Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,225 members, 7,815,284 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:14 AM

What Lagos Yoruba Need To Know About Lagos. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Lagos Yoruba Need To Know About Lagos. (3832 Views)

If Pdp Win In Lagos Yoruba Will Lose Lagos To Igbo! / Yoruba Need To Put Their Foot Down / See What Lagos Government Plans To Replace Danfo With (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Lagos Yoruba Need To Know About Lagos. by yanshDoctor: 11:59am On Aug 15, 2016
Lagos is what it is today because of the one Nigeria and emergence of deferent ethic group that flood Lagos. this has opened of the economic heavy weight of Lagos and why many companies choose it for it headquarters.

let me tell you something, from the day this so called one Nigeria will end. Lagos is in doomed.

the city will no longer boom as it is today. many investment will be move away from Lagos and other part of the country will closed it border against Lagos.

the sea port activities will be crumbled and the airports must likely closed down or port of it shut down for low economic activity.

little by little it that city with old glory will lost it economic activities and probably crippled to it knees so watched out and be careful.

edited

for all those attacking me. I had to quote someone from the bottom for the seek of new readers read this before quoting me

Noneroone:
sorry you are the one whose write-up is absolutely senseless and even your brothers know. Lagos will recieve a huge blow if we revert to regionalism not to talk of the end of nigeria. Lets view it this way If nigeria ends. The suceeding countries will make their laws, develop economic infrastructure like seaports, airports and power supply, develop monetary policy and impose import taxes all in a bid to develop local economy. Biafra for instance will open portharcourt port and onitsha seaport. Open the airport in Enugu and ph and concession them. With that it will be cheaper for businessmen and industralists to establish their base in the new country. Right now lagos is booming b'cos the host country used the resources and political power to favour it at the detriment of other regions and cities, leaving only lagos port running and lagos airport busy, forcing pple in another region to go and invest in lagos. They dont care if it affect the overall development of the country so long as they attend their political objective. All those bank and factories u're mentioning will gradually close dont in event of seperation 'cos no bank sites headquarters in another country, unless u're gonna boast with the empty building. Pls dont pretend u dont know wats keeping lagos. Op said the truth.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Lagos Yoruba Need To Know About Lagos. by magnetik(m): 12:01pm On Aug 15, 2016
Hatred.

2 Likes

Re: What Lagos Yoruba Need To Know About Lagos. by RobinRay(m): 12:21pm On Aug 15, 2016
wtf

3 Likes

Re: What Lagos Yoruba Need To Know About Lagos. by yanshDoctor: 12:25pm On Aug 15, 2016
magnetik:
Hatred.
nothing like hatred here I don't live in Lagos and what i said up there is the fact. take it or leave it.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Lagos Yoruba Need To Know About Lagos. by Thewrath(m): 12:36pm On Aug 15, 2016
That is why they always want to drink otapiapia whenever Biafra is mentione grin
Because the survival of Lagos and yoruba at large depend one Nigeria.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Lagos Yoruba Need To Know About Lagos. by badaru911: 12:38pm On Aug 15, 2016
Another kid again... well what do u expect to come out from a kid with dat name of yours "yanshdoctor"... nothing but shit and foul.

15 Likes

Re: What Lagos Yoruba Need To Know About Lagos. by obongtunji: 12:46pm On Aug 15, 2016
yanshDoctor:
nothing like hatred here I don't live in Lagos and what i said up there is the fact. take it or leave it.

Your post doesn't make sense at all. Assuming south-west has a country of its own, does that mean Diamondback, First Bank, GTB and e.t.c will close down there operations in the south-west?
Does that mean Dangote will stop the ongoing refinery? And as well close down it industries in Lagos?
You mean Erisco Foods limited will shut it's operation after using millions of naira to establish it's Tomato processing factory?
You all those factories in Lagos will just close down? So you mean ship will no longer offload at the Lagos seaport but will rather offload at river Kaduna seaport and Imo river seaport?
Believe me you need a heavy slap that will send your brain to factory setting because I don't think you understand what you have just typed.

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Lagos Yoruba Need To Know About Lagos. by Paulpaulpaul(m): 12:48pm On Aug 15, 2016
yanshDoctor:

Nothing last forever, no country could compete with Babylon but it was buried in history and can not be located on world map anymore. As for lasgidi let's enjoy while it last
Re: What Lagos Yoruba Need To Know About Lagos. by oduastates: 1:02pm On Aug 15, 2016
Nope
I will have to agree that Lagos is shitty today because of one Nigeria.
The influx of people brought the destruction of the serenity of Lagos, the peace,the decimation of her liberal values, the lowering of her IQ and more
Give me the lagos of the 1920's anytime.

The worst say in our yoruba history( 3rd picture shows the day we were amalgamated)

4th : idumagbo in 1910.

Blast from the past from intellectual yorubas not taking shit from the colonial which also show that yorubaland looks towards the western coast of africa.(1910)

While travel was sometimes a locus of racial and social inequality—the newspapers reported, for instance, on a case in which Lagosians were forced into lower class train carriages to make way for Europeans travel also enabled Lagosians to build alternative or parallel networks, circumventing colonial spheres of influence. New opportunities for fast and comfortable travel helped develop existing connections across the West African coast, so that coastal towns in Sierra Leone, Liberia, yorubaland and the Gold Coast were often tied politically and intellectually more closely to each other than to their respective hinterlands . Newspaper editors and writers from across the West African coast met, circulated each other’s newspapers, reprinted and quoted one another and reported each other’s travels

9 Likes

Re: What Lagos Yoruba Need To Know About Lagos. by oduastates: 1:11pm On Aug 15, 2016
obongtunji:

Your post doesn't make sense at all. Assuming south-west has a country of its own, does that mean Diamondback, First Bank, GTB and e.t.c will close down there operations in the south-west?
Does that mean Dangote will stop the ongoing refinery? And as well close down it industries in Lagos?
You mean Erisco Foods limited will shut it's operation after using millions of naira to establish it's Tomato processing factory?
You all those factories in Lagos will just close down? So you mean ship will no longer offload at the Lagos seaport but will rather offload at river Kaduna seaport and Imo river seaport?
Believe me you need a heavy slap that will send your brain to factory setting because I don't think you understand what you have just typed.

Honestly speaking an independent yorubaland does not need those kind of investments in lagos. We simply need to go back to one factory towns and settlements like it used to be. Manufacturing is for the hinterlands.

Lagos and most of our coastline in Ijebuland,Ilaje and our cousins in Itsekiri land are ripe for tourism.
The reason why it is not feasible right now is the elephant in the room.
That elephant is NIGERIA with her Boko-haram, Islamic fundamentalism, Militants,Kidnappers and the general intolerance for the liberal values of the children of Oduduwa

8 Likes

Re: What Lagos Yoruba Need To Know About Lagos. by yanshDoctor: 1:52pm On Aug 15, 2016
obongtunji:

and you think you .made sense? which market are they building the refinery and factories for? south south or south east? you need to think again. and besides ondo is not part of that nation.

1 Like

Re: What Lagos Yoruba Need To Know About Lagos. by ba7man(m): 1:58pm On Aug 15, 2016
They think everyone will follow them down to Biafra. cheesy cheesy cheesy

A country where people speaking the same language still still practice division amongst themselves and have a slave caste??

Goodluck with that. cheesy

10 Likes

Re: What Lagos Yoruba Need To Know About Lagos. by yanshDoctor: 2:00pm On Aug 15, 2016
oduastates:

Honestly speaking an independent yorubaland does not need those kind of investments in lagos. We simply need to go back to one factory towns and settlements like it used to be. Manufacturing is for the hinterlands.

Lagos and most of our coastline in Ijebuland,Ilaje and our cousins in Itsekiri land are ripe for tourism.
The reason why it is not feasible right now is the elephant in the room.
That elephant is NIGERIA with her Boko-haram, Islamic fundamentalism, Militants,Kidnappers and the general intolerance for the liberal values of the children of Oduduwa

Lagos was develop with Niger Delta oil. its now very clear to us all. now we decide to back our oil. the whole country is own it knees. and yet you guys don't respect the contribution so far from the Niger Delta. by the time we declared Niger Delta nation. Lagos economy will be grounded.

4 Likes

Re: What Lagos Yoruba Need To Know About Lagos. by bakynes(m): 2:02pm On Aug 15, 2016
yanshDoctor:
Lagos is what it is today because of the one Nigeria and emergence of deferent ethic group that flood Lagos. this has opened of the economic heavy weight of Lagos and why many companies choose it for it headquarters.

let me tell you something, from the day this so called one Nigeria will end. Lagos is in doomed.

the city will no longer boom as it is today. many investment will be move away from Lagos and other part of the country will closed it border against Lagos.

the sea port activities will be crumbled and the airports must likely closed down or port of it shut down for low economic activity.

little by little it that city with old glory will lost it economic activities and probably crippled to it knees so watched out and be careful.

You see why you can never claim Lagos as No man's land. You dont even connect with the city spiritually, you dont wants her progress but you want her downfall.

If one Nigeria breaks up, does that mean people will stop coming to Yorubaland through the Lagos Airport or the ships will stop coming to the sea port.

Every city cannot last forever like someone mentioned. Great cities of Old have all come and gone so most likely Lagos too will be like that some day so you are just a kid who knows nothing but hate and jealousy.

6 Likes

Re: What Lagos Yoruba Need To Know About Lagos. by yanshDoctor: 2:09pm On Aug 15, 2016
jealous for what? when our oil was used to build Lagos and abuja from scratch. you see reasons why we want to control our oil. let all state fed itself and let see whose city will survived. why are u guys afraid to stay on una own. ungrateful people after all our land contribute to west and north.

bakynes:

You see why you can never claim Lagos as No man's land. You dont even connect with the city spiritually, you dont wants her progress but you want her downfall.

If one Nigeria breaks up, does that mean people will stop coming to Yorubaland through the Lagos Airport or the ships will stop coming to the sea port.

Every city cannot last forever like someone mentioned. Great cities of Old have all come and gone so most likely Lagos too will be like that some day so you are just a kid who knows nothing but hate and jealousy.

4 Likes

Re: What Lagos Yoruba Need To Know About Lagos. by bakynes(m): 2:10pm On Aug 15, 2016
yanshDoctor:

Lagos was develop with Niger Delta oil. its now very clear to us all. now we decide to back our oil. the whole country is own it knees. and yet you guys don't respect the contribution so far from the Niger Delta. by the time we declared Niger Delta nation. Lagos economy will be grounded.

You are truly a kid, Lagos has always been standing pre-colonial era and post colonial era and will continue to stand many more centuries from today. Your Niger-Delta Oil was only discovered in the 60's and Lagos has been a big city long before your so called oil and lagos doesnt live by your oil. That has been demonstrated by OBJ stopping allocation to lagos because of his war with Tinubu. All the investments in Lagos during this low oil price era has not come from your oil. Besides Lagos now produces oil to a reasonable extent.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Lagos Yoruba Need To Know About Lagos. by yanshDoctor: 2:15pm On Aug 15, 2016
the economy of Nigeria depend soly on Niger Delta oil. which Lagos benefit most from. if Nigeria splits good buy to Lagos economy.

bakynes:

You are truly a kid, Lagos has always been standing pre-colonial era and post colonial era and will continue to stand many more centuries from today. Your Niger-Delta Oil was only discovered in the 60's and Lagos has been a big city long before your so called oil and lagos doesnt live by your oil. That has been demonstrated by OBJ stopping allocation to lagos because of his war with Tinubu. All the investments in Lagos during this low oil price era has not come from your oil. Besides Lagos now produces oil to a reasonable extent.

1 Like

Re: What Lagos Yoruba Need To Know About Lagos. by bakynes(m): 2:15pm On Aug 15, 2016
yanshDoctor:
jealous for what? when our oil was used to build Lagos and abuja from scratch. you see reasons why we want to control our oil. let all state fed itself and let see whose city will survived. why are u guys afraid to stay on una own. ungrateful people after all our land contribute to west and north.

Yes Abuja was built with oil money from scratch but not Lagos. Lagos has been a great city from the colonial period before the discovery of oil in the late 60's .I really dont have time debating with a kid.

6 Likes

Re: What Lagos Yoruba Need To Know About Lagos. by Sctests: 2:27pm On Aug 15, 2016
yanshDoctor:

My brother, you don't need to speak much turenci. Just take a look at porto novo, another yoruba coastal city and compare it with lagos.
yorubas can deny 1 million times we all know lagos is the way it is because of crude oil spent on developing it for more than 3 decades as capital and beyond.

3 Likes

Re: What Lagos Yoruba Need To Know About Lagos. by Noneroone(m): 2:43pm On Aug 15, 2016
obongtunji:

sorry you are the one whose write-up is absolutely senseless and even your brothers know. Lagos will recieve a huge blow if we revert to regionalism not to talk of the end of nigeria. Lets view it this way If nigeria ends. The suceeding countries will make their laws, develop economic infrastructure like seaports, airports and power supply, develop monetary policy and impose import taxes all in a bid to develop local economy. Biafra for instance will open portharcourt port and onitsha seaport. Open the airport in Enugu and ph and concession them. With that it will be cheaper for businessmen and industralists to establish their base in the new country. Right now lagos is booming b'cos the host country used the resources and political power to favour it at the detriment of other regions and cities, leaving only lagos port running and lagos airport busy, forcing pple in another region to go and invest in lagos. They dont care if it affect the overall development of the country so long as they attend their political objective. All those bank and factories u're mentioning will gradually close dont in event of seperation 'cos no bank sites headquarters in another country, unless u're gonna boast with the empty building. Pls dont pretend u dont know wats keeping lagos. Op said the truth.

6 Likes

Re: What Lagos Yoruba Need To Know About Lagos. by yanshDoctor: 2:45pm On Aug 15, 2016
bakynes:

Yes Abuja was built with oil money from scratch but not Lagos. Lagos has been a great city from the colonial period before the discovery of oil in the late 60's .I really dont have time debating with a kid.
you are the kid here. Lagos was capital for some decades and developed with oil money before it was move to abuja.

1 Like

Re: What Lagos Yoruba Need To Know About Lagos. by emerged01(m): 3:04pm On Aug 15, 2016
This is highest degree of bitterness!

4 Likes

Re: What Lagos Yoruba Need To Know About Lagos. by Rayhutar(m): 3:10pm On Aug 15, 2016
Noneroone:
You said it all, don't mind the pretender's , why are they too afraid of Biafra, even London is staggering now as a result of possible economic pull out of EU. Can you Imaging what will happen to Lagos if the SS and SE have its own economic policy, have their own Embassies, sea port,international Airport, what will remain of Lagos is empty houses and empty street, They know all this,that is why they are forcing one Naija down the throat of everybody but it wount last forever, one day monkey go go market and I no go return.

6 Likes

Re: What Lagos Yoruba Need To Know About Lagos. by oduastates: 3:15pm On Aug 15, 2016
yanshDoctor:

Lagos was not developed with Niger delta oil.
1910 lagos when most tribes were still running around naked in the bushes

This is not London. This is lagos with 24hrs electricity, telephone lines,trams and water all paid for by the tax payers of yorubaland ( most especially the egbas, ijebu,Brazilian returnees and traders from within the yoruba hinterland.

If only time travel exist. Postcard perfect

7 Likes

Re: What Lagos Yoruba Need To Know About Lagos. by RockHard: 3:16pm On Aug 15, 2016
Chai! See as these yigbo people just dey spit bile and bitterness all over this thread. Their HATRED for Lagos no get part 2, yet they refuse to relocate to their villages so that they can watch their threats and fantasies come to fruition. Odiegwu o. This kind bitterness is more deadly and poisonous than cancerous cells. Haters beware, lest you die prematurely over Lagos matter. smh.

5 Likes

Re: What Lagos Yoruba Need To Know About Lagos. by ManMountain(m): 3:22pm On Aug 15, 2016
yanshDoctor:

the economy of Nigeria depend [size=15pt]soly[/size] on Niger Delta oil. which Lagos benefit most from. if Nigeria splits good [size=15pt]buy[/size] to Lagos economy.

Why are people arguing with a person with this type of IQ?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Lagos Yoruba Need To Know About Lagos. by koralink: 3:22pm On Aug 15, 2016
Are these your wishes for Lagos? My advice for you is to try to check your blood pressure regularly as it is harmful to nurse hatred One delightful thing however is that you agree that Lagos is somebody' land unlike your ealier erroneous belief that Lagos is "no-man's-land".

4 Likes

Re: What Lagos Yoruba Need To Know About Lagos. by ManMountain(m): 3:24pm On Aug 15, 2016
emerged01:
This is highest degree of bitterness!

.....but the stealth lion does. grin wink

1 Like

Re: What Lagos Yoruba Need To Know About Lagos. by Rayhutar(m): 3:26pm On Aug 15, 2016
oduastates:
Nope
I will have to agree that Lagos is shitty today because of one Nigeria.
The influx of people brought the destruction of the serenity of Lagos, the peace,the decimation of her liberal values, the lowering of her IQ and more
Give me the lagos of the 1920's anytime
It is obvious that you don't know much about Lagos. Before the coming of White colonizers, Lagos was a colony of Bini empire, so the influx of people to lagos stated way back before 1920, the British took over Lagos from Binis after defeating them in a battle and stated developing it from 1845 to 1960. The FG continue from the white with oil boom of 1970's till 90's when capital was moved to Abuja. Lagos still receive the highest allocation from ND oil sales.
Re: What Lagos Yoruba Need To Know About Lagos. by ManMountain(m): 3:26pm On Aug 15, 2016
koralink:
Are these your wishes for Lagos? My advice for you is to try to check your blood pressure regularly as it is harmful to nurse hatred One delightful thing however is that you agree that Lagos is somebody' land unlike your ealier erroneous belief that Lagos is "no-man's-land".

Hate what you can't have. That is Igbos for you.
They've always dream of the day Lagos will crumble, right from Ojukwu, it is always their desire to see a poor Lagos.
To them, the bragging right of the Yorubas will end the day Lagos is no more. But that will be in the dreams of their generations till the world ends.

4 Likes

Re: What Lagos Yoruba Need To Know About Lagos. by ManMountain(m): 3:29pm On Aug 15, 2016
Rayhutar:

It is obvious that don't know much about Lagos. Before the coming of White colonizers Lagos was a colony of Bini empire, so the influx of people stated way back before 1920, the British too Lagos from Binis and stated developing it from 1845 to 1960. The FG continue from the white with oil boom of 1970's till 90's when capital was moved to Abuja. Lagos still receive the highest allocation from ND oil sales.

You are smoking expired Indian Hemp

5 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

116,623 Cases Pending In Federal High Courts - Chief Judge John Tsoho / I Head A Rumour That Tinubu's Enemy Is Late / Kaduna Youths Wash Off Tinubu’s Footprints, Burn Brooms After APC Failed Rally

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.