Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,834 members, 7,810,209 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:59 PM

Immigration Delaying My Passport In Lagos. Help Please, Is Nigeria This Bad? - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Immigration Delaying My Passport In Lagos. Help Please, Is Nigeria This Bad? (41366 Views)

Lady Appeals To Canada To Reduce Skilled Immigration Approval For Nigerians / Nigeria Immigration Receives 50,000 Passport Booklets, Task Force Sent To Lagos / Nigerians In India Deported As Immigration Officers Break Into Homes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Immigration Delaying My Passport In Lagos. Help Please, Is Nigeria This Bad? by Nobody: 6:39am On Aug 16, 2016
Paid 40k just last week at their ikeja office,came out the next day.yes,it more than the usual amount but what options does one have?if u pay d regular amount 2 to 3 months it won't come out and this is a passport that is needed this week.the ugly truth is that in naija...u have to part with extra to save your self some stress and headache.
By the way in their ottawa office,this same passport is ready in less than 3 hours without paying extra at all back home is a different story.
Re: Immigration Delaying My Passport In Lagos. Help Please, Is Nigeria This Bad? by brainhgeek(m): 7:27am On Aug 16, 2016
I doubt you went through the normal channel. I did my passport in Abuja and got it same day without extra charges
Re: Immigration Delaying My Passport In Lagos. Help Please, Is Nigeria This Bad? by Lovelynature(m): 8:13am On Aug 16, 2016
whitebeard:
hope nothing.. pls stop posting this shit and get busy
hey, what's your problem huh? Is it wrong to air one's opinion? FYI, I'm busily employed. And you can submit your CV if you like
Re: Immigration Delaying My Passport In Lagos. Help Please, Is Nigeria This Bad? by omogidi234(m): 8:24am On Aug 16, 2016
LaRochelle:
To answer your question, Nigeria is that bad and is even worse than you think. I applied for National ID card in October 2014. Up till now, it is not yet ready. They keep saying I should check one useless website, which, in my opinion, has been programmed to say it's not yet ready.

One of my colleagues, who claims to be a realist, says that using money to get what you want is the fastest way. Meet one top officer, explain your plight and watch your passport appear in one week!

Well, let me support you on the issue of the ID card. Mine was in 2013. I didn't even know it was such a long time until I saw the acknowledgement. That Website you mentioned, I have input my refence several times without a positive response.
Re: Immigration Delaying My Passport In Lagos. Help Please, Is Nigeria This Bad? by figure007(m): 10:20am On Aug 16, 2016
Trendy247:
Lolz... Y will u pay 28k for a passport, somtin u can even get for N300 (16 copies)... wait n take for dat matter.
his talking about international passport and not passport fotograph na...lolzz ...are you from pluto?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Immigration Delaying My Passport In Lagos. Help Please, Is Nigeria This Bad? by whitebeard(m): 10:48am On Aug 16, 2016
Lovelynature:
hey, what's your problem huh? Is it wrong to air one's opinion? FYI, I'm busily employed. And you can submit your CV if you like
so promoting that rubbish is one of the best things u can do in your busy life...united we stand divided we FALL...pity people nah..!! just giving people headache with all this rubbish...!!! can't u hear what NIGERIA is saying..she is saying she can't split and she won't split...and there is nothing u can do about it...!!!
Re: Immigration Delaying My Passport In Lagos. Help Please, Is Nigeria This Bad? by greatwhite(m): 11:36am On Aug 16, 2016
OP in my opinion I think it is wrong to bring down the name of an organization because you had an unpleasant experience with them. It might be due to you negligence/ignorance or the stupidity of the agent/officer/tout that helped you process the passport.

There are few reasons why your passport reissue could be delayed:

1. If it bothers on security issue. If you are wanted by other law enforcement agency. In this case you would never see you passport until you resolve your case.
2. If your new information negates the old one information in your new passport. Especially you name. The payment portal will not recognize your payment.
3. If your passport reissue is suppose to be done in abuja and your agent/tout told u not to worry. That it can be done in lagos. In this case you are on you own. Lost case, mutilated case, change or data, change of name for married couples can only be done in abuja as we speak.

OP passport processing is done online. You are not suppose to outsource it to anyone. You should do it yourself next time. Lastly if u payed 28k you already overpaid. The blame is on you OP. Check the link below for the true cost of the standard nigerian passport. And the right way to acquire it.

https://portal.immigration.gov.ng/pages/passportguidelines
Re: Immigration Delaying My Passport In Lagos. Help Please, Is Nigeria This Bad? by Lovelynature(m): 12:01pm On Aug 16, 2016
whitebeard:
so promoting that rubbish is one of the best things u can do in your busy life...united we stand divided we FALL...pity people nah..!! just giving people headache with all this rubbish...!!! can't u hear what NIGERIA is saying..she is saying she can't split and she won't split...and there is nothing u can do about it...!!!
one love bro. I have been an advocate of one love for long time now. Till recently when most people proved otherwise. I really love people and promote oneness. That's me, but most people around don't just get it let alone reciprocating. Anyways, all is well bro. One love
Re: Immigration Delaying My Passport In Lagos. Help Please, Is Nigeria This Bad? by olagold79: 1:32pm On Aug 16, 2016
ukelament:
Pray and commit to God. He will bypass protocols for you.

Ontop passport again abi, Nigerians can spiritualize everything. And what makes this a matter of protocol, if protocols were duly observed he wont be here on Nairaland. Maybe U wanted to sat God will bypass impunity and corruption for him.
Re: Immigration Delaying My Passport In Lagos. Help Please, Is Nigeria This Bad? by econity(m): 2:53pm On Aug 16, 2016
12Monkeys:
I am still yet to collect my permanent driver's liscence.

I have been using the Temporary one since November, 2015.

Dem talk say nah Buhari STA nah im refuse to release funds for them.

That is the problem afflicting Nigeia today because even in govt offices they run low on common stationaries because Buhari no gree release money.

If what you wrote here made sense to you then you're one of the problem facing this country.
Are you telling me that what they charged you is less than what is required to produce your drivers license? If it is not, are you telling me that the agency involve in producing your drivers license remitted the money you paid them to the federal government account as soon as you paid for it and are now waiting for federal government to give them money to produce your drivers license.
I pray you tell me any system in Nigeria that works that way.
Every thing is not about Buhari and Buhari is not the cause of every thing you are going through.

2 Likes

Re: Immigration Delaying My Passport In Lagos. Help Please, Is Nigeria This Bad? by whitebeard(m): 3:08pm On Aug 16, 2016
Lovelynature:
one love bro. I have been an advocate of one love for long time now. Till recently when most people proved otherwise. I really love people and promote oneness. That's me, but most people around don't just get it let alone reciprocating. Anyways, all is well bro. One love
I am sorry I was a little brash...let's grow our country together and fight for what's good for the mass (NIGERIA)...one love bro..thanks..!!!
Re: Immigration Delaying My Passport In Lagos. Help Please, Is Nigeria This Bad? by faithfancy: 8:23pm On Sep 22, 2016
brownlord1:
Renewed last month with 35k and got it same day, just pay them their money and save yourself the stress.
Thank you so much Brownlord, have tried several times to PM you but it wasn't successful. I know you may not like to be praise in the open but I have waited for weeks for you to reply the Nairaland PM i sent.. the only option I have is mention you in one of your post. Am very grateful for the help you've been showing a stranger like me in times like this, God will continually bless you, Sir.
Re: Immigration Delaying My Passport In Lagos. Help Please, Is Nigeria This Bad? by brownlord1: 1:32pm On Oct 15, 2016
faithfancy:
Thank you so much Brownlord, have tried several times to PM you but it wasn't successful. I know you may not like to be praise in the open but I have waited for weeks for you to reply the Nairaland PM i sent.. the only option I have is mention you in one of your post. Am very grateful for the help you've been showing a stranger like me in times like this, God will continually bless you, Sir.

Hi Faith, I saw your recent PM and even the previous one, but i don't respond to PM due to attitude of some forumites who will go the extra lent of invading your privacy just for the fact you don't agree with their opinion or share in their sentiment, especially on politics section. Your effort to reach me privately is appreciated.

You can drop your email and contact you. I don't log in on this account except when my main handle is under a ban.
Re: Immigration Delaying My Passport In Lagos. Help Please, Is Nigeria This Bad? by 3RNEST(m): 12:16am On Oct 16, 2016
Nigeria is badh, the baddo and the baddest grin
visit mp3badoo.com for Naija bad Music tongue
Chai...u self bad...lolzz can't stop laffing...u made my day...
Re: Immigration Delaying My Passport In Lagos. Help Please, Is Nigeria This Bad? by 3RNEST(m): 12:22am On Oct 16, 2016
Trendy247:
Lolz... Y will u pay 28k for a passport, somtin u can even get for N300 (16 copies)... wait n take for dat matter.
where on earth u generate from?? funniest moniker in NL 2016 u deserve it...lolzzz and still laffing..
Re: Immigration Delaying My Passport In Lagos. Help Please, Is Nigeria This Bad? by Nobody: 2:30am On Oct 16, 2016
Why Nigerian passports is valid for only 5 years and still so difficult to get is beyond me. Most foreign passports last 10 years and are very easy to obtain/renew. All I need do to renew a foreign passport is to go to my local post office or online, fill out a renewal form and the passport will be delivered to my doorstep within a week.

Naija own na war. I renewed mine for 23k in December last year at Festac office and got it same day. We know someone who works there and my family(both immediate and extended) have used her to get passports for years now. I applied in the morning and it was ready around 4pm that same day. I think it's the 32 page one though.

Just find someone else to "settle". You will get your passport SAME DAY
Re: Immigration Delaying My Passport In Lagos. Help Please, Is Nigeria This Bad? by Electroweb(m): 12:21pm On Oct 16, 2016
I applied for passport re-issue 32pg late last year. It took over two wks to get it meanwhile they said it will take three days. I had to cancel my flight ticket, hotel booking. It was a stressful time for me. An experience i dont like remembering.
Re: Immigration Delaying My Passport In Lagos. Help Please, Is Nigeria This Bad? by faithfancy: 11:13pm On Oct 30, 2016
brownlord1:

Hi Faith, I saw your recent PM and even the previous one, but i don't respond to PM due to attitude of some forumites who will go the extra lent of invading your privacy just for the fact you don't agree with their opinion or share in their sentiment, especially on politics section. Your effort to reach me privately is appreciated.

You can drop your email and contact you. I don't log in on this account except when my main handle is under a ban.
thanks for the reply am just seeing the mention now cos have been offline for some weeks now. This is my email: faithfancy1@gmail.com
Re: Immigration Delaying My Passport In Lagos. Help Please, Is Nigeria This Bad? by walebaddy69: 3:36am On Jul 13, 2017
aloziedaya:
Help Please, Is Nigeria This Bad?

Ieriously can't explain this. My Nigerian passport expired and I applied for reissue at the Nigerian Immigration Service in Lagos. On application the officers told me it will take 3 to 7 working days to be ready. I couldn't believe now that close to 2 months I'm yet to collect this passport. Anytime I go to the immigration office, they will just tell me that it is not yet ready, that I should continue trying my luck by checking often.
Please, what do I do? I need to travel with my passport.
I made the requested payment of N28,000.
I am really stranded here.
Re: Immigration Delaying My Passport In Lagos. Help Please, Is Nigeria This Bad? by walebaddy69: 3:44am On Jul 13, 2017
Yes the same thing is happening to me right now @ NIS Abeokuta I applied 4 Nigerian passport since April 2017 n is nt yet out any time I check dey keep telling me no booklet n dey only av sixty-four pages n nothing can b done unless I wait OK till wen am I going to wait,no 1 is able to answer my question so dis is terrible.
Re: Immigration Delaying My Passport In Lagos. Help Please, Is Nigeria This Bad? by Osgilliat(m): 8:03am On Jul 14, 2017
vancouverguy:
Paid 40k just last week at their ikeja office,came out the next day.yes,it more than the usual amount but what options does one have?if u pay d regular amount 2 to 3 months it won't come out and this is a passport that is needed this week.the ugly truth is that in naija...u have to part with extra to save your self some stress and headache.
By the way in their ottawa office,this same passport is ready in less than 3 hours without paying extra at all back home is a different story.

Hello. Please I will like to have the contact detail of that person that did your passport at Ikeja. I need the e- passport urgently, can't wait for long time.Have emailed you, please kindly reply. Thanks

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

FG Places Travel Restrictions On Ministers, Others / Lekki Conservation Centre LCC: An Overview Of The Longest Canopy Walk In Africa / Air Peace Introduces B737-800 New Generation Aircraft Into Its Operations(photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.