Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,662 members, 7,809,503 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:39 AM

Albert Einstein Did Not Believe In God! - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Albert Einstein Did Not Believe In God! (8016 Views)

Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses Not Believe In Miracles? / Albert Einstein Is Wiser Than God / Ese Walter Denounces Jesus, Says She No Longer Believes In God (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Albert Einstein Did Not Believe In God! by Nobody: 1:07am On Aug 18, 2016
freecocoa:
Best to ask questions when you don't know.

Hmmmm. Look at the photo attached.

Re: Albert Einstein Did Not Believe In God! by freecocoa(f): 1:28am On Aug 18, 2016
darkenedrebel:

Hmmmm. Look at the photo attached.
What does that have to do with anything? I was referring to being called "Confusionists" not denying I said I'm agnostic atheist.

Ask questions if you don't understand the term.
Re: Albert Einstein Did Not Believe In God! by Pdizzle(m): 1:32am On Aug 18, 2016
darkenedrebel:

This is what wikipedia has to say about Prof. Wande Abimbola: Wándé Abímbọ́lá is a Nigerian academician, a professor of Yoruba language and literature, and former Vice-Chancellor of the University of Ife, and has also served as the Majority Leader of the Senate of the Federal Republic of Nigeria

Does a man with this kind of academic repute come across to you as your regular juju man? grin

Yemi Elebuibon is an ifa priest. Ifa priests are diviners—the bridge between Orun and Aye—. And they usually have no need for Kanako. Such charms are used by worshippers of the darker gods.

And I don't think Yemi Elebuibon has anything to prove to anyone. It's not like they are trying to proselytize anyone.

If you know about Kanako and its purported side effects then why would still ask why it hasn't supplanted modern means of transportation or made transportation in Africa easier?

@bolded___That's like saying why are miracles never wrought when the cameras are rolling. Ridiculous.

How does sending your kid to school to become lawyers and doctors a sign that their deities don't work for them? And how is poverty a sign that their deities don't work for them?

@emboldened__that's idle talk for idle minds. Whoever believes in such needs a MRI scan. I think deities would have better things to do than dabbling in sports. Don't believe every crap you hear on the grapevine. I grew up hearing stories about how India beat Nigeria 100-0 in a football match and how they played without boots, and how they made the ball turn into ghouls and lions in order to scare off our goalie. Any Nigerian kid that had a colourful childhood must have heard this as well, does that make it true? grin

Maybe their deities have Fotografizophobia i.e fear of getting photographed. grin

Lol, do you know what Araba means? That's his rank. Wande Abimbola is a pure babalawo, he even had this interview where he said he gets invited for divination outside the country and his nickname in ife was Baba Ifa. Ask any ifa worshipper who Wande is.

What do you mean darker gods, no god can be darker than esu in ATR and ifa priests gives him his accolade ;
Esu laalu ogirioko
Olominile fejewe
O belekun sunkun keru o belekun grin.
ATR is polytheism, they take into cognizance the 201 deities.

No one is talking about Nigeria India rubbish, voodoo is used in African football till date, I've read about it with first hand account from player and coaches. There was a time Nigeria went to play and pigeon blood was all over dressing room and the coach told them not to enter. Even the famous Nigeria Senegal incident comes to mind. Taribo came out about it recently and Oliseh complained of it. Mali chief priest boasted of it on TV.

Any diety wey dey fear camera never sabi him work.
Re: Albert Einstein Did Not Believe In God! by Nobody: 1:33am On Aug 18, 2016
freecocoa:
What does that have to do with anything? I was referring to being called "Confusionists" not denying I said I'm agnostic atheist.

I wasn't referring to you as a confusionist. When I quoted Rëyginus and said that it was only to mock Pdizzlë.

Why are you so serious nowadays? undecided
Re: Albert Einstein Did Not Believe In God! by freecocoa(f): 1:40am On Aug 18, 2016
darkenedrebel:

I wasn't referring to you as a confusionist. When I quoted Rëyginus and said that it was only to mock Pdizzlë.

Why are you so serious nowadays? undecided
You were agreeing with whoever on agnostic atheists not knowing what they claim to be all about, citing me as one of such persons, what's that?

Didn't realise I was unserious before.
Re: Albert Einstein Did Not Believe In God! by malvisguy212: 9:40am On Aug 18, 2016
freecocoa:

keep on deceiving yourself, given yourself name, agnostic atheist,agnostic etc. One fact remain, All you guys behave the same way, one Agender, one Aim, Blasphemy God. Agnostic atheist is someone who hold the view that God cannot be proven or disprove, right ? If you cannot disprove the existence of God, why blasphemy Him ? Is this not what exactly the atheist do ? Y'LL ARE ATHEIST. Fact!!
Re: Albert Einstein Did Not Believe In God! by Nobody: 11:21am On Aug 18, 2016
Pdizzle:

Please check your dictionary, all atheists in fact most do not claim to be 100% sure.

(narrowly) Belief that no deities exist (sometimes including rejection of other religious beliefs).

(broadly) Rejection of belief that any deities exist (with or without a belief that no deities exist).

The second definition suggests agnosticism.
I don't fancy using peoples feeling of what they think they do and should be called to ascertain what they really are and should be called. Are you saying Atheists are not 100 percent sure God or a God exists? Yes or No.
Re: Albert Einstein Did Not Believe In God! by freecocoa(f): 12:35pm On Aug 18, 2016
malvisguy212:
keep on deceiving yourself, given yourself name, agnostic atheist,agnostic etc. One fact remain, All you guys behave the same way, one Agender, one Aim, Blasphemy God. Agnostic atheist is someone who hold the view that God cannot be proven or disprove, right ? If you cannot disprove the existence of God, why blasphemy Him ? Is this not what exactly the atheist do ? Y'LL ARE ATHEIST. Fact!!
Come respect yourself, I don't have time for rubbish, so just behave.
Re: Albert Einstein Did Not Believe In God! by Nobody: 1:49pm On Aug 18, 2016
malvisguy212:
What freecocoa means by Agnostic atheist or atheistic agnostic is that she is an agnostic but she is not subject to religion.
Re: Albert Einstein Did Not Believe In God! by Nobody: 2:29pm On Aug 18, 2016
Pdizzle:

Lol, do you know what Araba means? That's his rank

In the words of Sherlock Holmes: I do not feed my mind with irrelevant information.

Nonetheless, what is Araba?

Wande Abimbola is a pure babalawo, he even had this interview where he said he gets invited for divination outside the country and his nickname in ife was Baba Ifa. Ask any ifa worshipper who Wande is

Wande Abimbola's juju cannot be any more potent than any of those nameless ifa priests you would find in any ramshackle hut in Idanre or Ilesha or even in Ikorodu here in Lagos.

Materialism nibbles away at the spiritual potency of these sort of individuals. Why do you think monks, hermits and religious people in general abjure materialism to toe the path of asceticism? Because fame and wealth are inversely proportional to spirituality: the more famous and wealthier they are, the less spiritually active they become.

Which is why I think that Wande Ambimbola, though has more media coverage than his occultic colleagues might still not be worth his salt as an Ifa priest.

The ones that wield real power are usually unknown.

What do you mean darker gods, no god can be darker than esu in ATR and ifa priest

Esu is not a dark god - his two-timing personality, puckishness and mischievousness — (like the story wherein he stoked conflict between two tightknit friends over 'the colour of the cap a man was wearing) — are why he's mistaken to be evil and a dark god.

Esu is also misconstrued to be the Devil because he is tasked with the duty of bringing misfortunes on those who go against Olodumare's commands.

Don't forget that Orunmila listens to Olodumare's commands first-hand then passes it down to Esu (Orunmila's right hand), who would then bring the message to the Ifa priests on earth (Aye). Would Olodumare brook this concatenation if Esu was indeed evil?

Esu also has 200 names in Yoruba - one of which is Lagemo Orun which means sacred child of Heaven

How can someone they call a sacred child of Heaven be a poecilonym for evil?

Esu is not a dark God. Dark gods —and by this I mean no-nonsense gods— are the likes of Sango Olukoso, Sopona (god of small pox) etc.

gives him his accolade ;
Esu laalu ogirioko
Olominile fejewe
O belekun sunkun keru o belekun grin.
ATR is polytheism, they take into cognizance the 201 deities.

Why aren't you acting with the likes of Iya Rainbow and Yinka Quadri? You should be acting in the Yoruba movie industry since memorising oriki for Esu is a Superman all-in-day's-job activity for you. grin

No one is talking about Nigeria India rubbish, voodoo is used in African football till date, I've read about it with first hand account from player and coaches. There was a time Nigeria went to play and pigeon blood was all over dressing room and the coach told them not to enter

I want proof of this. A picture, a video. . . . . . .anything to lend credence to this.

Even the famous Nigeria Senegal incident comes to mind. Taribo came out about it recently and Oliseh complained of it. Mali chief priest boasted of it on TV.
Any diety wey dey fear camera never sabi him work

So far the whole ballyhoo about voodooism making unwarranted forays into footie has been based only on hearsays. Just like professional boxers who in the past claimed that some of their colleagues used charms and amulets to boost their performance, all of these remain unfounded allegations.

We need proof. . . . . .not just hearsays or rumours making the rounds on the grapevine.
Re: Albert Einstein Did Not Believe In God! by cloudgoddess(f): 3:35pm On Aug 18, 2016
Reyginus:
Lol. An atheist is sure that god doesn't exist while an agnostic doesn't really know. Now join the two together. Instead of saying I am an agnostic theist you say I know god doesn't exist I don't know god doesn't exist. Lol.
Where did you stumble upon these definitions? Or are you just going off your own assumptions?
Re: Albert Einstein Did Not Believe In God! by Nobody: 3:40pm On Aug 18, 2016
cloudgoddess:

Where did you stumble upon these definitions? Or are you just going off your own assumptions?
I thought I left this thread. If I may ask, is an Atheism hundred percent sure there's No God or an atheist just don't buy the idea there's a God? You can define yours if you want.

1 Like

Re: Albert Einstein Did Not Believe In God! by Pdizzle(m): 3:59pm On Aug 18, 2016
darkenedrebel:

In the words of Sherlock Holmes: I do not feed my mind with irrelevant information.

Nonetheless, what is Araba?

Wande Abimbola's juju cannot be any more potent than any of those nameless ifa priests you would find in any ramshackle hut in Idanre or Ilesha or even in Ikorodu here in Lagos.

Materialism nibbles away at the spiritual potency of these sort of individuals. Why do you think monks, hermits and religious people in general abjure materialism to toe the path of asceticism? Because fame and wealth are inversely proportional to spirituality: the more famous and wealthier they are, the less spiritually active they become.

Which is why I think that Wande Ambimbola, though has more media coverage than his occultic colleagues might still not be worth his salt as an Ifa priest.

The ones that wield real power are usually unknown.

Esu is not a dark god - his two-timing personality, puckishness and mischievousness — (like the story wherein he stoked conflict between two tightknit friends over 'the colour of the cap a man was wearing) — are why he's mistaken to be evil and a dark god.

Esu is also misconstrued to be the Devil because he is tasked with the duty of bringing misfortunes on those who go against Olodumare's commands.

Don't forget that Orunmila listens to Olodumare's commands first-hand then passes it down to Esu (Orunmila's right hand), who would then bring the message to the Ifa priests on earth (Aye). Would Olodumare brook this concatenation if Esu was indeed evil?

Esu also has 200 names in Yoruba - one of which is Lagemo Orun which means sacred child of Heaven

How can someone they call a sacred child of Heaven be a poecilonym for evil?

Esu is not a dark God. Dark gods —and by this I mean no-nonsense gods— are the likes of Sango Olukoso, Sopona (god of small pox) etc.

Why aren't you acting with the likes of Iya Rainbow and Yinka Quadri? You should be acting in the Yoruba movie industry since memorising oriki for Esu is a Superman all-in-day's-job activity for you. grin

I want proof of this. A picture, a video. . . . . . .anything to lend credence to this.

So far the whole ballyhoo about voodooism making unwarranted forays into footie has been based only on hearsays. Just like professional boxers who in the past claimed that some of their colleagues used charms and amulets to boost their performance, all of these remain unfounded allegations.

We need proof. . . . . .not just hearsays or rumours making the rounds on the grapevine.

I don't know any proof you might need for the presence of voodoo in African football apart from first hand confessions from professionals, even a white man Stevanovic attested to it when he coached ghana.
Fact is that the paranormal has not been proven.
Re: Albert Einstein Did Not Believe In God! by Nobody: 4:24pm On Aug 18, 2016
freecocoa:
You were agreeing with whoever on agnostic atheists not knowing what they claim to be all about, citing me as one of such persons, what's that?

And by no stretch of the imagination could I have been wrong in calling whoever says he/she is an agnostic atheist a befuddled, betwattled confusionist - excuse my French.

Agnotism is the belief that the existence of deities is unprovable.

Atheism on the other hand is the outright, blatant denial of the existence of deities.

How logical is it to conflate two polar opposites?

Like Reyginus adduced, it's like saying I'm a civilian soldier. Does that sound sensible to you?

It's a self-contradictory statement! You're free to flash the searchlight on the logic in it - 'the logic that's obviously eluding me'.

Didn't realise I was unserious before.

You were both serious and fun at the same time. But nowadays you're like a formulaic, mechanical facsimile that came from the year 2080 in a hot tub time machine to make my life miserable. grin
Re: Albert Einstein Did Not Believe In God! by Nobody: 4:30pm On Aug 18, 2016
Pdizzle:

I don't know any proof you might need for the presence of voodoo in African football apart from first hand confessions from professionals, even a white man Stevanovic attested to it when he coached ghana.
Fact is that the paranormal has not been proven.

You believe in confessions you heard from 'professionals' but find it hard to believe in the confessions of those who claim to have witnessed paranormal events?

Good grief!. . . . . .if you ever ruled as a King, you would be the king of double standards.
Re: Albert Einstein Did Not Believe In God! by malvisguy212: 5:14pm On Aug 18, 2016
freecocoa:
Come respect yourself, I don't have time for rubbish, so just behave.
Your heart is soft, easy to be manipulated by satanic lies. You stumbling in this forum was to sharpen your faith in God, when the time is ripe, you will come back home.
Re: Albert Einstein Did Not Believe In God! by Nobody: 5:40pm On Aug 18, 2016
Reyginus:
Lol. That's like saying I am military civilian. I am a civilian because I belong to the civil society and I am a military person because I am a solder.
You can be a military/militant civilian. Do you youngins not understand the use of english?
Freecocoa and many others are perfectly correct to say they are agnostic atheists. It's legit play on adjectives.
Re: Albert Einstein Did Not Believe In God! by freecocoa(f): 6:18pm On Aug 18, 2016
darkenedrebel:

And by no stretch of the imagination could I have been wrong in calling whoever says he/she is an agnostic theist a befuddled, betwattled confusionist - excuse my French.

Agnotism is the belief that the existence of deities is unprovable.

Atheism on the other hand is the outright, blatant denial of the existence of deities.

How logical is it to conflate two polar opposites?

Like Reyginus adduced, it's like saying I'm a civilian soldier. Does that sound sensible to you?

It's a self-contradictory statement! You're free to flash the searchlight on the logic in it - 'the logic that's obviously eluding me'.

You were both serious and fun at the same time. But nowadays you're like a formulaic, mechanical facsimile that came from the year 2080 in a hot tub time machine to make my life miserable. grin
You know what? I'm tired of explaining it, you can believe what you want but just know, the joke's on you.
Re: Albert Einstein Did Not Believe In God! by Pdizzle(m): 6:24pm On Aug 18, 2016
darkenedrebel:

You believe in confessions you heard from 'professionals' but find it hard to believe in the confessions of those who claim to have witnessed paranormal events?

Good grief!. . . . . .if you ever ruled as a King, you would be the king of double standards.

How do you expect people to believe you experience something that never works in a controlled environment. That these professional confess to using it and we see it. There was even a bbc documentary on the Togo team about it. Everyone sees that, so no one argues about it. There's no double standard here, we talking about involvement of voodoo in African football and there are proofs...to potency of the voodoo and there are no proofs.
Re: Albert Einstein Did Not Believe In God! by freecocoa(f): 6:24pm On Aug 18, 2016
malvisguy212:
Your heart is soft, easy to be manipulated by satanic lies. You stumbling in this forum was to sharpen your faith in God, when the time is ripe, you will come back home.
Stop quoting me with rubbish my friend, if you don't have anything reasonable to say to me, just let me be.
Re: Albert Einstein Did Not Believe In God! by Nobody: 7:58pm On Aug 18, 2016
BoboYekini:
You can be a military/militant civilian. Do you youngins not understand the use of english?
Freecocoa and many others are perfectly correct to say they are agnostic atheists. It's legit play on adjectives.
Lol. Is atheism hundred percent sure there's no god?
Re: Albert Einstein Did Not Believe In God! by wiegraf: 12:41am On Aug 19, 2016
Reyginus:
Lol. Ba kashi na ba ne? Kashi na magana na.

We are simply pointing out the contradictions and hypocrisy in your position when you claim god can sprout out of nothing but the universe can't.

In fact, it seems to me like most don't believe something can come from nothing (though personally, I believe that to be possible, in a sense)
Re: Albert Einstein Did Not Believe In God! by Nobody: 8:11am On Aug 19, 2016
wiegraf:

We are simply pointing out the contradictions and hypocrisy in your position when you claim god can sprout out of nothing but the universe can't.

In fact, it seems to me like most don't believe something can come from nothing (though personally, I believe that to be possible, in a sense)
God sprout of anything? I've never heard of this before.
Re: Albert Einstein Did Not Believe In God! by freecocoa(f): 7:55pm On Aug 19, 2016
BoboYekini:
I was gonna ignore you but then...it's Friday night and I done kissed a joint.undecided
Re: Albert Einstein Did Not Believe In God! by Nobody: 9:34pm On Aug 19, 2016
freecocoa:
I was gonna ignore you but then...it's Friday night and I done kissed a joint.undecided
Haha. Come here you.. smiley
Re: Albert Einstein Did Not Believe In God! by freecocoa(f): 9:43pm On Aug 19, 2016
BoboYekini:
Haha. Come here you.. smiley
undecided undecided undecided
Re: Albert Einstein Did Not Believe In God! by wiegraf: 1:00am On Aug 20, 2016
Reyginus:
God sprout of anything? I've never heard of this before.

Kayi..

Oya, what is first cause?
Re: Albert Einstein Did Not Believe In God! by Nobody: 11:28am On Aug 20, 2016
wiegraf:

Kayi..

Oya, what is first cause?
First cause? The idea of a first cause makes no sense. I prefer uncaused cause. Except your idea of first cause does not recognize coming into existence we can then speak in such terms.

In that case, a first cause has always being. Has always existed. Any idea of it coming into existence suggests a causative agent. And our first cause goes a step further. This builds into an infinite regress.

Your question is thus invalidated. God cannot come into existence. He cannot begin to exist. The idea of coming into being suggests a change and change is not possible without an agent. He can't be the agent if he was made to exist.
Re: Albert Einstein Did Not Believe In God! by wiegraf: 4:55am On Aug 22, 2016
Reyginus:
First cause? The idea of a first cause makes no sense. I prefer uncaused cause. Except your idea of first cause does not recognize coming into existence we can then speak in such terms.

In that case, a first cause has always being. Has always existed. Any idea of it coming into existence suggests a causative agent. And our first cause goes a step further. This builds into an infinite regress.

Your question is thus invalidated. God cannot come into existence. He cannot begin to exist. The idea of coming into being suggests a change and change is not possible without an agent. He can't be the agent if he was made to exist.

Kayi, see all this gymnastics. Why can't it be both uncaused and first? And suggesting that something's always existed brings with it it's own set of problems. Eg, with this universe, if something had existed forever, without a beginning, then entropy would have made it useless. How could something work within time without some sort of beginning work sef? ?

But all that matters not to our point.

Why can't the universe be your uncaused cause?

Tip - Don't use my points from above.
Re: Albert Einstein Did Not Believe In God! by Nobody: 10:17am On Aug 22, 2016
wiegraf:

Kayi, see all this gymnastics. Why can't it be both uncaused and first? And suggesting that something's always existed brings with it it's own set of problems. Eg, with this universe, if something had existed forever, without a beginning, then entropy would have made it useless. How could something work within time without some sort of beginning work sef? ?

But all that matters not to our point.

Why can't the universe be your uncaused cause?

Tip - Don't use my points from above.
I thought your science told us the universe came into existence?
Re: Albert Einstein Did Not Believe In God! by wiegraf: 10:15am On Aug 23, 2016
Reyginus:
I thought your science told us the universe came into existence?

You didn't answer my queshon

But no, it doesn't. It says very little about the early stages of the Big Bang, let alone it's origins. It doesn't even say if there's an origin or no.

Why? Because they simply don't know

You go answer my question?
Re: Albert Einstein Did Not Believe In God! by Nobody: 11:06am On Aug 23, 2016
wiegraf:

You didn't answer my queshon

But no, it doesn't. It says very little about the early stages of the Big Bang, let alone it's origins. It doesn't even say if there's an origin or no.

Why? Because they simply don't know

You go answer my question?

I'm answering your question. How can the universe always be when your Big Bang theory claims the universe came from a Singularity? Or you don't know that? Do you admit the Big Bang Theory is nonsense maybe I'd give my own reason?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

God Speaks Through His Spirit (tell Yours) / I'm Fed UP!! I Want To Start A Church! Who Is With Me? / Why Do Other Animals Suffer Too?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.