological marvel, a fully solar-powered airplane with over 17, 000 cells capable of virtually continuous, never-ending flight. Other than weather conditions, the only thing keeping it from remaining in the air indefinitely is the endurance of the pilots. On its 2016 around the world trip meant to showcase the awesome abilities of renewable energy, that endurance was sorely tested. Although pilot Bertrand Piccard was at the helm when Solar Impulse 2 completed an historic crossing of the Atlantic never before done by a solar plane, it was teammate Andre Borschberg who crushed all previous records for solo, continuous flight with a mind-boggling 76-hour stretch from Japan to Hawaii. Pilots are only able to take brief naps, and that in the only space available the tiny cabin of the plane, which is not heated or pressurized.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: People Are Awesome: Amazing Feat Of Human Endurance. by Nobody: 1:58pm On Aug 18, 2016
Explorers:

Lol....Funny thing, it looks so simple but by the time you get to 60sec, you already vibrating.
1st time i did it. A friend dared me. And i did 2mins
Re: People Are Awesome: Amazing Feat Of Human Endurance. by Explorers(m): 2:26pm On Aug 18, 2016
MuhdG:

1st time i did it. A friend dared me. And i did 2mins

2mins?
Re: People Are Awesome: Amazing Feat Of Human Endurance. by Nobody: 3:09pm On Aug 18, 2016
Explorers:

2mins?
Yes.. i tried abi
Re: People Are Awesome: Amazing Feat Of Human Endurance. by Explorers(m): 4:49pm On Aug 18, 2016
MuhdG:

Yes.. i tried abi

If it's ur first, you tried.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Women! / Blood Money & Nnewi Rich Man / The Profile Of Chief Sir Felix Chidi Idiga

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.