Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,908 members, 7,821,151 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:00 AM

Northern Governors Hire British Firm To Prospect For Oil - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Northern Governors Hire British Firm To Prospect For Oil (33200 Views)

Fayose Berates 7 Northern Governors For Endorsing Buhari For 2019 / Northern Governors Receive Osinbajo As He Land In Kaduna 4 Buhari's PA's Wedding / Northern Governors Wives Visit Aisha Buhari (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Northern Governors Hire British Firm To Prospect For Oil by outknow: 9:25am On Aug 15, 2016

The 19 northern state governments have appointed a British firm to carry out oil exploration activities in the region.
Chairman, Northern Nigeria Development Company, owned by the 19 northern state governments, Mallam Bashir Dalhatu, at the weekend, said the company had commenced its prospects for oil and gas in the Lake Chad and Benue basins.

He made the disclosure when the company’s board and management visited Kastina State governor, Aminu Masari.

His words: “We have engaged a British company that is already working in the Lake Chad region and from Niger and Chad side in the same area with us and we have been meeting with the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation in order to put efforts together.

“The Federal Government has also re-emphasised to us, during those meetings, its total support for exploration and exploitation of oil and gas in the North-East of the country.”

http://dailypost.ng/2016/08/15/northern-states-engage-british-firm-find-oil/

8 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Northern Governors Hire British Firm To Prospect For Oil by outknow: 9:26am On Aug 15, 2016
God help them, we need to diversify the oil
For more story of that ...
http://biafrasay.com/p/322480/northern-govs-hire-british-firm-to-prospect-for-oil

11 Likes

Re: Northern Governors Hire British Firm To Prospect For Oil by 989900: 9:31am On Aug 15, 2016
For the greater good . . . too much 'disturbia' already.

3 Likes

Re: Northern Governors Hire British Firm To Prospect For Oil by Pidggin(f): 9:34am On Aug 15, 2016
Yes, this is the diversification agenda of the present government grin

151 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Northern Governors Hire British Firm To Prospect For Oil by PFRB: 9:42am On Aug 15, 2016
The so called South South and Niger Delta can now see how foolish they have been. Very soon the North will be championing secession and you guys will be on the other end of the stick. Abuja plus oil in the north nails you guys finally.

37 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Northern Governors Hire British Firm To Prospect For Oil by cockoduck: 10:18am On Aug 15, 2016
PFRB:
The so called South South and Niger Delta can now see how foolish they have been. Very soon the North will be championing secession and you guys will be on the other end of the stick. Abuja plus oil in the north nails you guys finally.
But this is exactly what we have been praying for

356 Likes 19 Shares

Re: Northern Governors Hire British Firm To Prospect For Oil by TheFreeOne: 10:26am On Aug 15, 2016
PFRB:

The whole south not just the ND will rollout drums in celebrations should the north call for secession.

It will be an answer to long-awaited prayers.

357 Likes 25 Shares

Re: Northern Governors Hire British Firm To Prospect For Oil by Izonpikin: 10:27am On Aug 15, 2016
cheesy cheesy...what a good one...if oil is found and produced it would be for everyones good...but let the north not forget the middle belt and the south west that has slaved for them all along... cheesy cheesy...

cool cool cool

119 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Northern Governors Hire British Firm To Prospect For Oil by PFRB: 10:39am On Aug 15, 2016
TheFreeOne:

The whole south not just the ND will rollout drums in celebrations should the north call for secession.

It will be an answer to long-awaited prayers.

I bet you when it happens, the South South and Niger Delta will be the ones championing Nigerian unity but it would fail because the North have played you out neatly. With Abuja as their capital city and their oil, you will be wriggling like a cut off tail of a wall gecko.

22 Likes

Re: Northern Governors Hire British Firm To Prospect For Oil by TheFreeOne: 10:46am On Aug 15, 2016
PFRB:

I bet you when it happens, the South South and Niger Delta will be the ones championing Nigerian unity but it would fail because the North have played you out neatly. With Abuja as their capital city and their oil, you will be wriggling like a cut off tail of a wall gecko.

Abuja will become subject of negotiations cos it's the federal capital and not a northern state.

Their oil you say I don't want to call you a clown but you need to realize there are major international oil companies involved in ND who would have to decide on whose side they'll belong cos as investors recouping their investment is paramount.

101 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Northern Governors Hire British Firm To Prospect For Oil by Mikehell(m): 10:47am On Aug 15, 2016
Keep wasting the nation's little income in a fruitless exploration of oil instead of investing dat on agriculture....

85 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Northern Governors Hire British Firm To Prospect For Oil by Izonpikin: 10:52am On Aug 15, 2016
them wan sideline south west...hmmm.....this NNDC sounds like the yorubas arent carried along in this...hmmmm

78 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Northern Governors Hire British Firm To Prospect For Oil by chemicalDisease: 10:56am On Aug 15, 2016
God pls give this Abokis oil.
so that d can drink it.

46 Likes 1 Share

Re: Northern Governors Hire British Firm To Prospect For Oil by Amberon11: 11:05am On Aug 15, 2016
before they find oil can they first leave "our oil" alone? thanks.

54 Likes 1 Share

Re: Northern Governors Hire British Firm To Prospect For Oil by Izonpikin: 11:26am On Aug 15, 2016
omololu2020:
boy just keep showing how fool!sh you are,you go tell me weting concern Yoruba for this topic grin
i just dey ask na..,i am a friendly neighbor.. grin grin grin...ondo and lagos oil has not prompted even the yorubas to start up a development company,yet our northern people don rush get NNDC... cheesy cheesy cheesy...you no dey smell sideline??.. cheesy cheesy cheesy...well its just an observation o...no vex e hear... grin grin grin grin...when the north wan secede make them carry ona join body oo... cool cool cool

75 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Northern Governors Hire British Firm To Prospect For Oil by Appleyard(m): 11:30am On Aug 15, 2016
PFRB:

You simply don't get it. If today oil is discovered in the north, it is then you will know the difference between a Hausa man and a Fulani man, a Tiv man from Jukun... In fact, such a discovery will immediately usher in the much craved resource control brouhaha and the fight for the entrenchment of true and fiscal federalism.

I can't help but fast and pray that oil should miraculously surface somewhere in the north, then people would see the reality: what goes around will then come around.

75 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Northern Governors Hire British Firm To Prospect For Oil by omololu2020(m): 11:34am On Aug 15, 2016
Izonpikin:
i just dey ask na..,i am a friendly neighbor.. grin grin grin...ondo and lagos oil has not prompted even the yorubas to start up a development company,yet our northern people don rush get NNDC... cheesy cheesy cheesy...you no dey smell sideline??.. cheesy cheesy cheesy...well its just an observation o...no vex e hear... grin grin grin grin...when the north wan secede make them carry ona join body oo... cool cool cool
now you can type 'odua group' on google...WEMA bank is also owned by the south west

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Northern Governors Hire British Firm To Prospect For Oil by Nobody: 11:38am On Aug 15, 2016
Lord plz let tbe oil be discovered...please. So we can be freed from the shackles of The North.
Infact , Dear Lord, let their oil be too much that Saudi Arabia would envy them, that the North will say bukum to the south,

Truth is Lord, we are already two countries bound uncomfortably together. Let this oil be found....plzzzzz.

60 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Northern Governors Hire British Firm To Prospect For Oil by Enahi(f): 1:11pm On Aug 15, 2016
God of Isaac,Jacob and Abraham please let oil be discovered in the North so we can all have peace of mind.
May the oil be 100 times in quantity than that of ND and I pray the Northerners don't ever get d opportunity to rule this Country again.

Miraculous oil please appear in the North in Jesus name, I am tired of Northern idiots ruling this County.

73 Likes

Re: Northern Governors Hire British Firm To Prospect For Oil by Nobody: 1:49pm On Aug 15, 2016
Enahi:
God of Isaac,Jacob and Abraham please let oil be discovered in the North so we can all have peace of mind.
May the oil be 100 times in quantity than that of ND and I pray the Northerners don't ever get d opportunity to rule this Country again.

Miraculous oil please appear in the North in Jesus name, I am tired of Northern idiots ruling this County.
enahi where have you been? Mail me now... Ajibolabd@gmail.com
Re: Northern Governors Hire British Firm To Prospect For Oil by Bizibi(m): 1:56pm On Aug 15, 2016
PFRB:

who told you that,when everybody eye don open.....this is not 80's or 90's

4 Likes

Re: Northern Governors Hire British Firm To Prospect For Oil by PFRB: 3:02pm On Aug 15, 2016
TheFreeOne:

Abuja will become subject of negotiations cos it's the federal capital and not a northern state.

Their oil you say I don't want to call you a clown but you need to realize there are major international oil companies involved in ND who would have to decide on whose side they'll belong cos as investors recouping their investment is paramount.

Call me whatever but be sure this will happen. If oil is found in the North, the north will secede. Abuja will be their capital. That time you in the south will be the ones asking them not to secede.

3 Likes

Re: Northern Governors Hire British Firm To Prospect For Oil by prestige24: 3:13pm On Aug 15, 2016
[size=14pt]I read this post to see the name of the "hired british firm" but didn't see anything about it..?? what a wonderful report ! lipsrsealed[/size]

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Northern Governors Hire British Firm To Prospect For Oil by shamsuRana(m): 4:37pm On Aug 15, 2016
British to assist? This is robbery..

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Northern Governors Hire British Firm To Prospect For Oil by Nobody: 4:37pm On Aug 15, 2016
their plan is to discover oil and split the country.
the northerners are just 2 feeling high in this country

1 Like

Re: Northern Governors Hire British Firm To Prospect For Oil by Lukmann1: 4:37pm On Aug 15, 2016
0il this 0il that, i hope they founded it on the north so this militants could stopped all these destroyed pipelines pump.

1 Like

Re: Northern Governors Hire British Firm To Prospect For Oil by 01Mysticdon(m): 4:38pm On Aug 15, 2016
I remember the words of FFK and Fayose

8 Likes

Re: Northern Governors Hire British Firm To Prospect For Oil by KangaIye: 4:38pm On Aug 15, 2016
that means their is oil in every parts of this country grin

2 Likes

Re: Northern Governors Hire British Firm To Prospect For Oil by binna88: 4:39pm On Aug 15, 2016
undecided undecided
Re: Northern Governors Hire British Firm To Prospect For Oil by sunnyside16(m): 4:40pm On Aug 15, 2016
We are broke and yet this is important to them.

6 Likes

Re: Northern Governors Hire British Firm To Prospect For Oil by shamecurls(m): 4:40pm On Aug 15, 2016
Nice One

Great Move in the right direction

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Mandatory Use Of Identity Numbers Begins In January 2019 – FG / Peter Obi Will Not Win Presidential Poll – Prophet Bempah / Tinubu Shakes Hands With Atiku During Signing Of Peace Accord

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.