Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,981 members, 7,817,894 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:11 PM

3 BAD Trends For Atheists - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 3 BAD Trends For Atheists (5636 Views)

Questions For Atheists / What Christians Say When They Are Losing Arguments (For Atheists) / Question For Atheists (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

3 BAD Trends For Atheists by winner01(m): 11:24pm On Aug 15, 2016
Below are three BAD trends for atheism. The graphs are provided by Google trends.

The name of Ray Comfort's new movie which debunks atheism is Atheist Delusion.

Global searches for the term "Atheist delusion" -

Google trends

Interest over time. Web Search. Worldwide, Past 30 days.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/4111225_s30511481edit_png0aece37b014730e70aa221f419bd9364

Global searches for the term atheism -

Google trends

Interest over time. Web Search. Worldwide, 2004 - present.
www.nairaland.com/attachments/4111226_s17307482edit_pngeeea11163a30ad9248a80917b89538b8

Global searches for the term atheist -

Google trends

Interest over time. Web Search. Worldwide, 2004 - present.
www.nairaland.com/attachments/4111231_s21850483edit_pngd1f233b72df261f00d1151c0bd6c2770

The Atheist Delusion.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Awpzsi4YUHs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XfDhG2-ZM7I

It seems New Atheism is dead. The atheist movement is increasingly anemic.

YouTube atheist Thunderf00t said about the atheist movement after Reason Rally 2016 had a very low turnout:
I'm not sure there is anything in this movement worth saving. Hitchens is dead. Dawkins simply doesn't have the energy for this sort of thing anymore. Harris went his own way. And Dennett just kind of blended into the background. So what do you think when the largest gathering of the nonreligious in history pulls in... I don't know. Maybe 2,000 people. Is there anything worth saving?

In 2015, the atheist author Joshua Kelly wrote:
..since the death of Hitchens: angry atheism lost its most charismatic champion. Call it what you like: New Atheism, fire-brand atheism, etc., had a surge with the Four Horsemen in the middle of the last decade and in the last four years has generally peetered out to a kind that is more docile, politically correct, and even apologetic

For all intents and purposes, New Atheism is dead. And there will be no resurrection of New Atheism. And although militant atheism is hanging on in China, given the rapid growth of Christianity in China, It has been predicted to fall in China and then subsequently in Vietnam and North Korea.
So sometime in the 21st century militant atheism will be effectively dead as a force in the world.

Given: the current implosion of militant atheism; New Atheism dying and being replaced with milk toast atheism in the Western World; atheists/agnostics shrinking as a percentage of the world's population; the immigration of the religious into secular Europe (who are very often resistant to assimilation); and the pessimism of many atheists as far as the atheist movement; the efforts dedicated to combating atheism may seem needless.

Lately, the major news outlets have sparse reporting on the topic of atheism. And the few news stories they do have are often negative towards atheism or boring stories reporting on trivial matters. In short, "Atheism: The excitement is not raging."

There will be no glorious future battles in relation to atheism vs. religion, but rather a slow global attrition of the dying breed of atheists. This will be combined with a withering away of atheist influence in the media and the educational systems of the world.. The 21st century will be a horrible century for militant atheists and antitheists.

The growth of atheism in the twentieth century began with a bang due to the militant atheism associated with the Russian Revolution and the subsequent formation of the Soviet Union.
The decline of atheism will be death by a thousand cuts due to demographic changes in the global population.

In the 21st century, the rickety building of atheism won't be able to withstand the gale of the global resurgence of religion - especially the gusts of wind caused by the global growth of evangelical Christianity and the global growth of creationism.

"The trends that are happening worldwide inevitably in an age of globalization are going to affect us." - Professor Eric Kaufmann on global desecularization

This comes to no surprise. Atheism does not have the intellectual credentials needed in order to be rationally accepted by the educated and rational person. It proposes the non-existence of God without supplanting that claim with evidence - something they constantly request of theists.
Atheism lacks substance and is empty without a leaning towards religion, science, irreligion et al.

[url=combatingatheism..nl]Source[/url
[url=examiningatheism..com/]source[/url]

KingEbukasBlog, Richirich713, thoniameek, anas09, Tufanja, elantraceey, OLAADEGBU, KingEbukaNaija, ceeted, Chidexter, lezz, analice107, bxcode, Topeakintola, UyiIredia, Tellemall, vooks, Ishilove, sukkot, gatiano, mrpresident1, Drefan2, Strawman, dazzle101, lalasticlala, seun, Dejideji1, Farmerforlife, muafrika2, 4evergod2, udysweet, Edelweiss44, naijadeyhia

7 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 3 BAD Trends For Atheists by blessedvisky(m): 11:27pm On Aug 15, 2016
Hmm.
Re: 3 BAD Trends For Atheists by braithwaite(m): 11:37pm On Aug 15, 2016

undecided..Don't kill yourself bro.. Jesus sef wey una claim sey die for una sin ..no do all this oo..

Nyt..

Re: 3 BAD Trends For Atheists by 4kings: 11:38pm On Aug 15, 2016
True
But IRRELIGION is growing. grin grin
Re: 3 BAD Trends For Atheists by honourhim: 11:42pm On Aug 15, 2016
True. Its even declining in nairaland. i remember some yeas back here, threads of people declaring for atheism were springing up here frequently but today we have started seeing threads of people returning back to God. Even some other atheists who are posing as if they cant change their stand are just deceiving themselves. In their heart they truly know that their no-God stand is quite stupld but the shame of admitting it openly makes them to still pretend as if they are atheists.

7 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 3 BAD Trends For Atheists by Nobody: 11:48pm On Aug 15, 2016
I completely agree with this.

'It proposes the non-existence of God without supplanting that claim with evidence-something they constantly request of theists'.

I prefer to be a free thinker or agnostic than atheist. Atheism like Theism closes every other door. I don't want to be found within such box.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 3 BAD Trends For Atheists by winner01(m): 11:49pm On Aug 15, 2016
honourhim:
True. Its even declining in nairaland. i remember some yeas back here, threads of people declaring for atheism were springing up here frequently but today we have started seeing threads of people returning back to God. Even some other atheists who are posing as if they cant change their stand are just deceiving themselves. In their heart they truly know that their no-God stand is quite stupld but the shame of admitting it openly makes them to still pretend as if they are atheists.
Lol. The trend is changing my brother. The harvest is ripe. Praise be to God.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 3 BAD Trends For Atheists by winner01(m): 11:52pm On Aug 15, 2016
Reyginus:
I completely agree with this.

'It proposes the non-existence of God without supplanting that claim with evidence-something they constantly request of theists'.

I prefer to be a free thinker or agnostic than atheist. Atheism like Theism closes every other door. I don't want to be found within such box.
Lol. Not bad bro. But keep an open-mind. I pray God reveals Himself to you. Amen.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 3 BAD Trends For Atheists by honourhim: 11:54pm On Aug 15, 2016
4kings:
True

What is actually increasing is that people are now seeking for personal relationship with God rather than relating with him through a pastor. Christianity encourages personal relationship with God. Its just that some people hijacked it for merchandise. I pity the average african church goer who plays mumu to his pastor. Pastor asks a man to lie down, the man lies down with his suit. Pastor starts marching on top of him and you will see the mumu african church members clapping and shouting halleluyah, ride on pastor. Then the yeye church band will be beating their useless drum and playing their silly guitar and keyboard to back up the stupldity that pastor is displaying. People's eyes are beginning to open these days.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 3 BAD Trends For Atheists by honourhim: 11:57pm On Aug 15, 2016
winner01:
Lol. The trend is changing my brother. The harvest is ripe. Praise be to God.

Yes o my brother. The gates of hell shall not prevail.

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 3 BAD Trends For Atheists by winner01(m): 12:00am On Aug 16, 2016
4kings:
True
Lol, read the last sentence in the oP, you dint have to lean on irreligion na. If I was brought a questionaire and asked to tick:
- Religious
- Not religious

Ill tick not religious cos i'm not. You grab?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 3 BAD Trends For Atheists by KingEbukasBlog(m): 12:03am On Aug 16, 2016
Excellent job yet again bro . Thanks for this thread .

God is the Greatest

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 3 BAD Trends For Atheists by 4kings: 12:07am On Aug 16, 2016
honourhim:

What is actually increasing is that people are now seeking for personal relationship with God rather than relating with him through a pastor. Christianity encourages personal relationship with God. Its just that some people hijacked it for merchandise. I pity the average african church goer who plays mumu to his pastor. Pastor asks a man to lie down, the man lies down with his suit. Pastor starts marching on top of him and you will see the mumu african church members clapping and shouting halleluyah, ride on pastor. Then the yeye church band will be beating their useless drum and playing their silly guitar and keyboard to back up the stupldity that pastor is displaying. People's eyes are beginning to open these days.
Gnosticism also encourage personal relationship with God, and the ideology behind it is more logical, so we should be expecting an influx in Gnosticism. undecided

Irreligion has been growing since the days of Socrates, now the internet will aid it gigantic push. grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 3 BAD Trends For Atheists by KingEbukasBlog(m): 12:09am On Aug 16, 2016
Atheismus ergo est mortuus

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 3 BAD Trends For Atheists by winner01(m): 12:10am On Aug 16, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:
Excellent job yet again bro . Thanks for this thread .

God is the Greatest
Thanks Bro.
Re: 3 BAD Trends For Atheists by Nobody: 12:11am On Aug 16, 2016
honourhim:

What is actually increasing is that people are now seeking for personal relationship with God rather than relating with him through a pastor. People's eyes are beginning to open these days.
Yeah. I agree with this.
Re: 3 BAD Trends For Atheists by winner01(m): 12:15am On Aug 16, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:
Atheismus ergo est mortuus
Lol, na so my brother. Na procession hymn remain grin

Re: 3 BAD Trends For Atheists by 4kings: 12:24am On Aug 16, 2016
winner01:
Lol, read the last sentence in the oP, you dint have to lean on irreligion na. If I was brought a questionaire and asked to tick:
- Religious
- Not religious

Ill tick not religious cos i'm not. You grab?
@your meme, Jesus is the centre of ur religion, therefore u are very religious.

A muslim could also say only Muhammad will save you.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 3 BAD Trends For Atheists by winner01(m): 12:59am On Aug 16, 2016
4kings:

@your meme, Jesus is the centre of ur religion, therefore u are very religious.

A muslim could also say only Muhammad will save you.
Religion rejected Jesus on Earth.

1 Like

Re: 3 BAD Trends For Atheists by 4kings: 1:32am On Aug 16, 2016
winner01:
Religion rejected Jesus on Earth.
People with seemingly wrong religious beliefs rejected Jesus, then Jesus brought a new religion(Christianity), and even told his disciples to go and spread the message(mathew28:19)
Jesus is the centre of the Christian 'Religion'.

BTW Gnostics also teaches personal relationship, no difference from your meme. tongue

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 3 BAD Trends For Atheists by onetrack(m): 5:24am On Aug 16, 2016
The idea that atheism is declining in popularity is irrelevant to me (if it's even true), since I am in a country of 99% believers. If I cared about being part of a crowd I would never be an atheist in the first place. I am atheist for other reasons.
Re: 3 BAD Trends For Atheists by FearGodAndLive: 6:16am On Aug 16, 2016
Never seen a Christian who evangelizes atheism so well. He's gonna open at least 8 more atheist threads before the week runs out.

Kudos. Make this ya habit no kill you. grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 3 BAD Trends For Atheists by menesheh(m): 7:56am On Aug 16, 2016
This is the same as saying "disbelief in Allah is dead" afterall most people still don't give a damn about allah. It is freaking "not yet believing" because of lack sound and logical reasons filled with valid evidence, not an ideology. Until the time there is sufficient backups.

The truth of the matter is that one can choose to believe or disbelieve whatever ideology, or even switch from one ideology to another by being convinced about its claims.

The more the ignorance, the more the blind belief in irrational stuffs increases. Most people that are convinced of the implausibility of a god or gods are tired of doing some vapid exercise of trying to envoke thinking and reasoning impulses to obstinate fellows who are deeply trapped in various forms of mythical beliefs.

The opposite is remotely the case for disbelief in god against what the OP is inferring.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 3 BAD Trends For Atheists by winner01(m): 9:01am On Aug 16, 2016
onetrack:
The idea that atheism is declining in popularity is irrelevant to me (if it's even true), since I am in a country of 99% believers. If I cared about being part of a crowd I would never be an atheist in the first place. I am atheist for other reasons.
What other reasons if I may ask?
Re: 3 BAD Trends For Atheists by winner01(m): 9:06am On Aug 16, 2016
FearGodAndLive:
Never seen a Christian who evangelizes atheism so well. He's gonna open at least 8 more atheist threads before the week runs out.

Kudos. Make this ya habit no kill you. grin
Lol.
I wish I could grin
Do you want me to stop? grin.
Re: 3 BAD Trends For Atheists by winner01(m): 9:08am On Aug 16, 2016
menesheh:
This is the same as saying "disbelief in Allah is dead" afterall most people still don't give a damn about allah. It is freaking "not yet believing" because of lack sound logical reasons filled with valid evidence, not an ideology. Until the time there is sufficient backups.

The truth of the matter is that one can choose to believe or disbelieve whatever ideology, or even switch from one ideology to another by being convinced about its claims.

The more the ignorance, the more the blind belief in irrational stuffs increases. Most people that are convinced of the implausibility of a god or gods are tired of doing some vapid exercise of trying to envoke thinking and reasoning impulses to obstinate fellows who are deeply trapped in various forms of mythical beliefs.

The opposite is remotely the case for disbelief in god against what the OP is inferring.
Lol. So you still dey? Good to hear from you again.
btw what are you trying to salvage.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 3 BAD Trends For Atheists by winner01(m): 9:15am On Aug 16, 2016
4kings:

People with seemingly wrong religious beliefs rejected Jesus, then Jesus brought a new religion(Christianity), and even told his disciples to go and spread the message(mathew28:19)
Jesus is the centre of the Christian 'Religion'.

BTW Gnostics also teaches personal relationship, no difference from your meme. tongue
No naa, you're mixing things up

Hear what Jesus said:

"I have come so that they may have life and have it in abundance"

"I Am the Way, the Truth and the life"

Choose life my friend so that you might live. Remember that God loves you always, He created you and wants to have a relationship with you.

Please dont rubbish such a great oppourtunity, Bless you.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 3 BAD Trends For Atheists by FearGodAndLive: 9:34am On Aug 16, 2016
winner01:
Lol.
I wish I could grin
Do you want me to stop? grin.

Na. I can't stop you from wasting your time.
Re: 3 BAD Trends For Atheists by hahn(m): 10:15am On Aug 16, 2016
Yay!

Christians have won!

Where the party @? grin

1 Like

Re: 3 BAD Trends For Atheists by 4kings: 10:54am On Aug 16, 2016
winner01:
No naa, you're mixing things up

Hear what Jesus said:

"I have come so that they may have life and have it in abundance"
"I Am the Way, the Truth and the life"

Choose life my friend so that you might live. Remember that God loves you always, He created you and wants to have a relationship with you.

Please dont rubbish such a great oppourtunity, Bless you.

Every other religion claims they are the Way and Truth.
What would you suggest one to do in order to distinguish the True Way and the Wrong way?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 3 BAD Trends For Atheists by winner01(m): 11:09am On Aug 16, 2016
4kings:

Every other religion claims they are the Way and Truth.
What would you suggest one to do in order to distinguish the True Way and the Wrong way?
Its difficult to totally convince people everywhere which is the true way or not. But we can go into the world and preach the gospel like Jesus said, we can reflect the love of God to other people, and offer them the peace and hope of Christ Jesus.
The world will be a better ppace if we all Just love our neighbours as ourselves as Christ commanded dont you think?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 3 BAD Trends For Atheists by Nobody: 11:14am On Aug 16, 2016
We just have to let our atheistic friends be brother, we just have to give them a reason to believe.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Please Help A Confused Nairalander Before It's Too Late / Witchcraft Manipulations? / Lent Begins On Wednesday February 22 With Ash Wednesday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.