Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,069 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:55 AM

Dear Seun - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Dear Seun (647 Views)

Dear Seun, Is It Mrs Nairaland Or Miss Nairaland(screenshots) / Dear Seun , Can We Have A 'save' Feature On Nairaland / Dear Seun Osewa;a Nairalander Writes.......... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dear Seun by Fairytales: 1:01pm On Aug 15, 2016
When does the violation of rule 2 ever justify a 5-6 months ban?

Last week two willing and happy e-brawlers gleefully took to the ring to exchange punches to generate traffic on a dead thread that was avoided like the plague here:

https://www.nairaland.com/3282150/bibliophobia-moribund-art-reading/4#48425469

Yet a mod who was supposed to be an umpire lashed out a 5-6 month's ban for rule 2 against the non-aggressor, lezz while the aggressor and known troll saintsamurai, gets a one week ban.

It of note to say lezz, who is the victim of this
vindictive ban has made an official complaint by mail to the super mods but has not received any correspondence in rebuke or redress.... none whatsoever.

It behooves to ask, don't bans like these portray the office of the Moderators as biased, vindictive, personal and vengeful? Especially as it is a forum wide ban.

Not withstanding the fact that lezz was provoked and lured into the fight. And one keeps wondering why alternates are scattered all over the forum.

Mr. Seun I don't know if you gave your mods guidelines on the length of bans to implement, or if it is left to their discretions ,but I know tribal insults, genocide endorsement and threat to the existence of Nairaland carry lengthy bans, not rule 2 which is bullying and insulting fellow nairalander.

A quick look at lezz's profile will show he's a thread-creator and debater and only trolls when pushed as was the case that happened here that occasioned a 5/6 months forum-wide ban.

Thank you.

This piece isn't written to protest the ban but the length of the ban which portrays a vindictive and punitive act rather than correctional.

14 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Dear Seun by postmann: 1:39pm On Aug 15, 2016
Fairytales:
When does the violation of rule 2 ever justify a 5-6 months ban?

Last week two willing and happy e-brawlers gleefully took to the ring to exchange punches to generate traffic on a dead thread that was avoided like the plague here:

https://www.nairaland.com/3282150/bibliophobia-moribund-art-reading/4#48425469

Yet a mod who was supposed to be an umpire lashed out a 5-6 month's ban for rule 2 against the non-aggressor, lezz while the aggressor and known troll saintsamurai, gets a one week ban.

It of note to say lezz, who is the victim of this
vindictive ban has made an official complaint by mail to the super mods but has not received any correspondence in rebuke or redress.... none whatsoever.

It behooves to ask, don't bans like these portray the office of the Moderators as biased, vindictive, personal and vengeful? Especially as it is a forum wide ban.

Not withstanding the fact that lezz was provoked and lured into the fight. And one keeps wondering why alternates are scattered all over the forum.

Mr. Seun I don't know if you gave your mods guidelines on the length of bans to implement, or if it is left to their discretions ,but I know tribal insults, genocide endorsement and threat to the existence of Nairaland carry lengthy bans, not rule 2 which is bullying and insulting fellow nairalander.

A quick look at lezz's profile will show he's a thread-creator and debator and only trolls when pushed as was the case that happened here that occasioned a 5/6 months forum-wide ban.

Thank you.

This piece isn't written to protest the ban but the length of the ban which portrays a vindictive and punitive act rather than correctional.

Seconded!

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dear Seun by Armanee: 2:06pm On Aug 15, 2016
Thirded.

The mods should be handed a ban guide for all rules to ensure transparency and fairness since its obvious we cannot rely on their unbiased judgement.

Thank you.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dear Seun by joseph1832(m): 2:26pm On Aug 15, 2016
Cc: Seun.

2 Likes

Re: Dear Seun by AbroadBabe(f): 2:34pm On Aug 15, 2016
Seun pls do something about this.
Caution ur mod.

Haba ..6 months ban

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dear Seun by Polyestar(m): 5:28pm On Aug 15, 2016
Till December! Tamuno!!! shocked shocked shocked

There is only one moderator I know who gives such ridiculously lengthy bans. But I wouldn't dare mention his name, otherwise he'd ban me till April, 2017.
God pass una o!

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dear Seun by Armanee: 7:32pm On Aug 15, 2016
Didn't Seun come online today?
Re: Dear Seun by Imithea(f): 8:57pm On Aug 15, 2016
postmann:

Seconded!
Good evening! smiley

(1) (Reply)

Jaji Military Barrack Bombblast - Four Years Remembrance Of My Friends &victims / Top Ten [10] Movies You Must See This December / SO SAD: 2 Nigerian Students Drown In Malaysia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.